Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Rate / Review the Last Film you've seen v.3

Old January 12th, 2018, 3:08 am
Ravenclaw Prefect

Re: Rate / Review the Last Film you've seen v.3

Star Wars: The Last Jedi--I guess I'm the outlier, because I liked it. Without giving spoilers, I thought it was entertaining. There were parts that were weaker and/or extraneous, but they didn't detract from the positives for me. One thing that I appreciated most was the that the movie went in some unexpected directions, especially with Luke's story. I thought that the lack of predictability was a good change. Visually, the movie looks great, and John Williams' scores are always a win. So ultimately, it's not perfect, but it was fun and I think it's a perfectly good addition to the Star Wars saga.

Awesome Ravenclaw Princess of the Strawberry-ness/Pottermore Ravenclaw & Thunderbird
Back to COS, the Forum that Lived
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2018, 3:34 am
The Next Great Adventurer

Not just one of the better SW movies, but a good movie full stop. The thing is that however good a SW movie is, they'll never satisfy the fanbois who didn't like VII because it was too derivative, but didn't like VIII because it was too different.

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Old January 15th, 2018, 5:46 pm
Sixth Year

Star Wars - The Last Jedi - 6.5/10

Not perfect, of course. Still very far form Empire Strikes Back... But infinitely better than episodes I, II and III. Less predictible than I thought, and with deeper character development than I expected. Wonderful visuals, of course.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion