Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak > The Tales of Beedle the Bard

Collector's Edition

Old December 5th, 2008, 4:04 am
Qvack...

Re: Collector's Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
I have a really big family, so even though I don't spend a ton on each person it gets pretty pricey. Plus I have to get my car worked on this month and take my dogs to the vet for their yearly updates. One of my dogs is on special meds and she has to have all her bloodwork updated; they said that could cost around $100 by itself. So I better wait to buy Beedle.
Your dog is most definitely more worth it. Take care of her first, worry about the book later, and I hope she's alright! The book will still be available later, I bet.

I can't wait to get my greasy paws on it. I have no idea really how big it is or anything (well, I know because JLTucker told us, but I have spatial problems and that's hard for me to grasp) so I expect surprises galore tomorrow.

THE DUCK.

Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2008, 4:08 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
I have a really big family, so even though I don't spend a ton on each person it gets pretty pricey. Plus I have to get my car worked on this month and take my dogs to the vet for their yearly updates. One of my dogs is on special meds and she has to have all her bloodwork updated; they said that could cost around $100 by itself. So I better wait to buy Beedle.
Oh ok. I would hold off on the Collector's Edition as well. The reason I don't buy anyone anything is because I do not make enough money and most of the money I make goes towards repaying my student loan.

Old December 5th, 2008, 4:50 am
Pernicious Blood Traitor

Yayz! I got my special edition today and it's bee-you-tee-full.

I've found one obvious errror in the print, it says 'flame flame' instead of just 'flame'. I'll have to read it again and see if I find others. Love the large lithograph-type artworks, I just may have to frame them. My niece is dying for me to read her the Tales and I've told her I'll do that tomorrow, after we're both out of classes.

What matters is not the length of the wand, but the magic in the stick.

"So that doesn't clear anything up but it elucidates what I believe. But I don't think it's necessarily going to convince people who have a strong feeling, one way or the other, on the matter. You know what, that's been the case with most of "Harry Potter". I gave my explanation and it just fuels more debate." ~ JK Rowling

'Here he took out the stone that had the power to recall the dead, and turned it thrice in his hand.' ~ Thrice...go Team CoCo.
Old December 5th, 2008, 5:01 am
Squee-worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_Suki View Post

I've found one obvious errror in the print, it says 'flame flame' instead of just 'flame'. I'll have to read it again and see if I find others. Love the large lithograph-type artworks, I just may have to frame them. My niece is dying for me to read her the Tales and I've told her I'll do that tomorrow, after we're both out of classes.
Ohh thats a really good idea to frame the artwork!

Old December 5th, 2008, 5:07 am
Banned

Quote:
My niece is dying for me to read her the Tales and I've told her I'll do that tomorrow, after we're both out of classes.
How old is your niece? If she's under, I'd say 13, I certainly wouldn't read her the tales with violence, especially "The Tale of the Three Brothers". That's a really violent tale. Though if she was allowed to read the Potter series, I suppose it's okay to read her that one.

Old December 5th, 2008, 5:14 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I just opened my US edition...I'm waiting for the British version...wonderful!!!

Old December 5th, 2008, 5:17 am
Mrs Gilbert Grape

Quote:

I thought about framing them too, but I also like them in the little pocket that came inside the cover. I can't decide whether to leave them there or frame them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
I just opened my US edition...I'm waiting for the British version...wonderful!!!
I want a British version!

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Old December 5th, 2008, 5:20 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

What are the differences between the US and British versions?

Old December 5th, 2008, 5:23 am
Pernicious Blood Traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTucker View Post
How old is your niece? If she's under, I'd say 13, I certainly wouldn't read her the tales with violence, especially "The Tale of the Three Brothers". That's a really violent tale. Though if she was allowed to read the Potter series, I suppose it's okay to read her that one.
No worries, she's 11 but I've read the entire HP series to her, reading is one of the things we get to enjoy during "our" time. Her parents had been trying to get her interested in reading but she has severe ADHD and has difficulty focusing. However with the HP novels, we each had a copy and she'd carry her's to school and actually read it during quiet time in classes--first book she's actually ever wanted to read. She was almost beside herself with excitement when the Tales arrived but had to practice her language arts homework, memorizing and reciting a Maya Angelou poem entitled "Life Doesn't Frighten Me".

Cheeky little monkey asked me if she could take the Tales to school tomorrow and read it there.

What matters is not the length of the wand, but the magic in the stick.

"So that doesn't clear anything up but it elucidates what I believe. But I don't think it's necessarily going to convince people who have a strong feeling, one way or the other, on the matter. You know what, that's been the case with most of "Harry Potter". I gave my explanation and it just fuels more debate." ~ JK Rowling

'Here he took out the stone that had the power to recall the dead, and turned it thrice in his hand.' ~ Thrice...go Team CoCo.
Old December 5th, 2008, 6:02 am
Squee-worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
There's a difference?

Old December 5th, 2008, 6:11 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Godric View Post
There's a difference?
Probably just the cover and word spellings. You know, the "ou".

Old December 5th, 2008, 5:02 pm
Registered Animagus

Here's a list of errors in the collector's edition.

Pg. 40 - Dumbledore's Commentary on Hopping Pot - The word "flames" is repeated (ie. 'flames flames') for no apparent reason.

Pg. 78 - Dumbledore's Commentary on Fountain - Armando Dippet is misspelled, spelled ?rmando Dippet. (Not sure what the first letter is, its definitely not a capital A, see the beginning of Malfoy's letter on the opposite page to see what a capital A should look like.)

Pg. 156 - Tale of the Three Brothers - "Tnd so Death took the second brother for his own." They misspelled "and"?

These errors are not in the standard edition.

No excuse for this in such a short book especially one so pricey. Scholastic needs to replace these.

Old December 5th, 2008, 5:21 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desraelda View Post
Here's a list of errors in the collector's edition.

Pg. 40 - Dumbledore's Commentary on Hopping Pot - The word "flames" is repeated (ie. 'flames flames') for no apparent reason.

Pg. 78 - Dumbledore's Commentary on Fountain - Armando Dippet is misspelled, spelled ?rmando Dippet. (Not sure what the first letter is, its definitely not a capital A, see the beginning of Malfoy's letter on the opposite page to see what a capital A should look like.)

Pg. 156 - Tale of the Three Brothers - "Tnd so Death took the second brother for his own." They misspelled "and"?

These errors are not in the standard edition.

No excuse for this in such a short book especially one so pricey. Scholastic needs to replace these.
Do you honestly think books this expensive or even priced higher do not have spelling errors? I had a $200 textbook for university and it had spelling errors. It happens. It's not that big of a deal.

Old December 5th, 2008, 7:40 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTucker View Post
Do you honestly think books this expensive or even priced higher do not have spelling errors? I had a $200 textbook for university and it had spelling errors. It happens. It's not that big of a deal.
If I'm going to shell out $100 for a book, it's a big deal.

Old December 5th, 2008, 7:46 pm
Squee-worthy

ahh but typos and stuff make it worth more when the company does fix the errors.

Old December 5th, 2008, 7:52 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Godric View Post
ahh but typos and stuff make it worth more when the company does fix the errors.
In 50 years and then if there are only a few left. Don't count on it.

Old December 5th, 2008, 8:17 pm
Banned

Quote:
If I'm going to shell out $100 for a book, it's a big deal.
Answer my question. Do you honestly think books this expensive or even priced higher do not have spelling errors?

Old December 5th, 2008, 9:08 pm
Squee-worthy

Quote:
In 50 years and then if there are only a few left. Don't count on it.
My point is that it is an original book, and because of that there are going to be errors. The originals of all books have errors.

Old December 5th, 2008, 9:09 pm
Keeper of the Mignon Eggs

Easy friends. You can't demand anything from your fellow members.

Last edited by Alastor; December 5th, 2008 at 9:15 pm.
Old December 6th, 2008, 12:47 am
Secret Keeper

I want it so badly but my mom rarely buys me regular paperback books

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak > The Tales of Beedle the Bard