Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction > Comic Books & Graphic Novels

V for Vendetta

Old October 6th, 2007, 2:38 pm
Seventh Year

V for Vendetta

I know most people saw the movie, but did anyone read the comics? After watching the movie, I read the comic and obviously I found the comic much more interesting than the movie. What about you guys?

Keep in mind that this is not just a comic book v. movie thread...all discussion regarding the comic V for Vendetta are allowed here

"The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose" - Heda Bejar
GLORY GLORY MAN UTD
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2008, 7:02 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Re: V for Vendetta

I loved watching the movie. It was more enjoyable and interesting than I thought it would be. Never read the comics about it though.

But from what I do know about them, they sound like they would be an interesting read.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:31 pm
Second Year

Love V, the comic books are perfect for the time era that they were written, you can clearly see the overlap of thatcherism being introduced by the writers in the form of the government, with V as the guy fawkes revolutionary, brilliant, i absoloutley love it

Also the awsomeness of Hermione3000 and her stories Stillness of the Night
and
The Choices one Makes
Old March 2nd, 2009, 5:47 am
Banned

I recently finished the comic and found it to be quite good. The movie is a disaster. The movie makes V seem like a hero. I would not call V a hero because anarchy is never the solution.

Old August 31st, 2009, 8:40 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTucker View Post
I would not call V a hero because anarchy is never the solution.
I don't know how else you would have dealt with the fascist Government in the comic book. I think Moore's point was people were like sheep and afraid to strike out, V reminded them of their own individuality and that they did not have to cower with the masses.

This is blasphemy but I have to say I like some of the things they changed for the film better than the comic book. But in my defense it was Alan Moore's first big graphic novel and he has said there were some things in need of tweaking. I liked Finch much better in the film, using him to glue up the story was a really good idea.

I'm not sure but did Moore comment he didn't mind this film adaptation too much?

I am gespatchio Oh!
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction > Comic Books & Graphic Novels