Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Veronica Mars - TV

Old June 1st, 2005, 3:31 am
Fifth Year

Veronica Mars - TV

Bored one night, I happened upon a new TV show... it had looked really lame in the preview advertising, so I had never watched it. Anyways, the show was pretty cool. And its renewed for next season! Now I so can't wait until they announce a Season 1 DVD release.

So does anyone else watch this show? In Canada, CTV is going to show the First Season. They started on Monday and the next episode is on Thursday, so you might want to check it out if you haven't seen it!

Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch, Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul
Not to put too fine a point on it.. Say I知 the only bee in your bonnet!
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2005, 10:06 pm
Fifth Year

I'm not alone . I love that show. I have watched it from the debut till the season finale and loved every second of it. How can you not love Veronica Mars? Ever notice on the show how they have to say her whole name? Which is your favorite character other than Veronica? Mine is Weevil, you just never really know what's going on with him. I like your signature where is that from?

Old June 21st, 2005, 2:16 am
Fifth Year

Hooray! Someone else!!! I keep trying to convert all my friends, but they don't even want to give the show a chance! I think I like Logan, because he reminds me of most of my ex boyfriends.....
I am like obsessed with the show now... its so gooood!

Weevil is cool tho, but its hard to believe he is the kid from A Simple Wish. I can't wait for the DVD's, they are supposed to come out in September. I will devote a whole weekend to watching them from begining to end (I will just try to keep busy during the Paris Hilton episode... her acting is physically painful to watch... and she plays a rich -something- .... how hard of a stretch was that??).

P.S. The signature is from an old 80's cartoon called Willo the Wisp. You can even catch an episode if you go here.... http://www.willothewisp.co.uk/

Old June 22nd, 2005, 6:55 pm
Fifth Year

Hey,
I love your new signature. Have you heard the rumors about next season, word has it that they might kill some off. Not in the beginning, but close to there. Kristin, from Watch With Kristin ( is her named spelled correctly?), she said that it was a character equal to Logan, I'm not sure how she worded it but in other words it was someone as popular, I guess, as Logan. I'm thinking Duncan, the story line with him and Veronica has sort of run it's course don't you think? I mean we know everything now, so what he's going to be mad Veronica sent his dad and mom ( I think she would go too, since she lied.) to jail? I'm not so sure. I hope it's not Weevil or Wallace she needs them both. I'll post more later.

Old June 23rd, 2005, 4:31 am
Fifth Year

Here is from Yahoo! Entertainment News:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://tv.yahoo.com/news/w/20050604/111787452000_1.html
Veronica Mars: According to sources close to the show, Veronica's second-season pickup came with a suggestion: that producers try to pull in a broader audience closer in demographics to its new time-slot partner on UPN, America's Next Top Model. To do so, the idea was that Veronica should get a female companion, hopefully with a "name" (rumor has it they tossed around the name Tara Reid--though I choose not to believe that), an older love interest and, here comes the hard part, that producers scale back two characters close to Veronica (meaning, they won't be in every episode), and write off a third.

Hope you're sitting down. Because sources in the know tell me someone is getting killed off of Veronica Mars six episodes into the new season. And who it is will rip your heart into itty-bitty pieces.

Though I'm tempted to name this dead man walking so you can write in letters to help save this beloved character and actor, I've been promised a slow, torturous death inside a burning refrigerator if I do, for it will spoil a major upcoming plot point. Hmph.

So, I can only issue this plea to the Powers That Be: Please, if at all possible, do your best not to tinker with the core relationships and core identity of this show. Those of us who have followed and adored Veronica Mars from the very beginning know the trick is not in making this show "better" (it's already creative genius) or "more mainstream" (Kristen Bell is as universally likable as chocolate), but in simply getting the word out. Sure, that isn't easy, but we have mouths. We'll help!

UGH! Tara Reid? For Real? I don't think I would watch it anymore! I can't stand her... It was hard enough making it through Where Credit is Due because of Paris Hilton.... Veronica doesn't need a sidekick-friend! Mac is like a million times cooler than any Tara Reid character would be..... (Tina Majorino rocks!). I certainly don't want to be considered part of the "America's Next Top Model" watcher demographic..... ugh! Way to take a show that is slowly starting to get a major following.... and then take EVERYTHING great about it away! I get the Duncan thing tho, what good is he? He could just turn into that character from Ally McBeal.... (first loves can be like that) and I don't want to see Veronica all distracted and heartbroken. and older love intrest? Like who, Sheriff Lamb?! Well... Deputy Leo was pretty hot tho...

Old June 23rd, 2005, 6:57 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taleeya
Hooray! Someone else!!! I keep trying to convert all my friends, but they don't even want to give the show a chance! I think I like Logan, because he reminds me of most of my ex boyfriends.....
I am like obsessed with the show now... its so gooood!

Weevil is cool tho, but its hard to believe he is the kid from A Simple Wish. I can't wait for the DVD's, they are supposed to come out in September. I will devote a whole weekend to watching them from begining to end (I will just try to keep busy during the Paris Hilton episode... her acting is physically painful to watch... and she plays a rich -something- .... how hard of a stretch was that??).

P.S. The signature is from an old 80's cartoon called Willo the Wisp. You can even catch an episode if you go here.... http://www.willothewisp.co.uk/
when was Paris Hilton ever on veronica Mars?

Old June 23rd, 2005, 8:01 am
Fifth Year

She was on the second episode (Where Credit is Due) as Caitlin Ford, a girlfriend of Logan's. She was REALLY bad....

Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:28 pm
Second Year

Quote:
She was on the second episode (Where Credit is Due) as Caitlin Ford, a girlfriend of Logan's. She was REALLY bad....
I think I blocked that out

Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:50 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysgurl923
I think I blocked that out
Yes, for the safety of your sanity, that's probably a good idea I am still trying to forget!

Old June 24th, 2005, 2:34 am
Second Year

there's only one episode I missed because the cable was out I think is was Weapons Of Class Destruction

Last edited by harrysgurl923; June 24th, 2005 at 2:40 am.
Old June 24th, 2005, 3:07 pm
Fifth Year

I didn't block out that episode, I just ignored Paris Hilton, like I normally do when they mention her or she talks. I hope Tara Reid, isn't the friend, I like Mac, I think she's cool and it would be perfect if they featured her more. I also hope they don't bring back Leo as a love interest, I think it would be odd that she dumped him and they get back together, so soon after the whole Logan, blow up. I think with all the things going on Veronica needs to hang out with Wallace, Mac, Backup, and her Dad and just let everything sink in and then maybe take a stab at love but not now! So how do you guys feel about Wallace's mom and Veronica's dad I thought they were so cute together and I hope Lianne, regrets what she did and returns the money, at least part of it, she owes Veronica, that much. Also, who do you think was at the door, I'm hoping Weevil, to let her know Logan, is okay and that they found and got him home. I'm not sure how Logan will react to the news of what his father did, I hope he's okay though, I kind of like him, but I'm not crazy about him, especially in warm and fuzzy mode. What you guys think?

Joker: They don't make straitjackets like they used to... I should know. - Batman: The Animated Series
Old June 25th, 2005, 7:53 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkflame626
I didn't block out that episode, I just ignored Paris Hilton, like I normally do when they mention her or she talks. I hope Tara Reid, isn't the friend, I like Mac, I think she's cool and it would be perfect if they featured her more. I also hope they don't bring back Leo as a love interest, I think it would be odd that she dumped him and they get back together, so soon after the whole Logan, blow up. I think with all the things going on Veronica needs to hang out with Wallace, Mac, Backup, and her Dad and just let everything sink in and then maybe take a stab at love but not now! So how do you guys feel about Wallace's mom and Veronica's dad I thought they were so cute together and I hope Lianne, regrets what she did and returns the money, at least part of it, she owes Veronica, that much. Also, who do you think was at the door, I'm hoping Weevil, to let her know Logan, is okay and that they found and got him home. I'm not sure how Logan will react to the news of what his father did, I hope he's okay though, I kind of like him, but I'm not crazy about him, especially in warm and fuzzy mode. What you guys think?
I don't like Logan, I don't think Veronica should be dating her bestfriend's boyfriend even if she's dead. I like Leo and I don't think she should have dumped him.

Old June 25th, 2005, 8:53 pm
Fifth Year

I like Logan, only as her nemesis, not her boyfriend. I liked Leo, he was a good guy, I don't know why some people didn't like him. I just want her to take a break from guys, for now. So, what do you hope will happen next season? I hope she will catch up with her mom and yell at her a lot!

Joker: They don't make straitjackets like they used to... I should know. - Batman: The Animated Series
Old June 25th, 2005, 9:15 pm
First Year

I LOVE Logan!! He and Veronica have so much chemistry as both her boyfriend and her enemy. However, when they are "together" its not as fun to watch as when they're enemies.

I think the person at the door was Duncan, jus 'cause.

Old June 26th, 2005, 7:21 am
Fifth Year

I kinda like "LoVe" I sometimes have it as my wallpaper (what is it about shipping that turns us all into 12 year old girls????!!!! hee hee) But I don't see how it can work now....It'd be QUITE weird. But it would probably be pretty weird with Duncan, even if they have feelings for eachother, especially after she dated his best friend!

I just hope UPN doesn't seriously mess the show up, they are butting in too much, and thats the kind of thing that ruined alot of great shows (Like Buffy). I hope they announce the DVD release date soon, they say it IS coming out, probably in September, but I gotta have my confirmation!!

Old June 26th, 2005, 8:33 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
I kinda like "LoVe" I sometimes have it as my wallpaper (what is it about shipping that turns us all into 12 year old girls????!!!! hee hee) But I don't see how it can work now....It'd be QUITE weird. But it would probably be pretty weird with Duncan, even if they have feelings for eachother, especially after she dated his best friend!

I just hope UPN doesn't seriously mess the show up, they are butting in too much, and thats the kind of thing that ruined alot of great shows (Like Buffy). I hope they announce the DVD release date soon, they say it IS coming out, probably in September, but I gotta have my confirmation!!
I know one minute you're all sane and normal, and the next you're giggling like a school girl and you can't help but feel all giddy everytime they are on screen together, I have no idea why. I hope they don't mess with it too, but the network feels they need a bigger audience, I understand the move and all, but it's still messed up, now how am I supposed to get used to all the changes going in, Lost at 9 o'clock, VM on Wednesdays at 9 and Alias on Thursdays, you'd think they were trying to stop people from watching. I just hope that if a character dies, then, they'll be a good explanation, something a little better than last season, not that I didn't love the finale, but something that will be even better . Don't you just love what a genius Rob Thomas is? Have you checked out his website, there's a lot of stuff on VM there along with an accurate music listing for all the episodes.

Old June 28th, 2005, 6:46 pm
Fifth Year

Guess what!!!! Logan is not dying, and Tara Reid is not going to be on the show. Logan will be in all 22 episodes ( I think they have 22 episodes this season.) and Weevil will be in 12. Yeah, the person dying will be going after 12 episodes, they will be written off. I think we will see them go in January. Some good news, thought I share.

Old June 28th, 2005, 10:10 pm
First Year

Veronica Mars is probably my favorite television show. Veronica's sarcasm makes the show great. Her interactions with the sheriff and logan are hysterical

Old June 28th, 2005, 10:46 pm
Fifth Year

I'm so glad to see more people love the show. I can't wait till it comes back next season. I also love her interactions with the sheriff and Logan. I loved Clash of the Tritons, especially the part about " Veronica Mars is Smarter than Me.". I loved that, I wish they would turn that into merchandise and sell as a bumper sticker .

Old June 29th, 2005, 3:11 am
Fifth Year

Right now my wallpaper is of Veronica, half of its her at Sheriff Lamb's office the morning after the party, and the other half is sort of her in the courtroom, doing that "Bang" shooting thing at hs smug little face in the courthouse (after she switched the videos) It says "Payback's a B****". I got it from something-happens.com, they have great avatars and wallpapers and things.

I'm so glad people are actually responding to this now..... it was dead for so long, I felt like a big ol' loser. I loved her sarcastic "Go Pirates!" as she was cutting Wallace down, oh and then "....I'll be your girlfriend, We could go to PROM together!" I laughed so hard at that! There is such excellent writing on this show!

For more info on the spoilers darkflame626 was talking about, you can go here. Its roughly in the middle of the page.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television