Re: What do most girls play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius_lee_G View Post
i used to love gamboys!

i lovee vid games

and i loveeeeeeeEEEE Wii and my PSP
Snap! Except I don't have a PSP...

And I still love Gameboys

When you 'bless my cotton socks,' please don't bless my cotton socks.

I wear Gold - Plated, diamond encrusted ones!

So indeed, it should be....'Bless your gold - plated, diamond encrusted socks'.

Toodles.

Proud member of GSWIA! (Guys Sound Wow with an Irish Accent!)
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2008, 10:47 am
Too MAGENTA for a UT

I like simulation games and role-playing. I can't stand shoot-em-up games.

the tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting.

Old November 19th, 2008, 9:53 pm
Fifth Year

I seem to like a wide variety of games, that are nevertheless very unvaried. I too loved Theme Hospital when I was younger, and like an earlier poster, Bloaty Head Disease was my fav too!

Others:

The Sims (the first one)--I was, quite frankly, ADDICTED to this game! But as soon as Sims 2 came out, bam, it came off my hard drive faster than you could say 'hard drive'. The thought of being able to create family trees was extremely appealing!

The Sims 2--I used to have this game, plus three expansions (Bon Voyage; Seasons and University), but lately I'd gotten bored and sick of it. Fortunately I had a friend who was more than rapt to have my Sims 2 game (I somehow lost Bon Voyage in the garbage. Boy am I worse than Neville at times! ) and two of the expansions I had. Incidentally, the friend was a boy.

Let's see...ah, Civilization, one of THE most addictive games ever. My father has a whole plethora of the Civ games, and I reckon it's really awesome to turn through the years while trying to hold off enemy invaders (ugh, I hate Catherine the Great in that game--she's one mean [female dog]!)
I quite like playing the Civ games every now and again, but there's only so many times you can turn through the years without getting bored.

Pharaoh (Impressions Games)--I like my little ickle Ancient Egyptians! I like to take breaks between missions though, as they can take quite a while to complete. I 'specially like Osiris--he always gives me handsome, lovely floodings.

Some Ancient Greek strategy game I can't remember the name of (it had something to do with mythology anyhow), and I always got trodden on by that Cyclops guy somewhere along the rode.

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault: I found this to be a good game, even though I couldn't help feeling sorry for the Japanese (except at the Pearl Harbor level ), despite the fact that your character (Thomas (Tommy) Conlin) probably feels far from sympathetic toward the Japanese soldiers. If they had an expansion come out that included the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings, I promise you that I'd never be able to bring myself to play it. I wouldn't be able to bear thinking about the innocent civilian lives taken by those two bombings. Great, now I've made myself all sad!
Otherwise, this game has low repeatability, but if enough months have elapsed, I might redo a mission or something.

P.S. That was not an invitation to start a discussion/argument on the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombings, so don't even think about it. There's probably a thread about it already somewhere.

Call of Duty: Blame my dad for getting me into this series, even though I usually shy away from "shoot-em-ups" (to take a phrase from Mad_Druid above me), and only go for either Call of Duty or Medal of Honor. I played the three available on PC, and I found the Modern one refreshing as WW2 has been done to death. If one came out set in WW1, I'll be more than happy for my character to sit in a trench whilst I go and make dinner. They didn't often go Over The Top, apparently, and not much action really went on anywhere, whether at the Somme or Gallipoli.

Getting back to this, Call of Duty, I find can be quite immersive when I close the curtains (I don't like people watching me through the windows when I play war games. Pharaoh fine. Wars, no.), and at times can impact you in a good way.

Then let my heart be hardened,
And never mind how high the cost may grow,
This will still be so:
I WILL NEVER LET YOUR PEOPLE GO.

Old November 20th, 2008, 1:28 am
Jessica and lanifiel's Lackey

I play a lot of Zelda, a lot of Final Fantasy games (I can only think of a few out that I haven't played), and some of the Mario and Donkey Kong racing games.

The first games I can remember playing were Super Mario and Megaman 2 when I was little. I was awesome at Megaman 2, but can't seem to get it back. But I did know like, all the cheats in Super Mario and had it nearly beat before I was 10.
I've tried playing things like Halo, but I get frustrated easily and am horrible at them.
I once beat Street Fighter II on a 14-hour plane flight.

I suppose I like a lot of games, really. I have and play on a Wii, Nintendo DS lite, Playstation 2, and a PSP, as well as using the Gameboy games slot on my DS.

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Old November 20th, 2008, 1:47 am
Second Year

I love games like Zelda, Mario games, especially MarioKart. Super Mario Galaxy, Kingdom Hearts, adventure battle games, puzzle games. And I love relaxed games like Animal Crossing. OH OH! And Tetris.

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart. Their daring, nerve and chivalry set Gryffindors apart.
Old November 20th, 2008, 6:29 am
Registered Animagus

I am very very bad at video games although I am a master at guitar hero The only games I can play are Super Smash Bros, Mario Party etc... ie. things that require no talent

Old November 24th, 2008, 2:30 am
First Year

My favorite game of all time would have to be BioShock. It is the most amazing game that has ever been created. Also, I love Assassin's Creed, Fable II, Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, and Grand Theft Auto IV for the Xbox 360.

On the GameCube, I love to play Zelda games, like Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. Also, I really love Mario Kart Double Dash, but I love all Mario Kart games.

And lastly, I love playing Civilization on the computer. It's such an awesome and addicting game. You can literally play for hours and have no idea how much time has passed.

Old November 26th, 2008, 10:01 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsgirljen View Post
And lastly, I love playing Civilization on the computer. It's such an awesome and addicting game. You can literally play for hours and have no idea how much time has passed.
AH, yes! I can't tell you how many times I've started at one in the afternoon on that game, and played only to look at the clock later to find it's already four in the afternoon!

Then let my heart be hardened,
And never mind how high the cost may grow,
This will still be so:
I WILL NEVER LET YOUR PEOPLE GO.

Old December 7th, 2008, 1:52 am
Qvack...

I think I'm pretty well rounded in terms of games... And being neither a tomboy nor a girlie girl, a list might help explain this.

I play Final Fantasy, Resident Evil (my favourites!!), Mario (except Party), Animal Crossing, Legend of Zelda, Tekken, Timesplitters was a favourite for a time, Metal Gear Solid, GTA, Tom Raider..

There are actually loads more, but those are the list of favourites!

THE DUCK.

Old January 24th, 2009, 2:18 am
Second Year

I play Mario Kart Wii and Super Mario Galaxy, something about that sexy Mario...

I think you're cool, and I'd like to be your friend
Old February 5th, 2009, 5:40 pm
Third Year

I like Halo and playing my DS.

I wish i could be in the DA.
Proud supporter of Dobby, Enemy of Bellatrix

~92% of teens moved on to rap music. If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig.~
Old March 3rd, 2009, 4:57 pm
Third Year

I'm mainly a Beat'em Up and Fighter Games Gal!! I love Tekken, Dynasty Warriors and Soul Calibur and such.
Also like RPGs and Strategy games.

Old March 3rd, 2009, 7:46 pm
Fourth Year

I bought a pink Nintendo DS last year (I figured if my BF was going to be playing on his PSP then i would bring along my own game).

I have Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Clubhouse Games (which i only play Solitaire - even though it has about 40 other games on it), and Pokemon Diamond. I'm looking into getting Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars when it comes out.

"Fell out of bed, butterfly bandage, but don't worry
You'll never remember, your head is far too blurry
Put him in the back of a squad car, restrain that man
He needs his head put through a cat scan
Hey editor, I'm undeniable, hey doctor, I'm certifiable"
Old March 17th, 2009, 10:36 am
First Year

I play fable 2.

I'm a girl

Old March 19th, 2009, 4:46 pm
Second Year

Uhhh... Wow, honestly, I've gotten a lot of my taste in computer and video games from my older brother. He's moved on now, but he played a lot of Pokemon and Age of Empires and stuff like that. And, my brother and I are also old-fashioned enough to still own a Gamecube from Nintendo . So, we still play Pokemon Collosseum every once and a while. And, we both used to have Nintendo DS...es, along with a bunch of Pokemon games. But now, the DS...es have strangely disappeared, so right now we're left with a bunch of games, but no way to play them. I also went through a Neopets phase for a while, but every once and a while we are banned for some reason from the computer and TV, (it's sort of our parents' way of grounding us, since we don't exactly get "grounded") so I can't check on it. And since I'm not allowed to play Solitaire on my dad's palm pilot (or what ever it's called), I play it online.

Oh why, all the possibilities I'm sure you've heard
That's what you get when you let your heart win, whoa

~92% of teens moved on to rap music. If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig.~
Old March 28th, 2009, 5:14 am
Second Year

On Gamecube I love playing Super Smash Bros, Legend of Zelda, and Super Mario Sunshine, on PS2 I love Kingdom Hearts I and II. And on Wii, I like playing Wii Tennis.

Donít you ask me if its love my dear
Love donít really mean a thing round here
The fake scenes the plastic-made dreams
Say you donít want it, say you donít want it
{One Night Only}

Old March 28th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Second Year

I play pretty much anything but so far I've been able to avoid fps games.

I'm starting to like games like Uncharted and MGS more and more

Old March 31st, 2009, 7:41 pm
First Year

So far I don't think I have seen anyone say some of my top 10 games!(I might be wrong I just didn't see them anywhere) I am talking about Morrowind and Black and White. i also like Oblivion, Guitar hero, etc.

Old March 31st, 2009, 7:51 pm
Third Year

I like Halo and Sims. And Guitar Hero.

I wish i could be in the DA.
Proud supporter of Dobby, Enemy of Bellatrix

Last edited by EmmyRocks; March 31st, 2009 at 7:53 pm.
Old March 31st, 2009, 8:03 pm
Suteki da ne

I tend to play the Final Fantasy games, and other games of that genre (There are SOOOO many for the SNES that I didn't even know about...)

We asked ourselves, "Can we really fight 24 hours?" And the answer was, "We will fight 8,760 hours!"
- Nobuo Uematsu

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games