Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2

Old October 10th, 2007, 3:49 am
Fifth Year

Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2

So does anyone else on here play Zoo Tycoon?

I have had 1 for quite some time and have beaten almost all of the scenarios (but I still love to start them all all over again). I also just recently bought 2. I absolutely love it. I think it is so much better than 1. I love that you can do all of the things the staff can do so when you have a small zoo (and budget) you can just do them yourself. I also really like that hardly any of the scenarios have time restrictions. I thought that was the hardest part of the first game, so I kind of liked it when I could take my time building my amazing zoos.

Anyone else who has played both (or even just one)? What are your thoughts?

"Pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays."

~ sllagnire ~

Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2007, 12:39 pm
Fourth Year

Re: Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2

I have Zoo Tycoon 2, and haven't played it much. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun *although so far I have only played freestyle.. * I just don't have the time on this computer to play it. I'll have to really sit down and play it sometime. Some things I love about it though are the Biome brush, and how you can create waterfalls and things like that.

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Old October 10th, 2007, 7:14 pm
Fifth Year

Zoo Tycoon 2 is so much better than 1. I love how you can use different views instead of just the overhead view.

Old October 10th, 2007, 7:25 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffiegrrl View Post
I have Zoo Tycoon 2, and haven't played it much. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun *although so far I have only played freestyle.. * I just don't have the time on this computer to play it. I'll have to really sit down and play it sometime. Some things I love about it though are the Biome brush, and how you can create waterfalls and things like that.
I love the biome brush as well, and also that you don't have to pay for the change in biome. Saves a bit of money. Waterfalls are fun too. But it does take a bit of time. I can understand why you don't get to play much. I don't really either. I wish I could play more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowPoofBall View Post
Zoo Tycoon 2 is so much better than 1. I love how you can use different views instead of just the overhead view.

The different views are great. Its neat to see what all of the stores and such look like. And they are so detailed. You can look right into the gift shop and see all of the different gifts. I also love the photography challenges in the challenge games. I like taking pictures.

"Pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays."

~ sllagnire ~

Old October 10th, 2007, 9:44 pm
Fourth Year

Yeah, the different views are great too, and how you can be a keeper as well to take care of the animals, too. That's pretty awesome.

I've never played Zoo Tycoon 1, because I just randomly got 2 as a gift one time. (It even came with an awesome Monkey pen! :3)

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Old January 14th, 2009, 9:57 am
Sixth Year

I've played both and really enjoyed them. I think one was far more of a business simulator than an actual zoo simulator. I it found more strategic and it seemed to require more planning than two. I like two because you can walk around, creating the illusion of being in an actual zoo. And they're surpisingly challenging games, which, with all the cuteness, you'd think wouldn't be the case. I wonder what the future holds, though?

Old January 15th, 2009, 1:34 am
Secret Keeper

oh this brings back memories . i've only ever played zoo tycoon one, and that was years and years and years ago. It's definitely more of a business thing than a zoo simulator, but it's still fun. I used to suck at it when I was little but I'm pretty tempted to try to play it again, just for kicks . It's a pretty good game actually, despite all the cuteness. I remember trapping the guests in a small area with water and placing like wild lions in there and watching them shriek in terror . I got better over time , but I've never bothered doing the small games after a while

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old January 15th, 2009, 7:45 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldemorts8thHorcrux View Post
I remember trapping the guests in a small area with water and placing like wild lions in there and watching them shriek in terror .
Mmmm...I think I'll try that. I had a bear escape an exhibit once, catch a guest, and roll him around as if playing with a ball. I bet the game's animators had a lot of fun with that kind of thing.

Old November 22nd, 2009, 11:08 am
First Year

i have played both (zoo tycoon and zoo tycoonn 2 ultimate collection) and i love them. i found the 1st easier to use generally, but the 2nd has so much more of... everything!

x:*.*:x_MeLiSsA_x*.*:x
“Tell me one last thing,” said Harry. “Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?”
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:21 pm
Too... Much... Fangirling...

I have the complete zoo tycoon 1, and have never played 2. 1 was cool - it was my favourite game at the time!

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old December 2nd, 2009, 3:17 pm
Second Year

I absolutely love ZT2, I have the ultimate collection. I especially love getting all of the monkeys together in an enormous exhibit and watching them wreak havoc in freeform mode. I really hope they release a third ith even more animals, my appetite is really rather large for even more animals.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games