Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction > Comic Books & Graphic Novels

Tintin

Old October 6th, 2007, 2:12 am
Third Year

Tintin

Maybe people have heard of it, I dunno, but I absolutely love these comic books!

Tintin and his dog Snowy are wonderful! They're detectives who always get involved in dangerous, mysterious, and action-packed mysteries! My favorite character is the Captain, drinking whisky all the time, being funny, he's the best.

Anyone else into Tintin? Maybe it's just me, I hope I'm not a sad little loner.

-xx-
hplova

"The eyes are the window to the soul."

James was happier than he had been in a while. He laughed constantly when he was talking to her and he was always drawn into the conversation by her charming smile and her eyes – glittering gold, they were unlike anything James had ever seen. ~STOP AND STARE

Stop and Stare by me & MissProngs & Feedback ~ * ~ The Last Horcrux (Completed!) & feedback ~ * ~ Lovestruck & feedback

'Sirius Black is sexy, right?' Of course she was right. The best-looking, most rebellious, most dangerous of the four marauders.

I love Harry Potter and Twilight. It can happen without a war.
Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2007, 11:23 am
First Year

Re: Tintin

I never really read any Tintin-Comics, but I love him and his little dog!
There was an animated show at the TV when I was younger, I watched that sometimes
A few years ago, I actually took him for a homework I had to do for my arts class when we had to choose a character from a comic!
I really have to search for some of these book though, I wonder if they have any at the library?...

Old October 7th, 2007, 3:54 pm
Fourth Year

I have read a lot of Tintin comics and also seen some at TV. I have forgotten most of the plots now, though...I should do a re-reading someday, they're great comics!
There are stores that sell mostly comics, creamfish, you could see if there are any in your area.

My Dark Lord? Sorry I disturb you,
but Muggles have started catching up with us...

My Harry Potter fanart
My deviantart page
Old October 7th, 2007, 7:15 pm
First Year

It's creamfresh, but don't worry about it
Maybe I should do that, or I'll just check the newspaper, if the series is still on TV... thanks for the tip though!

Old October 8th, 2007, 9:15 am
Fourth Year

Whoops! Sorry! Things like this always happen when I get in the forums after midnight...
There must be Tintin movies in the videoclub, or at the newspapers. I hope you will be able to go at a comics' shop, it's just great! (There's a chain of such stores here called Solaris, I don't know if they started from another country...)

My Harry Potter fanart
My deviantart page

Last edited by Dancing_Blade; October 8th, 2007 at 9:20 am.
Old October 8th, 2007, 5:44 pm
She Who Walks Behind

I read most of the Tintin comics when I was younger. They were my favourite one next to Asterix and Spirou & Fantasio.

I always found Thomson & Thompson quite funny.

The End of the Dream.
Old October 8th, 2007, 9:05 pm
Fourth Year

Lucky Luke was nice, too. Not as good as Asterix or Tintin, but still...And there alre also those few comics with Umpah-pah, I don't know if you have read any.

My Harry Potter fanart
My deviantart page
Old October 18th, 2007, 8:06 pm
Sixth Year

I have all Tintin albums but for six or seven; but I've borrowed those six or seven from the library so often that I know them as well as the ones that are in my brother's room. I even have a book titled "Are you a Tintinophile?", full of questions, curious things and tests about the books.

Tintin's great, but what about the supporting characters? Captain Haddock, with the best funniest and endless collection of insults I've ever heard (I've always wanted to be able to insult like him, when the occasion deserves it); Professor Calculus (in my country, Tornasol) and his inventions (that submarine, that with-and-orange rocket!); Thomsom and Thompson (Hernández and Fernández; what can we say of them? So funny, so clumsy... and his customs!); Bianca Castafiore (I spent years looking for a record of the Jewel Song; now, every time I listen to it, I can't help laughing!)... And we can't forget Snowy (Milú): the loveliest, cleverest little dog in the world.

Which are your favourite books? Mine are King Ottokar's Sceptre, The Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure (the best look-for-a-treasure story I've read since Treasure Island), The Seven Cristal Balls (creepy, creepy), Destination Moon and Explorers on the Moon, which I think are partially guilty of my career choice...

Yes, I confess: Hello, my name is MmeBergerac and I'm a Tintinophile. I can't help it!!!!!

Old October 19th, 2007, 11:45 am
Fourth Year

Nice to see you here, MmeBergerac! Which are the albums 6 and 7? (I have always been looking only at the titles...)
I mostly like "The seven crystall balls" and "The shark island"(if I translate it well. It's the one Calculus made a machine that could make perfect, but unstable, copies of any object, and Rastapopulos-if I also translate it well-kidnapped two kids that were Tintin's friend to exchange them with the machine)

My Harry Potter fanart
My deviantart page
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:11 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Posted by Dancing_Blade:
Nice to see you here, MmeBergerac! Which are the albums 6 and 7? (I have always been looking only at the titles...)
I mostly like "The seven crystall balls" and "The shark island"(if I translate it well. It's the one Calculus made a machine that could make perfect, but unstable, copies of any object, and Rastapopulos-if I also translate it well-kidnapped two kids that were Tintin's friend to exchange them with the machine)
Ups! I think I didn't explain myself. I meant that there are six or seven Tinitin books that I don't have. Now I think of it, seven books of 23 are almost the third part, so my collection isn't as large... But I'm still a sincere fan!

The Shark Island never was my favourite. It was a bit odd... I'm more of the classic adventure: looking for pirate's treasures, flying to the moon or preventing that a nice, handsome Syldavian king is overthrown.

Old October 23rd, 2007, 3:37 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmeBergerac View Post
Ups! I think I didn't explain myself. I meant that there are six or seven Tinitin books that I don't have. Now I think of it, seven books of 23 are almost the third part, so my collection isn't as large... But I'm still a sincere fan!

The Shark Island never was my favourite. It was a bit odd... I'm more of the classic adventure: looking for pirate's treasures, flying to the moon or preventing that a nice, handsome Syldavian king is overthrown.
Oh, that's what you meant!

I don't remember neither the one with the trip to the moon not the one with the syldavian king very well. I need a revision-really, I'll do it when I go to my home town!

My Harry Potter fanart
My deviantart page
Old December 10th, 2007, 1:09 am
Fifth Year

I love Tintin!!! I've only ever watched the movies, but I still think Hergé is awesome for creating a character like that. Any teenager wishes he'd have the adventures that Tintin has with his dog But seriously, what's with the hair? O_o Orange AND with a bit going up?

Old April 20th, 2008, 3:41 pm
Sixth Year

I always loved Tintin ever since my mom introduced me too the books. My favorite character is Tintin himself, funniest character would be either Thompson and Thomson ("Precisely!"), or Calculus ("My sister?"), or Captain ("BILIONS OF BLUE BLISTERING BARNACLES!"). I also love little Snowy...

Old May 15th, 2008, 5:38 pm
Always Indy's Girl

I used to read Tintin too. I liked him a lot, but Archie comics took first place.

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Old June 12th, 2008, 10:57 am
Third Year

I love Tintin, I grew up with him and read the whole series so many times, and Astérix too. My favorite character is Captain Haddock, I love his way to insult people, it's so funny and he's so human with his alcohol problem. But Calculus (Tournesol in French), Thompson and Thomson (Dupond et Dupont) are great too.
My favorite albums are those which take place in Middle East and the Black Island (tell me if I'm wrong, I don't know the English title).

Old July 30th, 2008, 9:13 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC2456 View Post
My favorite character is Tintin himself, funniest character would be either Thompson and Thomson ("Precisely!"), or Calculus ("My sister?"), or Captain ("BILIONS OF BLUE BLISTERING BARNACLES!"). I also love little Snowy...
I love Thompson and Thompson! They're so funny! The twins in the black hats with the canes who are so clumsy and happen to end up in the same spot as Tintin all the time.

Professor Calculus is hilarious too! His forgetfulness always made me laugh.

Captain Haddock is still at the top of my favorites. The way he gets drunk and acts funny... I love that quote too! BILLIONS OF BLISTERING BARNACLES!!

Tintin's the only responsible one.

"The eyes are the window to the soul."

James was happier than he had been in a while. He laughed constantly when he was talking to her and he was always drawn into the conversation by her charming smile and her eyes – glittering gold, they were unlike anything James had ever seen. ~STOP AND STARE

Stop and Stare by me & MissProngs & Feedback ~ * ~ The Last Horcrux (Completed!) & feedback ~ * ~ Lovestruck & feedback

'Sirius Black is sexy, right?' Of course she was right. The best-looking, most rebellious, most dangerous of the four marauders.

I love Harry Potter and Twilight. It can happen without a war.
Old August 12th, 2008, 10:20 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hplova15165 View Post
Tintin's the only responsible one.
It's so true...and maybe that's why I like him a bit less than the others Haddock, T and T and Calculus ! He doesn't seem to have any flaw, he's too perfect for me .

Old October 27th, 2008, 2:34 am
Second Year

I <3 TINTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! actually, character wise, i think i like either Captain Haddock, Thompson and Thomson (did you know that one of them has a slightly more curled mustache than the other? I think it's Thompson) and Calculus much better than Tintin. (and Snowy!!)

Old October 30th, 2008, 10:18 pm
Sixth Year

I think the mustaches are the only way Herge had to say Thompson and Thomson aren't twin brothers (even so, there are lots of people who think they are).

Whenever I read The Castafiore Emerald I wonder what would have happened if Calculus had managed to date the Castafiore

Old October 1st, 2009, 11:17 am
Sixth Year

I need a bit of help: I have to prepare a project for a Graphic Design subject, and I had thought (if my teachers agree) to use Tintin's rocket. I have the plans on the book, but my problem is that there are no dimensions on it, so I have no reference about the size of the different parts. Does anyone here have a model, or could anyone tell me of any site where I can see it?

Thanks

Last edited by MmeBergerac; October 1st, 2009 at 11:25 am.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction > Comic Books & Graphic Novels