Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

N C I S

Old July 29th, 2008, 1:04 pm
Registered Animagus

Re: N C I S

Everything you want to know about Season 6 and were too lazy to go search for...

Spoiler: show
Question: I will follow you to Smurf village if you throw me a bone about NCIS. Are they going to tear the best team ever apart? — Juliet
Ausiello: If by "they" you mean the producers and "team" you mean Gibbs and Co., then the answer is yes. NCIS will, in fact, take a page from House’s unorthodox playbook this fall and introduce a new crew for Gibbs. We’ll also learn what happened to McGee, DiNozzo and Ziva after Vance reassigned them.

Question: Any news yet on how long Gibbs' new team will stick around on NCIS? — Bonnie
Ausiello: Well, that depends on how you interpret this cryptic tease from exec producer Shane Brennan: “As we have learned from the past, no one is ever safe, and before the end of the season premiere, a member of Gibbs’ team will die." A member of his old team?! A member of his new team?! One of the holdovers?! No comment!!

Regarding NCIS, can you find out whether Director Shepard's father is alive or dead? Were the fingerprints found in her study just a red herring? — dorlancaster
Mitovich: Jenny's father, like Jenny herself, is most definitely dead, an NCIS rep assures me. The fingerprints and the claim by the Russian General that her dad was still alive were part of a ploy organized by Kort (who was investigating La Grenouille for the CIA) to discredit Jenny and have her booted from NCIS, thus ending her investigation into "The Frog."

Question: You would have to take the week off when NCIS drops three big bombs on all of us. What gives? — Tygerbam
Ausiello: What gives is… I'm about to more than make it up to you with the following exclusive mini-Q&A with exec producer Shane Brennan featuring your burning questions about the season finale! Woo-hoo!

• Are they really writing out McGee, DiNozzo and Ziva à la House, or will they all be back next season?! Patrick

Brennan: No fan of NCIS will be disappointed when the show returns in September. I promise, we're not doing a House! But strap into your seats, it's going to be a heart stopping ride....

• Please, please, please tell me that they’re not really breaking up the team on NCIS! Lu Ann

Brennan: Deep breaths. Everything is going to be fine. This is Gibbs' team, right?

• Will the show be introducing any new team members next season? Chris

Brennan: Yes. And no.

NCIS - Episode 6.01 - Heartland

A Marine gets in a brawl inside a bar. When the bouncers kick him out, he finds two Marine buddies barely breathing between the trash cans. One doesn't survive and the team is called in to investigate. Gibbs goes back to his home town, where we meet his father. Tony, Abby, Ziva and McGee also appear.

I just wish that they'd had more time to explain Jenny's illness. That whole story line seemed rushed to me. Hopefully they'll do a bit on it in the new season

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend
let's act like it comes naturally

Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2008, 11:16 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

I know -- it was rather rushed. But since that part is over and done with, most likely it won't be explained any further.

But I look forward to the upcoming season, and I hope that Gibbs and company give the new Director hell . Since from what I've seen so far from him -- I don't really like... he seems to be a complete jerk.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; August 10th, 2008 at 2:18 am.
Old August 9th, 2008, 4:02 pm
Registered Animagus

I just want to know what the piece of paper he shredded was!!! It was made too obvious to just be a throw away- I'd say that'll become a big plot point...

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old August 9th, 2008, 4:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbleedore View Post
I just want to know what the piece of paper he shredded was!!! It was made too obvious to just be a throw away- I'd say that'll become a big plot point...
Same here!! That was just made too obvious when the NEW director did that. I tend to think that that piece of paper had to do with something he'd done that he shouldn't have. I second that. Gibbs and co. will be all over that in a hot New York second. They know that the guy is possibly up to no good.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old August 10th, 2008, 1:50 pm
Registered Animagus

I think it'll take several episodes for Gibbs to cotton on- but at the same time, Gibbs and he have a past, which you can tell in the first episode he's in (when the FBI was quizzing them).

I think it'll be mid-season before that comes back into play- I reckon it'll be the focus of the season finale and we'll get another new director in season 7

Edit to add...

Question: Please tell me that they are not going to fire most of the NCIS actors. I can't believe they would fool with a good thing. In the last episode of the season, the new director told the group they were all going to different departments. Please say it isn't so! — Arlene

Matt Roush: It is my pleasure to tell you that they are not going to fire most (if any, to my knowledge) of the current NCIS cast, nor are they going to seriously mess with the ensemble formula of the show (unlike what happened on House). This season-ending stunt will be followed through in the beginning of the season, but the team will eventually be restored — though how long it will take and how, I can't tell you, because 1) I don't know; and 2) that would be a spoiler. In this case, I'm basically exercising common sense. Why fix what ain't broke?

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Last edited by dumbleedore; August 10th, 2008 at 1:53 pm.
Old August 10th, 2008, 4:46 pm

Quote:
I think it'll take several episodes for Gibbs to cotton on- but at the same time, Gibbs and he have a past, which you can tell in the first episode he's in (when the FBI was quizzing them).

I think it'll be mid-season before that comes back into play- I reckon it'll be the focus of the season finale and we'll get another new director in season 7

Edit to add...

Question: Please tell me that they are not going to fire most of the NCIS actors. I can't believe they would fool with a good thing. In the last episode of the season, the new director told the group they were all going to different departments. Please say it isn't so! — Arlene

Matt Roush: It is my pleasure to tell you that they are not going to fire most (if any, to my knowledge) of the current NCIS cast, nor are they going to seriously mess with the ensemble formula of the show (unlike what happened on House). This season-ending stunt will be followed through in the beginning of the season, but the team will eventually be restored — though how long it will take and how, I can't tell you, because 1) I don't know; and 2) that would be a spoiler. In this case, I'm basically exercising common sense. Why fix what ain't broke?
Yea I think so as well. Since the new director absolutely HATES Gibbs, it should certainly be an interesting season. Yea no doubt... I'll certainly be interested to see who takes over the spot after him.

Old August 13th, 2008, 9:16 am
Registered Animagus

MAJOR SCOOP

Don't look for any drawn out House-style auditions when it comes time for NCIS to restock Gibbs' threadbare team this fall. When the hit procedural kicks off its sixth season on Sept. 23, the replacements for McGee, DiNozzo, and Ziva will have already been chosen. And if the photo to the left wasn't enough of a clue, at least two of the new recruits will look very familiar to NCIS fans.

Sources confirm that newcomer Jonathan Magnum (far left) will join previous NCIS guest stars Liza Lapira (center) and Jonathan LaPaglia (far right) in filling the void left by Michael Weatherly, Sean Murray and Cote de Pablo -- all of whom were reassigned in the finale (but who will remain with the show nonetheless).

Although the length of the new hires' tour of duty remains top-secret (they're being billed as recurring players), I've been assured by the TPTB at NCIS that disposable plot devices they are not. To that end, I took advantage of my Level III security clearance and gathered some highly classified intel on special agents Keating, Lee, and Langer. Herewith are some highlights:

SPECIAL AGENT DANIEL KEATING (Jonathan Magnum)
* Highly skilled in computer technology. Has an extensive background in solving cyber crime, including recent ring of computer intrusions in the DC metropolitan area.
* Needs improvement in field work; he lacks hands-on experience in the field. His communication skills are also lacking.

SPECIAL AGENT MICHELLE LEE (Liza Lapira)
* NCIS legal division transfer.
* Pursued career as field agent following her stint with Gibbs and team in 2006-2007
* Transfer was delayed due to average assessment from Gibbs.
* Strong analytical thinker with extensive knowledge of both domestic and international law. However, has developed a structured form of methodical investigation. Needs to be more creative in examination and implementation when research leads to legal or physical road blocks.
* Not in file: She had a secret love affair with one Jimmy Palmer. It's still a secret to the agency, so shhhhh!

SPECIAL AGENT BRENT LANGER (Jonathan LaPaglia)
* FBI agent with 10-plus years of field work.
* Recommended and referred to NCIS by Gibbs.
* Previously worked with NCIS and Gibbs on joint NCIS/FBI case involving the death of Marine near a Mosque under FBI surveillance for suspicion of domestic terrorism.
* Skilled liaison between external agencies.
* Excellent investigation skills.

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old August 15th, 2008, 4:15 am

Oooh, thanks for the update. Sounds like it'll be an interesting new season to say the least. I wonder who'll be the snitch in the new bunch... There's always one that tries to do something stupid like that .

Old August 19th, 2008, 10:46 am
Registered Animagus

Just over a month now until the new season and I have more spoilers!!!

NCIS - Episode 6.01 - Last Man Standing - Press Release

"Last Man Standing" - The murder of a Naval Petty Officer leads Gibbs to uncover a shocking connection between the case and Director Vance's decision to disband his team, on the sixth season premiere of NCIS, Tuesday, Sept. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

SERIES REGULARS:
NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs.................. Mark Harmon
NCIS Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo............. Michael Weatherly
Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard................................ David McCallum
Abby Sciuto............................. Pauley Perrette
NCIS Special Agent Timothy McGee ....................... Sean Murray
Ziva David, Mossad Liaison....... Cote de Pablo
NCIS Director Leon Vance............................. Rocky Carroll

RECURRING CAST:
Jimmy Palmer.............................. Brian Dietzen

GUEST CAST:
NCIS Special Agent Michelle Lee................................. Liza Lapira
NCIS Special Agent Brent Langer...................... Jonathan LaPaglia
NCIS Special Agent Daniel T. Keating............... Jonathan Mangum
Eli David.................................... Michael Nouri
Alice Brodie............................... Jenny O'Hara
Andy Pringle.............................. Eric Jungmann
Michael Rivkin............................ Merik Tadros
Dallas............................................ Austin Bass
Milaana Shishani............... Natalie Denise Sperl
Brian Duane Roberts................. Thomas Owen
Second Geek..................... Bradford Anderson
Third Geek.............................................. ........ Jerry Shea
Girl Geek.............................................. .......... Jill Czarnowski
Nervous Asian Man.........................................Andrew Hwang

DIRECTED BY: Tony Wharmby
WRITTEN BY: Shane Brennan

I have pictures too, but I just need to adjust them and I have no decent graphics program!!!

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old August 19th, 2008, 4:03 pm

WOOT for spoilers !!!

Thanks...

That Johnathan Lapaglia guy is the the brother of Anthony Lapaglia, the man who played Daphne's brother on Frasier . I think he'll do a decent job acting on NCIS. Not sure of what part his character portrays, but I look forward to seeing it.

Oh dang... where did you find the pics, if you don't mind me asking...

Old September 1st, 2008, 1:36 am

*bump*

The new season of NCIS (in the US) starts on September 23rd... yea!!!

Who else is looking forward to it?

Old September 3rd, 2008, 3:15 am

Another bump... new promo... -- YAHOO!!

new promo for NCIS -- it certainly looks like it's going to be one FUN season...

Old September 3rd, 2008, 12:44 pm
Registered Animagus

New spoilers!!!

Question: CBS released some pictures from NCIS' Sept. 23 season premiere. Can you please give us the story behind this one of Ziva? -- Melissa
Ausiello: Considering she was fired in last May's season finale, I'm guessing she's finding new and interesting ways to pay the bills. But what do I know? Well, for starters, I know how to pick up a phone, dial exec producer Shane Brennan's number, and get his take on the provocative pic. "Without giving away too many secrets, the answer to why Ziva is dressed in a sexy, backless dress and singing in a smoky bar will be answered in the opening moments of the season six premiere, so fans won't have to wait long to find out the 'why' of it," teases Brennan. "But I can divulge one more piece of the puzzle: the 'where' of it. The bar is in Morocco. And did I mention that in the opening episode a member of Gibbs team gets blown away?" I think you did, but it bears repeating!

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old September 3rd, 2008, 4:02 pm

Quote:
New spoilers!!!

Question: CBS released some pictures from NCIS' Sept. 23 season premiere. Can you please give us the story behind this one of Ziva? -- Melissa
Ausiello: Considering she was fired in last May's season finale, I'm guessing she's finding new and interesting ways to pay the bills. But what do I know? Well, for starters, I know how to pick up a phone, dial exec producer Shane Brennan's number, and get his take on the provocative pic. "Without giving away too many secrets, the answer to why Ziva is dressed in a sexy, backless dress and singing in a smoky bar will be answered in the opening moments of the season six premiere, so fans won't have to wait long to find out the 'why' of it," teases Brennan. "But I can divulge one more piece of the puzzle: the 'where' of it. The bar is in Morocco. And did I mention that in the opening episode a member of Gibbs team gets blown away?" I think you did, but it bears repeating!
Hmm that's some interesting info, most of it confirmed from what I've seen so far. But I still don't trust Ausiello worth a donkey. The guy is a sleazebag. Don't like him one bit. But in terms of a member getting blown away by it... I'm saying it will be Tony ... how about you? Who do you think will be?

Old September 3rd, 2008, 11:34 pm
Registered Animagus

I think some of the previous spoilers say that someone from the new team gets blown away... I'm thinking it's Agent Lee, which will bring the whole Palmer story line to the forefront...

I'm so psyched about season 6!!! 21 days to go for me (I get it the day after everyone else, because I can't wait til next year when it will air here in Australia we're only just finishing season 5 on the tele...)

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old September 4th, 2008, 12:00 am

Quote:
I think some of the previous spoilers say that someone from the new team gets blown away... I'm thinking it's Agent Lee, which will bring the whole Palmer story line to the forefront...

I'm so psyched about season 6!!! 21 days to go for me (I get it the day after everyone else, because I can't wait til next year when it will air here in Australia we're only just finishing season 5 on the tele...)
Ah I see... well that would make some sense there. Maybe they find out about their relationship...

Oh, well I'm SO looking forward to it myself... it looks as if it'll be a REALLY good one...

Old September 4th, 2008, 1:25 pm
Registered Animagus

I'm really curious about Ziva- is she undercover for Mossad or is she not in that world anymore, and when she comes back to NCIS she's a full special agent, not a liason officer...

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old September 4th, 2008, 2:35 pm

Quote:
I'm really curious about Ziva- is she undercover for Mossad or is she not in that world anymore, and when she comes back to NCIS she's a full special agent, not a liason officer...
So am I -- she has a REALLY interesting storyline this year. I look forward to finding out what she's doing, not to mention the status of her and Tony's relationship . I'm a big Tiva (Tony and Ziva relationship) fan myself . Gah, this year is going to be good...

Old September 5th, 2008, 9:41 am
Registered Animagus

I fade in and out on the Tony/Ziva relationship... I've seen too many good shows ruined by having the leads hook up and then break up and then get sucked into a love triangle... I think that romances not involving the team (like Jeanne) give good storylines and new people to focus on, and new ways to cause tension... But if they did the relationship, they'd have to do it good...

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old September 5th, 2008, 6:01 pm

Quote:
I fade in and out on the Tony/Ziva relationship... I've seen too many good shows ruined by having the leads hook up and then break up and then get sucked into a love triangle... I think that romances not involving the team (like Jeanne) give good storylines and new people to focus on, and new ways to cause tension... But if they did the relationship, they'd have to do it good...
Don't blame ya' on that one. I did that in terms of Mulder and Scully, things were getting too soapy for a bit, and I almost became a noromo due to it. As for hooking up, I'm glad that they handled it the way that they did on the X-Files... and all I hope for is that TPTB on NCIS take a similar route.

I can see where you're going with that as well.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television