Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy

The Chronicles of Narnia

Old November 13th, 2012, 9:57 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: The Chronicles of Narnia

Magician's Nephew is my favourite too but I don't think I'd have enjoyed it so much if I'd not read Lion Witch & Wardrobe first. It was so intriguing to see where the wardrobe, the lamp post and in fact Narnia itself had come from. And I just loved Aslan singing the world into being.

I liked Prince Caspian least - I found it really hard going.

Albus Dumbledore, HBP
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2013, 10:07 pm
Squee-worthy

So this is absolutely random, but I was hoping someone could help me answer this question:

I was just watching Prince Caspian and decided to look at Wikipedia to see a timeline of events thoughout the course of the books. I've read LW&W, Prince Caspian, and The Magician's Nephew but not recently. Wikipedia says that the Pevensie children ruled in Narnia for 15 years. I was always under the impression that it was much longer than that, hundreds of years. They're full grown adults, not just 20 year olds when they return to our world, and their memories of the real world are hazy if not non-existant.

So, was it really only 15 years from the time Lucy first crossed over to when they stumbled back through the wardrobe?

Last edited by Lord Godric; February 4th, 2013 at 10:20 pm.
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:07 am
Curse Breaker

Exact estimates differ. They're full adults by the time they leave, but Peter could be no more than 38 by the time they hunt the White Stag, and I think that's high. Remember, their reign has to be just about winding down by the failed embassy to Calormen when a headstrong 20-year-old Rabadash is tempted to hazzard himself, his kingdom and his pride over lust for Queen Susan (The Horse and His Boy). No less than 15, no more than 25, I'd always estimated it as 20 years. Additionally, it's the gap between the Hunt and the horn call in Prince Caspian that is hundreds of years, not the reign of the Cair Paravel Four.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy