Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Once Upon A Time

Old December 13th, 2011, 1:31 pm
Rocket Scientist

Re: Once Upon A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Imago View Post

EDIT: I just looked at the IMDB page for Once Upon A Time and it looks like Jamie Dornan is on for 22 episodes. Now, this COULD just be the estimated first season episodes and he's not actually going to be in the rest of them, but here's to hoping!

EDIT No. 2: Ok, it does look like he's in at least three more episodes (released in January--according to IMDB), so now I'm left wondering how it's all going to be explained next week.

That was the last edit, I swear...
I really hope this is true although sometimes its hard to believe imdb its almost as bad as wikipedia, anyone with an imdbpro account can edit it, so although its typically accurate there are some inconsistencies, but this does give me some hope, however until i see it confirmed elsewhere im not sure ill believe it.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2012, 2:54 am
First Year

I am a huge LOST fan & have enjoyed this show. The writers put LOST easter eggs in each episode which makes it fun. The actress who plays the evil queen had a role on LOST as Greta, one of the Others.
I also really began to like Graham & was sad he was killed off. I am curious to know what other fairy tale characters will be introduced.

Old January 6th, 2012, 7:41 pm
Fifth Year

I really like this show, I just never remember when it is in. So I have seen maybe a few random episodes, and only part because it is really hard watching shows with a almost 3 yr old and 1 yr old around...or after you watched the kids and wanna to just sleep...

Old January 9th, 2012, 2:24 pm
Rocket Scientist

I loved Rumpelstiltskin's background story! Its was definitely well worth the wait, and made his character even more interesting. Im wondering if something happens to his son which is why he's so obsessed with children. I also really like how mr gold seemed to know what emma would do and what needed to happen for her to become sheriff. And the look on the mayors face when she told emma she won but had made and enemy of mr gold which is not something you wanted to do.... pure evil! priceless!

Hanzel and gretel seem interesting for next week just not sure how they fit into the story. I wonder if there are ever going to move forward with breaking the curse, or if they are just going to keep introducing lots of fairy tale characters. I know emma as sheriff is a step forward but they still dont even have any idea how to start breaking the curse let alone started to do so really.

Old January 9th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Queen of Apathy

I also want to see what happens to Rumplestiltskin's son. I noticed they left that part hanging. Hopefully they will reveal a bit more of it before the season is over.

Excited for the next episode. Hansel and Gretel was always one of my favorite fairy tales.

Old January 9th, 2012, 10:09 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
I loved Rumpelstiltskin's background story! Its was definitely well worth the wait, and made his character even more interesting. Im wondering if something happens to his son which is why he's so obsessed with children. I also really like how mr gold seemed to know what emma would do and what needed to happen for her to become sheriff. And the look on the mayors face when she told emma she won but had made and enemy of mr gold which is not something you wanted to do.... pure evil! priceless!

Hanzel and gretel seem interesting for next week just not sure how they fit into the story. I wonder if there are ever going to move forward with breaking the curse, or if they are just going to keep introducing lots of fairy tale characters. I know emma as sheriff is a step forward but they still dont even have any idea how to start breaking the curse let alone started to do so really.
It definitely changed my views on Rumpelstilskin.

Emma should have just kicked Regina into the fire. She really gets me mad!

Well, I can't see how they can go forward in breaking it..Considering Emma still believes it's a figment of Henry's imagination. But I guess she's helping the town in little ways...

From the episode last week, My mom gave me an interesting theory on who this new guy is. She said 'could it be Rumpels son?' I'm not sure how that could work, but we did learn he had a son the episode before this one so maybe.

Last edited by RikuStark; January 22nd, 2012 at 10:46 pm.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 5:36 pm
Queen of Apathy

There are a lot of theories floating around about who the "stranger" could be. I have heard the one about it being Rumplestiltskin's son. Also that he is possibly the boy who found Emma on the side of the road. A friend of mine thinks it could be the Big Bad Wolf.

From last night's episode we see that the stranger opens his box to unveil a typewriter. Not sure what the significance is. I can see how it could be theorized that the stranger is one of the Brother's Grimm. It's brought a lot of mystery into the show and makes watching more fun.

Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:40 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysme View Post
There are a lot of theories floating around about who the "stranger" could be. I have heard the one about it being Rumplestiltskin's son. Also that he is possibly the boy who found Emma on the side of the road. A friend of mine thinks it could be the Big Bad Wolf.

From last night's episode we see that the stranger opens his box to unveil a typewriter. Not sure what the significance is. I can see how it could be theorized that the stranger is one of the Brother's Grimm. It's brought a lot of mystery into the show and makes watching more fun.
I was wondering how him being an author could go with his identity, and if he was one of the Brother's Grimm(or an ancestor?), that would be very interesting.

Last nights episode depressed me. I was hoping that James and Snow would get together, and when I think they will she goes and drinks that dang "cure"! At least the end in Storybrook was good, but that Evil Queen is just creeping everywhere!

Old January 24th, 2012, 3:24 am
Rocket Scientist

I <3 James and snow

i think you guys are right i think the stranger is one of the fairy tale writers its the only explanation for why a new person was able to stay in town and the typewriter.

Old January 24th, 2012, 9:35 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Oh great! I completely forgot about Once Upon a Time Sunday night and watched a PBS program!!

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Old January 25th, 2012, 2:50 am
Inconceivable!

We just discovered this show today and watched the Rumpelstiltskin and Hansel and Gretal episodes. Someone had told us that the show was really good, so we decided to watch. Now we have a lot of catching up to do. At least they have all the episodes on the ABC website.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old January 25th, 2012, 9:15 am
MODLY CREW

I found this a very depressing episode and not in a good way. Where was Snow's agency? She's usually thinking on her feet but she spent the whole episode whining and being all pathetic and, well, passive. I want the Snow back who defies her stepmother and is all kinds of wonderful.

Old January 27th, 2012, 7:44 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriath View Post
I found this a very depressing episode and not in a good way. Where was Snow's agency? She's usually thinking on her feet but she spent the whole episode whining and being all pathetic and, well, passive. I want the Snow back who defies her stepmother and is all kinds of wonderful.
You put that in words better than I could! I felt the same way about Snow through the last episode.

Old January 29th, 2012, 3:47 am
Registered Animagus

Yeah last weeks episode was a little blah for me. I thought Snow was fine in the fairytale world, but the real world part was a bit much this time. Tomorrow's episode looks okay i guess though i am not a big fan of the mirror guy he seems to over act.

Old January 29th, 2012, 7:36 am
Third Year

The typewriter guy...I don't think he's a fairytale character. For one, all the fairytale characters are supposed to have been in Storybrook "forever". Also, the Queen doesn't know him.

I don't think he'll be a Grimm brother, for the simple fact that a rival network has a show called "Grimm". And the show has already borrowed characters from several different authors (the Grimms, Charles Perrault, and Carlo Lorenzini). If they're going to go the author route, I think it's more likely that he's a completely fictitious person (or a generic author) who wrote all the stories in the book.

Regardless, these writers have a way of throwing us a curve with things that seem somewhat obvious (they're Lost alums, after all). So whatever crackpot theory I can come up with, I'm sure it's wrong.

One question I had: Do we know when in the fairytale world timeline Rumpelstiltzkin's backstory was? Like, was it right around the time of the other events, was it a few years before...or maybe decades/centuries before? I wonder how old he is in fairytale land.

Old January 29th, 2012, 8:22 pm
Registered Animagus

Rumpel's back story had to be at least 50 or 60 years in the past and it could have been further. In the Jiminy Cricket episode, Geppetto is just a boy of around 10 when Jiminy gets turned into a cricket and Geppetto is around 60 or 70 at the time of the curse which means 50 or 60 years have passed since the time Jiminy was turned into a cricket and Rumpel was already the magical Rumpel when Jiminy was turned into a cricket so Rumpel's back story had to have been before that because he was still a man at the beginning of his back story.

So at the least 50 to 60 years in the past maybe longer.

I also totally agree with you that i don't like the idea of The Stranger with the typewriter being a Grimm brother. If he is going to be the author of the book then i think it would make more sense for him to be a generic author. Though i do think the Evil Queen recognized him so he could be a fairytale character or someone who visited the fairytale world like Alice from Alice in Wonderland or Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz, someone who visited but returned to the real world.

Last edited by decarus; January 30th, 2012 at 5:36 am.
Old January 30th, 2012, 4:15 am
Fourth Year

Another good idea with who this Stranger is.

I have to say, next weeks episode looks very interesting. Rumples as the beast..strange take, but it looks good.

Old January 30th, 2012, 2:37 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuStark View Post
Another good idea with who this Stranger is.

I have to say, next weeks episode looks very interesting. Rumples as the beast..strange take, but it looks good.
I agree that is odd and yet intriguing

I knew sydney was not to be trusted! Man i really hate the queen, especially since after what happened in fairy tale world between them. I wish sydney would see her for the bad lady she is. Poor emma!

Old January 30th, 2012, 5:56 pm
Member of the Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
Now we have a lot of catching up to do. At least they have all the episodes on the ABC website.
That they do, but I have to say I don't think too much of the media viewer they have. The constant buffering is all hiccups to me.

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)
Old January 30th, 2012, 7:23 pm
Registered Animagus

So... erm... I had a case of the "Aw cute!" attacks when during the Mary Margaret and David scene with the wine. That was so adorable. I love those two! Such good chemistry as actors and so cute as a couple in the show.