Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Harry Potter Theme Park v.2

Old July 25th, 2011, 9:39 pm
Third Year

Re: Harry Potter Theme Park v.2

I wish they built on here in Universal Studios Hollywood....

{Magnolia class 0f 2010}
Ron & Hermione Forever
Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2011, 10:21 pm
First Year

I visited the WW in May, and I loved it. I wish I could've had more time there, as we only had about half a day to spend there. We pretty much saw everything, but I still wanted to just walk around more and see all the tiny details. I missed going into the Hog's Head, too, I wish we'd done that, and I wanted more time to explore the castle, as we walked through it fairly quickly. No lines when we were there! There was a long line for Ollivanders though. And by noon, the shops were quite packed with people. But early morning was nice and uncrowded. I loved Zonkos and Honeydukes! I loooooved the frozen butterbeer and the pumpkin juice and pumpkin fizz, mmmm. I still crave them. The food at Three Broomsticks was very good. I loved all the shop windows and there was plenty of cool merchandise. I got a purple pygmy puff, I was glad to see they had purple ones!

It would be really great if they could add WW to Universal Hollywood, since I now live in southern CA! I would visit a lot! I loved how you really felt like you were in a street in Hogsmeade (other than the FL heat!).

Old August 9th, 2011, 10:23 pm
First Year

My husband graduates from college next May. As his present we are going to the Harry Potter theme park and also Universal Studios. I know we will probably go more than once to the WWoHP while there. Gotta go at night and get that Hogwarts feeling. =) So we are currently saving for that, hotel fare, plane tickets, etc. I'd really like to get a better camera before we go, preferably one that takes awesome pix at night.
Reading about many of ya'lls trips to Orlando has got me so excited, I'm bouncing off the walls. =)

Old August 10th, 2011, 1:34 am
First Year

I can't wait to go back after the expansion. I'm already excited about it and nothing's even finalized yet! gah!

Old August 10th, 2011, 2:02 am
Second Year

I am thinking I will get my first chance this coming spring! I am really excited to go (taking, of course, my 5 year old cousin) to get to experience the books and perhaps introduce, early, a young mind to Harry Potter!

Banner by: Dark_Disciple
Old August 10th, 2011, 2:13 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallowAccio View Post
I can't wait to go back after the expansion. I'm already excited about it and nothing's even finalized yet! gah!
The excitement on this thread is contagious isn't it? I will have to save to go back after the expansion is done.

Wait, is an expansion in the works or has it all just been speculation and rumors thus far?

But for now I will be opening a savings account within the next few weeks, strictly for this vacation next year. Eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk....so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Old August 10th, 2011, 2:34 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMuggle View Post
The excitement on this thread is contagious isn't it? I will have to save to go back after the expansion is done.

Wait, is an expansion in the works or has it all just been speculation and rumors thus far?

But for now I will be opening a savings account within the next few weeks, strictly for this vacation next year. Eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk....so excited!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm with ya on that one!

Old August 10th, 2011, 2:34 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
Pretty big news from Universal Orlando!

If you are planning on going sometime in November or have already booked. You might want to tweak your plans and go during the weekend of November 11th.

they are selling vacation packages that include:

4-Night stay at Universal partner hotel

Autograph session with cast members

Q&A session with cast members

Q&A session with the Film makers and creators of the Wizarding World Park

Screenings of ALL 8 Harry Potter films

The weekend ends with private gala with food, beverages, live entertainment, and CAST MEMBER APPEARANCES.

Here's the link.

whoa!! i wonder if Alan Rickman is going to be there

I wish i could go then! but I'm in Australia. I'm saving up! and I still have to get my passport which takes 2 months to get I wish it was cheaper!
but i'm looking at $4000 just for airfairs.

Pottermore Beta Tester!

Name: UnicornQuill
House: Slytherin
Wand: Laurel Wood with Unicorn Core 12 1/4 inches... Surprisingly Swishy
Old August 11th, 2011, 6:41 am
First Year

I went for my Birthday on June 29th, And was on the verge of tears!
It truly felt like walking into the books/movies. It was, By far, My favorite birthday.

Words cannot describe. I waited inline for 2 hours just to get my wand, Yet I was more than happy too, That is how good of a day it was! lol. I cannot wait to go back next year.

Old August 11th, 2011, 6:49 am
Fifth Year

I so wish to go. Its on the other side of the country from me! I dont know when ill be able to go see this place!

Pottermore: PatronusBat
Please do not add me on Pottermore without owling me first! Or else my wand will speak for me!
Old August 11th, 2011, 6:52 am
Second Year

I went for my Mardi Gras holiday last year and while it was fun, I was obnoxiously crowded. We went to the park on a weekday, during a holiday week that happens only for Louisiana, and got there as soon as the park opened. There was still a two hour wait for almost everything. It was very awesome though, and I had tons of fun. I'm excited for the expansion because the park was just too small for the amount of traffic it got.

Pottermore: ShadowMagic
And because everyone loves a bit of Disney blog magic: Just a Spoonful of Sugar
Old August 11th, 2011, 9:20 am
First Year

I really want to go but I kind of want to wait a while.

I live in CA and my family does not have a lot of money so if I'm going to make a trip across the country I want to have the best time possible and I'd hate to get back home and a week later they announce 5 more rides and 3 more shops are going to be built!

It'd be ideal if they would build a park here in SoCal.

"It is important to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting,
for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated."

Pottermore: OakPhoenix68

Old August 11th, 2011, 9:16 pm
First Year

Wizarding World of Harry Potter celebration in November questions

Hi. How many premiere tickets to this celebration were available? I haven't been able to find this anywhere. Also I was wondering if anyone has any tips or anything to navigating the park during this time? Any tips and etc. would be awesome!

Old August 14th, 2011, 6:18 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriele87 View Post
In an expansion of the park, I would love to have a Gringotts cart ride. It would be perfect in terms of thrills and speed. I'm just not sure what the story line would be since you wouldn't be able to get out of the cart.
Yes! An indoor roller coaster based on Gringotts...it's a no-brainer! I hope that this actually happens. They'll have to come up with another ride though that isn't a coaster/thrill ride, however. Small kids and people who simply don't like those types of rides need something to ride as well. Me, I'll ride anything.

Incidentally, has anyone heard anything about an expansion? We were speaking to one of the workers at the park and they seemed to think that it was in the offing sometime soon, but who knows how accurate that is.

:::: Now I want to go back!

Old August 14th, 2011, 6:54 am
Second Year

I really, really hope that the park maintains it's appeal. I live in Australia and have a 2yo so it will be a huge trip if I ever make it over - especially as I have never been overseas before so I would like to experience a few other parts of the US while I am there. At this stage it will be in another 3-4 years before I could even look at going, by the time I save enough money and for my daughter to be old enough to enjoy it (and so I can get the most out of it as well.) So I hope that the park doesn't lose it's appeal in that time - especially now that all the films have been released and a lot of people will move on to other passions/series (which will never happen to me lol)

Old August 14th, 2011, 7:14 am
First Year

Orlando is on the opposite side of the country from me and I'm just a broke college student so who knows when I'll have the money to afford a trip to this place.
I get excited just thinking about it, though. I want to try pumpkin juice! and Butterbeer!
I'm hope they don't close it down anytime soon.

"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default."-JK

LightEcho189
Redoak, dragon core, 11 1/2 inch, quite flexible
Old August 14th, 2011, 9:13 am
Banned

I am hoping desperately that in October it wont be too hot and that it wont be that crowded, but who knows. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Old August 14th, 2011, 12:29 pm
First Year

I wish they had've built the park in britain to keep HP strictly british as it has been from the beginning.

But, if they had built it in Britain, i don't think it would have been half as good as it is in America. I haven't been to it (yet!) but i would give my right arm to go! lol

I think it's best left to the good American people to make sure the park is as extravegant as it should be. If it was left to us Brits I don't think it would turn out as well, to be honest. Plus, there's better weather in Florida

Ron: "My wand! Look at my wand!"
Harry: "Be thankful it's not your neck."
Old August 14th, 2011, 1:55 pm
First Year

Well I live in Europe so the chances of me being able to go there anytime soon = 0.

By me ^
Pottermore: MirrorPixie165
You put me in
But Pottermore says I belong in !
Old August 22nd, 2011, 9:49 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverDoe_ View Post
Well I live in Europe so the chances of me being able to go there anytime soon = 0.
Same here.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies