Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Ultimate Film Collection Editions etc

Old September 17th, 2009, 10:07 pm
Professor Emeritus

Re: Ultimate Film Collection Editions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noldus
I don't think they'll add all the deleted scenes in this collection. They'll probably save some scenes and features to a later publication.
If they don't include the deleted scenes I am not buying this set.

Cats know your every thought. They don't care, but they know.

He who dislikes a cat was in his former life a rat.

Forum Rules violators will be shredded! Read my claws!

Vocatus atque non Vocatus Deus aderit

§ Cathairetic §
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2009, 10:42 pm
Zonko's Employee

Wow, they are really milking this product and tricking the fans so many times...

I rather they waited until they created an ultimate ultimate edition rather than tempt us with half-ultimate DVD's...

The DVDs sound tempting, but I'm going to wait and see how good they are. If they are just the ABC Family editions, I probably won't buy them since I have the ABC versions recorded on my DVR.

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Old September 17th, 2009, 11:29 pm
Second Year

AWESOME We're finally getting extended editions! Great news

Old September 18th, 2009, 12:35 am
Seventh Year

Obviously these aren't "ultimate" editions, but that word is always a misnomer anyway (I lost count of how many ultimate editions there have been of Terminator 2 and the Evil Dead movies), but these releases do sound really very good, better than I'd expected: an 8-part documentary, new featurettes, two versions of the films, screen tests, it's tempting alright. (Also, it's very smart of WB to include a DVD with the 3-disc Blu-ray set - Disney's currently doing the same and I wish more studios would.)

Old September 18th, 2009, 10:45 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops View Post
Obviously these aren't "ultimate" editions, but that word is always a misnomer anyway (I lost count of how many ultimate editions there have been of Terminator 2 and the Evil Dead movies), but these releases do sound really very good, better than I'd expected: an 8-part documentary, new featurettes, two versions of the films, screen tests, it's tempting alright. (Also, it's very smart of WB to include a DVD with the 3-disc Blu-ray set - Disney's currently doing the same and I wish more studios would.)
Yep, definitely. There are a LOT of special features and it is tempting, but I've made up my mind to wait until the films are completely finished and buy the whole box set. One reason simply being that I don't have a blu-ray player yet but expect I will by 2012. The other being that from the description of how much footage is added for the extended editions I can tell that it's likely just the ABC Family versions.

I'm holding out for "never before seen" footage I'm confused as to what all these "deleted scenes" listings are though (see underlined)

Quote:
Sorcerer's Stone:

DISC 1: Theatrical Version
DISC 2: Extended Version with 7 Minutes of Footage Not Shown in Theatres.
DISC 3:
- Diagon Alley
- Tour the Gryffindor Common Room, Harry's Room and the Great Hall - Welcome to the self-guided tour of Hogwarts, home of witches and wizards in training, and take in the sights.
- Classrooms:
- Defense Against the Dark Arts; Spells and Charms; Potions; Transfiguration; Third Floor Corridor; Deleted Scenes.
- Sorting Hat
- Library
- Gallery of Art & Architecture
- Hogwarts Yearbook
- Guide to Ghosts - Discover the many marvelous and mysterious ghosts of Hogwarts.
- Hogwarts Grounds
- Quaffle and Bludger - Get a lesson from Oliver Wood on how to play Quidditch.
- Tour Hagrid's Hut - Welcome to the self-guided tour of Hagrid's Hut, home of Rubeus Hagrid, the Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts, and his faithful companion, Fang.
- Extra Credit
- Interview - Capturing the Stone: A Conversation with the Filmmakers - Director Chris Columbus, Producer David Heyman, Screenwriter
Steve Kloves and Production Designer Stuart Craig talk about casting and bringing the novel to life.
DISC 4:
- Introduction by Daniel Radcliffe - An introduction to the many special features for the Harry Potter films [NEW]
- Creating the World of Harry Potter, Part 1: The Magic Begins - Discover the story of how one vision for the Harry Potter films came together out of limitless possibilities to create the visual world we have come to know and love. [NEW]
- A Glimpse Into the World of Harry Potter 2001 International TV Special
- Deleted Scenes
- Trailers and TV Spots
DISC 5
- Digital Copy of Theatrical Film
- In-Movie Experience with Director Chris Columbus: An interactive viewer experience where the entire film is examined; includes PiP, Storyboard Comparisons, Still Galleries (Blu-ray only)
- WB Maximum Movie Mode picture-in-picture programming, cast walk-ons, focus points, graphics and more. (Blu-ray only)
- BD Live with access to worldwide events, special guest participants, community features and more. (Blu-ray only)
Quote:
Chamber of Secrets:

DISC 1: Theatrical Version
DISC 2: Extended Version with 13 Minutes of Footage Not Shown in Theatres.
DISC 3:
- Deleted Scenes
- Lockhart's Classroom
- Photo Gallery
- Certificates - Have a look at Gilderoy Lockhart's many achievements.
- Required Reading - Find out what text books you'll need for Lockhart's Defense Against the Dark Arts class.
- Extra Credit
- Behind Hogwarts
- A Conversation with J.K. Rowling and Steve Kloves - The author and screenwriter detail how the books are brought to life, and the changes that happen in the process.
- Dumbledore's Office
- Build a Scene - Building a scene as magnificent as Professor Dumbledore's office takes more than wood, plaster, nails and paint. It takes imagination.
- Tour Dumbledore's Office - Welcome to the self-guided tour of Professor Dumbledore's office, one of the most fascinating rooms at Hogwarts.
- Interviews with Students, Professors and More
- Students - What would you ask the cast, if you could? Put yourself in the interview chair as the stars answer questions about making the film.
- Professors and More - Enjoy personal moments with the professors and others as they discuss their characters: Prof. Gilderoy Lockhart, Lucius Malfoy, Prof. Pomona Sprout, Molly Weasley, Arthur Weasley, Prof. Albus Dumbledore, Rubeus Hagrid, Prof. Severus Snape, Uncle Vernon Dursley, Aunt Petunia Dursley, Argus Filch, Prof. Minerva McGonagall.
- Gallery of Production Sketches
- Activities
- The Chamber Challenge [Game]
- Tour the Chamber of Secrets - What are you doing here? This place isn't safe. Begin your journey down the dark corridor for the self-guided tour of the Chamber of Secrets.
- The Forbidden Forest Challenge [Game]
- Colin's Darkroom
- Tour Diagon Alley - Welcome to the self-guided tour of Diagon Alley, where you can find all your supplies for the school year. Explore the many shops, such as Flourish & Blotts and the Magical Menagerie.
- Spellcaster Knowledge Challenge [Game]
- EA Game Preview
DISC 4:
- Creating the World of Harry Potter, Part 2: Characters - Explore how the cast and creative team of directors and designers take the characters' descriptions on the page to the actors' performances on film. [NEW]
- Screen Tests of Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson [NEW]
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Revealed - 2002 HBO First Look special
- Trailers and TV Spots
Disc 5: Digital Copy of Theatrical Film
- In-Movie Experience with Director Chris Columbus: An interactive viewer experience where the entire film is examined; includes PiP, Storyboard Comparisons, Still Galleries (Blu-ray only)
- WB Maximum Movie Mode picture-in-picture programming, cast walk-ons, focus points, graphics and more. (Blu-ray only)
- BD Live with access to worldwide events, special guest participants, community features and more. (Blu-ray only)
You guys think those are gonna be NEW deleted scenes that were not included on the DVD's previously or are they simply the deleted scenes that are being reinserted into the movie for the extended edition...but like so you have the option of viewing them seperately?

I just hope to God we don't have to go through a stupid game again like on the SS/PS DVD to access the deleted scenes, so annoying

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; September 18th, 2009 at 10:48 am.
Old September 18th, 2009, 3:43 pm
Fourth Year

Mmmm there were collector's edition out at the release of OotP DVD, and now other ones for the release of HBP...I'm waiting until DHWWMM DVD is out.

Old September 19th, 2009, 12:34 am
Second Year

I still doubt that these extended editions will contain any "never-before-seen footage"; the back of the packaging only states that it includes "footage not shown in theatres", which could easily mean that Warner Bros inserted some of the deleted scenes from the two-disk edition into the finished film (note my use of the word "some": I am certain that there was more than thirteen minutes of deleted scenes on the second disk of the first Chamber of Secrets DVD).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
I'm confused as to what all these "deleted scenes" listings are though.
Based upon the other special features listed before these "deleted scenes", it appears that these third disks are merely the second disks of the previous DVD releases; both have exactly the same features.

Last edited by Sesquipedalian; September 19th, 2009 at 12:39 am.
Old September 19th, 2009, 1:38 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesquipedalian View Post
I still doubt that these extended editions will contain any "never-before-seen footage"; the back of the packaging only states that it includes "footage not shown in theatres", which could easily mean that Warner Bros inserted some of the deleted scenes from the two-disk edition into the finished film (note my use of the word "some": I am certain that there was more than thirteen minutes of deleted scenes on the second disk of the first Chamber of Secrets DVD).
Actually there are 13 minutes of deleted scenes on Chamber (someone on Fanedit.org reinserted the deleted scenes of all the Potter films back into the film. Sorcerer's Stone was 7 minutes (like mentioned on the packaging of the UE) and Chamber was 13.

Here's a trailer for the Ultimate Editions from Yahoo.com:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1802813191/video/15629849

Looks great! Can't wait to buy them.

Old September 19th, 2009, 2:10 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesquipedalian View Post

Based upon the other special features listed before these "deleted scenes", it appears that these third disks are merely the second disks of the previous DVD releases; both have exactly the same features.
Right, which is why I am waiting till the series is complete and they release versions that actually do have "never before-seen footage"

Like the person above me noted, it was indeed only 7 and 13 minutes respectively. So these are merely the ABC Family versions available for purchase. Which is pretty cool, but not good enough. Not for me to rush out and buy em at least. I'm guessing there will be better.

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!
Old September 19th, 2009, 3:31 pm
Second Year

A new trailer, advertising the releases of the upcoming Ultimate Editions, has arisen on the Internet: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1802813191/video/15629849.

As I have previously stated, it appears that these extended editions are merely the deleted scenes from the first DVD release reinserted into the final film, though the special features do look intriguing. Despite my dislike for him, Chris Columbus's comments sound interesting, and I do love what happens at 1:16 or thereabouts. Poor Michael!

In addition, this trailer confirms the Ultimate releases of films three through eight, as well. I would definitely consider purchasing Ultimate Editions of Prisoner of Azkaban through Half-Blood Prince.

Last edited by Sesquipedalian; September 19th, 2009 at 3:34 pm.
Old September 20th, 2009, 6:28 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

The trailer is fun to watch at least.

"It may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair."
~ Severus Snape, OotP movie

Severus Snape ~ Bloomsbury Books Favorite HP Character

Severmore ~ NEW Harry Potter Network ~ LJ Dungeon
Old September 23rd, 2009, 12:56 am
Third Year

Hi, I'm new here so I hope this is the right place to post this...Amazon has the first 2 Ultimate collections up for pre-sell. This is the link to the regular DVD version of the Sorcerer's Stone, you can link to the Chamber of Secrets from there. You can find them here. They have a great pre-sell price

Old September 23rd, 2009, 6:14 am
Second Year

When I first heard about this, I was hesitant but seeing the trailer changed my mind. I'm now saving to but ALL of those.

Old September 25th, 2009, 5:42 pm
Second Year

Anyone see the thumbnail pic of the whole Ultimate Edition collection of films 1-8? You can see the color scheme of each film and it seems like they match the book covers. Awesome

Old September 25th, 2009, 9:27 pm
Second Year

Only 7 minutes of extended footage? I probably will buy those two when they go down in price just for the interviews and such. Really Looking forward to Prisoner coming out though!

Old October 15th, 2009, 4:37 am
Banned

I have a friend who has an Amazon Prime account and he's been ordering things for me. If you order the Ultimate Editions and choose two-day shipping, you will receive them on release day. Since Amazon Prime is free two-day shipping on all items, you'll get the sets on release day. Because he has been doing this for me, I am actually considering buying them. If I do purchase them, I'll write reviews on the extended cuts of the films and the extras.

Old October 16th, 2009, 5:26 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberEight View Post
I have a friend who has an Amazon Prime account and he's been ordering things for me. If you order the Ultimate Editions and choose two-day shipping, you will receive them on release day. Since Amazon Prime is free two-day shipping on all items, you'll get the sets on release day. Because he has been doing this for me, I am actually considering buying them. If I do purchase them, I'll write reviews on the extended cuts of the films and the extras.
That's how I always order from Amazon and it's great to receive the item on the day of release without having to select 1-day shipping. Definitely recommended this buying method.

Old November 11th, 2009, 9:15 pm
Sixth Year

Future Ultimate Collector's Edtions

Well, with the PS and CoS Ultimate Collector's Editions coming out in less than a month, I was wondering, what will the others be like? I hope they all come with extended editions (maybe even unseen deleted scenes). For OotP, I would love to see the Battle of the Ministry in its entirety. Oh how I yearn to see Sirius and Bellatrix duel. The extended edition of PoA is shown on ABC Family in the US, so it will probably be the same as that. But what about the others? Do you think they will just plug in the deleted scenes we already have, or put in new ones? What features do you expect to be on them?

“These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this, to our citizenry: WE, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry, remains, strong!”
Old November 11th, 2009, 11:03 pm
First Year

Re: Future Ultimate Collector's Edtions

I suspect they'll just put the deleted scenes back in the movie. Then after all eight boxes are released they will hopefully want to earn more money and therefore put some unseen scenes on some NEW boxes... and THEN we will finally see Rik Mayall as Peeves (like we were promised 10 years ago!!!!)

Old November 12th, 2009, 1:24 am
Third Year

Re: Future Ultimate Collector's Edtions

i hope so id love to have a whole harry potters collection of books and movies but i really wanna see pet peeves

Harry, you wonderful boy, you brave, brave man.
R.I.P.

Their daring, nerve and chivalry set Gryffindors apart.
Proud Gryffindor

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies