Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Ultimate Film Collection Editions etc

Old September 26th, 2012, 3:41 pm
Third Year

Re: Ultimate Film Collection Editions etc

I just saw it at my local Target, it looks pretty cool, the cover art is lenticular, it has 4 character cards and a 40 something page book that covers all 8 movies. The sad thing is both Targets I've seen it at have it laying flat so you can't see what it is, it just has the little sticker at the edge of the shelf with the price. I'm sure a lot of Potter fans won't even see it if they don't know it's coming out. I would have definitely gotten it if I hadn't already bought the Wizards Collection...heck I almost did buy it...I think I need help with my obsession

Old October 2nd, 2012, 5:56 am
First Year

Nice

I'm waiting for the box set w/all 8 movies including deleted scenes and all the extra's. I'm really hoping they come out with this around Xmas time this year....

Old October 2nd, 2012, 7:53 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steward15 View Post
I'm waiting for the box set w/all 8 movies including deleted scenes and all the extra's. I'm really hoping they come out with this around Xmas time this year....
JMO but I don't think they'll do that for awhile, at any rate not as long as they're promoting the expensive collection. I'm not waiting for a boxed set; I'll eventually buy each individual UE.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Old October 2nd, 2012, 3:00 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by steward15 View Post
I thought that is what the Wizard's Collection is. It's a boxed set with all the movies, including deleted scenes and all the extras - basically all the Ultimate Editions in one set.

If you're waiting for a version with all the deleted scenes cut into the films, then I fear you will probably be waiting a long time.

AsphodelJinx on Pottermore
Old October 2nd, 2012, 6:50 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphodel79 View Post
I thought that is what the Wizard's Collection is. It's a boxed set with all the movies, including deleted scenes and all the extras - basically all the Ultimate Editions in one set.

If you're waiting for a version with all the deleted scenes cut into the films, then I fear you will probably be waiting a long time.
The Wizard's Collection has a lot more ephemera than the UE, otherwise there would be no justification for the high price.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
Old October 11th, 2012, 11:41 am
First Year

Hey,

It doesn't seem like the final 4 ultimate editions are going to be released in Australia on either format, I have emailed WB but don't hold much hope.
I'm disappointed as I have the first 4 ultimate editions on bluray and there is no way I can afford the wizards collection as much as I want to.

I hope I don't sound like a scab but when I bought the ultimates that I own I got them for $10au each on sale at a store in Australia, cheap I know but I don't expect to get the last 4 for the same price but when looking online at places like amazon and eBay (uk and USA) I am looking at 3 times the price, especially when you include shipping.

I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of an online store/location that I may not know about in attempt to get a better deal or if someone owns them in bluray that for some reason does not want them anymore and would be happy to sell them to another fan I would be interested in that also.

Hope this doesn't sound to scabby but with a wife, baby and mortgage I'm trying to get out of this as best as possible.

I'm sorry if this has been posted before.

Cheers.

Old October 11th, 2012, 11:50 am
First Year

It looks like the Ultimate Edition for DH Part 1 and 2 are going to be released on Amazon on November 13th!

Old October 12th, 2012, 4:58 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseStrike35 View Post
It looks like the Ultimate Edition for DH Part 1 and 2 are going to be released on Amazon on November 13th!
Huh, appears to be Blu-Ray only!

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies