Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Ultimate Film Collection Editions etc

Old September 27th, 2010, 3:35 am
Secret Keeper

Re: Ultimate Film Collection Editions

I'm still holding out for true extended editions (meaning with never before seen footage) like LotR fans got The recent hints give me hope, but if by Christmas 2012 such a thing has not been announced and/or released I will buy a box set of the "Ultimate Editions"

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; September 27th, 2010 at 3:37 am.
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2010, 4:34 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
I'm still holding out for true extended editions (meaning with never before seen footage) like LotR fans got The recent hints give me hope, but if by Christmas 2012 such a thing has not been announced and/or released I will buy a box set of the "Ultimate Editions"
The problem is I don't believe there is much, if any, 'never before seen footage'. See my earlier comment about Cuaron and PoA. Remains to be seen if Yates releases the SWM cuts.

I'm definitely going to buy PS/SS and CoS, but I'm uncertain about the rest and will wait for others' opinions.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Old September 27th, 2010, 4:36 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapes_witch View Post
The problem is I don't believe there is much, if any, 'never before seen footage'.
Actually, we know there is (see "The OTHER deleted scenes thread") but the question is whether they bothered or would bother to do post production on the footage. I think they'd be foolish not to. Surely they'd make a nice profit on it. Not to mention they kinda owe the fans...

Last edited by lcbaseball22; September 27th, 2010 at 4:39 am.
Old September 27th, 2010, 4:38 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapes_witch View Post
The problem is I don't believe there is much, if any, 'never before seen footage'. See my earlier comment about Cuaron and PoA. Remains to be seen if Yates releases the SWM cuts.

I'm definitely going to buy PS/SS and CoS, but I'm uncertain about the rest and will wait for others' opinions.
Here's a list of the ones we know about:

http://www.cosforums.com/showthread....62#post5602862

Proud Ravenclaw!

*No idea who made my avatar, but credit goes to whoever out there on the internet made it!
Old September 27th, 2010, 4:41 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasley9 View Post
Here's a list of the ones we know about:

http://www.cosforums.com/showthread....62#post5602862
Oh, I see the name of the thread has been changed. Anyways, yeah that's the one I was referring to. Perhaps Cauron didn't film much more but we know most of the others did. For instance, we know the "director's cut" of OotP was over 3 hrs and I've heard rumors the first couple had like another 30 min filmed. It would be such a shame if that footage is just stored away on a shelf and never sees the light of day...

I honestly think WB has been holding out on us. Just look at the crappy deleted scenes on the DVD's (compared to other footage we know of)

Last edited by lcbaseball22; September 27th, 2010 at 4:50 am.
Old September 27th, 2010, 4:57 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
Same here.

I'm really wanting to buy the Ultimate Editions. I think they are beautiful and have cool stuff, like the picture books and of course the documentary! But I want to wait in case WB decides to release another collection even cooler later.

I mean, I already have each DVD, so I don't want to buy the Ultimate Editions and then have WB releasing another version I couldn't buy because I already bought the UE .

"You said to us once before that there was time to turn
back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?"
Old September 27th, 2010, 5:02 am
Sixth Year

I am very disappointed that we are not getting extended editions for PoA and GoF, but I am hoping that we will for OotP, since we know how much Yates actually filmed. I could see him definitely going back and editing it all together.

“These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this, to our citizenry: WE, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry, remains, strong!”
Old September 27th, 2010, 5:08 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack5555 View Post
I am very disappointed that we are not getting extended editions for PoA and GoF, but I am hoping that we will for OotP, since we know how much Yates actually filmed. I could see him definitely going back and editing it all together.
Yeah, as you said, I can see David Yates going back to edit the deleted scenes back in. He have had time, he has being there for 4 years now. But who knows if they will include that Extended Editions in the Ultimate DVDs, or in other versions...

"You said to us once before that there was time to turn
back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?"
Old September 27th, 2010, 6:29 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

I'm completely fine with PoA not being extended, as there wasn't much more shot.

GoF I am a little disgruntled that they didn't even take the time to put the deleted scenes back in (ala ABC Family). They had REALLY GOOD deleted scenes (except the mosh pit - meh..). It would have been doubly awesome if they included never before seen scenes like the waterfall scene and the priori incantatem explanation.

OotP is the one which I will be VERY annoyed if they don't have an extended edition. That is the only film that there is concrete evidence that a much longer cut existed.

For HBP, I wouldn't mind just the deleted scenes, and I expect DH wouldn't need an extended edition

I am still really interested in the docos, though. I saw on a site that all 4 are being released next month in NZ, so maybe I'll be able to hire each

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old September 27th, 2010, 9:50 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
I'm completely fine with PoA not being extended, as there wasn't much more shot.

GoF I am a little disgruntled that they didn't even take the time to put the deleted scenes back in (ala ABC Family). They had REALLY GOOD deleted scenes (except the mosh pit - meh..). It would have been doubly awesome if they included never before seen scenes like the waterfall scene and the priori incantatem explanation.
You mean they aren't putting the scene of Snape and Karakov arguing and the kids snogging in the carriages back in the movie?

Quote:
OotP is the one which I will be VERY annoyed if they don't have an extended edition. That is the only film that there is concrete evidence that a much longer cut existed.
There's more of the SWM scene; unfortunately Yates changed it from a pensieve memory to a direct memory from Snape consequently they won't be able to use any of the footage that includes Harry watching the action.

Quote:
For HBP, I wouldn't mind just the deleted scenes, and I expect DH wouldn't need an extended edition
I hope they put back the choir singing and Snape waiting for Dumbledore and Harry to return. Although that does give a lot away IMO.

I'd read the other deleted scene thread some time ago so I'm aware of some of the earlier scenes that were edited out. There's usually a very good reason they're taken out; such as adding nothing to the story or just plain no good.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Old September 27th, 2010, 11:22 am
First Year

Heyman did announce that there would be an extended edition of each film last year, and it appeared to be a little misleading, because these comments came just before the ultimate edition's for film 1 and 2 were announced.

Secondly, we cannot really justify Azkaban not having an extended cut, after all it has an extended cut on ABC, and the ultimate editions of film 1 and 2 basically contained the cut released on ABC.

These Ultimate Editions, the whole release strategy appears a little odd. They have not been released globally, which is wierd since this is suppose to be ultimate dvd sets. Also, their release appears a little rushed, two films togethor each year, and the first two being released just a month after the announcement of their release. Also, just adding a disk with the documentary to the already existing two disk release also confirms that these editions were rushed simply to make a quick buck.

Last edited by Underwoo18; September 27th, 2010 at 11:24 am.
Old September 27th, 2010, 6:02 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwoo18 View Post
Heyman did announce that there would be an extended edition of each film last year, and it appeared to be a little misleading, because these comments came just before the ultimate edition's for film 1 and 2 were announced.

Secondly, we cannot really justify Azkaban not having an extended cut, after all it has an extended cut on ABC, and the ultimate editions of film 1 and 2 basically contained the cut released on ABC.

These Ultimate Editions, the whole release strategy appears a little odd. They have not been released globally, which is wierd since this is suppose to be ultimate dvd sets. Also, their release appears a little rushed, two films togethor each year, and the first two being released just a month after the announcement of their release. Also, just adding a disk with the documentary to the already existing two disk release also confirms that these editions were rushed simply to make a quick buck.
You thinks the same like me! I want an extended edition for EVERY film! But i can't wait to see the documentary.

Old October 6th, 2010, 9:39 am
First Year

digital copy missing from ultimate edition

I baught the first movie from jbhifi
it appears to be missing the code for the digital copy

I contacted JBhifi i'm waiting for their reply

anything else I can do about this?

Old October 6th, 2010, 1:28 pm
Fifth Year

Re: digital copy missing from ultimate edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by infuscomus View Post
I baught the first movie from jbhifi
it appears to be missing the code for the digital copy

I contacted JBhifi i'm waiting for their reply

anything else I can do about this?
I'm afraid not. My PS extended edition came with two digital copy codes, but unfortunately neither of them work in Canada because I ordered them from the States.

Old October 6th, 2010, 5:50 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen View Post
I'm afraid not. My PS extended edition came with two digital copy codes, but unfortunately neither of them work in Canada because I ordered them from the States.
why did you get 2 thats not fair, I didnt even get 1! (if you got the spare may I have it?)

Old October 6th, 2010, 9:59 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
why did you get 2 thats not fair, I didnt even get 1! (if you got the spare may I have it?)
Unfortunately, I believe that's illegal

I'm not even sure how I came to get two. I guess fate was with me... Except neither of them work.

Old October 7th, 2010, 4:38 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen View Post
Unfortunately, I believe that's illegal

I'm not even sure how I came to get two. I guess fate was with me... Except neither of them work.
it shouldnt be illegal since I own a copy of the movie
if it's not working for you does it matter if you give it away? your not really losing anything

Old October 8th, 2010, 11:09 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
it shouldnt be illegal since I own a copy of the movie
if it's not working for you does it matter if you give it away? your not really losing anything
Well, I really don't have any safe form of communication. I bought the film, and if I ever find myself in the USA, I will be able to redeem it.

I'm still fairly certain it's illegal... It's almost like I'm "selling" you the digital copy of the film.

Old October 8th, 2010, 11:13 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

Okay guys please do not continue this discussion. Any talk of filesharing can get you (and us as forum into trouble). Thanks.

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer

Last edited by Hes; October 8th, 2010 at 11:18 pm.
Old October 20th, 2010, 6:19 pm
First Year

Can someone put some pictures (and a little review of the special feutures) here of the ultimate editions?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies