Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Old September 12th, 2012, 9:23 am
MODLY CREW

Re: The X-Files

Really, this film might become reality? I'm so thrilled.

Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:58 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriath View Post
Really, this film might become reality? I'm so thrilled.
Yep . I'm thrilled as well.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old September 14th, 2012, 5:05 am
I want to believe

As am I. I really think it would be wonderful to tie up that last loose end.

X-Files is the property of Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox
WolfCloak30 Pottermore
Old September 15th, 2012, 3:33 am

Yea it would be. I remember reading an interview not too long ago, where David said he was still interested in continuing the series, via movies. I was surprised to hear that, considering the last time I read a similar one by him was back in 08'. It's nice to see he feels the same about doing that as he did then .

Frank did an interview or two recently saying he'd hope there would be one more to give the ending they deserved and that there was one more story left to tell.

It's kind of sad to hear him say that, but I suppose it has to deal with whether or not the franchise can/could still make money.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; September 15th, 2012 at 3:45 am.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 8:04 pm

A review I did awhile ago, just haven't had the chance to post it until now:

Conduit (1993 - season 1) -- 8/10

Finally got a chance to see this episode last night and it was worth it. From beginning to end, it was a good early season episode. The acting from everyone involved was well done, and the cinematography was done well and it complemented the episode, along with the music. Both of them helped to create the environment and the mood of the episode itself. It was sad, eerie and gloomy, and definitely not the kind of place that you'd want to spend any real time in.

As for the plot, Mulder finds out about the case via a newspaper/tabloid. About a girl who'd been abducted in a similar manner to his own sister, Samantha.

The FBI (as usual), doesn't want him to do any investigating into it, afraid that he'd get obsessed that much more with it, along with finding out more about what had really happened to his sister. Scully's more than willing to keep him away from the case, but in the end, he ends up going out to where the case took place, with Scully, and doing investigating, regardless of what the FBI wants. I'd say more, but I don't want to give anything else away. It's that good of an episode.

Both David and Gillian do a nice job as Mulder and Scully, with neither of them lacking their respective chemistry with one another. They were both on the same page and it showed.

Overall, this episode kept me watching from beginning to end. A well-played mythology episode.

Old November 13th, 2012, 1:26 am
Curse Breaker

Are you watching (or re-watching) the entire series? Just curious. I found the series sets at Sam's Club for a song, and couldn't resist buying them all. Unbelievably reasonable (at least for me, I'm still working.....).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
A review I did awhile ago, just haven't had the chance to post it until now:

Conduit (1993 - season 1) -- 8/10

Finally got a chance to see this episode last night and it was worth it. From beginning to end, it was a good early season episode. The acting from everyone involved was well done, and the cinematography was done well and it complemented the episode, along with the music. Both of them helped to create the environment and the mood of the episode itself. It was sad, eerie and gloomy, and definitely not the kind of place that you'd want to spend any real time in.

As for the plot, Mulder finds out about the case via a newspaper/tabloid. About a girl who'd been abducted in a similar manner to his own sister, Samantha.

The FBI (as usual), doesn't want him to do any investigating into it, afraid that he'd get obsessed that much more with it, along with finding out more about what had really happened to his sister. Scully's more than willing to keep him away from the case, but in the end, he ends up going out to where the case took place, with Scully, and doing investigating, regardless of what the FBI wants. I'd say more, but I don't want to give anything else away. It's that good of an episode.

Both David and Gillian do a nice job as Mulder and Scully, with neither of them lacking their respective chemistry with one another. They were both on the same page and it showed.

Overall, this episode kept me watching from beginning to end. A well-played mythology episode.

....I miss David Tennant....
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Rewatching it (the exception being the earlier eps (season 1 and 2)). Haven't been able to continue the rewatch due to my dvd player dying and my laptop being down for the count right now .

Sweet . Got the series like that too, only season by season at a good price ($11-$12 per season).

Old November 17th, 2012, 6:04 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Rewatching it (the exception being the earlier eps (season 1 and 2)). Haven't been able to continue the rewatch due to my dvd player dying and my laptop being down for the count right now .

Sweet . Got the series like that too, only season by season at a good price ($11-$12 per season).
Sorry to hear you're presently unable to view the DVD's. When you get re-connected let me know...maybe we can get a discussion going on the thread discussing episodes. By the way, I was able to get all 8 seasons for just over $40, could hardly believe it.

Old November 17th, 2012, 6:36 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedwigOwl View Post
Sorry to hear you're presently unable to view the DVD's. When you get re-connected let me know...maybe we can get a discussion going on the thread discussing episodes. By the way, I was able to get all 8 seasons for just over $40, could hardly believe it.
Thanks . That's a good idea. Wow, that's a steal.

Old December 7th, 2012, 7:51 pm

*slight bump*

news...

Frank Spotnitz is saying movie still doesn't have a script... expects Fox to reboot...

Disclaimer: from comicbookmovie.com

Even if this is Frank speculating... what the insert the word here!? To go from Gillian saying that things look good and that something is being written to this... this makes no sense at all.

Had a couple of guesses myself as to this (just for the heck of it)...

1) Money. Since the movie didn't make as much money as Fox would have wanted it to, then I figure that's why a reboot is even still on the table. Also, I remember something that Chris mentioned in a Tv Guide interview in support of IWTB... where he said (para-phrased) 'that this movie has to be a home run nothing less or else nothing else will be made...' (will double check on this one from my copy of said Tv Guide when I get the chance to) -- even though said comment was said partially in jest, it still said a lot. Basically, what I got from it was that if it didn't earn what Fox and co. wanted, there would be no more XF with M & S. Along with the boat scene being possibly where the characters being left off if things didn't work out... this one makes the most sense to me.

2) Copyright -- Since Fox owns the characters, they can do what ever they want with them... even chuck them out the window. So reboot appears over and over again .

Any other guesses and/or takes on this?

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; December 9th, 2012 at 6:11 pm.
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:03 am

Just saw FTF again recently . Loved the banter between M & S, and the writing and dialogue were better there.

Old April 18th, 2013, 5:01 am
Curse Breaker

Found the time last weekend to watch the 1st and 2nd episodes of season 1. Even though I never missed an episode over the years, I'd forgotten how good this series was from the very beginning. Mulder & Scully look soooo young......

Old April 18th, 2013, 10:05 am
MODLY CREW

Quote:
Found the time last weekend to watch the 1st and 2nd episodes of season 1. Even though I never missed an episode over the years, I'd forgotten how good this series was from the very beginning. Mulder & Scully look soooo young......
And Gillian Anderson lied about her age, I think, to get the role. So she in particular was very, very young.

Old April 19th, 2013, 12:26 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriath View Post
And Gillian Anderson lied about her age, I think, to get the role. So she in particular was very, very young.
I remember hearing/reading about that. She was practically a kid back then .

@ HedwigOwl: Yea, they we're both kids in a way, neon green ones .

Edit: just got my computer back from the computer people, so now I can begin the rewatch from where I left off .

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; April 20th, 2013 at 2:28 am.
Old April 20th, 2013, 7:27 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
I remember hearing/reading about that. She was practically a kid back then .
She was 25, Duchovny was 33.

Old April 20th, 2013, 10:22 pm

Quote:
She was 25, Duchovny was 33.
Still young , not a kid literally, but figuratively. At least compared to now. Boy does time fly when you're having fun .

Old May 26th, 2013, 12:00 am

IDW Comics is coming out with a new series of X-Files comics . They look good so far, they'll be in stores by June.

Hopefully you guys will check them out.

Link to some information about it

Disclaimer: from comicsalliance.com

One of the promos -- not a huge fan of it though -- Mulder kind of looks like a lounge lizard in it

Disclaimer: from media.ideaanddesignworks.com

link to one of the people who are involved Twitter feed

Disclaimer: from twitter.com; credit goes to Agent Skulder over on Haven for linking to it originally.

Old May 26th, 2013, 5:00 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
IDW Comics is coming out with a new series of X-Files comics . They look good so far, they'll be in stores by June.

Hopefully you guys will check them out.

Link to some information about it

Disclaimer: from comicsalliance.com

One of the promos -- not a huge fan of it though -- Mulder kind of looks like a lounge lizard in it

Disclaimer: from media.ideaanddesignworks.com

link to one of the people who are involved Twitter feed

Disclaimer: from twitter.com; credit goes to Agent Skulder over on Haven for linking to it originally.
OMG, they've totally ruined the clothes....if they think that's an improvement, I'd hate to see what the storyline is like.....

Old May 26th, 2013, 4:20 pm

Quote:
OMG, they've totally ruined the clothes....if they think that's an improvement, I'd hate to see what the storyline is like.....
I know -- but hold the sarcasm a little bit, this guy seems to have a better hold on things than Chris does (who is a himself a lot of times, imho).

Been reading some more on Haven about it, and it seems somewhat promising, bad clothing aside.

Posters there seem to have a good handle on it .

A way better photo of one of the covers -- evol CSM -- hopefully he'll only be there via flashbacks or something

Disclaimer: from twitter.com/FriendlyComics

Depending on the artists, some of it's not that good and some of it is almost spot on. So at the end of the day, I'm doing my best to reserve any judgement on the writing until I get ahold of the first issue (hopefully). If it sucks, then I won't bother getting any other issues.

But I will say this much: Joe Harris has a huge mountain to climb, and I wish him well in his endeavor. He's writing for it and NOT Chris Carter, who is only an executive producer this time.

A Tumblr with more of the covers:

here they are

Disclaimer: from joeharris.tumblr.com

The one that's shown first looks a lot more like M & S than the first one I linked to . A big improvement.

A nice interview of the writer and one of the illustrators:

it's a pretty good read

Disclaimer: from geekmom.com; credit goes to easyqueenie over on Haven, we got the chance there to be able to submit questions to her, so she could ask the writer and illustrators some of the submitted questions.

It answers quite a few questions about the plot and that sort of thing.

As long as it isn't soap opera like or overly melodramatic -- I'm cool .

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; May 26th, 2013 at 4:35 pm.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 5:23 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1
A nice interview of the writer and one of the illustrators:

it's a pretty good read

Disclaimer: from geekmom.com; credit goes to easyqueenie over on Haven, we got the chance there to be able to submit questions to her, so she could ask the writer and illustrators some of the submitted questions.

It answers quite a few questions about the plot and that sort of thing.

As long as it isn't soap opera like or overly melodramatic -- I'm cool .
Although I have to say, after reading the interview, the writer said they'd be bringing back the Lone Gunmen, even though they died during the original series (and appeared as ghosts during the final mythology episode, although that wasn't mentioned).

I'm not sure that type of approach would interest me; if they aren't going to stay true to the original story arc, I don't have much faith in what they'd do to the mythology continuation. Chris Carter is only in an advisory role...maybe he's doing that to push interest in the 3rd movie. Gillian Anderson has been quoted as late as May 20th that she thinks Carter is working on a script for the 3rd movie which would go back to the original intent (mythology) and center on the alien invasion. Hope that happens. I can't believe Fox would miss the opportunity to come out with a movie with final closure, an apocolypse-type story which has been very popular as a theme the last couple years. They had to know the 2nd movie was a setup between the TV final and the last movie in the triology and wouldn't make as much money. If not, they're really stupid. Let's hope they see the potential profit a final film would produce. People want to know the end of the story....

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television