Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Naruto

Old April 22nd, 2007, 1:37 am
Seventh Year

Re: Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
But the person who killed his clan, is still alive. It's understandable why he would want to kill him. It's just like a Samurai movie or a ninja movie or western, where the main character wants to avenge his family because someone did away with them. It's instinct. It's like Kurapika of Hunter x Hunter. His character is pretty much like that. He's after the group who massacred his clan, and he was the only one left.

To have Sasuke not react in some way, is definitely unrealistic for the type of series this is.

That aside, I thought that Sasuke only left to gain more power, to defeat his brother and was using Orochimaru (manga).
Spoiler: show
Doesn't he end up defeating Orochimaru since he turns on him?
Basicly Sasuke considers Orochimaru to no longer be of any use to him since there's nothing left to teach sasuke, so sasuke in a very cold and brutal fashion kills Orochimaru.

Old April 22nd, 2007, 5:10 pm
Hogsmeade's Worst Icon Maker

In the comics, there are 14 English volumes with 15 and 16 on their way, right?

I loved last night's episode: Roar, Chidori! Brother vs. Brother!

I wish they were all available on DVD!

Old April 22nd, 2007, 7:02 pm
Fourth Year

Hahaha
DJ put it nicely... he completely OWNS orochimaru... but i refuse to believe that he's really dead.. it would have been the most pointless thing ever...

Yah the episode where naruto and sasuke fight was definately one of the best episodes to date

Old April 22nd, 2007, 7:26 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrics hollow View Post
Hahaha
DJ put it nicely... he completely OWNS orochimaru... but i refuse to believe that he's really dead.. it would have been the most pointless thing ever...

Yah the episode where naruto and sasuke fight was definately one of the best episodes to date

I agree. I suspect Orochimaru is just acclamating himself to Sasuke and will eventually take over.

That was a great episode, especially since Sasuke was so frustrated by how much naruto had grown at that point, and technically Naruto was far stronger. He didn't even summon any frogs.

Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:51 am
Fourth Year

I hated the latest manga chapter... just everything about it was stupid

Old April 25th, 2007, 10:33 pm
Second Year

Shippuden anyone...?

I am finding out that maybe I was wrong
That I've fallen down and I can't do this alone

Stay with me, this is what I need, please?

Sing us a song and we'll sing it back to you
We could sing our own but what would it be without you?

Old April 25th, 2007, 11:03 pm
Seventh Year

Well as I've said, I really don't like this whole sasuke arc. Its just not doing that much. Its just Karin all going googly eyed over Sasuke, and them getting people which seems to be taking forever. It was yet another episode without naruto at all. Thankfully the spoiler for this week seems more promising.

Shippuden rocks. I've yet to be disappointed with a single episode. Well maybe of the one where Naruto used Kajuu kagebushin and they were all wiped out by Kakashi. But otherwise it's been fantastic.

Old April 26th, 2007, 2:22 am
Fourth Year

Meh ive given up on shippuden... it ceases to excite me... the manga killed me a bit inside. Like sure the episodes now are so much cooler and smoother and everything than before... but yah knowing whats going to happen takes away 90% of the enjoyment from it. RIP naruto anime...

Old April 27th, 2007, 4:08 am
Second Year

Yay Naruto i love it, I only watch the episodes either on toonami or the japanese subs on the computer, the only thing is that sometimes the episodes get to dragged out

Old April 27th, 2007, 6:39 am
Seventh Year

They do get a bit dragged out with shippuden, but they do it so well. They add in filler thats really good and fills in the gaps that the manga can do fairly regularly. And this last episode was also really really good. But I just want some really good action, particularly with naruto. Bleach is fortunate enough to have the main character be involved with about every fight, but in naruto he really does any fighting.

Old April 27th, 2007, 6:07 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDJ View Post
They do get a bit dragged out with shippuden, but they do it so well. They add in filler thats really good and fills in the gaps that the manga can do fairly regularly. And this last episode was also really really good. But I just want some really good action, particularly with naruto. Bleach is fortunate enough to have the main character be involved with about every fight, but in naruto he really does any fighting.
I personally prefer it that way. I get sick of seeing the main character fight all the time, hence my main gripe with Bleach.

Old April 27th, 2007, 9:51 pm
Fourth Year

the reason they don't make naruto fight often, is cause hes extremely weak.. ichigo is a high up on fighting even without his hollow, naruto is nothing without the kyuubi. People would get bored of watching the main character lose fight after fight, and they can't make him win all of the fights because it doesn't work with what they are trying to do. So they just simplify it by not making him fight too often

Manga discussion:

anyone know the significance of the word "Hebi" ?? there has to be a reason behind the choice of it

Last edited by godrics hollow; April 27th, 2007 at 10:00 pm.
Old April 27th, 2007, 10:50 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrics hollow View Post
the reason they don't make naruto fight often, is cause hes extremely weak.. ichigo is a high up on fighting even without his hollow, naruto is nothing without the kyuubi. People would get bored of watching the main character lose fight after fight, and they can't make him win all of the fights because it doesn't work with what they are trying to do. So they just simplify it by not making him fight too often

Manga discussion:

anyone know the significance of the word "Hebi" ?? there has to be a reason behind the choice of it
Wow. You give sasuke fans a bad name right now. Aside from the final fight with sasuke, when has naruto ever lost? And alot of those fights Naruto won by himself without the kyuubi chakra. And against Kiba, he was even weakened by the seal orochimaru put on him. In the fight against gaara, naruto summoned the boss frog using his own chakra, not the kyuubis. He only used enough kyuubi chakra to punch gaara, that was all.
And thats the whole point of the manga now is that Naruto is becoming the strongest ninja in the world in spite of the kyuubi, not because of it.

Old April 28th, 2007, 7:49 pm
Fourth Year

im not a sasuke fan so the top of your post made no sense and what i meant was the fights he doesnt fight.... obviously he wins the ones he does. But the fact that he doesnt fight so much, is if he did fight some of those fights, hed be losing left right and center...

and its pointless that he has a godlike technique now... why?.. cause it rips him to shreds also

Old April 30th, 2007, 8:28 pm
Hogsmeade's Worst Icon Maker

I started watching the English dubbed version of Naruto. Now I can get a lot of the episodes in Japanese with English subtitles for less than the English dubbed versions. How does watching the Japanese version with English subtitles compare? I know some people have said it is better to watch with the original dialog, but I don't want the reading to take away from enjoying the animation. Thanks for your input - I really appreciate it!

Old April 30th, 2007, 10:08 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Personally, I don't like the dub version much at all from the little I have seen. I hate the voicing, mostly. If I'm not mistaken, I also think that it's edited. I know when the series first started, I watched the first episode to see what it was like, and blood and such was conspicuously absent whenever someone got stabbed or hurt or something. I'm not sure if this is still the case now.

Naruto's "Believe it" is annoying too, even though for the original, he has the tendency to add "dattebayo" to pretty much everything, but hearing Takeuchi Junko say that doesn't bother me.

Old May 1st, 2007, 1:53 am
Fourth Year

what Jup says is true. The Japanese is MUCH better, and eventually you get used to it and it doesnt take from the anime at all.

Old May 1st, 2007, 2:28 am
Seventh Year

Well admittedly the english version is starting to get....managable. I wouldn't say good, but its not earsplitting like it was during the beginning.

Sorry godric if you're not a sasuke fan, I'm just used to the sasuke fans being the ones who put naruto down. Thats why I made that assumpion. So, sorry about that.

But still, now you're not making sense. He wins the fights he does fight, but wouldn't the fights he doesn't fight? When has he ever turned down a fight? Aside from his fight against Sasuke and in retrospect the one against orochimaru, he hasn't lost a fight, especially where he was relying on his own power. He defeated an insanely powerful akatsuki member which kakashi couldn't have held his own if he didn't have a team. Kakashi himself already said that Naruto is now stronger than him.

I do think though that naruto in the upcoming chapters will start using various wind techniques since he did finish his wind training and has 20 years worth of forming wind element forms. Sort of like the defensive use of FR. This will be where Naruto is tested to see if he's become as a whole more powerful because of his training instead of just developing his one technique. Which I also think the reason why its only half complete is because Naruto will finish completing it so it won't be able to hurt himself. Or worst case scenario he could use a clone to use the technique so it wouldn't hurt his real body.

Old May 4th, 2007, 10:05 pm
Second Year

Long time no see.......

I've watched shippuuden episode 12 and I must say it's really good. I was surprised because I expected they'll try and drag it out, but it was quite opposite. they did good job on Kisame and Chio-baasama. Also I feel so sorry for Naruto. I forgot those chapters from manga about biju thing. You can see how much Naruto's suffered. Anuway, can't wait for next week to come, meaning thursday. I hate golden week...........

manga spoiler

And Sasuke named his team Snake......rofl Soooooo funny. He's funny guy. And when I remember his big talk to Oro about snakes and how lame Oro is. And finally some panels of Naruto. I missed him, after couple of chapters of sasuke I got tired. Juugo's excuse for comming is stupid but w/e. Karin is like another preskip Sakura (thanks God Sakura's changed, I love her). Suigetsu is the only one I can live with. Hihihihih I like his goal no matter what Karin says. Sasuke, well he's Sasuke, but he's boring. I think we had enough of Sasuke hyping we can go back to team Kakashi. So.......who do you think Naruto'll take for Itachi hunt? I think or hope Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi and Yamato or Jiraiya, nut I know Sai will go.

art not by me so all credits to someone very talented/don't know name

Quote:
If my arms get ripped off, I'll just kick him to death.

If my legs get ripped off, I'll just bite him to death.

If my head gets ripped off, I'll just stare him to death.

And if my eyes get ripped out, I'll just curse him to death.
Old May 5th, 2007, 12:29 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedaway View Post
Long time no see.......

I've watched shippuuden episode 12 and I must say it's really good. I was surprised because I expected they'll try and drag it out, but it was quite opposite. they did good job on Kisame and Chio-baasama. Also I feel so sorry for Naruto. I forgot those chapters from manga about biju thing. You can see how much Naruto's suffered. Anuway, can't wait for next week to come, meaning thursday. I hate golden week...........

manga spoiler

And Sasuke named his team Snake......rofl Soooooo funny. He's funny guy. And when I remember his big talk to Oro about snakes and how lame Oro is. And finally some panels of Naruto. I missed him, after couple of chapters of sasuke I got tired. Juugo's excuse for comming is stupid but w/e. Karin is like another preskip Sakura (thanks God Sakura's changed, I love her). Suigetsu is the only one I can live with. Hihihihih I like his goal no matter what Karin says. Sasuke, well he's Sasuke, but he's boring. I think we had enough of Sasuke hyping we can go back to team Kakashi. So.......who do you think Naruto'll take for Itachi hunt? I think or hope Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi and Yamato or Jiraiya, nut I know Sai will go.
Yaay Spirited! Finally someone else who is sick of all the sasuke stuff.

I also loved Shippuden 12. They really nailed down the emotions in the series and make it really touching, including things like the bond between siblings with Temari telling Kankurou that she'll get their brother back. I can't wait to see Itachi next week fighting them!!! I also like btw how the rescue squad included the girl that was Gaara's student, a nice little touch.

So I think Jiraiya will definitely be in the group hunting Itachi, since its been a while since he's done anything, and he was shown in the office of Tsunade when Naruto declared the team formation. Kakashi definitely, along with Sakura. So I guess that'd make the four man team...although yamato needs to come just to keep the nine tail from getting out of control.
I agree, I don't like Karin at all. She might be cool once she shows off her abilities but still....she's just a sasuke fangirl. Juugo isn't really all that compelling atm, but Suigetsu I predict will be a fan favorite with alot of people doing cosplay of him just like they do with Zabuza. And yeah I'm also fine with his reasoning of collecting all the swords as well.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime