Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Civilization Series

Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:00 pm
First Year

Civilization Series

Well, Civilization is a strategic well known strategic game (in my opinion the best strategic game series around).

Have you ever played the game, and what are your thoughts on it?
I myself have been playing it since the third part was out (I think it is about 8 year now... damn, time really flies) and I've loved the games ever since. The game itself is turn base and you start by leading your civilization from a prehistoric society (warriors using clubs) to the modern times. You research techonologies, make new towns, wage wars against rival civilizations and the game is very very addicting.

Recently they have announced that Civilization 5 is going to come out on september 23rd(?), and they also announced a facebook civilization game (although I'm tired of waiting for it... they're not giving any new information on the matter ). The only thing I regret is that October means I have to start studying again, so it doesn't leave me much time to play the game. Are you looking forward to the 5th sequel? What do you enjoy most about the game? Do you load autosave when things go bad (*blush*)? Do you ever think to yourself "just one more turn..."?

Here is the link to the civ5 trailer.

Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2010, 8:38 pm
Eldest Gruff

Re: Civilization Series

I definitely need to update myself on this the one or other day since I still get stuck on my CIV II (Test of time) CD for PC... but I love it. The whole concept is really convincing to me - not too complicated, but not too simple either, so that you can actually do many stuff.

The only thing odd is to me that this civilisation-development often is rather horrific...

I don't want to live in a world
where the strong rules and the weak cower.
Harry Dresden.
Old October 12th, 2010, 5:16 pm
Seventh Year

I was like 11 or 12 when the first Civilization came out. Saw it at Egghead Software (pretty sure they're no longer in existence) one day and with what little money a young adolescent has I bought it. It was on 2 3.5" floppies! LOL But it was a great game and I've bought all 4 reincarnations since.

1 and 2 were great. 3 was good, but not as good as the first 2. 4 is the best of the series. I just got 5 a couple days ago, and quite frankly it might just be the weakest of the series. They went away from many of the things that made 4 great. The tech balance is bad. Takes forever to get to medieval era technology, and is too quick to get tanks after that.

Old October 12th, 2010, 5:29 pm
Head of the Dept of
Magical Fundraising

I loved CIVII especially the scenario package (including many downloaded) but sadly cannot play it on this computer. I found III unplayable

Old October 19th, 2010, 6:18 pm
First Year

man i haven't really played since civ II (for ps 2). I played the one for DS but it was such a bad game that i don't even count it. im going to borrow 4 from my brother in law soon. i watched him play and it looks so great.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games