Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Once Upon A Time

Old November 29th, 2011, 6:16 pm
Rocket Scientist

Re: Once Upon A Time

im liking the backstories but part of me wants them to move on with the story already. I did enjoy jiminy's backstory though.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2011, 2:40 am
First Year

Haha i love this show your right there is nothing like it on tv.

Old December 3rd, 2011, 9:13 pm
MODLY CREW

I'm not exactly in love with this show but I like tuning back in every week. There is something about it that makes it work.

Old December 5th, 2011, 2:48 pm
Rocket Scientist

I loved this latest episode. I never saw the twist with charming coming, and I like how they linked this early story to what we saw between snow and charming. Im just sad he turned her down in the real world. How long before we see the story where he picks her over midas's daughter in both worlds!

Old December 5th, 2011, 6:31 pm
Queen of Apathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
I loved this latest episode. I never saw the twist with charming coming, and I like how they linked this early story to what we saw between snow and charming. Im just sad he turned her down in the real world. How long before we see the story where he picks her over midas's daughter in both worlds!
I'm interested to see what happens next week. Who does everyone think the death will be?

Old December 5th, 2011, 9:14 pm
Registered Animagus

This was a very good episode. I also liked how they brought us back to the moment where we started with Snow in the tree about to steal from Charming. They really brought a lot of plot into this episode. It made me wonder what Charming's name really is because i imagine that James is the name of the dead prince so we don't know Charming's name. Also i love that Snow has Charming's mother's ring. She gave it to him so he would find his true love and then she ends up stealing it.

Also they just brought in a lot of new characters in the fairytale world. Enemies. Like the prince's "father", though he really isn't his father, and the i think Midas isn't going to like it when Charming doesn't marry his daughter. Though maybe not. I could just imagine some sort of all out war going on over there. We will see. It should be fun.

Also just a guess, but if i have to pick a death i pick the Sheriff who i think is the Huntsman, but we can always hope it is Kathryn or Abigail, Charming's fiance or fake wife.

Old December 6th, 2011, 12:56 am
Queen of Apathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
Also just a guess, but if i have to pick a death i pick the Sheriff who i think is the Huntsman, but we can always hope it is Kathryn or Abigail, Charming's fiance or fake wife.
Yeah the sheriff is definitely the Huntsman. I am really hoping they don't kill him off. I have enjoyed the playful chemistry between him and Emma. Would feel like a bit of a let down for it not to go anywhere.

But from the previews we see that he starts to remember.

Old December 6th, 2011, 6:01 am
Third Year

My first thought was the Huntsman/Sheriff. But I bet they cop out and make it a minor character like Red Riding Hood's grandmother. Perhaps with the focus being on a police officer, they introduce the big bad wolf as a criminal/serial killer? In red riding hood's fairytale, after both the grandmother and red are swallowed whole by the wolf, a hunter comes and cuts open the wolf allowing both to escape unharmed.

The only thing is, the preview looks like it has to do with Snow White and the Huntsman's story, not red riding hood.

My question is this: If someone died in the fairytale world, could they still be alive in the real world? It looked like James died, but his real-world counterpart was just in a coma. I don't quite understand the rules yet...

Old December 6th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaafeMJ View Post
My question is this: If someone died in the fairytale world, could they still be alive in the real world? It looked like James died, but his real-world counterpart was just in a coma. I don't quite understand the rules yet...
ACtually Im not convinced the real life counterpart is the original I think thats the twin. remember the twin married blondie in the fairy tale world too so it would make sense that david in the coma was the twin not the original prince.

Old December 6th, 2011, 6:16 pm
Third Year

Quote:
ACtually Im not convinced the real life counterpart is the original I think thats the twin. remember the twin married blondie in the fairy tale world too so it would make sense that david in the coma was the twin not the original prince.
Whoops, I should have been more specific lol. I was referring to the pilot episode when James was stabbed trying to get Emma into the device. It looked like when Snow White found him, he was dead.

Old December 6th, 2011, 6:40 pm
Registered Animagus

I don't think Charming was dead yet though when Snow was holding him. He was unconscious seriously injured which i guess is why he is unconscious. Maybe when the Mayor found him on the side of the road in the real world he had the same injuries and he recovered from those injuries, but was still in a comma.

I wonder if the person who died is just Snow's father who is the Evil Queen's husband if Snow is still her stepdaughter. For some reason i thought that they meant a character in the real world. Who knows.

Old December 6th, 2011, 10:21 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaafeMJ View Post
My first thought was the Huntsman/Sheriff. But I bet they cop out and make it a minor character like Red Riding Hood's grandmother.
See, that's exactly what I was thinking. I can't really see them killing off the Huntsman this early on, even though that was the first person I thought of. It'll probably be a character that we usually don't see much of, and they will randomly have a lot of screen time, then die. We'll just have to see where this goes next week!

Old December 7th, 2011, 6:39 am
Third Year

Quote:
I don't think Charming was dead yet though when Snow was holding him. He was unconscious seriously injured which i guess is why he is unconscious. Maybe when the Mayor found him on the side of the road in the real world he had the same injuries and he recovered from those injuries, but was still in a comma.

I wonder if the person who died is just Snow's father who is the Evil Queen's husband if Snow is still her stepdaughter. For some reason i thought that they meant a character in the real world. Who knows.
That's very possible. I wasn't really sure if he was dead or not.

Really interested to get that part of Snow White's backstory. I think that will answer quite a few questions!

Quote:
It'll probably be a character that we usually don't see much of, and they will randomly have a lot of screen time, then die.
Yeah, the more I think about it, the less I think they'll kill off someone with an actual story to tell this early in the run. Of course, the writers are LOST alums, and they did kill off
Spoiler: show
Boone
several episodes before the end of season 1, so...yeah.

Old December 11th, 2011, 9:33 pm
Seventh Year

I thoroughly enjoy this show. Thus far, it has blended fairy tale world and real world quite well. The Cinderella episode was weak, but all the others have been very good. I feel so bad for Mary Margaret as she's in a purgatory of loneliness. I'm waiting to see some more of that rogueish side of hers that was shown in the Prince Charming/Snow White episode.

I'm also wondering who the main antagonist is? I don't think Regina/Evil Queen is controlling events quite as much as she's led to believe. I think Rumplestiltskin is playing her like a violin.

Old December 12th, 2011, 2:42 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagrid442 View Post
I'm also wondering who the main antagonist is? I don't think Regina/Evil Queen is controlling events quite as much as she's led to believe. I think Rumpelstiltskin is playing her like a violin.
I think that Rumpelstiltskin is playing a game, but i don't think he is controlling things. I actually think that the Evil Queen is a pretty nasty villain. She has killed a lot of people and that is just what we know about. I think they are both playing their own games for their own reason. And really Mr. Gold hasn't, as of yet, done anything really evil.

Old December 12th, 2011, 2:08 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
I think that Rumpelstiltskin is playing a game, but i don't think he is controlling things. I actually think that the Evil Queen is a pretty nasty villain. She has killed a lot of people and that is just what we know about. I think they are both playing their own games for their own reason. And really Mr. Gold hasn't, as of yet, done anything really evil.
I agree the queen is evil, mr gold is more of a meddler, and an opportunist, he benefits off other peoples desires and wants.

as for last nights episode, so sad about graham! I was really starting to like him and emma, and i hope he comes back some how, but i wont hold my breath. He was so cute with henry!

Old December 13th, 2011, 1:37 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
I agree the queen is evil, mr gold is more of a meddler, and an opportunist, he benefits off other peoples desires and wants.

as for last nights episode, so sad about graham! I was really starting to like him and emma, and i hope he comes back some how, but i wont hold my breath. He was so cute with henry!
Graham! I saw it coming about half way through the episode. Not only did I fall in love with Graham and Emma, I also was just seriously in love with Graham by the end! Maybe if we both wish hard enough he'll come back!! *crosses fingers*

Old December 13th, 2011, 2:11 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Well just think about what Rumpel has done. He made a deals so that he could get in the position where he could tell Snow and Charming that Emma was the savior and the only way to break the curse was to get her out. Like he made a deal with King George, Charming's "father" to give him a child, he then made a deal with him to get the second child in exchange for a location of the fairy god mother, the location of the fairy god mother gave him the opportunity to make the deal with Cinderella, that then created the second deal with Cinderella that allowed him to get captured and be put in prison, this then placed him in a position to tell Snow and Charming to get Emma out and that she was the savior.

Don't get me wrong he seems pretty nasty, trying to take Cinderella's baby, but then he didn't do it he just gained a favor from Emma in exchange. And he took Charming's twin brother and made him the prince which then allowed the real Charming the opportunity to be the Prince and i think eventually the King and if none of that had happened Charming would never have met Snow.

Like i said Rumpelstiltskin seems pretty nasty in the way that he tricks people, but really the end game of the deals haven't been bad so far, like i said so far. I think they could end up being very bad because we have no idea what he is going to ask of Emma, but so far the deals have ended in some good for the characters. Charming became the prince of his kingdom, Snow and Charming met, Emma was able to escape, Henry was born.

The two bad things would be that he killed Cinderella's fairy god mother, though she could have just been transported and not killed but from the little we know she seems to have been killed. Also she might have been evil like he said. We just don't have enough information there. The other thing is, of course, he told the evil queen to kill her father which then allowed her to do the curse. So he enabled her to do the curse, but then that may turn out for the good in the end. Emma was able to have Henry because of the curse. Emma was able to escape and grow up and become who she became and maybe in the end that will be for the good.

My vibe of Rumpelstiltskin is he is evil, but he really hasn't done anything that evil yet so i just need more information. He has totally done the deals for his own person gain, but they haven't been quite evil. It looks like the next episode after the hiatus will be some of his back story. I look forward to it.

Last edited by decarus; December 13th, 2011 at 2:14 am.
Old December 13th, 2011, 5:55 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuStark View Post
Graham! I saw it coming about half way through the episode. Not only did I fall in love with Graham and Emma, I also was just seriously in love with Graham by the end! Maybe if we both wish hard enough he'll come back!! *crosses fingers*
There has to be some kind of loophole! I can't imagine that they would finally bring him out and give him a great episode, only to throw his character out the window. I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that next week brings some good news.

EDIT: I just looked at the IMDB page for Once Upon A Time and it looks like Jamie Dornan is on for 22 episodes. Now, this COULD just be the estimated first season episodes and he's not actually going to be in the rest of them, but here's to hoping!

EDIT No. 2: Ok, it does look like he's in at least three more episodes (released in January--according to IMDB), so now I'm left wondering how it's all going to be explained next week.

That was the last edit, I swear...

Thank you, COS, for the last 10 years. These forums will be greatly missed.

Last edited by Inigo Imago; December 13th, 2011 at 6:07 am.
Old December 13th, 2011, 1:27 pm
Registered Animagus

The show is on hiatus until January 8th. And they could still have the huntsman in the show because everything in the fairy tale world is in the past so they can show him in the past, but i think he is dead in the present.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television