Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.

View Poll Results: Which "new" characters are you most excited to see on the big screen?
Xenophilius Lovegood 50 38.17%
Rufus Scrimgeour 51 38.93%
Bill Weasley 48 36.64%
Aberforth 42 32.06%
Mundungus Fletcher 15 11.45%
Yaxley 13 9.92%
Bathilda Bagshot 16 12.21%
The Gringotts Dragon 32 24.43%
Other 11 8.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:33 pm
Second Year

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
I want to know why Hermione is holding the sword when they are captured.
Haha yeah strange, she could stab someone with it, you think they would disarm her.

Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:36 pm
Second Year

Quote:
I want to know why Hermione is holding the sword when they are captured
really?? was that in a review??

There's only one small planet where to be, so I'm always gonna be your neighbour
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:37 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberEight View Post
Does that really matter?
It does matter. That's the reason Bellatrix decides to torture her, because the Snatchers (in the book) discovered the sword inside the tent, so Bellatrix thought they had entered to her Gringott's vault.

And the sword it's not like something she just happened to be hanging arround with... or running through the forest, while being chased, holding it high

"You said to us once before that there was time to turn
back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?"
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:38 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberEight View Post
Why can't people ignore the books and then judge the films? It's a different medium. I want someone to tell me what makes more sense: comparing everything to the books, ultimately getting angered because something was cut or added, or watching it without any bias and judging things from a filmmaking perspective.
I am ignoring the books. I'm concerned about the film as a film. It sounds rushed and that it doesn't have any narrative arc to it. Things aren't explained at all (Sirius's mirror). I mean if they weren't going to even acknowledge the mirror, why did they even keep it in? It makes no sense at all and it has nothing to do with staying true to the book. I don't care how they explain the mirror, just explain it in some way or cut it out altogether. I am surprised that they didn't beef up the Malfoy Manor scene to be a climax but you know what? I think I get it now. During the filming, the split-point was meant to be before Malfoy Manor after the big new snatcher chase. So perhaps Malfoy Manor is short and rushed because it was meant to be the beginning of the second film. They decided to go back to their original idea of splitting after Malfoy Manor in post-production.

As you say, Meesha, since they cut out Harry's desire for the Hallows and finally getting over it after Dobby's death, they removed a narrative arc from part 1 so now it's just a bunch of action scenes thrown together.

About the characterizations, they have never really been completely accurate to the books so it doesn't jar or surprise me much at all. At this point I care more about the films staying consistent within themselves as a film series.

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:38 pm
Registered Animagus

Yeah i think it was the leaky one. Hermione has the sword and that is why Bellatrix tortures her which is what happens in the book. Bellatrix is afraid that the trio have been in her vault. Maybe Bellatrix just pulls it out of the beaded bag. Who knows?

PS. I am just talking about the film also. It needs to make sense.

Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:43 pm
Sixth Year

Just listened to the mini Pottercast, and... the Dobby Kreacher scene sounds AMAZING! I can't wait to see Dobby's little beatie eyes again. I hope it is a long scene though!

“These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this, to our citizenry: WE, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry, remains, strong!”
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:46 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack5555 View Post
Just listened to the mini Pottercast, and... the Dobby Kreacher scene sounds AMAZING! I can't wait to see Dobby's little beatie eyes again. I hope it is a long scene though!
I can't wait to see how real he looks I still consider he was good CGI back in Chamber of Secrets.

Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:46 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Yeah i think it was the leaky one. Hermione has the sword and that is why Bellatrix tortures her which is what happens in the book. Bellatrix is afraid that the trio have been in her vault. Maybe Bellatrix just pulls it out of the beaded bag. Who knows?

PS. I am just talking about the film also. It needs to make sense
oh, this is what I want to hear.......that makes sense,really...
Thank you.......

There's only one small planet where to be, so I'm always gonna be your neighbour
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:47 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack5555 View Post
I'm listening to it too and it does sound very well-done! It was an ingenious and inspired idea to have Dobby and Kreacher work together to get Mundungus. It makes up for them cutting Elf Tails from HBP, it establishes Dobby AND Kreacher's character at once (specifically with such a contrast between the two in terms of personalities), it shows how wonderful Dobby is especially compared to Kreacher at the same time as moving the plot forward with them capturing Mundungus and it sounds like a fun, inventive, interesting and cinematic scene as well. It's economical and brilliant.

So many scenes sound very good. How they did The Three Brothers story was inspired as well and Ron's gradual disenfranchisement with the mission sounds well set-up and developed and the scene where he leaves sounds like an acting masterpiece. As does his return in the Silver Doe. They said how the film makes it surprising and heroic when they reveal it is Ron who is saving Harry from the lake. The Ministry/Magic is Might/Umbridge scenes sound frighting and the Nazi parallels are strongly, strongly implied. Bellatrix torturing Hermione sounds like the darkest moment ever with the curse and the whip and the knives and the carving of mudlbood in her arm and Hermione fainting..god, it's almost too much.

So yeah, there is a balance between things sounding meh and things sounding amazing.

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Last edited by MasterOfDeath; August 22nd, 2010 at 10:52 pm.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:48 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmGirl27 View Post
Young Lily looks great! Although I feel awkward that everyone seems to be looking forward to the Princes Tale a lot. Remember, the films main focus has always been the trio. I know the Princes Tale will be great, but don't set yourself up for disappointment. Typically, these things are dramatically shortened in the movies. I know you could argue that because of the split, more time could be given to it, but it's not completely likely either. I think the sequence will go by quite fast (not nearly as fast as Snapes Worst Memory though, because that would just be an insult to Alan Rickman after all he's done over the years setting up Snape/Lily). So don't cross your fingers, IMO.
After reading and hearing the comments lately from Dan Radcliffe and David Heyman about Snape's character, I'm not that worried anymore. I think Severus will get his due in the last movie.

David Heyman's Comments About Snape Here

Dan Radcliffe: See my signature ~ and more Here

Dan Speaking of the Prince's Tale Scenes: One of the key scenes in the series happens in this room (Dumbledore's Office), where towards the end of ['Deathly Hallows'], Harry learns something about Snape's past in relation to him, and that takes place in this room. In fact, actually, it takes place pretty much here," he said, motioning to where he was standing (as if he has his head in Pensieve). "And that is kind of pretty much possibly the key scene in the series, you might say. There's a certain argument for that."

About Snape's Death Scene with more HERE

From Production Designer Stuart Craig: "The last time I cried was a few days ago when we filmed the death of Alan Rickman's character, Snape. It's quite difficult to cry in rushes -- where we watch the previous day's work -- but he is an extraordinary actor and he dies an extremely good death."

"It may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair."
~ Severus Snape, OotP movie

Severus Snape ~ Bloomsbury Books Favorite HP Character

Severmore ~ NEW Harry Potter Network ~ LJ Dungeon

Last edited by silver ink pot; August 22nd, 2010 at 10:51 pm.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:49 pm
Third Year

Yeah, they cut out Harry's obsession for the Hallows, hence his decision to go for the Horcruxes over the Hallows. So Dobby's death will have no meaning at all for the story, it will be just like the deaths at the end of the previous films...

Dobby's death was important because it pushed Harry back to earth, it showed him that he needed to concentrate on the Horcruxes in order to defeat Voldemort, and it made him to get over the Hallows. This decision would have added much more power to the film, making a strong end for Part 1, and setting a promising Part 2.

And I'm worrying about the film as film, not just as a book adaptation.

"You said to us once before that there was time to turn
back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?"
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:53 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Mado View Post
oh, this is what I want to hear.......that makes sense,really...
Thank you.......
It is just mentioned in passing that Hermione has the sword. I don't know anymore then that.

PS. I think they could easily just have Bellatrix riffle through Hermione's bag. That would be fine with me. I was just wonder out loud how Bellatrix finds the sword. It seems like a reasonable question.

Last edited by decarus; August 22nd, 2010 at 10:55 pm.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:14 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
I want to know why Hermione is holding the sword when they are captured.
Why does that even matter?

~ A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:21 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred_Memories View Post
Why does that even matter?
It doesnt make sense is what he means i think...i mean why would she be running away from the snatchers carrying the sword, how does she have it when they're captured?

"The Boy Who Lived Is Almost Here"

I've Been Sorted and I am a very proud Gryffindor!
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:22 pm
Registered Animagus

I don't understand your question. I am not asking why it mattered. I am just asking what happens in the film. Why is she holding the sword? Does she try to attack someone with it? Does Bellatrix take it from the beaded bag?

The sword is the connection to Gringotts. Harry realizes that Bellatrix was afraid that they were in her vault. He realizes that there is a horcrux in her vault. That is why Hermione would be holding the sword.

Are you asking why it is necessary that she be holding the sword? That is the reason that Bellatrix tortures her. To get information about where they got the sword. We know that is in. The test screeners said it and we have photos of Griphook with the sword.

Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:24 pm
Third Year

I don't know how I feel about Harry's obsession over the Hallows being cut out of the film. When Dobby dies, it made him realise that he should stop obsessing over the Hallows, and focus on the Horcruxes. So I'm a bit iffy over this.

But most thing I've heard sounds amazing. I'm excited for Malfoy's manor the most. It seems like they're going all out for the torture. I was shocked to hear about Bellatrix carving "Mudblood" into Hermione's arm. It actually sounds a bit disturbing. But I'm happy they're not holding back.

Vincent Van Gogh: Hold my hand, Doctor. Try to see what I see. We're so lucky we're still alive to see this beautiful world. Look at the sky. It's not dark and black, without character. The black is in fact deep blue. And over there, lighter blue. And blue and through the blueness and the blackness, the wind swirling through the air. And then shining, burning, bursting through through the stars. And you see how they throw their light. Everywhere we look, complex magic of nature blazes before our eyes.

The Doctor: I've seen many things, my friend, but you're right. Nothing... quite as wonderful as the things you see.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:29 pm
Seventh Year

Weve still got the opening of part 2 at shell cottage where Harry tLks about hallows with ollivanders as we saw in the preview from the hbp dvd

POTTERMORE USERNAME: FelicisNimbus168
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME ON POTTERMORE PLEASE OWL ME HERE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:33 pm
Fifth Year

I'm guessing they'll have the conversation where Harry realizes his cloak is a hallow and what's in the Snitch at Xenophilius's house. Then the whole Snatcher thing will start.

Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:34 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhaps View Post
I'm very glad they are using animation to tell the Tale of the Three Brothers... I suggested that a while ago and I'm very happy they went for it!!! Also, everybody says it was well done!
It sounds cool. I'm happy they didn't cut it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Princess View Post
I don't know how I feel about Harry's obsession over the Hallows being cut out of the film. When Dobby dies, it made him realise that he should stop obsessing over the Hallows, and focus on the Horcruxes. So I'm a bit iffy over this.
I think it should be in the film. I don't get why they cut it.

Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:43 pm
Seventh Year

They better include Ron and Hermione falling asleep holding hands as they have removed every other Ron/Hermione moment.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References