Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Survivor Cagayan " Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Old April 3rd, 2014, 1:22 pm
Rocket Scientist

Re: Survivor Cagayan " Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Man that was a twisty episode. Kudos to the brains for flushing out two idols, but.... man KASS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsrule26 View Post
OH Man what a stoopid ,stoopid move! Kass you're an idiot!! You had the numbers on your team and you screwed it up!! You are not living up to the Brain tribe handle you started with.
agreed. I get that she didnt like sarah, but they went with her choice of jefra in the end... She was in a tight three, so i have no idea why she flipped. She was no where near on the outs and there was plenty of time to axe sarah later. she went from a potential top 3 to 6th at best... Man was that dumb.

Quote:
Man I want Tony out of the game ,I really want him out now.
I have mixed feelings. I dont like him as a person but as a player he is so fun to watch. You never know what he's going to do next.

Quote:
I feel that Tony's tribe is going to pick off the rest now that Kass has screwed things up.
I'm not sure if kass will go back to voting with the brains or stick with tony, either way things are 5 and 5 as they stand now, and no idols in play yet unless someone finds one next week. Should be really really interesting to see what happens. I love that the next person to go isnt known like so many seasons before. Everything is always up in the air!

Quote:
I do like that both HII have been used ,now its a scramble to find the new one.
I liked that Woo won the first Individule Idol, but I noticed he was wearing aqua socks in the challenge when everyone else had bare feet I wonder why he was allowed to do that?.
yes i loved the idol flush! LOVED IT! and i loved that they not only outsmarted tony but also LJ... he was all smug thinking he knew what the other one meant... sorry dude you lose!

Yeah i'm not sure if they get to pick whether or not they wear shoes. Most probably aired on the side of wanting dry shoes for later but who knows. That challenge would be super hard with tennis shoes is my guess. No idea though why he was the only one wearing footwear. I like Woo though. Im glad he wont the first challenge.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2014, 3:08 pm
Inconceivable!

I hated what happened at Tribal last night. I just stared at the screen, wishing it didn't happen.

The Brains tribe had it made, since it looked like Sarah was going to side with them. In fact, I was really glad that Sarah didn't fall for Tony's lies. Now, if Kass could only have ignored Sarah's little power trip, like Tasha was willing to do, for the sake of getting to the end. Spencer and Tasha would have stuck like glue to Kass, I think. But no, Kass had to have her own little power trip.

I was so happy at Tribal Council when Tony and LJ both played their idols. It looked like the Brains had pulled off a stunning blind side. But then it all came crashing down when Kass flipped. I do not want Tony to get to the end.

The only hope now is that Kass' move had some sort of brilliant plan behind it, and everything eventually plays out.

I think this season has had a blind side at almost all of its Tribal Councils, hasn't it?

Quote:
Quote:
I liked that Woo won the first Individule Idol, but I noticed he was wearing aqua socks in the challenge when everyone else had bare feet I wonder why he was allowed to do that?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
Yeah i'm not sure if they get to pick whether or not they wear shoes. Most probably aired on the side of wanting dry shoes for later but who knows. That challenge would be super hard with tennis shoes is my guess. No idea though why he was the only one wearing footwear. I like Woo though. Im glad he wont the first challenge.
I couldn't believe that they let Wu wear aqua socks. That didn't seem fair at all. He would have had a better grip on the wood, I would think. And since he won the challenge, that makes it even look more like he had an unfair advantage.

Quote:
Man that was a twisty episode. Kudos to the brains for flushing out two idols, but.... man KASS!!!!!

agreed. I get that she didnt like sarah, but they went with her choice of jefra in the end... She was in a tight three, so i have no idea why she flipped. She was no where near on the outs and there was plenty of time to axe sarah later. she went from a potential top 3 to 6th at best... Man was that dumb.
I agree! I think that if Kass tries to side with the Brawn tribe, she will be voted out quickly. No one trusts a flipper. Just looked what happened to Sarah.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson

Last edited by SusanBones; April 3rd, 2014 at 3:16 pm.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 7:11 pm
Third Year

Wow!

Woo and the shoes. Why was he allowed the aqua socks when no one else had? I expected him to do well being a marshal arts instructor, but I think that the shoes may have been an unfair advantage.

Kass, Kass, Kass. I get that you didn't like Sarah. And you saw a chance to get her out, but you should have waited til next time. Because is she had, the Brains would have totally pulled off a blindside that would have been EPIC!!!!!

I loved Tony and LJ playing their idols. Shows that they really had no clue that the "other one" meant Jefra not LJ.

I really want to see Tasha and Spencer make it to the end. They are showing to be really good players. I'm pretty sure that Tasha and Spencer will be a tight alliance now. They can probably pull in some of the others as well. But who knows.

Let's see. Sarah on the jury - she won't vote for Kass at the end, or Tony. If Spencer or Tasha are in the final three, one of them will probably have her vote.

Member of the Insane Becky Posse (IBP) and the Gator Fan Club

Old April 3rd, 2014, 9:13 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Quote:
I do like that both HII have been used ,now its a scramble to find the new one.
Maybe they were all allowed to wear them but either no one else had them or they thought they would be a disadvantage. I know they probably grip better than bare feet, but I thought they might be a disadvantage as they are wider than bare feet.

Tony and LJ wasted their idols! Annoying Sarah is out. I'm not proud of Kass flipping, but I dislike Sarah so, I don't know. Now if they can just get Trish (she is the cop that "befriended" Tony, right?) and Tony out. I'm still rooting for Spencer. He's the smart one from a supposedly smart but stupid tribe.

I think the Brain tribe was full of smart members, but their egotism got in the way. They're really smart so they're going to do something really smart and they overthink everything to the point that it screws them up. They have to show how smart they are. Plus, they're not athletic. Kass probably thought she was outsmarting everyone by getting rid of Sarah, but she overthought it. She just needed to realize she had numbers on her side and a blindside of Sarah was not necessary. But, I am glad Sarah's gone.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.

Last edited by leah49; April 3rd, 2014 at 9:19 pm.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 10:04 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
I agree! I think that if Kass tries to side with the Brawn tribe, she will be voted out quickly. No one trusts a flipper. Just looked what happened to Sarah.
I think Kass is going to be the next one voted out now, because as you said in your post, she will not be trusted by anyone now. I'm sure her old tribe will never trust her again and Tony's tribe will just use her vote, until she is no longer needed, then she will be dumped .
What a stupid play .

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old April 8th, 2014, 2:04 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah49 View Post

Tony and LJ wasted their idols! Annoying Sarah is out. I'm not proud of Kass flipping, but I dislike Sarah so, I don't know. Now if they can just get Trish (she is the cop that "befriended" Tony, right?) and Tony out. I'm still rooting for Spencer. He's the smart one from a supposedly smart but stupid tribe.
Trish befriended Tony, but I don't believe she is a cop. I think it was just sarah and tony that were cops. But I agree I don't like trish and I'm definitely rooting for spencer.

Quote:
I think Kass is going to be the next one voted out now, because as you said in your post, she will not be trusted by anyone now. I'm sure her old tribe will never trust her again and Tony's tribe will just use her vote, until she is no longer needed, then she will be dumped .
What a stupid play.
I'm not sure about this. Kass didn't appear to 100% flip. She wanted sarah out that was her only motive. I'm not sure who'll she'll vote with now and yes she is untrustworthy but if they vote her out next the numbers game is still really tricky. especially if some of the beauty wake up and realize they are on the bottom of this right now.

Old April 10th, 2014, 1:29 pm
Rocket Scientist

well that episode wasn't as eventful, but the dash for the idol was hilarious and I'm so glad spencer found it and was able to keep it a secret. I'm a little surprised Kass didnt flip back but they didnt really have the numbers to do anything at the moment. I feel like next week people will be scrambling again. It looks like Woo or Tony are on the chopping block and they are both big threats.

I'm still rooting for spencer even if he does seem to be on the outside of the big alliance. I expect things to shift because Woo, Tony and Trish and I think even LJ to a degree all know they can't all be on top. And Woo and Tony especially are big play makers I think.

I just like that it isnt obvious who is going home like it has been in past seasons. And I'm really surprised they went for morgan over tasha. They seem to be picking people off at random. Although I give Tony credit for wanting to play with people who deserve to play.

I expect Kass to flip again, when she decides it's time to make another move in her favor. She has to know she's on the bottom of that six. Just not sure if people will hear her out or not, or if it will actually work.

Looking forward to next week.

Old April 10th, 2014, 2:29 pm
Third Year

I actually watched this one last night instead of at lunch today. Allergies had me home early from AWANA.

I agree. There wasn't much that happened in this one. Though the idol scramble was hilarious. I'm glad Spencer got it. Does that mean that there is ANOTHER one hidden somewhere with special powers? I'm also glad that Spencer won immunity.

I think Woo and Tony are really the biggest threats. Looks like Spencer and Tasha are really tight too.

Old April 11th, 2014, 1:06 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballblondie View Post

I think Woo and Tony are really the biggest threats. Looks like Spencer and Tasha are really tight too.
Agreed, although where I think Tasha and Spencer are aligned together, I think Woo and Tony see each other as threats instead of allies, so it will prove to be an interesting dynamic

Old April 11th, 2014, 9:53 pm

I was glad to see Spencer find the HII .
I thought Woo was smart to figure out that there was a clue at the feast and that Spencer had found it.
To me it was stupid of Spencer to leave the clue just out on top of his pants .
I don't know why he didn't stuff it into the bottom of one of his pockets ,that's what I would have done, that is if I was dumb enough to even put it down in the first place.

The previews look good for the next show, I hope Woo can blindside Tony .
I think I finally understand Kass .I think she is trying to play the lone wolf IE. Loyal to none but willing to do whatever it takes to get ahead in the game . The only trouble with that type of game is you can tick off a lot of potential jurors and leave yourself open to being voted out early.

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old April 14th, 2014, 12:50 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:

The previews look good for the next show, I hope Woo can blindside Tony .
I think I finally understand Kass .I think she is trying to play the lone wolf IE. Loyal to none but willing to do whatever it takes to get ahead in the game . The only trouble with that type of game is you can tick off a lot of potential jurors and leave yourself open to being voted out early.
agreed the jury usually votes for those that have remained loyal to their group but make big moves when they have to. Kass is all about big moves all the time, and not every big move pays off. So she's putting herself at risk every time she tries to orchestrate a big move. No one if going to vote for a lone wolf. Most people value loyalty and strategy and the lone wolf strategy never pays off.

Old April 17th, 2014, 1:23 pm
Rocket Scientist

Oh man this season just gets better and better. I love that every tribal council is more twisted and unexpected than the previous. Mad props to Tony for stirring up trouble. He has this way of planting plausible doubt in people's heads and it really messes things up. Which is so much fun to watch. I just fear he did it too soon and it wont end up in his favor. He only got one person to flip with him, which means if he continues to side with those on the outs, he could be on the outs numbers wise. That said if he tries to go back to his now 5, he also could be on the outs. I doubt they will trust him or take him back after that betrayal. I also have to wonder how Kass will react. There's something about how she's playing the game that might change after that move. That said I think Tony just painted an even larger target on his back. The question is can he still rally people behind him?

I'm still really rooting for spencer and tash. I love that hey both keep finding ways to stay in this game. Just when you think they are out, they get another chance.

Old April 17th, 2014, 7:18 pm
Third Year

Another great episode.

Tony's really feeling the paranoia. In some ways, he reminds of Boston Rob. But where Rob was masterminding without letting others know, Tony's being too obvious. Sure he's planting seeds of doubt, but I really think that the move he just made will come back and bite him big time.

I agree with the one who said that if Jeremiah, Spencer, and Tasha are sitting in the final 3, in any combination, they will win. I really think they'd have the jury votes. I loved watching Sarah and Morgan with the reveals during tribal.

I think that Trish will no longer trust Tony now since he broke from the alliance of 6. Woo is completely in his pocket.

I can't tell you who is next at all. This season has just been one good twist after another. I'd really like to see someone find the hidden immunity idol with the special powers. I want to know what those powers are. It'd be classic if Spencer found it. Then he'd have two.

Old April 18th, 2014, 7:27 am

Quote:
That said if he tries to go back to his now 5, he also could be on the outs. I doubt they will trust him or take him back after that betrayal
Agreed I think Tony has shown everyone that he can make big moves and that will make them fear him and want him out of the game.

Quote:
That said I think Tony just painted an even larger target on his back. The question is can he still rally people behind him?
To me Tony has come out in the open as trying to control the game and that always makes the other players scared to trust him .

Quote:
Another great episode.

Tony's really feeling the paranoia. In some ways, he reminds of Boston Rob. But where Rob was masterminding without letting others know, Tony's being too obvious. Sure he's planting seeds of doubt, but I really think that the move he just made will come back and bite him big time.
To me Tony is a lot like Russell Hantz in the way he controls other players . That said Tony is never going to be as good at the control game as Russell was.
Quote:
I think that Trish will no longer trust Tony now since he broke from the alliance of 6. Woo is completely in his pocket.
Maybe and maybe not, I think a lot of the players are going to rethink their position in the game after what has happened. Woo might not think he is being controlled by Tony even if we as viewers think he is . I'm looking forward to the next show.

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old April 20th, 2014, 12:37 pm
Inconceivable!

I didn't really have much to say after the episode in which Morgan got voted out. She was the obvious choice since there was no chance that she had the idol, and it wouldn't have benefited Kass to do anything other than vote with Tony's alliance.

But this last episode was another good one. There have been a lot of blindsides this season and that was been fun to watch. These Survivors are very tight-lipped. No one is running off to tell anyone else that they are about to be voted out. I watched Parvati's "after the show" interview with J.T. and he is rather angry at Trisha for not warning him about Tony's plans to vote him out.

Tony is crazy. I love the scene when he is talking to the camera, saying that he needs to vote out JT because JT is planning to take out Woo. Then Tony admits that he made it all up, but it doesn't matter, he is voting him out anyway. It is great drama.

I have to wonder what Trisha is thinking now. She thought that she had Tony under control. She found out at Tribal that he is not going to listen to her. I think she has a lot of power to get rid of Tony if she wants to. But she still needs to get rid of Spencer, Tasha and Jeremiah first, so I'm not sure what her plans would be. I'm not even sure if she would want Woo and Tony to be part of the final three with her.

At this point, I think Spencer will only make it to the end by winning a lot of immunities. They would need two people to flip from Tony's alliance to get anywhere, and I'm not sure anyone would do that yet.

What a good season this has been.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old April 24th, 2014, 1:24 pm
Rocket Scientist

Oh man I was really hoping Spencer Tasha and Jeremiah would pull someone over to vote with them. I'm sad spencer wasted his idol, but he had no way to know who they were voting for it was a gamble and playing it for himself was probably the best move.

I was so mad when tony found the special idol. SO ANGRY! That thing feels like a complete cheat! That said I can't believe he whipped it out during tribal then tried to play it off as a fake idol. I really really hope someone figures out that he has it. I'd be on high alert after that stunt. So I know tony cant play it for someone else, but can someone steal it from him? Say he buries it and someone follows him and finds it? can they take it and hide it elsewhere?

Anyways I hope some people realize they are on the bottom of their alliance and start making moves with Spencer and Tasha. I wonder if Woo and Tony will flip again or is Jefra's insecurities will come into play again. Or is Kass will get her head out of her butt and realize she's on the bottom of that 5.

Should be an interesting set of final episodes, especially with the survivor auction coming up next week.

Old April 24th, 2014, 3:29 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

I don't know LJ well on the show so I don't know but I gather on average a vote like that hurts Tony if he makes it to the end.

I knew someone was going to fall, but I thought it would be Tony because he said he was going for a climb. Glad Woo didn't seriously hurt himself.

I hate the special idol and not because Tony found it. It just…I don't know, changes the game in a bad way. It really does give one person all the power. I l like there being uncertainity and this special idol takes it away. With the others there's always that uncertainty of will they play it, is it too early to play it, will it get wasted, that sort of thing.

Jefra is too kind. She didn't have to tell Jeremiah she wasn't going to be voting with them. She also should have voted with Jeremiah, Spencer, and Tash. Yeah, yeah, Tony and the idol, but she didn't know that (but they would have been voting out Woo my second favorite).

I love Spencer imitating Woo when he voted for him. . Someone was really excited about voting out Woo. Wooooooooooo. TV really got us. I for sure thought they would be voting Spencer and instead they voted Jeremiah. Editing played tricks.

Tony was stupid, however, to bring his idol out. He said "this is a fake idol" but yeah, okay, they saw that he has something. I hate that Spencer wasted his idol, but to be honest, I would have done the same thing at this council. And stupid Trish, spelling it Geremiah. (I missed who wrote Wooooooo--was that Spencer?). I don't know, it just bugs me when they spell names wrong. I don't mean like if the name is Luci and you spell it Lucy. More like if the name's Michael and you spell it Mikhale.

I want Tony and Trish gone. It would just take two tribal councils to get Tony out. If they thought he had something when he presented his "fake" idol then convince everyone to vote him out to flush the idol out. Then when everyone's really mad that he had the special idol they vote him out again.

Of course, it never goes the way I wanted or the way it should.

Quote:
I was so mad when tony found the special idol. SO ANGRY! That thing feels like a complete cheat! That said I can't believe he whipped it out during tribal then tried to play it off as a fake idol.
Yes, that's exactly what it feels like--a cheat. He didn't have to whip his idol out. If they had voted him out then he would have to pull it out, but not before. There's a reason he's Brawn and not Brain.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.

Last edited by leah49; April 24th, 2014 at 3:38 pm.
Old April 25th, 2014, 2:13 pm
Third Year

I was sad to see that Tony found the special idol. Everyone knows he has it, despite him saying it's fake.

Spencer probably made the wisest move, but I'm bummed he played it.

I thought it interesting to see that Spencer and Tasha flat out stated that if Tony is sitting in the final 3 and they are on the jury, then he has their vote. Simply because of the way that Tony has moved things in his favor.

Still it's a good season. And maybe someway Spencer and Tasha will figure out ways to stay in the game.

Old April 25th, 2014, 7:49 pm

Quote:
I thought it interesting to see that Spencer and Tasha flat out stated that if Tony is sitting in the final 3 and they are on the jury, then he has their vote. Simply because of the way that Tony has moved things in his favor.
I thought that this was a great move by Spencer ,I feel he just planted the seeds of doubt in the minds of all the rest of Tony's alliance .I think that Spencer put a target on Tony's back with that comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah49 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet
I was so mad when tony found the special idol. SO ANGRY! That thing feels like a complete cheat! That said I can't believe he whipped it out during tribal then tried to play it off as a fake idol.
Yes, that's exactly what it feels like--a cheat. He didn't have to whip his idol out. If they had voted him out then he would have to pull it out, but not before. There's a reason he's Brawn and not Brain.
I really hope that the rest took careful notice of what Tony did . I hope that they blindside him .

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old April 28th, 2014, 12:57 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
I really hope that the rest took careful notice of what Tony did . I hope that they blindside him .
I hope they do too, but even still it's going to take two votes to get him out

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television