Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Future Novels in the Harry Potter World.

Old October 23rd, 2011, 5:31 am
Second Year

Re: Future Novels in the Harry Potter World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_moldywort View Post
I saw on tumblr today that Jo announced a new book series. I doubt the validity of it and I'm new to tumblr so I don't really understand it but I would think that more information would be out on it if there really was a new series announced.
I just searched around for it and don't think it is valid. However, I can't wait for the encyclopedia!

Lightnox167
12¼ inches, Hawthorn, Unicorn Hair core, unyielding

Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2011, 1:57 pm
Second Year

Oh well, I feel it is my sacred duty to post any snippet of potter related rumors.

YewSpirit36 is waiting for Pottermore
Old October 23rd, 2011, 1:59 pm
The Next Great Adventurer

Any genuine announcement would appear first on the publisher's and JKR's sites.

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Old October 23rd, 2011, 10:36 pm
Second Year

I'd love to see any HP related books coming from JKR!

Proud Gryffindor
"Tell them how it happened that night! How you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him!"
Old October 23rd, 2011, 10:41 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taquiq View Post
I just searched around for it and don't think it is valid. However, I can't wait for the encyclopedia!
Until we hear otherwise from JKR or her publishers, I have a suspicion that Pottemore *is* the encyclopedia.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Old October 24th, 2011, 2:02 am
First Year

I hope Pottermore isn't going to be considered the encyclopedia (especially since I haven't even been able to get in yet). I really really like the idea of an actual book that I can flip through quickly and won't have to get on the computer to access. Personally, I hope the only future novels in the HP series would be an encyclopedia and a prequel. I don't think JKR would publish any continuations anyway since she ended the series pretty well and it would leave less to the imagination of the readers. That's just my thought, though.

sig by DarkLord7

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
~Sirius Black

Pottermore:
CauldronPixie6904
Hufflepuff
Wand-black walnut, phoenix feather core, 10 3/4 inches, hard flexibility
Old October 24th, 2011, 3:30 am
Second Year

*shakes fist at sky* Darn you, Pottermore!

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. Either I'm a genius or I'm mad, which is it? 'No,' I said, 'I can't be mad because nobody's put me away; therefore I'm a genius.' Genius is a form of madness and we're all that way. But I used to be coy about it, like me guitar playing. But if there's such a thing as genius - I am one. And if there isn't, I don't care." - John Lennon
Old October 24th, 2011, 4:14 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapes_witch View Post
Until we hear otherwise from JKR or her publishers, I have a suspicion that Pottemore *is* the encyclopedia.
Wow. That would be a huge disappointment.

Lightnox167
12¼ inches, Hawthorn, Unicorn Hair core, unyielding

Old October 25th, 2011, 2:41 am
Second Year

I hope that as we speak Jo is carefully crafting new characters and plot lines for a new series in the HP world. That is what I will dream about tonight.

YewSpirit36 is waiting for Pottermore
Old October 25th, 2011, 2:46 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_moldywort View Post
I hope that as we speak Jo is carefully crafting new characters and plot lines for a new series in the HP world. That is what I will dream about tonight.
You are not the only one.

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. Either I'm a genius or I'm mad, which is it? 'No,' I said, 'I can't be mad because nobody's put me away; therefore I'm a genius.' Genius is a form of madness and we're all that way. But I used to be coy about it, like me guitar playing. But if there's such a thing as genius - I am one. And if there isn't, I don't care." - John Lennon
Old October 26th, 2011, 8:45 am
First Year

I so wish there's a prequel pertaining to the marauder's era..I really want to know all about James, Sirius, Remus and Lily. Peter, not so much. =P

Old October 26th, 2011, 12:02 pm
First Year

I'm still holding out for that prequel that she's said that she's not going to write. :P

Old October 26th, 2011, 4:11 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuStark View Post
A series about the Marauders years would only be interesting to me if we delved into the minds of some of the very minor characters, like Regulus, we know he turns against Vodly, but why? I think if we did get stories about the Marauders I know they'll be wonderfully written with these cast of characters! I think the two problems I would have about a Marauders series though would be that it's to close to Harry's era, and also we do know where it all ends. I think I'll just be insanely depressed reading it, considering everyone in the Marauder's era pretty much dies. Unless people fancy tragedy...

But short stories about them would be nice, I can see it now; a whole book of short stories based in different parts of the Marauders life's.
I agree. I would love to have a glimpse into Jo's version of the marauders and how Lily and Snape fell out and how James and Lily fell in love but I think it's SO covered by the fandom and everyone has such an idea in their own mind about the characters and events that I don't think she would make anyone happy with that kind of story. HOWEVER - I do think a series of short stories would be really cool just giving us little snippets of interactions between characters and little moments in their lives... that would be fun.

I also agree that focusing on the more minor characters would be far more interesting. Regulus would be a really interesting story as would Peter's journey from friend to spy - plus, in both stories to a certain extent we'd still get J/L/Sp/Sr/L and all the other marauder era characters just seen and told through an 'outsiders' eyes. That would be cool.

And I have absolutely no interest in stories about H/G's kids.

Quote:
I so wish there's a prequel pertaining to the marauder's era..I really want to know all about James, Sirius, Remus and Lily. Peter, not so much. =P
That's sad - Peter would have the most interesting and dramatic story in my opinion. Yes, he's a villain in the HP series and many fans (IMO unfairly) hate him unconditionally for betraying his friends but we don't know the circumstances that made him change his mind and switch sides. I think he could have a very sympathetic and moving story. My heart lies with the James/Lily/Snape triangle of the era but my mind tells me Peter is where the real story is.

Last edited by Goddess_Clio; October 26th, 2011 at 4:17 pm.
Old November 1st, 2011, 5:40 pm
Fourth Year

I could that as a good stroy! I wouldn't mind seeing what caused him to go to the Dark Side! He was basically giving up everything he had! And he had to know that sooner or later the change would bite him in the butt! So it would be interesting to find out why he changed! It's got to be more than just the fact that he thought Voldemort would win!

Let us never forget Those who gave their lives to save our freedom
Old November 5th, 2011, 3:00 pm
First Year

I would personally wanna hear about the teachers at the school and their lives and more about the history of Hogwarts It sounds so interesting

'A funny memory can get you through anything!'~ me

Wit Beyond Measure is Mans Greatest Treasure

discendum rideat vivamus amorem ~MY MOTTO
Old November 5th, 2011, 10:58 pm
Fourth Year

I agree about wanting to hear more about Hogwarts - I'd like to hear more about it's founding - and the relationship between the 4 founders.

Old November 6th, 2011, 1:05 am
First Year

I would love a book about the trio after the war- how they coped, their jobs and careers, married life, their relationships etc. It doesn`t need to be a series, just one book would be awesome! I would also love it if it narrated by lots of different characters as well and not just Harry`s voice. I`d love to get inside Ron and Hermione`s head as well as Neville and Luna`s.

I would also love to read anything about the next generation- I`m thinking it would be centered around Al, Rose and presumably Scorpius. I get the feeling that Rose and Scorpius`s relationship would kinda resemble Ron and Hermione`s. I`m sure they`d bicker all the time!

A book about Dumbledore and his life would also be great, and Snape as well.

" Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love."

Old November 12th, 2011, 5:33 pm
Second Year

Quote:
I agree about wanting to hear more about Hogwarts - I'd like to hear more about it's founding - and the relationship between the 4 founders.
I like this idea too it would be great.

I think there could be hundreds of books brought from these 7. The themes are endless: The trio as adults/family life; Luna Lovegood's antics could provide a 'round the world adventures' series by itself; A Quidditch team's efforts to win the world cup; Life as a squib or An adult wizard falling in love and starting a family with a muggle. Its a great story, loads of potential

Old November 12th, 2011, 8:30 pm
Knower of things

I would love to get some glimpses of the over all story from the angle of other characters. I remember JK saying at some point,she had an entire back story for Dean - that kind of story would be very interesting to hear, the back story, what was going on for everyone else. Even to see what things were like from the point of view of Hermionie or Ron!

Obviously more of the background and teachers would be great too. I mean after seeing how fantastic McGonagall was in the last couple of books her school days would be a great read I'm sure.

Old November 12th, 2011, 9:37 pm
Third Year

Other novels, no... but I would LOVE to see some more of those Comic Relief books... We could see one a year about everything from apparition to charms to potions to wandlore! She could write them as a collection of Harry's school books. Instead of Dumbledore writing the prefaces, we could see intros from McGonnagal, Slughorn, or others...

I'd love to get those!

Genuine, Unique, & Authentic Hand-Crafted Magical Wands, Made in the heart of the Rocky Mountains! With real magical cores! Christian Mills, Master Wandmaker. (Click on the card to visit the wand shoppe!)

PROUD RAVENCLAW

Pottermore Info: Spruce & Unicorn Hair Wand, Ten & Three Quarters Inches, Hard. Ravenclaw, SunElm8... If you want to friend me on Pottermore, send me a PM here first...

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References