Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Pottermore v.11

Old March 26th, 2012, 11:15 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: Pottermore v.11

I swear some of my potions ingredients that I collected are missing--haven't brewed any potions to use them up. Worse though is that ALL my favorites are gone!

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2012, 11:21 pm
Seventh Year

OK - my profile is back and so are all my friends on that page, but when i click on friends it still shows only 20.

I'm thinking this is all a short-term glitch and will be fixed within a day or two.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, After all this time?
And I will say, Always.
- source unknown
Old March 27th, 2012, 12:23 am
Ron's Pygmy Puff

I haven't signed in in a long time, but these postings prompted me to do so. Don't really feel like doing much, but maybe I'll come back tomorrow for some dueling and potion making.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old March 27th, 2012, 1:18 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryLore View Post
I went from almost 200 friends down to 20. I know it wasn't due to inactive accounts - one of those removed is in the Ravenclaw top 20 for house points and used to post here. And I still can't view my profile page.
It also put me down to 20 friends.....which is weird and makes me wonder if it moved everyone down to having 20 friends.

It deleted you from my friends list which is shocking really. At least I think it deleted you since I certainly don't see you anywhere on my list anymore.

I also for sure lost house points that I earned earlier today, about 60 of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapes_witch View Post
I swear some of my potions ingredients that I collected are missing--haven't brewed any potions to use them up. Worse though is that ALL my favorites are gone!
I just checked my favourites and ALL of mine are gone too!

Wow....they didn't just update the site....they deleted a lot of saved info from people's accounts it seems. Really annoying. It's like it crashed and got lost somehow in the process because I doubt they deleted that stuff intentionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryLore View Post
OK - my profile is back and so are all my friends on that page, but when i click on friends it still shows only 20.

I'm thinking this is all a short-term glitch and will be fixed within a day or two.
Okay I hope you are right because I don't see all of my friends showing up when I go into the wizard's duel section even....over to the side where all your friends are listed in there....I only see about 20 people.

Last edited by Kathleen Malfoy; March 27th, 2012 at 1:22 am.
Old March 27th, 2012, 2:14 am
Second Year

This is strange...earlier, when I checked my profile, it said I still had all my friends, but now it's been reduced to 20.

This is annoying. I wonder if they're going to try to enforce the "only friend people you know" rule? If so, I know more than 20 people on PM, and the people they deleted seem very random. I've lost pretty much everyone from COS and all but one person who I know IRL. But the fact that it was still listing everyone earlier makes me wonder if they'll have a backup and it'll be restored (as my other stuff was?)

Either way, it's quite annoying; I suppose we'll know within the next few days as to what sticks and what doesn't. Everyone I've spoken with has been reduced to 20 friends - and it's not even the first 20 friends that were made, from the looks of it. I'm able to collect things now, at least, and there's less Magenta Screen of Doom.

It is, however, super-annoying that the sound level seems to be set very high and there's no option to turn it down or off. I know people wanted sound, but at least on my survey I pointed out there needed to be a way to manage volume levels or to turn off effects. If there's not, I'm mostly going to be navigating Pottermore with my headphones off and far, far away from my head.

BronzeDragon111 on Pottermore
BronzeDragon on COS, HPANA, and tumblr
Wand: Elder with dragon heartstring, 13'', hard
Ravenclaw on both COS and Pottermore!
Old March 27th, 2012, 2:19 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronzeDragon View Post
This is strange...earlier, when I checked my profile, it said I still had all my friends, but now it's been reduced to 20.

This is annoying. I wonder if they're going to try to enforce the "only friend people you know" rule? If so, I know more than 20 people on PM, and the people they deleted seem very random. I've lost pretty much everyone from COS and all but one person who I know IRL. But the fact that it was still listing everyone earlier makes me wonder if they'll have a backup and it'll be restored (as my other stuff was?)

Either way, it's quite annoying; I suppose we'll know within the next few days as to what sticks and what doesn't. Everyone I've spoken with has been reduced to 20 friends - and it's not even the first 20 friends that were made, from the looks of it. I'm able to collect things now, at least, and there's less Magenta Screen of Doom.

It is, however, super-annoying that the sound level seems to be set very high and there's no option to turn it down or off. I know people wanted sound, but at least on my survey I pointed out there needed to be a way to manage volume levels or to turn off effects. If there's not, I'm mostly going to be navigating Pottermore with my headphones off and far, far away from my head.
It would honestly be very strange for them to enforce "friend only people you know" considering that you can't in any way actually talk to other people on the site so I don't see how it seems dangerous for little kids to friend people they don't know on the site. o_O

Old March 27th, 2012, 2:31 am
Inconceivable!

I had written down how many points I had and my list of potions that I had brewed before they closed it for the most recent repairs. All my potions and my potion ingredients all still there. My dueling points are the same. I have 19 more overall points than before, though.

My favorites are back, my trunk is full, I still have the same amount of galleons as before, too. My friends are listed as 145, which is probably what it was, but it only shows 20. I think the friends will come back, too.

The first time I clicked on things, they sometimes weren't there. But the second time, they magically appeared again. I have a feeling things will start coming back.

What I am most curious about is whether they will start us back from zero when the site opens to the public in April, or if they will leave things as they are. I know that I would certainly appreciate some more galleons. I can't afford to buy some of the more expensive ingredients or cauldrons because my money is running out.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old March 27th, 2012, 12:23 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

They have opened the shop: http://shop.pottermore.com/en_GB

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer
Old March 27th, 2012, 3:04 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
I had written down how many points I had and my list of potions that I had brewed before they closed it for the most recent repairs. All my potions and my potion ingredients all still there. My dueling points are the same. I have 19 more overall points than before, though.

My favorites are back, my trunk is full, I still have the same amount of galleons as before, too. My friends are listed as 145, which is probably what it was, but it only shows 20. I think the friends will come back, too.

The first time I clicked on things, they sometimes weren't there. But the second time, they magically appeared again. I have a feeling things will start coming back.

What I am most curious about is whether they will start us back from zero when the site opens to the public in April, or if they will leave things as they are. I know that I would certainly appreciate some more galleons. I can't afford to buy some of the more expensive ingredients or cauldrons because my money is running out.
I've been hoping that they'd implement a feature that would allow you to sell brewed Potions (to a store in Diagon Alley, since there's no demand otherwise) for more than it cost to make them. That would replenish brewers' Galleons and enable them to either purchase new things as new books/shops come up, and would give them sufficient funds to replace the occasional exploded cauldron. I would think that a larger profit margin on the more difficult potions would be appropriate.

I can see them either leaving things as they are for a public opening and waiting for CoS to open before they set back the points, or leaving it as-is. I do expect massive beta tester unhappiness if they reset the points to zero before opening without awarding a Beta House Cup.

Interestingly enough, the shop is now open, but that final lock on the Pottermore screen is still locked (at least on my screen - I should note that my friends count is still at 20.) Can anyone confirm if that's the case for them? (If so, that's interesting - I really thought the shop would be that lock. If it's not...could that be Hogsmeade, then? Or a way to access Quidditch, once they make that into a game?)

BronzeDragon111 on Pottermore
BronzeDragon on COS, HPANA, and tumblr
Wand: Elder with dragon heartstring, 13'', hard
Ravenclaw on both COS and Pottermore!
Old March 27th, 2012, 3:40 pm
Second Year

I think it is locked for everyone. In the original screen shots of Pottermore (the ones released to the press), it was very clear that the final lock (next to Diagon Alley) was The Pottermore Shop. Maybe they've changed it? Or perhaps they just haven't set up the link yet....

Old March 27th, 2012, 3:46 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Malfoy View Post
It deleted you from my friends list which is shocking really. At least I think it deleted you since I certainly don't see you anywhere on my list anymore.
No big deal. Either they'll return all of our friends, or if they make everyone only have 20 (everyone seems to just have 20 now) I'll delete someone I don't know and re-add you.

I also still have the list of collectable goodies, and I know others who've lost things like Chocolate Frog Cards. I can re-post the list if Pottermore doesn't return everything. Worse case scenario, as long as I can re-collect them, I can send them to people.

It's possible Pottermore is getting ready to wipe everything down to zero, except user names, and we get to / have to re-find it all again. In a way, this is fair, since new people joining the site get points for finding items. And I'd LOVE to have my galleons back. And maybe they've changed some questions on the sorting hat quiz, and we get a question relating to the house we want / don't want? It looks to me like the graphic for the sorting hat moment has changed, but I could be wrong.

All of this is nothing but speculation, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronzeDragon View Post

Interestingly enough, the shop is now open, but that final lock on the Pottermore screen is still locked (at least on my screen - I should note that my friends count is still at 20.) Can anyone confirm if that's the case for them? (If so, that's interesting - I really thought the shop would be that lock. If it's not...could that be Hogsmeade, then? Or a way to access Quidditch, once they make that into a game?)
My wild, "glass is half empty" guess? They need the money. And instead of stressing the site with people joining to only buy e-books, they're currently trying to attract, as new members, people who primarily want to join Pottermore itself. And, if the books don't sell well, Pottermore may be closing down in a year or so, since Sony has a new CEO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphodel79 View Post
I think it is locked for everyone. In the original screen shots of Pottermore (the ones released to the press), it was very clear that the final lock (next to Diagon Alley) was The Pottermore Shop.
I agree. I saw it, too.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
And I will say, Always.
- source unknown

Last edited by MerryLore; March 27th, 2012 at 4:44 pm.
Old March 27th, 2012, 4:00 pm
Second Year

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they wiped the points once the Beta is over. I just hope we will be able to keep our houses/wands/usernames. I also think it would be nice if they did award a Beta House Cup as a reward for our hard work testing the site.

Old March 27th, 2012, 4:19 pm
First Year

I just noticed there is a link to the Pottermore shop in Pottermore. Only it is now at the end of each chapter.

Wand: Laurel with unicorn core, twelve and a quarter inches, slightly springy

House: Hufflepuff

Ilvermorny House: Pukwudgie
Old March 27th, 2012, 4:26 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velva View Post
I just noticed there is a link to the Pottermore shop in Pottermore. Only it is now at the end of each chapter.
I see the link on the left, in each chapter, above where it lists the moments for that chapter.

I can now move through the site with ease and no delays, but sill only have 20 friends. I think they're starting to repair everything.

And I will say, Always.
- source unknown
Old March 27th, 2012, 7:40 pm
First Year

PROBLEM ALERT! Someone please help!

I am extremely frustrated right now because I think I am the only person in the world who cannot download the ebooks. Currently I don't think I'm actually going to buy one yet, but the idea that I can't if I wanted to is bothering me.

This is what is happening. I go to the Pottermore shop either directly or through Barnesandnoble.com. Everything seems perfectly fine. I click on the ebook I want to buy and add it to my basket. Again, no problem. But then I actually go into my basket with hopes of checking out. Here comes the problem. The page displaying my basket is not formatted like the rest of the site (it's hard to actually describe, but it's just the writing basically), and there aren't any images. The button to checkout is still there, so the first time I went I didn't get too concerned. But when I click the button to checkout, I get a "this page cannot be displayed" message. Originally I thought maybe the site was busy, but this is obviously not the problem, because my dad, on a different computer, had no issues. I have no idea what is going on here, because it doesn't sound like anybody else has had issues.

I'm hoping someone who knows more about computers than me or who might have an idea of what the problem could be will help me out. Like I said, this is really bothering me now.

"But he understood at last what Dumbledore had been trying to tell him. It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew - and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents - that there was all the difference in the world."
Old March 27th, 2012, 9:48 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterFan417 View Post

This is what is happening. I go to the Pottermore shop either directly or through Barnesandnoble.com. Everything seems perfectly fine. I click on the ebook I want to buy and add it to my basket. Again, no problem. But then I actually go into my basket with hopes of checking out. Here comes the problem. The page displaying my basket is not formatted like the rest of the site (it's hard to actually describe, but it's just the writing basically), and there aren't any images. The button to checkout is still there, so the first time I went I didn't get too concerned. But when I click the button to checkout, I get a "this page cannot be displayed" message. Originally I thought maybe the site was busy, but this is obviously not the problem, because my dad, on a different computer, had no issues. I have no idea what is going on here, because it doesn't sound like anybody else has had issues.
After checking a few places, including other forums, this is all I could find:

Quote:
We are aware there is an intermittent problem with Internet Explorer 7 and 8, meaning some people are having difficulty creating Pottermore Shop accounts and are encountering broken links. We are working to fix this issue as soon as possible. In the meantime, by using an alternative browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox, you should be unaffected.
http://insider.pottermore.com/p/pott...ml#shopqueries

If this doesn't work and you're a member of Pottermore, the only thing I know to suggest is to send feedback:

Help -> Other -> What's next? -> Need more help?

And I will say, Always.
- source unknown
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:07 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
They have opened the shop: http://shop.pottermore.com/en_GB
Ebooks and audio books available! I don't have a burning need to buy them right now, but maybe before the next trip I take (I don't know when that will be) I'll purchase them. I'm a cheapskate, so just wanting them desperately isn't enough to get me to buy them.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old March 28th, 2012, 2:29 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Whoop-dee-do! I can now practice all the spells; perhaps eventually I'll be able to duel!

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Old March 28th, 2012, 2:37 am
First Year

Nice to see everything is working again and I am really looking forward to going through the moments again and check out the sound effects.

I was going to buy an audiobook or two but for some reason I was not expecting them to be as expensive as they are. I also don't particularly care for the reader. I may end up buying one just as a show of support though.

Old March 28th, 2012, 9:58 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

My favorite new sound, and I can't believe it's in there ...

SPOILERS!!!

Spoiler: show
When you zoom in three times on Voldemort and the Unicorn in the forbidden forest and all you can hear is Quirrelmort slurping the unicorn blood. There's nothing else in the scene - that has to be what it is. Whoever decided to add that sound is a flippin' genius.

"It may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair."
~ Severus Snape, OotP movie

Severus Snape ~ Bloomsbury Books Favorite HP Character

Severmore ~ NEW Harry Potter Network ~ LJ Dungeon

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References