Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Veronica Mars - TV

Old June 29th, 2005, 7:48 pm
Fifth Year

Okay, more news, in TV Guide, they did a small update on VM, here's the gist, there will be two new females characters, a trophy wife and an African-American student who befriend V, also they will be playing up the Logan/Veronica/Duncan triangle, also it is either Duncan or Logan at the door. I'm so disappointed I was hoping it was someone else, like Wallace after all she needs a friend after the ordeal she just went through. They said they are only making a few tweaks but nothing that hurt the integrity of the show. What do you guys think?

Joker: They don't make straitjackets like they used to... I should know. - Batman: The Animated Series
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2005, 11:46 pm
Fifth Year

Yes darkflame, it will DEFINATLY ruin the show. UPN needs to smarten up, get a clue and quit trying to stamp VM into the ground.

Some more (bitter-sweet) news from TV Guide.....

Quote:
Ausiello: OK, which do you want first ó the good news, the bad news or the really bad news? The good news? OK. Warner Bros. is putting out Veronica Mars: The Complete First Season. Now for the bad news: It drops Oct. 11 ó three weeks after Season 2 debuts. And now for the really bad news: The extras kinda-sorta blow. In addition to the never-before-seen alternate pilot, all you'll get are some deleted scenes and bloopers. So why is a cool show like Mars being so cheap on the bonus features? Allow exec producer Rob Thomas ó aka The Coolest TV Producer on the Planet (Next to J.J. Abrams) ó to explain:

"This is kind of a sad story. A couple of months ago, Warner Home Video gave us an option. They said, 'If you wanna do it up right with the bells and whistles and the commentaries, we can release it in January '06. If you wanna just get it down and dirty and just get the episodes out and do a few bloopers and some deleted scenes, we can get that out before the season starts.' Well, [exec producer] Joel [Silver] and I talked about it and we felt it was important to get the DVD out before the season started. That way, people who didn't watch it last year can catch up. So we made the decision to go with the early release ó without the bells and whistles. We were hoping for the second week of September since we're returning in the third or fourth week of September. Anyway, they just told us [the DVD] is going to be out the second week of October, and it's because The O.C. and Desperate Housewives are coming out in September, and they just didn't want to fight that battle. But now I feel like we didn't get either of the things we wanted: We don't have the bells and whistles and we're not coming out before the season started. I'm not happy about that." Me neither. Sigh...
They have the potential for a great big huge cult-like following show..... And they ruin it! ARGH! I was totally planning on getting this and then forcing my friends to watch it, so they can become as addicted as I am, and start watching the 2nd season all excited. But now I can't. Because Warner Brothers is a bunch of stupid doo-doo heads (Oh, Big Shocker there!). Andlike seriously, there would be some kind of battle between all those tv shows on dvd? How completely moronic are they? Obviously, if people WANT a show on dvd, they will buy it. That makes no sense. I'd really like to kick these people somewhere right now...

Anyways.... TV Shows on DVD has the potential coverart here...

Veronica Mars DVD Info

Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch, Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul
Not to put too fine a point on it.. Say Iím the only bee in your bonnet!
Old July 2nd, 2005, 12:56 am
Fifth Year

Actually I understand their logic, ( hold on, wait, don't throw the monitor at me, what did it ever do to you?) what they wanted was for VM to have no competition, so it would stand out all by it's lonesome and wouldn't get buried under the O.C. and Lost and Desperate Housewives. But, they realized with all the competition out there, it might lose some of the hype, that they wanted for it. They believe in the show, heck, they put up an Emmy Campaign for Kristen Bell, which is very expensive. But, unfortunately they didn't count on every other studio (even their own) to jump on the "let's get them before the season starts bandwagon." What they probably wanted to do was slip in an advertisement with the O.C., you know use the popularity of that show to get people in, but all people will talk about is Lost and DH, in September, they didn't want that, and they didn't want VM, to get lost so they pushed it back, if Lost, DH and the O.C. could have been released in August, I believe they would have put VM out in September, but it's one on top of the other, like Dominos, they didn't want it to get lost. But at least it's an earlier Christmas Present. I know it doesn't make up for September, but still it's something.

Joker: They don't make straitjackets like they used to... I should know. - Batman: The Animated Series
Old July 11th, 2005, 2:42 am
Fifth Year

Hey all, sorry if I made anyone upset about my post. I'm just trying to see both sides of the issue, that's just the way I am. Any who, I just got finished watching a "Clash of the Tritons" rerun, I noticed something, or at least remembered something, a question, they never did clarify what the whole Weevil, Lilly Kane thing was. I'm just wondering what everyone thinks. Weevil is the only character I don't a get certain vibe about, you know, one that is definite. I mean Logan is sarcastic and can be sweet, but we know him, as we know Wallace, and we know Donut, so what do we really know about Weevil. Even going to his house, we don't really get a vibe from him. What is he hiding? What do you think? And yes, Veronica Mars is smarter than me.

Old July 11th, 2005, 7:33 am
Fifth Year

I've only seen like 3 of the later episodes, so I really can't answer that. But he DOES do favours for Veronica, protects her AND sticks up for Lilly... he doesn't even seem to have any hard feelings at all over them not being together.

And I wasn't offended by your post, I just happen to disagree with you.

And Amazon.com (but not yet Amazon.ca) has Veronica Mars ready for pre-order on October 11. So much for them emailing when it was available *grumble*

Old July 11th, 2005, 2:27 pm
Fifth Year

Cool, I know, but I think he does like her. But, by the end of the season, we still don't know anything about Weevil, except what we're given, nothing is clarified with him. I hope he's not the one to die. I haven't looked up the release date, with all the dvds coming out, to many, it's so overwhelming. OT, you like Inuyasha? I love Inuyasha, who's your favorite character. I know here in the U.S the third movie comes out in September. I can't wait for that. But soon HBP, will be out can the days go by any faster? Okay, back on topic, I hope they release a sort of special addition of the first season with all the bells and whistles that should satisfy fans that they get the option of both. Which episodes have you seen?

Old July 18th, 2005, 8:15 am
First Year

I love the show too, and Veronica Mars as a bird isn't too bad looking either...

Old July 18th, 2005, 1:59 pm
Fifth Year

Wairay, more people, yeah. Okay, all guess what. Steve Guttenberg (spelling?) and Charisma Carpenter ( a.k.a. Cordelia on BtVS and Angel) are joining the VM, cast for next season. Yeah, I can't wait to see new episodes.

Old July 18th, 2005, 3:13 pm
Fifth Year

Ha, I read that too.... I was so totally against the whole 'sexy step mom thing', then I read about Cordelia joining and I was like.... 'Oh, well thats okay then'. I felt quite sheepish

Old July 18th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Fifth Year

I know how you feel, I was reluctant to accept new characters but, now I'm all for it, just so long as they don't go all crazy and cut out some of my favs. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us next season. I hope we get to see more Mac, I thought she was great. Okay, another update. It seems next season we will have four separate things going on. Something seems to have happened between Weevil and Logan during the Season Finale. Also, the new mystery is big. It involves either murder or murders or death or deaths. Still not clear on which one it is. Also, Leo will be back, but not for long, maybe one or two episodes. That's it for now. Also, I don't like the Emmy's they didn't give a nod to VM or Kristen Bell .

Last edited by darkflame626; July 31st, 2005 at 1:07 am.
Old August 7th, 2005, 7:42 am
Second Year

the thread needs a new topic it's slow it needs help I won't go as far as saying it's dying but come on

Old August 7th, 2005, 7:21 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysgurl923
the thread needs a new topic it's slow it needs help I won't go as far as saying it's dying but come on
How about these topics: Whom would you love to see guest star on VM? Also, what are you looking forward to the most this season? And what you would like to see in the future on VM?

I would love to see Seth Green guest star and a big name star, not sure who, but someone big. And as far as the new season goes, I'm looking forward to the new mysteries and how Veronica handles herself, now that she's solved Lilly's murder. I would also love it, if in the future they dealt with one villain, that can match wits with Veronica, someone worthy of her snakiness and smarts.

Old August 7th, 2005, 9:11 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Well, its not like new episodes are playing.....

Anyways, I watched Ruskie Business last week, I hadn't seen that episode before. It was so sad! I was so upset. Its kind of a jerky thing for Duncan to do... go after pretty much his Ex's ONLY female friend.... *grumble* And Betty & Veronica is one of my fav episodes (but I had a friend over and she didn't want to even TRY watching it... SIGH!)

Hey Darkflame, I agree, anytime Seth Green guests, its a treat! But I don't really like the whole 'nemisis' thing. I just find it gets kinda boring. Like Glory on BTVS

Old August 8th, 2005, 2:41 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkflame626
How about these topics: Whom would you love to see guest star on VM? Also, what are you looking forward to the most this season? And what you would like to see in the future on VM?

I would love to see Seth Green guest star and a big name star, not sure who, but someone big. And as far as the new season goes, I'm looking forward to the new mysteries and how Veronica handles herself, now that she's solved Lilly's murder. I would also love it, if in the future they dealt with one villain, that can match wits with Veronica, someone worthy of her snakiness and smarts.
a big name star playing a character or himself/herself?

Old August 8th, 2005, 3:15 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
a big name star playing a character or himself/herself?
Playing either themselves or a character is cool. Just as long as they don't dominate the episode. I just got finished re-watching Betty and Veronica. I really don't like Veronica's mom.

Old August 8th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Fifth Year

I've heard this show was good for the longest time, but never watched it. Then a few days ago I was really bored and flipping channels it was the only thing on so I decided to watch it. Now I'm really excited to see more.

"We'll hold hands and skip afterwards." -Jess from Gilmore Girls

"Put your gun back in your pants, Sawyer" -Kate

"But why is the rum gone?" -Captain Jack

"I don't know what kind of commie sharefest you're running up there in cavetown..." -Sawyer

"Is there anyway I can get this off my fingers quickly without betraying my cool exterior?" - Fox Mulder

Oh Captain Jack, you've swashbuckled your way into my heart.
Old August 9th, 2005, 3:15 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachblossom
I've heard this show was good for the longest time, but never watched it. Then a few days ago I was really bored and flipping channels it was the only thing on so I decided to watch it. Now I'm really excited to see more.
Yeah, I think alot of people happened upon it that way. I know I thought it looked really really stupid, and then I flipped to it bored one night. Hopefully more people can convert over!

In Canada, they have already moved it, from Thursday Night @ 8, to SUNDAY at 5..... for that stupid reality show The Law firm. But luckily, I think it sucked, because VM is back!

Just out of curiousity, is anyone shipping? and if so, who? (and HEY, whatever happened to Wallace's g/f from that Wrath of Con episode? Georgia?)

Old August 9th, 2005, 8:20 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taleeya
Yeah, I think alot of people happened upon it that way. I know I thought it looked really really stupid, and then I flipped to it bored one night. Hopefully more people can convert over!

In Canada, they have already moved it, from Thursday Night @ 8, to SUNDAY at 5..... for that stupid reality show The Law firm. But luckily, I think it sucked, because VM is back!

Just out of curiousity, is anyone shipping? and if so, who? (and HEY, whatever happened to Wallace's g/f from that Wrath of Con episode? Georgia?)
minor Veronica/Leo shipper

I didn't stumble on it the people on UPN say it was like Buffy so I gave it a try

Old August 9th, 2005, 4:44 pm
Fifth Year

I'm not sure what happened to Georgia, perhaps that didn't pan out. I know he's going to get a girlfriend in the new season. I'm probably in the minority but I like Veronica and Weevil. I prefer Veronica and Logan to have a love hate relationship. I like them together and apart. I also like Wallace's mom and Veronica's dad. They are so cute together. I just hope Veronica's mom doesn't come back and ruin that.

Old August 10th, 2005, 3:14 am
Fifth Year

I really like Leo and everything....But Veronica didn't really treat him that great. He is soo cute and sweet tho!

I kinda like LoVe.... Logan just reminds me of all my ex boyfriends... the good ones and the bad

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television