Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Legilimency Studies

The Snape Triumvirate: Snape the Hero V4

Old July 12th, 2007, 6:08 am
Seventh Year

Re: The Snape Triumvirate: Snape the Hero V4

I just downloaded the irma Pince=Eileen Prince thread, If it comes true- I have the back up for it all. But I'm not holding my breath. *sigh*

Old July 12th, 2007, 6:12 am
Seventh Year

I'm wondering if there will be an "eat crow thread".... For all those who post everywhere but here.............

EVER HAVE ONE OF THOSE DAY'S?
Old July 12th, 2007, 6:21 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bscorp View Post
I just downloaded the irma Pince=Eileen Prince thread, If it comes true- I have the back up for it all. But I'm not holding my breath. *sigh*

Bravo, Bravo, Bscorp! I love the Irma Pince thread, and I hope lots of things come true about her! Even before I met you, and read all your insightful posts about Irma, she was my "Tinfoil Hat" theory in the contest on the other forum. So you are not alone.

Irma Pince Rocks!

Once again - here is the link to the Harry Potter Network:

The Harry Potter Network

Home of Snape's Army, but we talk about everything else too.

"It may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair."
~ Severus Snape, OotP movie

Severus Snape ~ Bloomsbury Books Favorite HP Character

Severmore ~ NEW Harry Potter Network ~ LJ Dungeon
Old July 12th, 2007, 6:24 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredRocksMySocks View Post
Maybe I missed it, but where in SS did Snape reveal he knew about the horcruxes? I always assumed that DD came to that conclusion via his analysis of LV's un-human-looking appearance and perhaps even the lack of a body Godric's Hollow, and confirmed it in CS with the diary....
For me it was Voldy trying to get the Philosopher's Stone. Why else would he want it, but to become as close to immortal as one can get. Even Harry asks DD this. I don't think it's a big leap to figure out what else could make one immortal. I just assume that both DD and Snape are well informed about the magical world. You know what they say about assuming. Of course I belong to the Admiting I could be wrong club.

WOMBAT 3-- I got an E!! Woohoo!!!
Old July 12th, 2007, 6:28 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco1965 View Post
I'm wondering if there will be an "eat crow thread".... For all those who post everywhere but here.............
HEHEH hmmmm.....

Old July 12th, 2007, 6:28 am
Queen of Apathy

Just popping in to say thanks for all the great reads on here. To all my friends to everyone here. It has been great reading such brilliant theories. I am very anxious to finally have the truth on Snape. One thing I know for sure is that his role in this series is important as is his connection to Harry and I can't wait! See you all on the other side!

Old July 12th, 2007, 6:37 am
Assistant to Minister Granger

Hey, we've got another day, haven't we? A last word on Snape before we say goodbye?

MIne is that I have always felt that he was meant to be one of the good guys in the end. I have never doubted it. Needless to say, he's the finest character of the series, and obviously tremendously important to the central plot. Hence the mysteriousness. I'm pretty confident I'll be right

Are these threads going to be in History of Magic Reference Books when the forums re-open?

Old July 12th, 2007, 6:43 am
Third Year

They will need to be renamed wouldn't they. This tread should be called: All the reasons why I knew Snape was innocent.

And those other ones: How wrong was I?

:smile:

DO YOU JUST LOVE LUPIN AND TONKS?
DO YOU THINK THAT THEY WILL BREAK UP?
ARE YOU A SNAPE FAN?

IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO THESE QUESTIONS, CHANCES ARE YOU WILL LOVE MY FAN FICTION CALLED THE BOARDING HOUSE.

READ IT HERE.
Old July 12th, 2007, 6:45 am
Seventh Year

My last word on Snape is that he's a Momma's boy and I don't mean that derisively but with all the powerful and positive connotations of "The Mother" in the books. I am not referring to Irma Pince theory but to Snape's character in general- I've always had a feeling that his motivations have something to do with his own Mother whether she's dead or alive. This idea was alluded to with certainty in HBP. He took his Mother's name and he left Hogwarts in his final hour of "shame" while reclaiming -coming out if you will- with his Mother's name PRINCE again. This. meant. something. I think we will find out more in Deathly Hallows and that will be the final thread that pulls he and harry together for the common goal.

Last edited by Bscorp; July 12th, 2007 at 6:47 am.
Old July 12th, 2007, 7:30 am
Sixth Year

Wow.... I just looked at my number of posts....I'm pretty sure the majority have been one or other of the many Snape thread. Getting kind of nostalgic right now.
It's been great, guys and I know when we get back, we'll all have an opinion to post . I hope we'll be smiling.
See ya on the other side.

Old July 12th, 2007, 8:14 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

Bye, Lorna! We'll have alot to talk about on the other side, for sure!

I almost forgot. . .

Let's congratulate AlwaysMe! She was interviewed by the Palm Beach Post today for her theory about Snape and Lily and their role in Deathly Hallows!

The story and picture will be out on July 21st, so check that out. We will have the scan of the picture posted on the Harry Potter Network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver ink pot View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignisia
Good parallels between Snape and other characters, SIP. One more I want to point out between Snape and Molly is this:

Quote: OotP
“He’s not your son,’ said Sirius quietly.
‘He’s as good as’, said Mrs Weasley fiercely. ‘Who else has he got?’
‘He’s got me!’
‘Yes,’ said Mrs Weasley, her lip curling, ‘the thing is, it’s been rather difficult for you to look after him while you’ve been locked you’ve been locked up in Azkaban , hasn’t it?’

Quote: HBP
"He'd have me!" said Bellatrix passionately. "I, who spent many years in Azkaban for him!"
"Yes, indeed, most admirable," said Snape in a bored voice. "Of course, you weren't a lot of use to him in prison, but the gesture was undoubtedly fine --"

The wording is eerily similar, and Molly's lip even curls in a characteristically Snapey expression.
Thank you Iggy! That is obvious, isn't it? And I didn't even have that example when I wrote my essay in The Plot Thickens! I just wrote about Molly's Lip Curl in OotP when she is talking to Sirius. But with that example from Spinner's End, I can rest my case! Maybe JKR wrote that just for me - what do you think?
Iggy: I know you are travelling and may not see the movie for several more days, but I just have to write one more post about Snape and Molly.

From the OotP movie: It's not really a spoiler, since the dialogue of Molly, Sirius, and Snape is really close to the book. But in OotP, when the kids are listening with the extendable ears, they hear Sirius and Molly through the kitchen door fussing about "Who has Harry got?" and Molly says, "He's got me," and then Sirius says, "I'm his godfather," and then we hear Snape making a snarky remark about being locked in Azkaban all those years.

Anyway, the script gives Snape the line that Molly says in the book. They just rolled all the scenes up into one, with Snape and Molly both fighting with Sirius in the kitchen. I love that!

Cannot see the lip curl, though, drat the luck!

Bye all! I think I'm done for now - let's all meet back here for more happy times after Deathly Hallows!

And here's wishing Snape a long and happier life.

~~~Floating Signature

The Harry Potter Network

We talk about Snape, and everything else. Home of Snape's Army.

"It may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair."
~ Severus Snape, OotP movie

Severus Snape ~ Bloomsbury Books Favorite HP Character

Severmore ~ NEW Harry Potter Network ~ LJ Dungeon
Old July 12th, 2007, 8:21 am
Fifth Year

I believe I have made a substantial amount of posts in all 4 threads...one of my favorite threads ever, on any forum...

I bid you goodbye, all loyal Snape trustees. See you on the 24th when we can gloat about being right for two years! Watching the OOTP movie tonight made me even more certain Snape was on the good side, it also gave a lot of Snape/Lily hints.

I will hope for the next nine days that Voldemort makes it relatively painless when he kills dear old Severus. I am as certain my absolute favorite character will die at the hands of his old master as I am that he is loyal to the Order. One thing will be certain if Voldemort finds out Severus' true loyalties...Snape will not go down without a fight, I believe. If Snape duelled Voldemort (like James) in the end, it would instantly become my alltime favorite scene in the series. (Can't leave without getting in some last minute speculation... )

But please, please, Dark Lord, take it easy on the Crucio's....old Severus has been through enough pain in his life....

Old July 12th, 2007, 9:04 am
Master Seer

In the new movie, Snape does get relatively much screentime and dialogue (compared to GoF, or PoA). At first I thought, well, they're setting up HBP, but then again - Draco, who's got a really big part in the book, too, only has a single line in OotP. So why give Snape Molly's lines, for example (and thanks to this thread drawing the comparison between the two, I actually noticed at once). There are other things that might be considered spoilers... Just in case -
Spoiler: show
how he appears in Harry's Occlumency induced visions - Harry sees himself with his parents in the mirror of erised, and suddenly Snape is standing there, too. I was close to applauding in the middle of the cinema.

So, in the spirit of the posters before me - I'll really be missing you. Being away from the forums for two weeks is one thing, but now - where I'm so excited and anxious and... You really got my nerves going, HeroSnape! fans.

And I got one more good thing to say - I managed to last-minute persuade a VillainSnape! aficionado among my friends this week. (I stole all your arguments, and he crumbled. Literally, crumbled - I was so proud )

Old August 7th, 2007, 2:00 am
Banned

Here's a thought...

Does anyone else get the feeling that whenever Snape put Harry into a situation where Harry would be forced to think fast and problem solve on his feet--for example, in CoS, HP vs. Malfoy; or in HBP, when Snape almost jinxed Harry--Snape's really testing Harry?

Old August 10th, 2007, 9:26 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis_Black View Post
Here's a thought...

Does anyone else get the feeling that whenever Snape put Harry into a situation where Harry would be forced to think fast and problem solve on his feet--for example, in CoS, HP vs. Malfoy; or in HBP, when Snape almost jinxed Harry--Snape's really testing Harry?
I wouldn't shove that in the corner by deeming it an impossibility. I have no doubt that even though it seemed to be the "teacher taunts student he doesn't like" scenario, there was stronger meaning behind it. Snape knew of the possibility of the time presenting itself when Harry would be on his own, and no one would be there to protect him. And the funny thing is, you notice how Expelliarmus was the only thing that Harry knew during Dueling Voldemort in GOF? Furthermore, you realize that it was taught to him by Snape in COS? Lupin did good, but he only taught Harry how to defend himself against demetors, not other wizards who were trying to kill him. The only 2 teachers who taught Harry actually how to defend himself against other wizards were Snape and Crouch Jr ("Moody").

I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn't like this. Is it a dream or a memory?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Legilimency Studies