Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Is there anything in the movies that you like more than in the books?

Old April 8th, 2011, 9:55 pm
First Year

Re: Is there anything in the movies that you like more than in the books?

I like the scene where Voldemort kills Charity Burbage better in Deathly Hallows, P1. The person playing Charity was very good, and the setting was great.

Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2011, 6:56 am
First Year

i really liked both the dance scene in GOF and the scene where they're preparing for it (where McGonagall is teaching them to dance and uses Ron as her partner)

also i was never really a fan of H/G when i was reading the book(s), but once i saw all the H/G scenes in HBP, those totally won me over!!!

also the scene with Ron, Hermione and the birds (and Harry) in HBP......IMHO, better than reading it in the book. I cried along with Hermione in that scene. I STILL cry with Hermione in that scene....

Old April 9th, 2011, 8:10 am
Second Year

I like the polyjuice scene in chamber of secrets when Draco looks at Goyle and goes "I didn't know you could read." Then, in the common room he finds a present, shakes it, and then swipes it. Funny!

Severus Snape ~ The Boy Who Loved
Old April 9th, 2011, 2:37 pm
First Year

I still love the books idscriptions of things, but I think the movies really brought a lot of things to life for me, I think all the tasks in GoF were just amazing and the mer city was way better then how I thought of it, and the prefect's bathroom was awesome too I didn't really have a clear image in my mind but the movie made it look just awesome! Now I could see why people wanted to sneek in there.

Old April 16th, 2011, 10:36 am
Sixth Year

I was re-watching DH tonight (obviously) and I loved the dance scene between Harry and Hermione. It just seemed sweet and really showed what kind of friendship they have. Hermione was feeling awful, and by adding that scene, it showed Harry trying to make her feel better and also, in a way, showed his appreciation of her sticking around. I didn't look at the scene as anything other than friendship when I first saw the movie, and I still don't now, though I'm sure others have.

"Think how it must be for all the kids who were 8 when Harry debuted in 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone' ... Those kids are now 18, and when they close the final book, they will be in some measure closing the book on their own childhoods."
~ Stephan King, July 2007
Old April 16th, 2011, 3:12 pm
First Year

I wish I was able to read ALL of the books before seeing any of the movies, just so I could see how my brian would have pictured the characters.

I am in my 3rd reading of the books and, since I have seen all of the movies (at least movies 1-5 before I started reading), the characters will always be engraved in my head as the actors in the movies. Not that its a bad thing, as I do like the casting alot, but it still would have been cool to imagine my own characters looks.

Old April 16th, 2011, 6:17 pm
Sixth Year

That Neville is a great dancer!

Old April 17th, 2011, 5:35 am
Third Year

I think Dobby's death was portrayed beautifully in the movie. It was pure, raw emotion and I even cried while watching it, in comparison to the book, which didn't have the same effect.

Also, I'm glad that they actually showed Hermione casting the memory charm on her parents, instead of just her mentioning it in passing. It made the moment so much more real and gave rise to the seriousness of the impending war and Hermione's future.

Hufflepuff Pride
Old April 17th, 2011, 5:44 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvDarkMarks View Post
I'm glad that they actually showed Hermione casting the memory charm on her parents, instead of just her mentioning it in passing. It made the moment so much more real and gave rise to the seriousness of the impending war and Hermione's future.
I agree with this!

I also liked that Hedwig got to fly and defend in the scene just before he died.

Old April 17th, 2011, 2:10 pm
Third Year

I like how, in the GoF film, how Harry got chased up and down Hogwarts in the First Task. A little more interesting - but it sort of shows a little incompetence on the side of the Ministry.

CoS|Pottermore
ThestralStorm121 is two sides of a coin.
Old April 17th, 2011, 2:15 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I was re-watching DH tonight (obviously) and I loved the dance scene between Harry and Hermione. It just seemed sweet and really showed what kind of friendship they have. Hermione was feeling awful, and by adding that scene, it showed Harry trying to make her feel better and also, in a way, showed his appreciation of her sticking around. I didn't look at the scene as anything other than friendship when I first saw the movie, and I still don't now, though I'm sure others have.
If you watch the blu ray, and use the maximum movie mode, they talk about that dance scene and how they did intend for it to feel like a will they/won't they moment. Emma talks a bit about it, and I thought her explanation reflected what could happen between two people in a real life situation like that (without magic and running from Voldemort, of course. But when you have a friend of the opposite sex and have that moment of 'could this be something more'. I think a lot of people go through that with their friends of opposite sex--not with every single one of them, of course.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting!

Old April 30th, 2011, 1:26 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
I like how Harry is surprised when he walked into the tent and said " I love magic" and I also loved when he first walked into the Burrow. I guess he might have been expecting a bigger place because there was a large number of Weasleys, but when he saw the magical clock and the dishes washing themselves and the knitting needles going, he realised that you don't really need a big place.
I know this is old, but I don't think it's the magical stuff, it's that the house smells like a loving family--something that Harry never had after the first year of his life.

Old May 1st, 2011, 7:04 am
Second Year

I loved the Goblet of Fire's additional scenes, like when they were inside the tent and they were teasing Ron, "Viktor, I love you... Viktor, I do... when we're apart, my heart beats only for you."
And when Harry and Ron were talking while taking a test, and Snape kept on bumping their heads.

Drarry | Romione | Lupin/Tonks
Old May 1st, 2011, 8:19 am
Fourth Year

The way the Death Eaters and the Order of the Phoenix members travelled (Apparated?) in the fifth film in particular, by flying around as either a black or white smoke-like substance. I just thought it looked really interesting, and I don't remember that happening in the book. Also, the battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort looked so much better than I imagined it while reading the book.

I also like the Hogwarts uniforms. If I remember correctly, in the books the students just wear robes over Muggle clothes.

In a more general sense, I like the high-speed action scenes better in the movies than in the books, because when I read any books I always have trouble with imagining those kinds of scenes while reading them.

"You need your Inner Eye tested, if you ask me.
" - Ron Weasley

"I don't know where you learned about right and wrong, but you
seem to have missed a few crucial lessons." - Molly Weasley
Old May 1st, 2011, 8:33 am
Sixth Year

I like personal moments they add between them, because we lose so much of tender and quiet moments in the book, so, sometimes the quiet conversations, or moments are the best. Like Harry comforting Hermione and vice a versa down below the dormitories in HBP when Ron and Lavender stumble in. When Harry and Ron discuss Ginny and Hermione in their rooms. When Harry dances with Hermione in DH1. When Harry hugs Ron and Hermione so fiercely.

Old May 1st, 2011, 12:09 pm
First Year

Oh yes, definitely the Harry and Hermione dance in DH1. I think it developed Harry's character quite well... I saw bits of Daniel shining through... The way he was slightly goofy and awkward in the way that he was dancing, but the gesture was so warm and it just shows how much Harry does care for his friends, and it shows what a kind heart he has. I think that side of him needed to come out a lot sooner

Old May 1st, 2011, 12:32 pm
First Year

Quote:
When Harry hugs Ron and Hermione so fiercely.
When does that happen?!

Old May 1st, 2011, 4:06 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeevesandMyrtle View Post
When does that happen?!
I think it was in DH1, when Harry sees Ron and Hermione are all right from the seven potter's chase.

best harry potter song ever!!
Old May 1st, 2011, 4:18 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyCrown View Post
I think it was in DH1, when Harry sees Ron and Hermione are all right from the seven potter's chase.
I absolutely adored that moment! He just charges at them and you can just see the look of relief on his face when he does it.

"We spent time here, we made friends here. That’s a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, it’s bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after we’re gone. Maybe we’ll see our kids go here.
That’s the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long you’re away from it, there’s always a way back."
Old May 1st, 2011, 8:22 pm
First Year

It always seemed to me that he noticed how close they were (and in fact, how close to a relationship they were) and wanted to show them that he was there too.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies