Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Project Runway - Season 13

Old July 17th, 2014, 10:00 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Project Runway - Season 13

It's another season of Project Runway! Who's watching it with me??

Kicking of on July 24th on Lifetime at 9:00 ET.

18 designers for Season 13 are listed, but “Project Runway” will be adding one more cast member: a “Runway Redemption Contest.” The Runway Redemption contest allows fans to vote to bring back a designer from a past season. Using Instagram, fans narrowed it down to three: Ken Laurence of Season 12, Alexander Pope of Season 12 and Amanda Valentine of Season 11. The winner that will be joining Season 13 will be announced during the premiere episode on July 24.

That’s not the only surprise in store for the first episode. The 19 contestants will have one final audition when they arrive … and three designers will be asked to pack up their things and leave even before the first challenge happens.

Below are the new cast of characters...

Alexander Knox, 22 – Chicago, IL
Angela Sum, 32 – Los Angeles, CA
Carrie Sleutskaya, 24 - Los Angeles, CA
Char Glover, 37 – Detroit, MI
Emily Payne, 40 – San Francisco, CA
Emmanuel Tobias, 29 – Dallas, TX
fäde zu grau, 45 – Coral Gables, FL
Hernan Lander, 33 – New York, NY
Jefferson Musanda, 25 – Brooklyn, NY
Kiniokahokula Zamora, 30 - Honolulu, HI
Korina Emmerich, 28 - Brooklyn, NY
Kristine Guico, 26 – Brooklyn, NY
The Mitchell Perry, 25 – Fort Lauderdale, FL
Nzinga Knight, 33 – Brooklyn, NY
Samantha Plasencia, 27 - San Antonio, TX
Sandhya Garg, 28 – Birmingham, AL
Sean Kelly, 25- Brooklyn, NY
Tim Navarro, 32 – Minneapolis, MN

Judges:
Besides Bowen and Vonn, other guest judges include Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men) Shay Mitchell (Pretty Little Liars) Dita Von Teese, Christian Siriano, British television personality Amanda de Cadenet, and YouTube celebrity Bethany Mota. Judges Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia and Zac Posen are back as well, as is mentor Tim Gunn.

Old July 18th, 2014, 3:23 pm
Rocket Scientist

Re: Project Runway - Season 13

I'll be watching

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old July 18th, 2014, 3:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
I'll be watching
Yay!! I'll have to owl the regulars to see who else is in.

Old July 26th, 2014, 3:11 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Did you guys catch the episode? I'll keep it vague in case you haven't watched yet, but I am annoyed at who they sent home.

Old July 28th, 2014, 2:20 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
Did you guys catch the episode? I'll keep it vague in case you haven't watched yet, but I am annoyed at who they sent home.
Me too! They totally went saving personality over talent. Grrr.

Ok, I'm glad it was Amanda who was brought back and not Ken or Alexander. We've already seen so much of their drama, and she'll probably just shut up and work hard.

It's always so hard at the beginning, too many characters to keep track of...

Top 3:
Sandhya - While I didn't love this dress, I did think it was the most interesting that was put out there. I think the frayed edges were too much, and with the floral print it took away the idea that the design was cutting edge.

Amanda - I liked this whole look. The pants were a bit 70's for me. I think my dad had a pair like that but with bell bottoms. But I loved the top. Very now and flattering.

Char - I think Char could have been the winner on this one. if her top wasn't so cropped it would be nearly perfect. I did love the styling though, I think she's one to watch.

Bottom 3:
Angela - I actually liked this look. If it was toned down a little not such a long tail on that shirt, the slits in the pants weren't so big, it would have been a winner for me.

Mitchell - This look shouldn't have gone home. It was sloppy, it was ugly. Sorry, it was. I think his personality will keep him on for a while though.

Jefferson - This wasn't so bad. The high-waisted shorts are kind of trendy right now. I think Jefferson should have been given a second chance.

Old July 28th, 2014, 7:07 am

Yes! They totally kept the "personality" guy. That makes me so mad when competition shows do that. We don't watch PR for reality show drama. That drama actually annoys fans. We watch shows like this for the content; we want to see good designs and good competition, not listen to teenage snark. I swear Mitchell reminds me exactly of a specific high school student I had in class recently. I liked the kid, but I don't want to see high school drama on PR. And I really liked Jefferson.

I am also glad they did not bring that Ken back. Runway has never had a worse personality than him!

I liked Char's the best. Thought she should've won.

Old July 28th, 2014, 2:35 pm
Rocket Scientist

I'm more annoyed with who won. I like her as a person, but am baffled as to how that is fashion and how that is attractive in any way shape or form. It looks like she dove head first into a vat of grapes then ripped the shoulders of her dress on the way out. I give her credit for thinking outside the box, but just because you do, does not mean your deserve to win. I think the judges have gone wack-a-doodle. Either that or they are just trying really hard to create more drama.

Old August 1st, 2014, 8:18 pm

Wow am I off on what the judges think is a winning style. Last night's episode was annoying on many fronts. The editing with the Sandhya bashing, the constantly weepy Angela, the annoying Amanda. If it were me, Samantha's dress would have won hands down and Korina or Amanda would have gone home. But actually, looking back, I think Carrie's was indeed the worst. All images are from mylifetime.com

Losing team:

Personally, I think Sandyha did the best in this set. There is interest to it, movement. I do think these looked great with the lights of the set shining off of them.

Straw team:

I liked all of these, with Fade's being my least favorite of the group. Angela should have used the word sides of the script so it didn't look so paper snowflake over muslin. But it had potential.

Green team:

I was not enamored by any of these. Amanda's reminded me of Emilio's mop string and washer bikini. But at least that was taking a risk!

Passed over team:

I think Samantha's was the clear winner. It was beautiful, architectural, classy, stylish. I'm surprised this got a pass.

Other passed over team:

Both Char's and Mitchell's were better than Amanda's. Just sayin'. I actually liked Mitchell's, it was fun and creative and looked great on the runway.

Old August 5th, 2014, 3:42 pm
Rocket Scientist

yeah i definitely dont agree with the judges this year. That said i think they vastly over estimated sandia's abilities. Her dress wasn't good at all. If it were me I would have sent their whole team home for how they were acting. It was awful. And yes the sandia bashing was a bit uncalled for.

Not sure I agree with the winning team. Again, not sure how stringing letters and bits and bobs together is fashion but oh well. This season is sure to be full of weird drama.

Old August 5th, 2014, 10:20 pm
Seventh Year

Sorry, didn't get the memo that COSForums was still open and operating; I replaced you all with a different forum, MWAHAHAHAHA!!

No, really...

I'll try to remember to participate in this thread, tho.

I haven't seen this season at all, yet, so I've got nothing to go on except for the above images which doesn't clearly tell me who the winner was. With that said, though, just from the images I like Samantha's and Sean's looks.

I like the texture of Sean's dress and the intermittent sprinkling of the black in with the white which keeps it from being totally boring. I like Samantha's look because of the graphic nature of the top and the way she used what looks like video tape for the skirt.

I like the color-fade of Mitchell's dress but think it's too ready-to-wear for PR.

So... who won?

Old August 6th, 2014, 2:59 am

Amanda won. The first group, on the left went home.

THANK YOU for posting the pictures, HMN!

I liked the "winning" group, but I thought they should have just been safe. I thought Samantha, Emily, and Alexander should have been the top with Samantha and Alexander being my favorites. I think the similarity of the film with this group and the group the judges haaaated hurt them here. I also really liked Sean's and would have put him in the top three if the top three didn't have to belong to the same group.

I hated Kini's and Char's, which made me sad because I want to love Char after week one. I guess Mitchell's is okay now that I look at it and try to separate it from the other two in his group, but that whole group just reads SO prom dress to me and not fashion.

Old August 6th, 2014, 4:01 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
Amanda won.
WHAT?!?

Quote:
The first group, on the left went home.
By the looks of it, anyone from that group could have gone home.

Old August 14th, 2014, 3:25 pm

Thank you picmonkey and tinypic for the image hosting and collage makers! All images from mylifetime.com. I'm putting the names underneath in order of the images - too much work to overlay text.

The top:

Sandiya - Kristine - Emily

I agree, these are the top designs. I would have given the win to either of the other 2 though. Will there be jetpacks in 20 years? Maybe, but I doubt it.

The bottom:

Alexander - Sean - Angela

Ok, I'm glad they sent Angela home because clearly this isn't the right format for her. I think she's thoughtful and smart and talented. I even think this look isn't so bad. But she needs time to execute her designs. But I was done with the insecurity. Too painful to watch.

The others:

Amanda - Char - Hernan - Kini

Mitchell - Samantha - Fade - Korina

These were all nice and fine, but I can see why none were in the top.

New episode tonight!
And welcome back Goddess_Clio!!

PS - isn't it illegal for Hernan to tape the top to his model? I'm wondering why show it if that doesn't come up again later...

Old August 17th, 2014, 4:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
isn't it illegal for Hernan to tape the top to his model? I'm wondering why show it if that doesn't come up again later...
I remember it was a huge scandal on an early season of Runway when someone used double sided tape. Guess it's legal now?

Old August 18th, 2014, 2:49 pm
Rocket Scientist

This season is so odd to me so far. One week someone is on the top, the next they are on the bottom, and while some deserve to be on the bottom/top, a lot of the flip flopping of the judges make no sense. I dont know why they like Sandia so much. The only thing I see her doing is taking risks which is great, but honestly she has no taste. and I see others getting in trouble for lack of taste but why not her? I'm so confused.

Plus they seem to love amanda as well. Granted in most cases she deserved the win but sometimes i think they are giving it to her over others to cause more drama.

Old August 18th, 2014, 6:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
This season is so odd to me so far. One week someone is on the top, the next they are on the bottom, and while some deserve to be on the bottom/top, a lot of the flip flopping of the judges make no sense. I dont know why they like Sandia so much. The only thing I see her doing is taking risks which is great, but honestly she has no taste. and I see others getting in trouble for lack of taste but why not her? I'm so confused.

Plus they seem to love amanda as well. Granted in most cases she deserved the win but sometimes i think they are giving it to her over others to cause more drama.
Totally agreed. I think they're trying too hard to tell the Amanda story. And I think they're just stirring up drama with Sandiya bouncing back and forth between top and bottom.

I watched last weeks episode. I'll post later. But was not disappointed with who was sent home. That's all I'll say for now.

Old August 19th, 2014, 2:45 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
I watched last weeks episode. I'll post later. But was not disappointed with who was sent home. That's all I'll say for now.
agreed! at least they finally sent the right person home!

Old September 4th, 2014, 5:17 pm

I've been away the last 2 weeks and am just catching up on PR. Wow they are really selling the Amanda story strong. I don't even like her. She seems so fake that I don't know why the producers are pushing for her. Just not interested in her at all. It's like she promised drama when they picked her for this season.

The bottom and safe:
Alexander, Samantha, Korina, Amanda
None of these are all that good. But I though Sam's wasn't as bad as the judges thought.

Sandyha, Char, Fade, Emily
I think the yellow wouldn't have been so bad if it was mixed with other citrus colors. I think Char needed to assert herself more and paid the price for not doing so. Fade's was clearly the best beyond the winners. Emily's was great but totally cliche.

The winners:
Kini & Sean

I think Kini finally deserved a win on this one. I mean, come on, he's clearly talented where Sean is hit or miss. I like both of these looks and glad that one of the teams did something interesting and not totally costume.

PS. I guess taping clothes to models is totally ok now? That blouse would not stay on otherwise.

Old September 8th, 2014, 2:35 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:

I think Kini finally deserved a win on this one. I mean, come on, he's clearly talented where Sean is hit or miss. I like both of these looks and glad that one of the teams did something interesting and not totally costume.
100% agree that Kini deserved the win on this one. Even if the following weeks performance wasn't as good. I think he got robbed. He definitely should have been more vocal about what he did work wise esp since he helped do the blouse for sean's look which is what the judges really liked.

Old September 24th, 2014, 6:03 pm

Anyone still watching? I am not thrilled with who is left. But I did enjoy the American Girl challenge...

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television