Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Survivor Cagayan " Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Old March 11th, 2014, 2:04 pm
Rocket Scientist

Re: Survivor Cagayan " Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsrule26 View Post
I hope she uses her cop training and thinks about why he lied to her at first and why he changed his mind . If she does that I think she will relise he is playing her .
I hope so too!

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2014, 6:03 pm
Third Year

I'm excited. I get to watch this one live on Wednesday instead of online the next day(s)! And that's because it's spring break for the kids' program at church so I get the night off.

Member of the Insane Becky Posse (IBP) and the Gator Fan Club

Old March 11th, 2014, 11:58 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

It's never spring break for the church orchestra and missing practice so I can watch Survivor is really frowned upon.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old March 13th, 2014, 3:33 pm
Rocket Scientist

Oh man finally a good decision from the brains tribe FINALLY! But even still they need to get their act together. Then again with the merge coming it'll be interesting to see if they go to one tribe or two new tribes. That will definitely change the dynamic of the game.

I don't know why the brawn tribe thought it was a good idea to throw the challenge but this is the first time i was glad to see the brains tribe lose instead. Throwing challenges is probably the dumbest thing a tribe can do, because numbers are important in the merge. Then again i think it's more important to have trustworthy numbers. That said, poor cop lady thinks she doesnt have trustworthy numbers because mr cop lied to her. Oh things in the merge are sure to get really interesting! I can't wait until next week.

Old March 13th, 2014, 7:23 pm
Third Year

When brawns tried to throw the challenge, I couldn't help but laugh. I mean Brains self-destructs anyway!

Beauty is working great! They have everything going for them. I'm glad for Spencer's sake that there is a merge, or switch around, coming. He deserves a chance.

Old March 13th, 2014, 10:24 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Finnally the brains get it right at TC J'tia was IMO the only choice to be booted .

I wonder if Jeff knew that the Brawn tribe was trying to throw that challenge ?

I don't get it why that stoopid brain gal just didn't get off the flag and let them raise it . It looked almost like she was throwing the game for her tribe .

So there are 14 players left ,I wonder if the tribal switch up will be the picking and breaking of colored eggs again, or if there will be some other method used this time . Maybe it will be colored stones?
I too hope that Spencer gets in with some people who he can play the game with, he is right now my Fav. to go far in this season if only he can get in with better players .

I wonder if they will use the two camps that have the tarps and what will happen to the things left at the third camp.

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old March 17th, 2014, 1:46 pm
Inconceivable!

Quote:
I don't get it why that stoopid brain gal just didn't get off the flag and let them raise it . It looked almost like she was throwing the game for her tribe .
I kept wondering why Tasha didn't tell Spencer to adjust the flag since J'Tia seemed clueless.

That last episode was extremely frustrating to watch. There was the Brawn tribe trying to throw a challenge for no good reason. I can't believe so many people went along with the paranoia of one tribe member.

And then the Brain tribe was completely frustrating. For them to even consider for one instant keeping J'Tia on the tribe and voting out Spencer - how dumb would that have been. I am glad that the tribe shake up is next. Watching the Brains tribe make one stupid decision after another was getting to be too frustrating. I want to see the Brawn tribe members in action. They should provide some good drama.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson

Last edited by SusanBones; March 17th, 2014 at 1:49 pm.
Old March 20th, 2014, 2:35 pm
Rocket Scientist

The tribe shakeup was awesome! I found it really interesting how things fell out. As much as the brains tribe had problems before, I was kind of glad to see them all end up on a tribe together. I didnt think they would survive if they were split up. It seems like the tribes are much more evenly matched now, even if most of the brawn tribe ended up together. I thought it was really interesting to see everyone scramble and change their minds on who they wanted to align with. This season has definitely been an interesting one and the strategy has been so interesting to watch.

I can't say I'm all that surprised they voted cliff off, but i'm not sure that was necessarily the wisest decision. He was really solid in challenges. For two beauty to align with two brawn that wasnt a very smart move on the brawn side. They have the numbers. I'm not sure shaking up alliances was the best move but if people werent happy then I guess now was the time to do it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the rest of this shakes out.

And I also thought the log puzzle challenge was really cool. That was definitely an exciting challenge to watch it was so close the whole way through.

Old March 21st, 2014, 12:43 pm
Third Year

I agree. I like how they were split up. They do seem more evenly matched now.

I do think that the two from Beauty had no choice but to align with the Brawn. Cliff wasn't that much of a surprise either. But I don't think it was their wisest move either. I think they should have gotten one of the girls first and kept his strength. It looks almost like Trish is controlling things.

I loved the log challenge. I laughed when the one guy said it was tailor made for Brawn and then they messed up the maze. I liked how the other team (Beauty/Brains) worked together. It looked like Tasha was the one calling out the turns of the log.

Old March 21st, 2014, 7:51 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Finally saw the March 12th episode. Voting J'tia out was a long time coming. She's no good at challenges. She was worse than the members of the Brawn tribe who were trying to throw the challenge! I hate when tribes try to throw challenges so I'm glad Wu and Cliff played hard to not lose. I'm so not liking the two police officers (and that other girl who looks sort of like the female police officer but I don't know her name). I think right now they are the ones I dislike the most. (I haven't seen this past Weds episode so I don't know anything except that tribes are shuffled). I think I like the only male on the Brain tribe (can't remember his name, either). He seems like a decent guy. So, I think I'm rooting for him, Wu, and Cliff right now. (and I haven't been spoiled because I have not read any posts…I'll just not visit here until I see the latest episode).

I was spoiled with the March 12th episode. My parents had just watched the latest episode and after Modern Family (I get home when that show starts) we decided to watch Survivor On Demand since they missed the March 12th episode, too (it takes a week to get the episodes on demand, so I record them, but I just hadn't watched it yet). When J'tia came on the screen my mom asks, "Wasn't she voted out?" I was spoiled, but I didn't know if she had been voted out of the March 12th or March 19th episode.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old March 22nd, 2014, 8:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
I can't say I'm all that surprised they voted cliff off, but i'm not sure that was necessarily the wisest decision. He was really solid in challenges. For two beauty to align with two brawn that wasn't a very smart move on the brawn side. They have the numbers. I'm not sure shaking up alliances was the best move but if people weren't happy then I guess now was the time to do it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the rest of this shakes out.
I thought that getting him out was a good move He would have been a big threat in individule play. He was also imo there only as a fan, I didn't think he really needed the cash.
Quote:
And I also thought the log puzzle challenge was really cool. That was definitely an exciting challenge to watch it was so close the whole way through.
I liked how the guys on the brains tribe took over the front of the log to lift it up high enough to break those boards . They have done that type of challenge before and it always is fun to watch.

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old March 27th, 2014, 2:38 pm
Rocket Scientist

Oh man! I think the most interesting thing about last night's episode was the tribe "raid" after the reward challenge. I thought it was hilarious that tony and woo used the immunity clue to stir up trouble in the other tribe. It seems to have worked for the most part. I just couldn't believe he went back to his tribe and gloated about it. I think that put a giant target on his back. He has a bit of a big mouth and it's going to get him in trouble. I got the impression his tribe didnt trust him much after that. Even worse he admitted to lying about being a cop. If you lie, you gotta stick with it or it could bite you in the butt.

I can't believe lindsay quit over sour grapes... That's the game, blindsides happen and you scramble and try and fix things you dont take it personally and just jump ship, even if you are afraid you're going to lose it on tv. Everyone's hungry tired and stressed so i get that but I just feel like she gave up way too easily.

I feel bad for sarah. I get the impression her old tribe isnt going to welcome her back in the merge next week. I think she's got a better chance with the brains and making a move down the road. I hope she sticks with them. Mostly cause I'm rooting for spencer and I hope he goes far in this game I really like him.

Old March 27th, 2014, 8:53 pm
Third Year

I think Lindsay should have stuck around a bit more. I get it that she didn't want to stay and possibly do something she'd regret. But to quit? I mean other players who have quit (Colton twice, Brandon, etc). They at least had truth to their actions. They either couldn't handle it at all or needed to be removed before harming himself/others (brandon). But Lindsay? Things didn't go her way, so she's going to quit? Yeah that did not sit well with me. I'm like, grow up.

The reward challenge was pretty interesting. The "raid" was classic! I can't wait to see if that will come back to haunt Tony.

I think they made the wise choice in voting off Alexis. She seemed too much of a loose cannon. I think that Spencer and the other Brains showed that Jeremiah was trustworthy, at least to them.

I wonder if Sarah'll stick with the Brains. I agree with you Spacey. It could be her best option.

Old March 28th, 2014, 2:14 am

Quote:
Oh man! I think the most interesting thing about last night's episode was the tribe "raid" after the reward challenge. I thought it was hilarious that tony and woo used the immunity clue to stir up trouble in the other tribe. It seems to have worked for the most part. I just couldn't believe he went back to his tribe and gloated about it. I think that put a giant target on his back. He has a bit of a big mouth and it's going to get him in trouble. I got the impression his tribe didnt trust him much after that. Even worse he admitted to lying about being a cop. If you lie, you gotta stick with it or it could bite you in the butt.
I think that their stirring up trouble at the raid was a great idea, but yeah you don't go home and brag about it . Tony strikes me as a man who can't be trusted by anyone on his tribe . If you ask me he seems like type of cop who gives cops a bad name.
Quote:
I can't believe lindsay quit over sour grapes... That's the game, blindsides happen and you scramble and try and fix things you dont take it personally and just jump ship, even if you are afraid you're going to lose it on tv. Everyone's hungry tired and stressed so i get that but I just feel like she gave up way too easily.
There must be more than what we got to see . I wonder if there was somekind of physical threat implyed ,or if she was scared she might be hurt or hurt the other gal.

Quote:
I feel bad for sarah. I get the impression her old tribe isnt going to welcome her back in the merge next week. I think she's got a better chance with the brains and making a move down the road. I hope she sticks with them. Mostly cause I'm rooting for spencer and I hope he goes far in this game I really like him.
Sarah should in my opinion stick with the Brains .She has a chance with them to go farther than if she tries to get back in with her old tribe.
I too hope Spencer goes far in the game he seems to me to have his head on right and is keeping it down for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballblondie View Post
I think they made the wise choice in voting off Alexis. She seemed too much of a loose cannon. I think that Spencer and the other Brains showed that Jeremiah was trustworthy, at least to them.
Alexis tried to hard to throw Jeremiah under the bus . I think that is why the others got rid of her. Jeremiah explained himself well enough to I feel convince the others that the Clue wasn't helpful to him at all.

I liked the Tribal council last night , but I thought all the players had been to tribal ,how was it that that gal had to get fire last night?

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old March 28th, 2014, 2:35 am
Inconceivable!

I've enjoyed this season of Survivor so far. The fact that the Brains have finally some luck with a good tribe reshuffle has been nice, too. But most of the people this season have been interesting to watch.

I was glad that the two cops got separated. Sarah seemed like she was planning to trust Tony completely. But now that he has screwed up with his boast of final five, she knows he never planned to be loyal to her. It will be interesting to see what happens when they merge.

Alexis was the right choice to vote off. She can't really be trusted and I don't think she had any loyalty to the Brains alliance. If the Brains can convince Morgan, Jeremiah and Sarah to stick together at the merge, then they can go far.

Tony really screwed up when he admitted that he lied to his tribe about who he was. That isn't going to go down well.

I was shocked that Lindsay quit like that. She didn't really seem to be so unhappy that she was heading in that direction.

I can't wait to see what happens next week. I really hope they get rid of Tony. He is sneaky and not to be trusted.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old March 28th, 2014, 3:18 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
I liked the Tribal council last night , but I thought all the players had been to tribal ,how was it that that gal had to get fire last night?
Because brawn never went to tribal then they did the tribe shake up and the tribe with all the brawn but sarah went to tribal last week. So sarah was the only one left that hadnt been to tribal... Which is pretty remarkable for her to be that far in and not go to tribal yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
Alexis was the right choice to vote off. She can't really be trusted and I don't think she had any loyalty to the Brains alliance. If the Brains can convince Morgan, Jeremiah and Sarah to stick together at the merge, then they can go far.

Tony really screwed up when he admitted that he lied to his tribe about who he was. That isn't going to go down well.

I was shocked that Lindsay quit like that. She didn't really seem to be so unhappy that she was heading in that direction.

I can't wait to see what happens next week. I really hope they get rid of Tony. He is sneaky and not to be trusted.
Agreed on all of this. I hope they get rid of tony too, but he has an idol so that could make things tricky... I feel like some of the players have kind of forgotten about the idols, but with the merge coming that could really shake things up again. Who else has an idol besides tony? Isn't there someone from the beauty tribe with the idol?

Old March 28th, 2014, 5:07 pm
Third Year

Quote:
I feel like some of the players have kind of forgotten about the idols, but with the merge coming that could really shake things up again. Who else has an idol besides tony? Isn't there someone from the beauty tribe with the idol?
I think LT or LJ whatever his name is.

Old March 28th, 2014, 11:50 pm

Quote:
Agreed on all of this. I hope they get rid of tony too, but he has an idol so that could make things tricky... I feel like some of the players have kind of forgotten about the idols, but with the merge coming that could really shake things up again. Who else has an idol besides tony? Isn't there someone from the beauty tribe with the idol?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballblondie View Post
I think LT or LJ whatever his name is.
LJ McKanas is his name.

With a merge at 11 players I wonder how many will be in the Jury this Season?

I hope the Brains/Beauty tribe sticks together, if they do they can pick off the Brawn players .
What I hope doesn't happen is the Beauty tribe players and the Brawn tribe players go back together and pick off the Brains players.

I think that "Final Five" chant will come back to haunt them after the merge.
I really hope that they can blindside Tony next.
Maybe the Brains tribe can set up a double threat blindside, by convincing LJ that he is next ,so he plays his HII to "save" himself and then everyone really votes for Tony.
That would be really cool.

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old April 1st, 2014, 11:08 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

I, like others, don't like it when someone quits. I think Linsie (or however she spells it) used Trish as an excuse to get out of the game. She didn't like being wet, cold, hungry, and tired so she decided not liking Trish was a good reason to leave. It's one thing if let's say the entire tribe is bullying you or something. It's another when one tribe member is just someone you can't stand. You have to think about this stuff before you go on the show. It's not going to be a bed and breakfast with your best friends (and even if it was all that time with my best friends I'd probably want to kill them, too, no offense, friends!).

I can't stand Trish, either. She and the other cop guy are annoying as heck. They act like they're the smartest people in the world. Did they not notice they were not put in the brain tribe (not that the brain tribe could call themselves smart)?

I'm glad they didn't vote out Jeremiah just so Tony's "strategy" wouldn't work.

Still supporting Spencer the Economics Student. I really don't have a clue who will last. I think it's anybody's game. They all seem sort of clueless out there.

And now I'm all caught up.

Quote:
What I hope doesn't happen is the Beauty tribe players and the Brawn tribe players go back together and pick off the Brains players.
Beauty tribe doesn't look like they're sticking together so I don't think that'll happen.

Last edited by leah49; April 1st, 2014 at 11:12 pm.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 9:47 am

OH Man what a stoopid ,stoopid move! Kass you're an idiot!! You had the numbers on your team and you screwed it up!! You are not living up to the Brain tribe handle you started with.

Man I want Tony out of the game ,I really want him out now.

I feel that Tony's tribe is going to pick off the rest now that Kass has screwed things up.

I do like that both HII have been used ,now its a scramble to find the new one.
I liked that Woo won the first Individule Idol, but I noticed he was wearing aqua socks in the challenge when everyone else had bare feet I wonder why he was allowed to do that?.

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television