Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Naruto

Old June 20th, 2005, 7:04 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius_Potter
I'm a huge Naruto fan, and a SasuSaku fan :::Awaits angry roar of SasuNaru fans:::
Nothing wrong with that. Just on another board, I was mentioning pairings from Naruto I liked...
Quote:
Anyway, pairings I do like are:

Shikamaru x Temari: It'd be so nice and ironic on Shikamaru's part.

Kiba x Hinata: Adorable!! And Kiba really does seem like he cares about her.

Chouji x Ino: I only semi-like this because of the irony behind it on Ino's side.

Sasuke x Sakura: I hate to admit it, but I do like this pairing. Even though it is a bit one-sided, Sasuke does seem to have a softspot for her. That aside, at least he considered her a good friend.

On Sakura's part, I feel that her crush on Sasuke is no longer superficial, like say, Ino's fangirl-ways towards him. Sakura, as well as Naruto, literally knows Sasuke now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronium
Dattebayo is Anbu or one of the other groups that stopped, They started a new group because the old group does not do licensed anime
I wasn't going on about the actual subbing, I literally meant, "What do they know, thinking ep 101 wasn't funny." lol That aside, I never knew that.

Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2005, 6:18 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPMegafan
I've only heard about the American Naruto anime coming this fall.
Is it slated for release this fall? I'll probably try and catch a few episodes of it, though I probably wont watch it as often as I did Fullmetal Alchemist.

I just watched episode 125. *shivers* I have a new respect for puppeteers...and possibly a new phobia of them as well. I cannot wait to see Gaara back in action in the next episode.

I'm also currently downloading the movie through Bittorrent. (Or, Bittrickle as it really is...) Was it any good, or as anyone else even seen it?

Old June 21st, 2005, 2:49 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qeomash
Is it slated for release this fall? I'll probably try and catch a few episodes of it, though I probably wont watch it as often as I did Fullmetal Alchemist.

I just watched episode 125. *shivers* I have a new respect for puppeteers...and possibly a new phobia of them as well. I cannot wait to see Gaara back in action in the next episode.

I'm also currently downloading the movie through Bittorrent. (Or, Bittrickle as it really is...) Was it any good, or as anyone else even seen it?
Yeah, it's coming out this fall to Cartoon Network's Toonami. I'm not sure about the time that it'll be on though.

Old June 21st, 2005, 7:26 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

My friend and I were joking about name changes (mispronunciations) and attack name changes. I don't think Naruto'll have any, but it's still fun to joke about.

Old June 21st, 2005, 9:31 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qeomash
The movie was pretty good. The mini-movie before the actual movie was a little desturbing but funny if you have a sick sense of humor.

"Life without a friend is like death without a witness." Spanish proverb
Old June 22nd, 2005, 2:29 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mireille
The movie was pretty good. The mini-movie before the actual movie was a little desturbing but funny if you have a sick sense of humor.
In a spoiler, mind sharing what the mini-movie was about, and what was so disturbingly funny about it?

Old June 22nd, 2005, 2:50 am
Seventh Year

I hope the mini movie is included in this download... Because, yes, I do have a rather sick sense of humor.

Old June 22nd, 2005, 3:55 am
Sixth Year

Because it was asked about. Spoilers will cover the mini movie.

Spoiler: show
The cast of Naruto are competing in a relay race for a week's worth of paid vacation. Unfortunately for Naruto, he has the runs and cannot get to the bathroom. Every time that he tries, someone takes him away. Ino carts him off to the next relay, Shino keeps him from the stall, and Sasuke gets revenge, if you want to call it that. The end is just disturbing. Actually, the whole thing is, but funny if you have a sick sense of humor.

Old June 23rd, 2005, 2:49 am
Fourth Year

I liked the movie but my experience was ruined since I read the manga version first

Old June 23rd, 2005, 2:50 am
Seventh Year

I looked at the first few random seconds of the movie and...*sigh*...my copy doesn't have the short. Oh well. I'll watch the entire movie tomorrow. And then continue on with regular episode watching.

Old June 23rd, 2005, 6:49 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis_Fowl
Hey anyone here watch Naruto? i watch it and man it just keeps getting awesome. I am on episode 107 right now.

For people who don't know what Naruto is, here is a little summary (from narutofan.com):

The Naruto Anime series centers itself around The Hidden Leaf Villages number one abnoxious ninja, Uzumaki Naruto. Naruto has high goals in life, his dream is to become the Villages Hokage, which is the number one Ninja in the village. However, this will not be an easy goal for Naruto.

He has an Evil Demon Fox sealed inside of him, The Demon Fox once terrorized the village and killed many people before the 4th Hokage sealed it inside the belly of a new born child.

Most of the people in the village can not look past that, and do not like Naruto at all. The Hokage made it a rule that no child should know about Naruto having the Demon Fox inside of him, as they would hate him to. Unfortunately, because of the attitude their parents have towards Naruto, the children to look at him with frighteningly cold eyes. It is because of this that Naruto wants to earn the villages respect by becoming Hokage, then, everyone will finally recognize that he is Uzumaki Naruto!

Accompanying Naruto on his journey to become Hokage are his rival Uchiha Sasuke, the girl he has a crush on Haruno Sakura and his Jounin Sensei, Hatake Kakashi. They will all have to go through tough, emotional and heart breaking obstacles to become the best!

And some pics:

Naruto (main character):

The demon inside him:

Anyone else watch this anime?
Read Shonen jump, it is way better, they edit it on cartoon network

Old June 23rd, 2005, 6:11 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Magician
Read Shonen jump, it is way better, they edit it on cartoon network
How can it be editted on CN if CN hasn't even started showing it yet (to my knowledge).

Old June 23rd, 2005, 6:51 pm
Seventh Year

I just finished watching the movie. Definitly good. I even went so far as to rig my laptop into the TV and watch it! I hope Dattebayo finishes the second movie soon, too!

And, on another note, episode 140 has been released by Dattebayo.

Old June 24th, 2005, 5:07 am
Fourth Year

the second movie has not even been made yet, it comes out sometime in august and the dvd will then come out sometime in april/may 2006 and thats the version that gets subbed

Old June 24th, 2005, 6:40 am
Seventh Year

I'm sad now. Nobody is seeding the pre movie short over bittorent. I don't care what others think of it, I want to see it and pass judgement myself!

Edit: nevermind. Someone started seeding in the night and the download finished before I even got up. Unlike dattebayou, I found the short rather funny. Especially the ending.

Last edited by Qeomash; June 24th, 2005 at 6:49 pm.
Old June 26th, 2005, 10:13 am
First Year

I've discovered Naruto in begin May and after a marathon I'm now completely up to date on both the anime and the manga. I like the fact that all these characters differ so much that it isn't hard too remember (most of) them.

What I don't like is the fact it's licensed. They're gonna cut stuff out, dub the voices and most annoyingly creating another hype among countless 12 year olds, making it less cool for the people who were fans before the hype. (It's starts getting childish)

As for shipping I like
Naruto/Hinata. They're so cute together.
Sasuke/Sakura. Depending on what will happen.
Sakura/Rock Lee.
Shikamaru/Temari. You've gotta love this one:
So you get talked down by a woman and your just walking away?
I'm not a woman.
No but your not a man either, you're just a coward.

Anyway Naruto is a great Manga/Anime a good mix between action, humor and most importantly it still has a heart.

manga
Spoiler: show
they won't let the Kazekage die will they, he still has unfinished business with Naruto.

Don't spoil the HBP or I'll send this frog after you.
Make sure you're not spoiled by avoiding forums and other comment options until you've read the HBP.

Proud Member of the A.S.A. and the N.L.A.S

Proud R/HR and H/G shipper
Old June 26th, 2005, 8:46 pm
Seventh Year

I dunno...as I'm running low on new episodes (3 left! :'( ), I may have to download and read the Manga.

How close are they in plot? Or is it like normal where they start off close then go off in very different directions?

Old June 26th, 2005, 10:00 pm
Fourth Year

the anime stays really close to the manga but they throw in filler episodes to let the manga stay ahead of them, like the episodes you are or will be watching, cant remember what episode it starts.

Old June 26th, 2005, 10:12 pm
Sixth Year

Unveiling Kakashi's face and Tsunade in the hokage outfit aren't in the manga. Those are about the only things that the manga doesn't have. Other then that, it's pretty close with the anime.

Old June 27th, 2005, 1:27 am
Seventh Year

I didn't think she wore the Hokage outfit in the Anime...

Yeah, I'll have to download them.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime