Login  
 
 
Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Pokemon Red - Diamond



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old October 9th, 2007, 1:41 am
godrics hollow  Male.gif godrics hollow is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 5526 days
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Posts: 559
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

Um i don't know what its like now... but in the old ones (silver down) you just need 2 uber powerful pokemon to destroy everything else :P i know in blue i used a pigeot that was like 20 levels higher than any of my other pokemon and i just solo'd E4 with him....


__________________
If You Would Like Me To Make A Sig For You Just Owl Me And I Will Time Permitting.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #22  
Old October 9th, 2007, 7:18 pm
griffiegrrl's Avatar
griffiegrrl  Female.gif griffiegrrl is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 5300 days
Location: Terabithia
Age: 28
Posts: 543
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrics hollow View Post
Um i don't know what its like now... but in the old ones (silver down) you just need 2 uber powerful pokemon to destroy everything else :P i know in blue i used a pigeot that was like 20 levels higher than any of my other pokemon and i just solo'd E4 with him....
Sure, you can solo the E4 with just one pokemon. I've solo'd the E4 with my Blaziken before, but it's more interesting to use weaknesses and using all of your other cool pokemon as well.


EDIT:: I've just done my first ever EV training! I decided to have a new Milotic and train it to Lvl. 100 for Battle Tower and just my team, period. I've EV trained it in Special Attack and Speed, since it is a special sweeper. She's currently at Level 63, (Started at an egg) And soon she will be Level 100!


__________________

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan

Last edited by griffiegrrl; October 15th, 2007 at 1:05 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old October 15th, 2007, 4:06 pm
Fury's Avatar
Fury  Male.gif Fury is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 5457 days
Location: Hogwarts Grounds
Age: 36
Posts: 4,801
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

I started playing Diamond Yesterday, and now I am nearly on to going to find where the third gym battle is.

I just have one question: Where do you get the Old Rod?


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old October 15th, 2007, 7:12 pm
jammi567's Avatar
jammi567  Male.gif jammi567 is offline
Seventh Year
 
Joined: 4617 days
Age: 30
Posts: 1,566
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

In the gatehouse on the way to Route 218 (going from the west exit of Jublife city). Just to warn you, the only things that you can catch with it are Magicarp!

Question of my own: what kind of levels should i be before i meet the Elite 4 (currently travelling through Victory Road).


__________________
Wark! Chocobo's are the coolest!

Do you love the Final Fantasy series, but have no-one to discuss it with? Then come and join http://forums.finalfantasyvii.info/index.php, a small friendly community where people are kind and helpful - much like CoS.

Wimsey's man through and through...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old October 15th, 2007, 11:41 pm
Mystic_Robin  Female.gif Mystic_Robin is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4701 days
Location: England, Bristol
Age: 28
Posts: 3
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

Pokemon games are great!

I like the old ones the best, Pokemon Yellow was my favorite but I lost it =[

Right now I'm playing Pearl, I'm stuck just before the elite, My Pokemon are too weak so I need to train them up, anyone know any good places where I could train them? =/


__________________
Insane Fangirl XD
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old October 16th, 2007, 1:48 am
WitchHunter  Male.gif WitchHunter is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 5353 days
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Age: 30
Posts: 528
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

I used to play these games all the time, but lately all I've done is play around with the glitches and unused items in the Red and Blue games. Its amazing how many glitches there were and nobody really seemed to notice until well after the games' popularity had passed.

Quote:
Question of my own: what kind of levels should i be before i meet the Elite 4 (currently travelling through Victory Road).
I haven't played any of the newer games, but in the first two generations it was a good idea to be between level 40 and 50. It could be different now, though.


Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old October 16th, 2007, 12:36 pm
griffiegrrl's Avatar
griffiegrrl  Female.gif griffiegrrl is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 5300 days
Location: Terabithia
Age: 28
Posts: 543
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchHunter View Post
I used to play these games all the time, but lately all I've done is play around with the glitches and unused items in the Red and Blue games. Its amazing how many glitches there were and nobody really seemed to notice until well after the games' popularity had passed.


I haven't played any of the newer games, but in the first two generations it was a good idea to be between level 40 and 50. It could be different now, though.
I know! I loved the Missingno. Glitches; the one where you could multiply items and the one were you could catch high level pokemon on cinnibar island. xD

I also used to play around with the Mew glitch; I'd leave a bunch of trainers un battled, so I could get other pokemon besides Mew thru that glitch. I got quite a few pokemon that way that you couldn't normally catch in Red.

Oh, and uh, I agree with the levels for Elite four. If you want it to be even less of a challenge, I'd suggest getting at least your best pokemon to level 60. But that's usually for the obsessed people. xD


__________________

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old October 16th, 2007, 4:10 pm
Fury's Avatar
Fury  Male.gif Fury is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 5457 days
Location: Hogwarts Grounds
Age: 36
Posts: 4,801
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

One more question! I beat the fourth and fifth gym and I swear I CANNOT find Defog! I know someone gives it to me... and I should have got it already, but I have traveled through the Marshes alot! Where is this thing?!


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old October 16th, 2007, 6:01 pm
jammi567's Avatar
jammi567  Male.gif jammi567 is offline
Seventh Year
 
Joined: 4617 days
Age: 30
Posts: 1,566
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

I had exactly the same problem as you, until i found the answer - talk to the first person on the right as you enter the park itself (ie. after paying the $500).

Fought Aaron of the Sonnh E4, and he kicked my rear end so hard, it wasn't funny. And i was using a fire pokemon!

And another thing that happened today. I managed to (barely) get through Victory Road. As you enter, there's this guy blocking the door to the E4 (until he checks your badges). So i thought that i would talk to him now, so i don't have to worry about it later. And my rival turns up, demanding to fight me! ***?! So, natually, i lost, and i had to redo the whole last bit of the Road again. I healed before i talked to him.


__________________
Wark! Chocobo's are the coolest!

Do you love the Final Fantasy series, but have no-one to discuss it with? Then come and join http://forums.finalfantasyvii.info/index.php, a small friendly community where people are kind and helpful - much like CoS.

Wimsey's man through and through...
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old October 17th, 2007, 5:33 pm
Fury's Avatar
Fury  Male.gif Fury is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 5457 days
Location: Hogwarts Grounds
Age: 36
Posts: 4,801
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
I had exactly the same problem as you, until i found the answer - talk to the first person on the right as you enter the park itself (ie. after paying the $500).
Yeah, I found him last night after realizing where he could possibly be.

Well, I will say this... I am farther in the game than my bro got... he couldn't get to the top of Mt. Coronet, so he gave up. And I passed him last night and caught the pokemon on the cover of the game.

Now I am in Sunnyshore, training for the gym. I can't wait to get to that island up north of Sunnyshore... some of the places sound SOOO Promising!


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old October 17th, 2007, 9:18 pm
jammi567's Avatar
jammi567  Male.gif jammi567 is offline
Seventh Year
 
Joined: 4617 days
Age: 30
Posts: 1,566
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

You have to get the National Dex first though.

Progress update: Trained my fire pokemon (can't remember the name - the fire pokemon you can get at the beginning of the game), and kicked Aaron's rear end right back. And Betha's. And Flint's. And then i'm probally going to lose, and have to do more monotonus training of my pokemon, so that they're higher levels.


__________________
Wark! Chocobo's are the coolest!

Do you love the Final Fantasy series, but have no-one to discuss it with? Then come and join http://forums.finalfantasyvii.info/index.php, a small friendly community where people are kind and helpful - much like CoS.

Wimsey's man through and through...
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:30 pm
griffiegrrl's Avatar
griffiegrrl  Female.gif griffiegrrl is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 5300 days
Location: Terabithia
Age: 28
Posts: 543
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
You have to get the National Dex first though.

Progress update: Trained my fire pokemon (can't remember the name - the fire pokemon you can get at the beginning of the game), and kicked Aaron's rear end right back. And Betha's. And Flint's. And then i'm probally going to lose, and have to do more monotonus training of my pokemon, so that they're higher levels.
Infernape? (Extreme evolution from Chimchar). Man, I feel so left out right now that I don't have Diamond or Pearl yet. . Well I'm asking for a DS lite for christmas, and if I get one I'll buy myself Diamond, probably, because I like Dialga.

By the way guys, I've been using this awesome Pokemon site -- Click Here if you are interested. It has an AWESOME pokedex (It has everything to Evolution lines to Gender ratios to breeding info, to moves it can learn, etc... Awesome stuff!) and Awesome information from all the games.

So those of you who play Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald, what do you think of Pokemon contests? I like them, so far I've only gotten two paintings in the museum in Lilycove but I've only tried for those two so far. I'm now at Hyper Rank with my Milotic in Beauty contests, trying to beat out that stupid Altaria that keeps using Hyper beam and scaring my pokemon....

Also, are there pokemon contests in Pearl/Diamond?


__________________

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old October 18th, 2007, 4:03 am
Israely_Wizard  Male.gif Israely_Wizard is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4435 days
Location: Read name! isn't it clear?!
Age: 30
Posts: 72
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

There is, but only in Hearthome City.
If we're giving out cool Pokemon sites, check this one out: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page
It's called Bulbapedia; it's a wiki-based site that belongs to Bulbasaurs' Garden. And it doesn't have info just on the games, it has info on the Anime, Manga, world, and everything there is to know about Pokemon.
It also has branch-sites for German, French, Japanese and Polish speaking countrys.


__________________

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." Jedi Master Yoda, Star Wars I - The Phantom Menace

CauldronNewt
11 3/4 in. Black Walnut with Phoenix Feather core, Unyielding
Proud Hufflepuff
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old October 18th, 2007, 2:54 pm
griffiegrrl's Avatar
griffiegrrl  Female.gif griffiegrrl is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 5300 days
Location: Terabithia
Age: 28
Posts: 543
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israely_Wizard View Post
There is, but only in Hearthome City.
If we're giving out cool Pokemon sites, check this one out: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page
It's called Bulbapedia; it's a wiki-based site that belongs to Bulbasaurs' Garden. And it doesn't have info just on the games, it has info on the Anime, Manga, world, and everything there is to know about Pokemon.
It also has branch-sites for German, French, Japanese and Polish speaking countrys.
Awesome. Yeah, the site I posted above (Psypoke) Has info on the Anime and TCG and everything else pokemon as well.


__________________

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old October 18th, 2007, 4:21 pm
Fawkesfan1's Avatar
Fawkesfan1  Female.gif Fawkesfan1 is offline
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs
 
Joined: 5150 days
Location: May spontaneously combust!
Posts: 7,614
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffiegrrl View Post
I know! I loved the Missingno. Glitches; the one where you could multiply items and the one were you could catch high level pokemon on cinnibar island. xD

I also used to play around with the Mew glitch; I'd leave a bunch of trainers un battled, so I could get other pokemon besides Mew thru that glitch. I got quite a few pokemon that way that you couldn't normally catch in Red.

Oh, and uh, I agree with the levels for Elite four. If you want it to be even less of a challenge, I'd suggest getting at least your best pokemon to level 60. But that's usually for the obsessed people. xD
I loved them as well -- it was lot harder to train a team of Pokémon in Red and Blue -- I was lucky to get a good team up to around lv. 40 or so without having to result to using that glitch in order to help train up my team, fighting against those high level Pokémon. Anyone remember those lv. 255 Pokémon that you could run into there?


__________________

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.


RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old October 18th, 2007, 4:22 pm
Fury's Avatar
Fury  Male.gif Fury is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 5457 days
Location: Hogwarts Grounds
Age: 36
Posts: 4,801
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
You have to get the National Dex first though.

Progress update: Trained my fire pokemon (can't remember the name - the fire pokemon you can get at the beginning of the game), and kicked Aaron's rear end right back. And Betha's. And Flint's. And then i'm probally going to lose, and have to do more monotonus training of my pokemon, so that they're higher levels.
Yeah, I been reading the Walkthrough... which is very helpful!

I have been training my Pokemon lately... using the Vs. Seeker everywhere I go, so I can get battles. my pokemon are only level 47 and 48 and I know it won't be even enough to survive some of the trainers in Victory road! So I go only a few steps into Victory road, and I am already annoyed with the OVERPOWERING wild Pokemon... I put up my Gravveler, hoping to run into Golbat, cause my rock moves can get them out. I run into Machoke... I put up other pokemon, I run into Golbat. Though I will say this... Golbat is still UTTERLY ANNOYING! I run into them alot.

I use my EXP Share all the time, switching back and forth between Pokemon... my Gravveler and Machoke are always the hardest to put up with them. My Kadabra is the easiest, cause he was a traded Pokemon .

And looking through the Walkthrough, I am amazed to see how many different Pokemon there are in the island above Sunnyshore... So many old Pokemon that I definitely hoped was on the game.


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old October 18th, 2007, 5:02 pm
griffiegrrl's Avatar
griffiegrrl  Female.gif griffiegrrl is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 5300 days
Location: Terabithia
Age: 28
Posts: 543
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Yeah, I been reading the Walkthrough... which is very helpful!

I have been training my Pokemon lately... using the Vs. Seeker everywhere I go, so I can get battles. my pokemon are only level 47 and 48 and I know it won't be even enough to survive some of the trainers in Victory road! So I go only a few steps into Victory road, and I am already annoyed with the OVERPOWERING wild Pokemon... I put up my Gravveler, hoping to run into Golbat, cause my rock moves can get them out. I run into Machoke... I put up other pokemon, I run into Golbat. Though I will say this... Golbat is still UTTERLY ANNOYING! I run into them alot.

I use my EXP Share all the time, switching back and forth between Pokemon... my Gravveler and Machoke are always the hardest to put up with them. My Kadabra is the easiest, cause he was a traded Pokemon .

And looking through the Walkthrough, I am amazed to see how many different Pokemon there are in the island above Sunnyshore... So many old Pokemon that I definitely hoped was on the game.
That IS annoying. That's why I stock up on Repels... And more repels... And more repels...

I'm sitting here wishing I could get an Ampharos on my Sapphire.. Ampharos is one of my best pokemon in Gold, and I'd have to say I think it is THE best Electric pokemon in the series. My Ampharos in Gold is Lvl. 75, trained from a level 7 (I think) Mareep.


__________________

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan

Last edited by griffiegrrl; October 18th, 2007 at 5:06 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old October 18th, 2007, 5:30 pm
Fury's Avatar
Fury  Male.gif Fury is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 5457 days
Location: Hogwarts Grounds
Age: 36
Posts: 4,801
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffiegrrl View Post
That IS annoying. That's why I stock up on Repels... And more repels... And more repels...

I'm sitting here wishing I could get an Ampharos on my Sapphire.. Ampharos is one of my best pokemon in Gold, and I'd have to say I think it is THE best Electric pokemon in the series. My Ampharos in Gold is Lvl. 75, trained from a level 7 (I think) Mareep.
I LOVED Ampharos! I would, without objection, use mareep every single time I played Gold.

Now it is funny, cause I have no Fire Pokemon with me, haven't used one... and the only pokemon with me with Electric moves is Kadabra!

Also the other thing that irritates me is the PP stuff. I HATE IT!!!


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old October 18th, 2007, 6:51 pm
griffiegrrl's Avatar
griffiegrrl  Female.gif griffiegrrl is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 5300 days
Location: Terabithia
Age: 28
Posts: 543
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
I LOVED Ampharos! I would, without objection, use mareep every single time I played Gold.

Now it is funny, cause I have no Fire Pokemon with me, haven't used one... and the only pokemon with me with Electric moves is Kadabra!

Also the other thing that irritates me is the PP stuff. I HATE IT!!!
Oh you mean how you can be half-way through a cave or something fighting trainers and things and you run out of PP? That is annoying as well. That's why whatever Elixers and stuff like that I find, I save for the Elite Four first couple times around. It really helps.

I love fire pokemon. I know, everyone does, but in Sapphire for example, Blaziken really is the strongest. Sceptile is pathetic, and I know because the first time I played the game I chose Treeko because Venusaur (the grass starter) used to be my favorite in Red. (Charizard was tied with him, though...) I've never been much of a water pokemon fan. My favorite water pokemon in Gold is Quagsire though, he knows surf, so since that's the most powerful water move out there...He's pretty awesome. I'm also training my Snorlax in Gold to get to around Lvl 75. I finally beat RED in Gold at Mt. Silver, so that was cool. I still haven't caught Ho-oh. I should soon. But I'm having problems catching him, and I don't want to use my Master Ball on him, I don't think.


__________________

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old October 18th, 2007, 7:25 pm
jammi567's Avatar
jammi567  Male.gif jammi567 is offline
Seventh Year
 
Joined: 4617 days
Age: 30
Posts: 1,566
Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

The thing that clinched Mareep for me was the fact that it's the only electric type pokemon that you can get in the game for a long while (until you reach Route 38/39 and catch Magmanite). And i really couldn't be bothered to wait that long without one.

Fire pokemon really are the best starters to have in the whole series of games (except for the original Red/Blue, where Bulbasaur ruled supreame, at least for me).

I like the fact that the later you go into the generation, the more things there are to do after beating the E4. Because in the original games, i could see no point whatsoever in training my pokemon all the way to level 100. But now, there are impuses to train you pokemon hard (world wide comptutive battling, thanks to the Wi-Fi).

Shockingly, i've had the original games since they came out in Europe, and until the beginning of this year, i never realized that there were any glitches in it. The things i've been missing out on ehhh...


__________________
Wark! Chocobo's are the coolest!

Do you love the Final Fantasy series, but have no-one to discuss it with? Then come and join http://forums.finalfantasyvii.info/index.php, a small friendly community where people are kind and helpful - much like CoS.

Wimsey's man through and through...
Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:51 pm.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Original content is Copyright © MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright © its respective owners.