Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

The Legend of Zelda

Old September 18th, 2008, 10:20 am
Jessica and lanifiel's Lackey

Re: The Legend of Zelda

I think you'd really enjoy Phantom Hourglass if you've played and liked Wind Waker. It's sort of a continuation of it. I absolutely loved it.

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:54 pm
First Year

I would have to say that Ocarina of Time was my favorite Zelda game. I haven't been able to play every single Zelda game but of the ones I played this is my favorite. I am currently playing Twilight Princess but it as of yet, hasn't taken over the top spot.

Old December 7th, 2008, 1:54 am
Qvack...

Phantom Hourglass was awesome! I was in love with it after five minutes and even though it was a whole new way of playing, that was a welcome change and a nice idea.

But it wouldn't be my favourite. I actually loved a Link to the Past, but other than that I would go Twilight Princess, which was just lavishly brilliant imo. I've played pretty much every Zelda game there is, and I just think that TP was excellent- but that's also based on graphics, colours, storyline...

And I loved Season and Oracle of Ages too!

THE DUCK.

Old December 11th, 2008, 1:11 pm
Lycanthrope

Yeah, I think all of the games have good aspects. I am still partial to OOT and actually I like MM also a lot - although I think that might be associated with the soundtrack. But OOT had the action and just very well put together, well the master quest mostly. TP was awesome graphics, I agree. A bit too easy, but the graphics helped make up for the ease of puzzles. I truly hope they don't go 'easier' as they indicated they would - or if they do, I hope they at least allow for level adjustment.

Old December 11th, 2008, 9:33 pm

I know what you mean about the music of Majora's Mask - my favorite Zelda song, the Song of Healing, is on that one. While I think that OoT is indeed my favorite Zelda game (at least for now ), MM presented me with a bit of a challenge the first time I played it. The water temple about drove me nuts.

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Old December 12th, 2008, 2:39 am
Qvack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwickedboy View Post
Yeah, I think all of the games have good aspects. I am still partial to OOT and actually I like MM also a lot - although I think that might be associated with the soundtrack. But OOT had the action and just very well put together, well the master quest mostly. TP was awesome graphics, I agree. A bit too easy, but the graphics helped make up for the ease of puzzles. I truly hope they don't go 'easier' as they indicated they would - or if they do, I hope they at least allow for level adjustment.
I love the music from them all, for a start. I just never got over it, it's all so pretty! !

And as for easier.. Easier?! oh dear.. I remember playing Minish Cap on Game Boy and finishing it in about four hours.. TP took longer, but it was in no way difficult. I remember the good old days of spending days trying to find that last elusive piece of heart! Easier is not welcome, in my books! When I think of how hard the original game was, compared to what we have today, I can barely comprehend the huge difference between then and now. The games are simply more accessible than ever, in my opinion. Easying them even more would serve none of the older fans who grew up with Link in their jeans pocket.

THE DUCK.

Old December 16th, 2008, 2:32 am

Minish Cap was fairly easy, but I spent aaaages finding people to fuse with. I fused every single possible fusion, though I didn't fuse with every possible person. I never got to fuse with Epona.

Old December 26th, 2008, 3:33 am
Qvack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicant View Post
Minish Cap was fairly easy, but I spent aaaages finding people to fuse with. I fused every single possible fusion, though I didn't fuse with every possible person. I never got to fuse with Epona.
, you put lots of work in! The fusing was quite fun, to be honest. Nice addition. I loved the way being small made such a difference. It sort of made a new way of thinking about the Zelda games- it would be nice to revisit it as a thought train in future games.

Speaking of which, it has been confirmed that a new game is in the running for late 2009 (ETA by Nintendo Magazine). No details as of yet, but they seem excited! I believe it's for Wii.

THE DUCK.

Old December 26th, 2008, 2:30 pm
Dr Mrs The Monarch

that's great news!

*does happy dance*

Old December 26th, 2008, 5:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiricduck View Post
, you put lots of work in! The fusing was quite fun, to be honest. Nice addition. I loved the way being small made such a difference. It sort of made a new way of thinking about the Zelda games- it would be nice to revisit it as a thought train in future games.

Speaking of which, it has been confirmed that a new game is in the running for late 2009 (ETA by Nintendo Magazine). No details as of yet, but they seem excited! I believe it's for Wii.
Oh, JOY! Oh, BLISS! I NEED SOME MORE ZELDA!!!

Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:13 pm
Lycanthrope

I just hope it has "level difficult" . But good news. After this year's Gears of War, Fallout 3 and GTA, and Res Evil 5 I've yet to play - well - I won't enjoy skipping around solving easy puzzles in Zelda. That was always the attraction. The graphics in TP were great, but that isn't going to do it if they dumb it down even more.

The water temple was cool - I didn't have any problem with it for some reason, but I know lots of people have said it was the most difficult temple in the game. I didn't find it so. Actually, I didn't really find any one more difficult than the other - but what I HATED was Jaba's belly and carrying around the Zora Princess - that was the most tedious gaming I have ever participated in . Thankfully in the master quest they changed it and you could dump her a lot more often, I actually enjoyed the belly in the master quest.

Old January 4th, 2009, 1:04 am

Water temples are the bane of my existence. I mean this - every time Zelda has a water temple, I have trouble. I don't understand it. In LoZ:OoT, in MM, in TP...any water temple I come across leaves me frustrated and angry and ready to hurt my TV and gaming system.

Surprisingly, I never had a problem with LoZ:WW or with its extension on the DS, PH. Figures that water temples get me but the games mostly on water are easy peasy.

I'm all about the side-quests. As long as there are a couple hard ones, I'll be fine.

Old April 6th, 2009, 6:09 pm
Third Year

Phantom Hourglass is amazing. I'm in love with it! It's the first Zelda game I've played, I really want one for GBA or GBC to see what they used to be like lol.

Old April 27th, 2009, 2:33 pm
Rocket Scientist

I would have to say my favorite thus far is ocarina of time (although i never quite finished i came very close) It was quite challenging and a lot of banging your head into the wall, but fun too, and i really enjoyed the story behind it.

I picked up twilight princess for the wii and started playing it this weekend and am enjoying that as well, although im not very far in yet, i am enjoying some of the subtle overlap in story from the ocarina of time. I do enjoy being able to swing the controller like a sword its fun

and of course you cant beat the original, although a bit outdated still lots of fun, and amusing that it seemed so difficult when it first came out but now can be beaten in several hours.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old May 28th, 2009, 2:18 pm
Lycanthrope

Quote:
Water temples are the bane of my existence. I mean this - every time Zelda has a water temple, I have trouble. I don't understand it. In LoZ:OoT, in MM, in TP...any water temple I come across leaves me frustrated and angry and ready to hurt my TV and gaming system. .
Maybe because they are always tedious with changing levels and changing water flow direction? A lot of people have voiced that complaint. I don't mind retracing my steps to facilitate the changes, maybe that is why they don't bother me. Admittedly the one in Majora's may have made me change my mind because it took me a while to figure out the flow changes and I took forever finding a couple of the fairies, so I went in to fight Gyorg the Boss with the final timer on screen - that was crazy because I was tempted to watch the clock the whole time instead of trying to defeat him. But I got lucky and was able to do so and save time before time ran out. I had even inverted time, but it was like watching the sand running out of a sandglass the whole way. Ended up having to re-hunt the fairies in the end because I didn't have time to take them to the cave. .

Old May 28th, 2009, 2:46 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Water temples are the bane of my existence. I mean this - every time Zelda has a water temple, I have trouble. I don't understand it. In LoZ:OoT, in MM, in TP...any water temple I come across leaves me frustrated and angry and ready to hurt my TV and gaming system.
I would agree with this... followed closely behind by fire temples, if theres a lava pit for me to fall in Im sure i will, atleast a billion and one times.

Im up to the water temple in twilight princess im kinda cringing at the thought of proceeding.... maybe ill try some of the other fun things in the game for a little while before proceeding.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old May 28th, 2009, 7:20 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalFukar View Post
I would have to say that Ocarina of Time was my favorite Zelda game. I haven't been able to play every single Zelda game but of the ones I played this is my favorite. I am currently playing Twilight Princess but it as of yet, hasn't taken over the top spot.
Same. OoT is not only my favorite Zelda game, but my favorite game of ALL TIME. It was the first game to really get me into gaming at the age of 9, and I'll never forget it's influence on me.

Majora's mask was just as good, but something about it makes me think almost negatively of it in retrospect. Wind Waker was an absolute sleeper hit to me; I was sure Nintendo screwed up their Zelda formula (which worked well) by throwing in the cell shading and what not. But I was wayyyy wrong. The size of the game, the gameplay, the quests, the characters, etc. It all rocked.

And with that, I'm sad to say Twilight Princess was just awful. They took what I loved dearly about OoT and tore it to pieces. I loathed it after the first 10 hours or so, and ultimately sold it along with my Wii. Phantom Hourglass fared the same sadly.

Nintendo is reaching more to their "casual" fans now, while leaving us hardcore in the dust. Sigh.

Last edited by sKin; May 29th, 2009 at 3:25 am.
Old May 28th, 2009, 8:52 pm

Quote:
Ended up having to re-hunt the fairies in the end because I didn't have time to take them to the cave. .
I had to do this twice for the Snowhead Temple because I couldn't find where to take the fairies. *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
Im up to the water temple in twilight princess im kinda cringing at the thought of proceeding.... maybe ill try some of the other fun things in the game for a little while before proceeding.
I did anything and everything I possibly could to put that one off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKin View Post
And with that, I'm sad to say Twilight Princess was just awful. They took what I loved dearly about OoT and tore it to pieces. I loathed it after the first 10 hours or so, and ultimately sold it along with my Wii. Phantom Hourglass fared the same sadly.

Nintendo is reaching more to their "casual" fans now, while leaving us hardcore in the dust. Sigh.
I'm sorry to hear that. I absolutely loved TP and Phantom Hourglass. So many fun side-quests to do. (I'm always all about the side-quests; if a game doesn't really have them then I get bored fast.)

Old May 29th, 2009, 4:02 pm
Lycanthrope

Quote:
I had to do this twice for the Snowhead Temple because I couldn't find where to take the fairies. *facepalm*
. After woodlfall I always searched for the fountains before doing the temples as it took a while to find that one - I thought it would be connected to the temple. But yeah, that search always took a while for all of them even without the stress of time it was exasperating at times.

The worst was the Anju deal you had to do several times - if you messed up getting the sun mask out of Sakon's hideout, you had to do it every time. I think I did it 3 times, that was tedious.

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that. I absolutely loved TP and Phantom Hourglass. So many fun side-quests to do. (I'm always all about the side-quests; if a game doesn't really have them then I get bored fast.)
TP was too easy, but I am a graphics nut and that saved the game for me in the end. The graphics were great for a Zelda game. But the replay factor is lowest because I think it was too simple. They should have put difficulty levels on that one - then it would have jammed overall. But my lasting impression of it is good because it was very well designed. It reminded me of the end of Metroid Prime II, if you've ever played that. That had some tricky bits, but at the end it became all about grahpics and was way too simple - but graphics saved the game in the end too - at least for me.

Old May 29th, 2009, 8:51 pm

Did anyone here ever give Link's Crossbow Training a go? I know technically it isn't a Zelda game, but I had a lot of fun with it.

Quote:
The worst was the Anju deal you had to do several times - if you messed up getting the sun mask out of Sakon's hideout, you had to do it every time. I think I did it 3 times, that was tedious.
I'm lucky in that I've always gotten that on the first try. My only problem was missing the exact time, but that's so easy to fix with the teleporting thing and fast-forwarding time.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games