Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Project Runway - All Stars

Old March 25th, 2012, 11:49 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Re: Project Runway - All Stars

Just watched the finale. Not surprised by the win. Even if Michael did pick Rami, which duh, he should have, he still was not gonna win.

I agreed with the comments on Austin's collection and Mondo's but to me it was clear that Mondo was going to win all along.

Old March 26th, 2012, 12:02 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Very happy with the outcome. Austin did a good job but I felt Mondo deserved the win. I like his vision.

Overall, I liked All Stars and I'll miss Georgina as a judge. I wish they'd add her to the regular panel.

Old March 26th, 2012, 12:27 am
Rocket Scientist

I agree mondo definitely deserved the win and i was not surprised at all when they announced him as the win! Go MONDO!

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old March 26th, 2012, 5:53 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
Overall, I liked All Stars and I'll miss Georgina as a judge. I wish they'd add her to the regular panel.
I liked Georgina and Issac both though I think Nina is a great person to have on the panel because she represents the consumer market and knows what's trending and has a better handle on what people want and what sells. It would be nice to rotate judges every few seasons; I thought these judges were a breath of fresh air.

Raise you hand if you're happy Mondo won!!

I sort of liked Autin's collection but I felt like he was cramming too many ideas into one 6-look collection and his introduction of the collection and what his inspiration was sounded like a college dissertation it was so long and confusing!

I liked Michael's collection, or rather I liked his fabrics. I wanted to see something from Michael that I could incorporate into my real life and not just buy and save for my trip to Hawaii or the Caribbean every 7-10 years. Resort wear is a big market but it's limited to such a narrow group of people I feel like he's limiting himself. If he did some sportswear or something I could wear to work or on the weekend I'd have liked him a lot more.

Mondo's collection was interesting. I loved his zigzag shirt with the sheer panel at the neck, I want that shirt! I loved his rorschach pieces, though I felt the pattern placement on the shirt left a little to be desired (it was too high) and I love that Mondo does sportswear so you can buy one or two really amazing pieces and fold them into your wardrobe. He does what I try to do - he uses patterned fabric! I'm terrible in that i'm totally married to solids and have made huge efforts in recent years to buy more cloths with prints. I love his whimsey and his personal style gives me a kick.

Old July 11th, 2012, 2:00 am

Will anyone be watching Season 10? I think it starts next week. Should I create a new thread?

Old July 11th, 2012, 2:09 am
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
Will anyone be watching Season 10? I think it starts next week. Should I create a new thread?
Ill be watching I was wondering if what popped up on my dvr was a rerun or a new season! yay more tim gunn!

Old July 11th, 2012, 3:39 am

Quote:
Yes, I will be watching!

Old July 11th, 2012, 5:39 pm
Seventh Year

I'll be watching! I'm sad that we won't get Isaac and Georgina back as judges, I really really liked them. I'm getting sick of Nina and Michael. I'm super glad Tim will be back though, though I also really enjoyed Joann Cole as a mentor ("How do you wear a bra with that?" Finally someone is asking the tough questions!! )

Old July 11th, 2012, 8:11 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess_Clio View Post
I'll be watching! I'm sad that we won't get Isaac and Georgina back as judges, I really really liked them. I'm getting sick of Nina and Michael. I'm super glad Tim will be back though, though I also really enjoyed Joann Cole as a mentor ("How do you wear a bra with that?" Finally someone is asking the tough questions!! )
I loved Georgina as a judge. She did a great job! And I prefer her and Isaac over Nina and Michael, too . It's like they've been doing it so long and are now these "personalities" and that's taken away from their judging. But Georgina gave great comments, really useful feedback. I liked Joanna, too, but I love Tim. And I missed Heidi on All Stars.

Old July 11th, 2012, 10:02 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
I loved Georgina as a judge. She did a great job! And I prefer her and Isaac over Nina and Michael, too . It's like they've been doing it so long and are now these "personalities" and that's taken away from their judging. But Georgina gave great comments, really useful feedback. I liked Joanna, too, but I love Tim. And I missed Heidi on All Stars.
Yeah, the "famous model" (whom I can't even remember now) who took Heidi's place was really nothing special to me. Obviously, I can't even remember who it was.

I reallly liked Georgina. I liked that she owned up to taking what she was learning and doing on Project Runway back to her own studio when she wondered "What would Isaac think of this?"

Old July 15th, 2012, 12:03 am

The thread for Season 10 is up here: http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=131546

Old September 28th, 2012, 7:16 pm

I see there is a new season of All Stars coming at the end of October. I don't care about 85% of the returning designers. They are CLEARLY hoping for lots of fighting. I may tune in towards the end to skip the drama and watch Uli win. I like Andre too, but not enough to sit through Wendy Pepper, Ivy and Josh. Cassanova? Seriously. I had enough of his personality his season.

Here is the full list:
Wendy Pepper, Andrae Gonzaly, Kanye Gillaspie, Uli Herzner, Suede Baum, Althea Harper, Emilio Sosa, Peach Carr, Casanova, Ivy Higa, Anthony Ryan Auld, Lara Kathleen and Joshua McKinley.

Old September 28th, 2012, 8:09 pm
Representative Homosexual

Among Joshua, Ivy, and Wendy, get ready for the sewpocalypse. I don't know if I've ever been less excited about a new PR season. Why are they doing this again, especially after this season has been so decent?

Old September 28th, 2012, 8:09 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
I see there is a new season of All Stars coming at the end of October. I don't care about 85% of the returning designers. They are CLEARLY hoping for lots of fighting. I may tune in towards the end to skip the drama and watch Uli win. I like Andre too, but not enough to sit through Wendy Pepper, Ivy and Josh. Cassanova? Seriously. I had enough of his personality his season.

Here is the full list:
Wendy Pepper, Andrae Gonzaly, Kanye Gillaspie, Uli Herzner, Suede Baum, Althea Harper, Emilio Sosa, Peach Carr, Casanova, Ivy Higa, Anthony Ryan Auld, Lara Kathleen and Joshua McKinley.
eek i dont think i recognize a single name on there other than peach, anthony ryan and casanova! YIKES! sounds like its going to be an utter mess!

Old September 28th, 2012, 8:48 pm
Fifth Year

Wendy Pepper will be entertainment gold if everyone gangs up on her again. Remember when someone drew a mustache on her daughter's picture and she started crying "How DARE anyone do that my daughter!"

I would have rather seen Jay.

Old September 29th, 2012, 1:32 am

Wow. I'm speechless. Almost none of those are all stars. Just there for drama. I bet there'll be a lot of group challenges.

Old October 1st, 2012, 6:07 pm

Quote:
Wow. I'm speechless. Almost none of those are all stars. Just there for drama. I bet there'll be a lot of group challenges.
Yes, I think you just nailed it. Yet another reason not to watch.

Do you think they pay these people to come back on? Publicity can't be the only incentive...

Old October 2nd, 2012, 12:39 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Here is the full list:
Wendy Pepper - who?
Andrae Gonzaly - is this the Andrae of "Where's Andrae?" fame? If not than I don't know him.
Kanye Gillaspie - who?
Uli Herzner - Has she broken free of her flowy printed Miami dresses? At least there's a precedent for that kind of design winning now since season 9's Anya... Kind of excited to see her.
Suede Baum - Meh.
Althea Harper - Didn't like her on her season. Didn't like her guest appearance this season. Probably won't like her on her all stars season.
Emilio Sosa - Hmm. He might be an okay choice.
Peach Carr - ...
Casanova - No! No! NO!!! All I honestly remember about him was him making fun of the colors of Gretchen's activewear outfit being thanksgivingy and him pretending to walk down the runway with a turkey.
Ivy Higa - ... I... think I remember her...
Anthony Ryan Auld - He's winning. Him or the girl I don't like.
Lara Kathleen - who?
Joshua McKinley - Ug. No. Just go away. All I remember of him were tacky clothes and rudeness.

Quote:
Do you think they pay these people to come back on? Publicity can't be the only incentive...
Probably. Every survivor who goes on that show gets a pay out at the end be it $4000 for being first voted off or $100k for second place, it's a sliding scale. The further you make it the more money you get. I suspect that there's some of that going on on PR, though much smaller payouts since the cash prize at the end is never very big. ($50-100k versus $1M)

Old October 2nd, 2012, 4:40 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess_Clio View Post
Wendy Pepper - who?
Andrae Gonzaly - is this the Andrae of "Where's Andrae?" fame? If not than I don't know him.
Kanye Gillaspie - who?
Uli Herzner - Has she broken free of her flowy printed Miami dresses? At least there's a precedent for that kind of design winning now since season 9's Anya... Kind of excited to see her.
Suede Baum - Meh.
Althea Harper - Didn't like her on her season. Didn't like her guest appearance this season. Probably won't like her on her all stars season.
Emilio Sosa - Hmm. He might be an okay choice.
Peach Carr - ...
Casanova - No! No! NO!!! All I honestly remember about him was him making fun of the colors of Gretchen's activewear outfit being thanksgivingy and him pretending to walk down the runway with a turkey.
Ivy Higa - ... I... think I remember her...
Anthony Ryan Auld - He's winning. Him or the girl I don't like.
Lara Kathleen - who?
Joshua McKinley - Ug. No. Just go away. All I remember of him were tacky clothes and rudeness.
Wendy Pepper - the "villain" of seasons 1. Anytime there was a group challenge she refused to offer any input to the team leader and then promptly threw the team leader under the bus on the runway, so everyone on the season ended up hating her. Made the finals and came in third place.

Andrae - it is the same "Where's Andrae?" It makes me sad that neither Tim nor Santino will be around to take advantage of this.

Kayne - Pageant-y, made fun of Laura Bennett a lot. Not really any other way to describe him that would help someone recall him. He talked really fast. I think he came in fifth place.

Last edited by merry18; October 2nd, 2012 at 4:55 pm.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 5:03 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by merry18 View Post
Wendy Pepper - the "villain" of seasons 1. Anytime there was a group challenge she refused to offer any input to the team leader and then promptly threw the team leader under the bus on the runway, so everyone on the season ended up hating her. Made the finals and came in third place.
Ah... I only saw, like, the last two episodes of season 1, just enough to wet my appetite for season 2, so I wouldn't know her anyway. The only reason I knew who Austin was was because... wait... why did I know who Austin was??

Quote:
Andrae - it is the same "Where's Andrae?" It makes me sad that neither Tim nor Santino will be around to take advantage of this.
I hope that doesn't stop anyone from pulling a "where's andrae" moment!

Quote:
Kayne - Pageant-y, made fun of Laura Bennett a lot. Not really any other way to describe him that would help someone recall him. He talked really fast. I think he came in fifth place.
Had to google him; I remember his face but nothing about his personality, his aesthetic or him on Laura Bennet's season.

I still think this might be a ho-hum all stars cast.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television