Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

The Walking Dead

Old October 18th, 2011, 4:14 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Re: The Walking Dead

I know, the ending!!! This was literally my face: I was frozen on the edge of my seat during the whole beginning, too. I loved that they didn't show any commercials for the first 30 minutes. It was so suspenseful. And how amazing is Darryl?

And I agree with you about surviving in numbers. I don't think Shane's plan is very smart (the previews where he's running alone from hundreds of walkers! !!). I was also thinking about that family in the first season who didn't go with the group to the CDC. I wonder whatever happened to them.

So what do you think Jenner whispered in Rick's ear just before they escaped the CDC?

Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2011, 4:05 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
So what do you think Jenner whispered in Rick's ear just before they escaped the CDC?
Spoiler: show
My guess was that his wife is pregnant by his best friend, but I can't image how Rick could stay calm knowing that.

What if that ending incident means Shane decides he can't leave Lori, and it ends up one huge triangle and a war between the men over the baby?

And what happened to the guy who was chained onto the roof during the last season? Could he have been the one who shot the deer? Or did the family he left in the first season finally catch up with them, find the little girl, and then THEY shot the deer?

Can't wait until next week!

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, “After all this time?
And I will say, “Always.
- source unknown
Old October 18th, 2011, 9:07 pm
Registered Animagus

They haven't brought back any of the characters that have gone missing so far like the father and son, the guy from the roof. They need to do that. It has been so long that i barely remember what any of those people look like.

Old October 19th, 2011, 5:56 am

I agree they should bring back at least one of those characters soon. Regarding what Jenner whispered
But if Jenner told Rick that Lori is pregnant, why would Rick start to bring that up in his transmission to Morgan at the beginning of the episode? From the context of that, it felt like Jenner had said something about his research.

Old October 19th, 2011, 1:30 pm
Queen of Apathy

I thought it was a great season premiere. It had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. It also broke viewing records. Can't wait till Sunday.

Morgan and Duane should be back. I remember reading somewhere that Merle will be back too.

Old October 19th, 2011, 9:21 pm
Registered Animagus

This show really needs to gain some purpose. They are always just driving around getting attacked by zombies. They need to have a plan. They really need to pick a place to stay and stay there instead of wondering around. Then they could clear out that place and not have to worry about being randomly attacked all the time.

Old October 19th, 2011, 11:55 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

@ decarus: Agreed. Just saw part of this week's episode and it looks promising. But there needs to be more of a focus brought to the show to help it keep a good audience.

I might try and watch the rest of it tonight if I can . Once my mom is asleep perhaps, since she isn't that much of a Walking Dead fan herself .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old October 20th, 2011, 12:38 am
Registered Animagus

Honestly i don't really like the love triangle either. I mean this is life or death. Why are they messing around with that at this moment? I mean that guy really is just going to go off on his own. Why would anyone do that? Because of a girl. I mean seriously.

Old October 20th, 2011, 5:48 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
They really need to pick a place to stay and stay there instead of wondering around. Then they could clear out that place and not have to worry about being randomly attacked all the time.
They did that initially at that camp outside of Atlanta. They got attacked there when the walkers moved out of the city. Now they're shuffling around in herds, so they could come across your hide-out at any time. But I agree it would be better to take over an abandoned house, fortify it, and keep a low profile. If it's as easy as hiding under a car, then I'd just keep a vigilant look-out with Dale's binoculars and hide in the house when walkers came near. Of course, you could never allow any walker to spot you first, or you're toast unless it is a lone walker you could kill. But the main thing is how do you get food? And water? Pretty hard to keep under cover and avoid all walkers if you have to forage for food.

Anyway, that was a huge tangent. I'm not bothered by them still being disorganized. They're in an apocalypse! They've just been trying to survive minute to minute.

Old October 20th, 2011, 1:41 pm
Queen of Apathy

I think what keeps the show interesting is that they have to continue moving around from place to place. For me, it keeps the suspense up.

Now, if they go by the book they will try and settle down in a few different places. As for the love triangle, I see it as more of a mistake and them dealing with the consequences. I am hoping they stick to the book for the outcome on that storyline.

Old October 20th, 2011, 2:29 pm
Registered Animagus

I do think they need to pick a place and fortify it. Like you said they need to worry about food. They should be dealing with that somehow. They just seem to be randomly driving around. I don't even know where they are going right now. What if they run out of gas? And the roads would be a mess.

I like this show i just need a little more purpose and a little less love triangle.

Old October 20th, 2011, 11:02 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
I know, the ending!!! This was literally my face: I was frozen on the edge of my seat during the whole beginning, too. I loved that they didn't show any commercials for the first 30 minutes. It was so suspenseful. And how amazing is Darryl?

And I agree with you about surviving in numbers. I don't think Shane's plan is very smart (the previews where he's running alone from hundreds of walkers! !!). I was also thinking about that family in the first season who didn't go with the group to the CDC. I wonder whatever happened to them.

That was me as well: ...

I didn't see that coming at all. Threw me for a loop.

My question is this: Who was the one who shot both the deer and the kid? Are they on their side or are they a walker or someone else just trying to survive?

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old October 21st, 2011, 1:47 am
Registered Animagus

I think that the person who shot the deer and the kid have to be a person trying to survive. No one would have a reason to kill the kid, but they would have a reason to kill the deer. It can't be a walker right because they can't use a gun. They just walk, run, fight, bite, eat.

Old October 21st, 2011, 3:15 am

I agree. The person who shot the kid has to be someone else just trying to survive the apocalypse. I think they were just aiming at the deer and Didn't mean to hit the kid.

Old October 24th, 2011, 7:11 pm
Queen of Apathy

Really enjoyed last nights episode. Very emotional with an action packed ending.

Next weeks episode can't come fast enough.

Old October 24th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Seventh Year

Great episode!

Here's something I don't understand, though.
Why would walkers hang out at the high school, when there's no food there?

Looks like they may have to split up to an extent. One group has to stay with the RV. Leaving the blonde girl directions to the farm house probably wouldn't work, I'm guessing, since she hasn't found her way back to the road. Then you need a group looking for her. Then there's the group at the farm house.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
And I will say, “Always.
- source unknown
Old October 24th, 2011, 7:30 pm
Queen of Apathy

I think the walkers were at the school, because it was turned into a Fema center. So there would have been people there at one time. Also, I would assume any survivors in desperate need, may have come there looking for medical supplies or food. Much the way Shane and Otis did.

Old October 25th, 2011, 10:30 pm

I've only seen the first bit of the second episode today and so far, so good.

It was good to see that it was someone on their side that shot the kid by accident and not someone who was not... hopefully the kid makes it though.

Will (hopefully) be watching the rest of it tonight.

Old October 26th, 2011, 3:31 am

Really enjoyed the second episode. It wasn't as intense as the premiere, but it was still good. Can't wait til next week to see what happens to Shane and Otis! How can they escape that many walkers?!?

Old October 26th, 2011, 4:02 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysme View Post
I think the walkers were at the school, because it was turned into a Fema center. So there would have been people there at one time. Also, I would assume any survivors in desperate need, may have come there looking for medical supplies or food. Much the way Shane and Otis did.
Ah! So, basically, the food comes to the Walkers. Makes sense.

And I will say, “Always.
- source unknown
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television