Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Dumbledore's trying to tell Harry something in Book 5.

Old April 13th, 2003, 12:19 am
First Year

Yeah, I'm half kidding about the wife thing. I don't think Mrs. Figg is old enough.

But wouldn't you think after all these years, that some faithful Death Eater would come kill Harry? He HAS to have a secret keeper.

RON <3'S HERMIONE
You know it's true.
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2003, 12:21 am
First Year

Yeah, I've often wondered why Voldemort was after the Potters with such vigor. They had to go into hiding and everything, but why? Maybe Dumbledore will tell him more about his parents, and why they were such an important target of Voldie's.

RON <3'S HERMIONE
You know it's true.

Last edited by Madam Rosmerta; April 13th, 2003 at 1:01 am.
Old April 13th, 2003, 1:53 am
Third Year

With the Mrs. Figg being Dumbledore's wife, I have wondered about that too. Perhaps if she is not his wife, she is related to him somehow???

Old April 13th, 2003, 1:54 am
Fourth Year

that would be cool!

Old April 13th, 2003, 1:55 am
First Year

Yeah, maybe Mrs. Figg is really Dumblerdore's brother, Aberforth, taking Polyjuice Potion to protect Harry! There, I think I figured it out ;-).

But really, I have always kind of wondered about people taking Polyjuice Potion to turn into someone of the opposite sex.

RON <3'S HERMIONE
You know it's true.
Old April 13th, 2003, 1:56 am
McMugwump Supreme

I'm going to merge this thread with a topic entitled Dumbledore's trying to tell Harry something in book five. You can find this thread in the Great Hall.

If you're unsure whether a topic has been posted previously, please use the search function located at the top left-hand corner of your screen.

Thanks.

Lunch was six dollars and thirty-one cents at the Lamplighter Inn, that's on Highway Two near Lewis Fork.
That was a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, slice of cherry pie, and a cup of coffee.
Damn good food. Diane, if you ever get up this way that cherry pie is worth a stop.

Old April 13th, 2003, 1:59 am
First Year

But, I DID use it haha. I guess I'm just not good at it.

RON <3'S HERMIONE
You know it's true.
Old April 13th, 2003, 2:05 am
McMugwump Supreme

Just in reference to your first point, who's to say that Dumbledore tells Harry "everything" at the beginning of book five? It sounds like the type of confession he would make towards the end of a book after something catastrophic had just happened.

Assuming that Dumbledore first addressed Harry on the issue of why Voldemort wanted him killed in 1992 (the end of PS), the "five year" statement makes sense because the end of OotP is set in 1997.

Lunch was six dollars and thirty-one cents at the Lamplighter Inn, that's on Highway Two near Lewis Fork.
That was a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, slice of cherry pie, and a cup of coffee.
Damn good food. Diane, if you ever get up this way that cherry pie is worth a stop.

Old April 13th, 2003, 2:10 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally posted by rotsiepots (original post)
Just in reference to your first point, who's to say that Dumbledore tells Harry "everything" at the beginning of book five? It sounds like the type of confession he would make towards the end of a book after something catastrophic had just happened.
It never says that Dumbledore confesses to Harry in the beginning of the book, though. I guess that's something we can't assume.

RON <3'S HERMIONE
You know it's true.
Old April 13th, 2003, 2:29 am
McMugwump Supreme

Perhaps I misunderstood your first statement? I thought you were trying to infer that Dumbledore told Harry "everything" at the beginning of book five.

:sorry:

Old April 13th, 2003, 2:34 am
First Year

No, I was just suggesting that the question that Dumbledore will answer in Book 5 could be why Voldemort wanted to kill Harry. That isn't really "everything", I just see the plot of the book changing from "what is Harry's past?" to "Let's defeat Voldemort".

However, I said that the end of his first year to the beginning of his 5th year isn't 5 years, so that the time frame would have to be a little different than that for my theory to work.

Something I just thought of. At the end of Book 4, Dumbledore has a look of hope in his eyes (or something along those lines) when Harry tells him that Voldie used Harry's blood for his resurection. Perhaps he is going to tell Harry that the only way to make Voldemort mortal again is for Harry to give a part of himself to Voldemort, like Voldemort gave a part of himself to Harry. It would make sense that having Harry's blood could put mortality back into him.

RON <3'S HERMIONE
You know it's true.

Last edited by Madam Rosmerta; April 13th, 2003 at 2:43 am.
Old May 11th, 2003, 6:12 pm
Second Year

Well I wasn't about to read through 14 pages, so ya. I just read a great fanfic and it brought up the theory that Dumbledore is a muggle-born. ANd that is why he like them so much, and likes muggle sweets and stuff. Any thoughts on that?

Old May 11th, 2003, 6:34 pm
Secret Keeper

There is a thread devoted to that question in The Great Hall, page one.
"Could Dumbledore be Half-Blood?"

By the way, it is really interesting to read these posts in all the threads. Most of them are funny at times too.
Why else would you want to post, if no one was going to read them?

Last edited by Barbara Kennedy; May 11th, 2003 at 6:54 pm.
Old May 11th, 2003, 6:36 pm
Fourth Year

dubledore is probably gona tell harry why voldie wanted to kill the potters. that's the most obvious thing

Old May 11th, 2003, 9:14 pm
Seventh Year

It's still possible, though that he won't find that out until the end of the series. Dumbledore said Harry aged 11 wasn't ready to know why Voldemort came after the Potters - why would he change his mind and decide that Harry should have known about it then? It could be something we've had no hints about.

My chief weapon is shipping neutrality...and avoidance of over-analysis. My two weapons are shipping neutrality, avoidance of over-analysis, and a sense of humour. My three weapons are shipping neutrality, avoidance of over-analysis, and a sense of humour...and an almost fanatical devotion to Remus Lupin. Among my weapons are...
...I'll come in again.
Old May 12th, 2003, 10:22 pm
Fourth Year

but harry IS going to find out why voldie killed his parents. JK said so. . . maybe not through dumbledore but he will find out

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives