Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Dumbledore's trying to tell Harry something in Book 5.

Old January 15th, 2003, 8:43 pm
First Year

what if dumbledore tells harry that harry is the heir of Gryffindor(or maybe even Slytherin)

Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2003, 8:49 pm
Professor Emeritus

Nah, I'm 99,9999% sure it's not the ending of the book. There are some basic rules for writing a book. One of them is making a logical, appropriate ending. It may leave some space for thoughts, but every writer that respects himself/herself just can't end a book like that.

Old January 15th, 2003, 8:53 pm
Professor Emeritus

Whatever it is, it will be really thrilling if Harry had to wait for four years to know that! I agree that it's either something about Lily (remember the rumor that something huge will be revealed about her?) or the reason why Voldemort wanted to kill Harry. Or maybe the both things. Dreaming, dreaming...

Old January 15th, 2003, 8:56 pm
Banned

LOL, grrr to the heir theories. They show up EVERYWHERE. But anyways, I think it will be about why Voldemorte wanted to kill Harry in the first place, and about his parents.

Old January 15th, 2003, 8:56 pm

Originally posted by Bilbo
What if these are the last lines of HP 5 ?

“Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon glasses.
‘It is time,’ he said, ‘for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry. Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything.’”

it says in the press release that the quote is from somewhere in the middle of the book - so they wouldnt have an untruthful press release, whould they? i agree - that would not fit in with the rest of the HP books. JKR would end a chapter like that though, lol.

but that quote makes me want to read the book even more!!!

Old January 15th, 2003, 8:59 pm
Banned

LOL, just a thought, but I think that's why they included that particular quote from the book...

BTW, great sig, manyasha

Old January 15th, 2003, 9:02 pm
First Year

Maybe it's also why the Dursley have to keep him. Maybe where James Potter got all his money? Why they were in hiding. I hate the suspense!

"Your sons flew that car to Harry's house and back last night." shouted Mrs. Weasley. "What have you got to say about that, eh?"
"Did you really?" said Mr. Weasley eagerly. "Did it go all right? I - I mean," he faltered as sparks flew from Mrs. Weasley's eyes, "that - that was very wrong, boys - very wrong indeed."
Old January 15th, 2003, 9:07 pm
Second Year

it would be funny if snape is really james potters brother or lily's brother

Old January 15th, 2003, 9:08 pm
First Year

from HPSS:

"Well...Voldemort said that he only killed my mother because she tried to stop him from killing me. But why would he want to kill me in the first place?

Dumbledore sighed very deeply this time.

"Alas, the first thing you ask me, I cannot tell you. Not today. Not now. You will know, one day...put it from your mind for now, Harry. WHen you are older...I know you hate to hear this...when you are ready, you will know."

Well, now it's five years later. He's about to have his question answered.

dtpoet

Old January 15th, 2003, 9:19 pm
Banned

I'm sorry, but how does this fit into this thread at all?

Old January 15th, 2003, 9:30 pm
Second Year

I think the ending of this book will be quite dark and emotional. We know someone dies, and one of JKR favourite characters, which may mean that the character is close to Harry. Therefore, Harry might decide that it is time to come out of his shell and protect everyone of whom he loves. He will work out that people dying is his thought, and it is him that is causing it. He then will make a pledge to himself that no matter what happens, he must not let anyone else be taken as an innocent victim again. He will protect them.

I think that is what is going to happen at the end. Stupid huh!!!

Old January 15th, 2003, 9:33 pm
Third Year

Theres no way thats going to be the ending of the books. It cant be, I wouldnt last another 3 years. I agree that I think we are going to be told why Vodemort wanted to kill Harry and we will learn more about his parents in general. Why on earth was Voldemort after them? I can't understant how Harry has gotten through 4 years of school without knowing this. Oh I can't wait, I think I'm going to explode soon

Last edited by Aoife Diggle; January 17th, 2003 at 7:58 pm.
Old January 15th, 2003, 9:53 pm
First Year

I have this really outlandish theory cooking in my head.

Maybe Harry's dad, James, was a former Death Eater (or Death Eater). Voldemort has said that he kills those that are traitors to his ranks. So James betrayed Voldemort. Here's what I think might have happened. Voldemort was into finding immortality. He planted a living memory of himself in a diary as one of his first attempts to be immortal. A memory that could bring itself to life. That obviously didn't work. He has been trying to achieve the ability of the Phoenix - to be able to die and rise again many times. There was a secret order (Order of the Phoenix) that was trying to discover how to do this.
Voldemort developed a spell that he could cast on a baby that when he died he would arise as that child (like a phoenix - though not exactly the same process).

James Potter offered his son to be the child. Either knowing he could defect with the child or because at the time he was a faithful Death Eaterand and later defected.

Now they had defeated Voldemort, because when he (Voldemort) died they would have raise his new form to be "good" ("It's about the choices you make"). Voldemort found out and killed James as a matter of policy, but when he tried his favorite curse to kill Harry Potter it backfired, because he was killing himself and at the same time "arising" in Harry. That's why Harry has Voldemort's power. Voldemort couldn't finish the curse because he was losing all his power and life energy while the curse was being carried out. This left him with almost no power left.

I think that that is what Dumbledore didn't want to tell Harry.

Old January 15th, 2003, 9:55 pm
First Year

Yeah i agree i definately think it has something to do with Harry's parents. Perhaps the reason why Voldermort was so keen on killing James Potter. Because there was always a serious threat, that is why they had to go into hiding and get a secret keeper.
There is also the possibility of some other family ties or other relations.

I can't wait to find it... but it just seems so far away

Cheers

Old January 15th, 2003, 10:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Quote:
It is time, he said for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry. Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything.
What if this is the last sentence of the book, and we have to wait until book 6 to actually find out what D wants to tell him?

I don't think is true though. We're supposed to learn a bit about James and Lily, and I suspect we'll find out precisely why V is after Harry.

Old January 15th, 2003, 10:24 pm
Fourth Year

lol, you scareed me,......... but what if it is ? noooooooooo

lol, i dont think so either. i think he is trying to tel him about why he left him at the dursleys, and background about his momy and dad.

Old January 15th, 2003, 10:45 pm
First Year

Don't we know that something "big" about Lily Potter will be revealed and don't we also know that something is coming with the dursleys that we won't expect...I think we are going to get the entire history in this one...the history of James, Lily, Sirius, Remus, Snape and Peter's generation...I don't think there is any doubt that it will be about them, what else would harry need to know, that he should know, but doesn't...the only answer is what happened to his parents!

Old January 15th, 2003, 10:46 pm
First Year

[quote]Originally posted by Katze
[b]What if this is the last sentence of the book, and we have to wait until book 6 to actually find out what D wants to tell him?

If this is true, I will hurt someone.:angry:

I agree with all of you about Harry's parents. I think it's earth shattering but I think that it is something positive (for lack of a better word) in that he is protected by anceint majic, watch over by DD and others. Also, it has been noted from the beginning that his parents fought againt Voldie (per Hagrid). In CoS, Tom Riddle specifically mentions Lily. I think James was a good guy and got in the way. I think he was after Lily. RKL said we would find out something about her and it is important to know that Harry has her eyes and her wand was good for charms. Maybe she found a way to kill Voldie? I think DD will tell him about Lily.

Old January 15th, 2003, 10:50 pm
Sixth Year

Didn't you read?
Dumbledore is going to tell him 'everything'.

Hehe... that could take a while...

I don't honestly think it'd be the end of the book. The book will end at the end of the school year, just as the other have done.

Unless, of course, DD needs the entire summer holiday to tell Harry 'everything'...

My fics: My Lilyflower (a James/Lily fic)
Tiger Lily (a James/Lily sequel)
Hermione Granger's Diary: Hermione a la Bridget Jones!

Harry Ginny ... Tonks Remus ... Hermione Ron
Fear my armada, for it is strong and mighty...
Old January 15th, 2003, 10:58 pm
First Year

I am guessing it has to do with everything...as stated

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives