Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

The new Doctor Who v.5 (spoilers for season 8)

Old May 24th, 2010, 9:56 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: The new Doctor Who v.5 (spoilers up to series 4 and specials and now series 5!)

In regards to the next episode -
Spoiler: show
Fan girls and boys may require the use of several tissues on saturday. Something epic and tragic is on the cards if the spoiler mongers are on the money.

I'm lme. Really lme.
or so says Moriath
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2010, 12:01 am
Representative Homosexual

Re: The new Doctor Who v.5 (spoilers up to series 4 and specials and now series 5!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
In regards to the next episode -
Fan girls and boys may require the use of several tissues on saturday. Something epic and tragic is on the cards if the spoiler mongers are on the money.
That's all you're going to tell us? D:

Old May 25th, 2010, 5:28 pm
MODLY CREW

My bet is that something happens to Rory.

Old May 25th, 2010, 8:22 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriath View Post
Well could it have anything to do with the engagement ring in The hungry earth?
I don't know why but where he put the box seems to stick out a bit in my memory of the last episode and i can't help but feel the ring has some significance in the ep/series, either that or i read too much Sherlock Holmes books and i'm pointing out non-important little things out of habit....

I'm in GRYFFINDOR!!!......AND I LIKE PIE!
~92% of teens moved on to rap music. If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig.~
Old May 25th, 2010, 9:38 pm

Quote:
I think that's right. I was reading some spoilers and ... meh, I hope they're not true. I like Rory more than Amy. D:

Old May 25th, 2010, 10:01 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus_pie95 View Post
Well could it have anything to do with the engagement ring in The hungry earth?
I don't know why but where he put the box seems to stick out a bit in my memory of the last episode and i can't help but feel the ring has some significance in the ep/series, either that or i read too much Sherlock Holmes books and i'm pointing out non-important little things out of habit....
I wondered about that, too. The camera followed the ring when he put it down which suggested it's significant. Or it might simply have been a dramatic device to show that he was thinking/worrying about Amy - the ring symbolised his love for her.

"Six years ter the day since we met, Harry, d'yeh remember it?"
"Vaguely...didn't you smash down the front door, give Dudley a pig's tail and tell me I was a wizard?"
"I forge' the details."

Old May 25th, 2010, 10:40 pm
Squee-worthy

I'll be very upset if something happens to Rory. After all the emphasis put on Amy choosing him over the Doctor (especially in Amy's choice where she thinks Rory is dead) I would feel like it was all for nothing.

Old May 25th, 2010, 10:51 pm
Fourth Year

oooh I have been away so haven't been able to fully catch up yet. Just asking, if Amy doesn't remember the events of the stolen earth does that mean the Daleks have done something to prevent it. Which inturn could mean that Donna never became the doctor/donna and Rose didn't go off with 10 1/2. Which leaves the question what happend to Donna??????

No words can describe the beauty of Australia

avatar thanks to m_kelbell on photobucket
Old May 25th, 2010, 11:40 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaban43 View Post
That's all you're going to tell us? D:
One other tidbit -
The Doctor finds something that shocks him to the core near the end of the episode. It has nowt to do with Amy or Rory. Again that's if the spoiler mongers are right.

Quote:
Yes and No. It's a bit of a Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey event of epicness that won't be resolved until the finale. That's if the spoiler mongers are bang on with the stuff they've been leaking. The Moff is probably not a very happy bunny at the moment.

I'm lme. Really lme.
or so says Moriath
Old May 26th, 2010, 7:28 am
Head of the Dept of
Magical Fundraising

Quote:
Yes and No. It's a bit of a Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey event of epicness that won't be resolved until the finale. That's if the spoiler mongers are bang on with the stuff they've been leaking. The Moff is probably not a very happy bunny at the moment.
There are lots of clues it's an alternate time line such as the 1980's talking brick phone and headphones that are like those that came with my first Walkman

Old May 26th, 2010, 7:31 am
MODLY CREW

Oh, I see. Does that mean the analogy with the Silurians wasn't as heavy-handed and crude as I thought and that they are, er, human?

Old May 26th, 2010, 10:51 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I think the second episode plays on the fact both are from earth and share similar traits.
The crack will probably wipe out the Silurians, like it did with the Weeping Angels. As far as Rory goes, i think this is going to split fandom down the middle. And may make RTD's cop out solution with Rose and Clone Ten look like pure genius. If the spoiler mongers are correct obviousbly.

I'm lme. Really lme.
or so says Moriath
Old May 26th, 2010, 1:23 pm

Quote:
As far as Rory goes, i think this is going to split fandom down the middle. And may make RTD's cop out solution with Rose and Clone Ten look like pure genius. If the spoiler mongers are correct obviousbly.
Not what I want to hear. D:

I have no clue how the series is going to turn out, but I heard someone suggest Rory might turn out to be a baddie anyway. There are some things that don't really add up about him, so they say, and perhaps he has something to do with Prisoner Zero and the crack.

Speaking of the crack, if things are supposed to be sucked into it and be erased, how did PZ come out of it in the first place? It might be we see PZ or that plot line pop up again in the finale. I have an awful suspicion the Doctor has somehow got himself trapped inside Amy's imagination. Maybe you don't disappear from reality if you go through the crack. You just escape Amy's head, lol.

Halfway through the series, I guess it's safe to say I really like the new Doctor so far. I haven't loved many of the episodes, but I at least like his personality. I haven't liked Amy much, but perhaps she'll grow on me after the finale and through the next series.

Old May 26th, 2010, 5:19 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Matt Smith has been very good thus far. The Problem for Karen Gillan is that shes not really had any meaty stuff to get her acting chops into. This should change fairly soon.

As for spoilers, I'll be doing a spoiler update on my LJ fairly soon.

I'm lme. Really lme.
or so says Moriath
Old May 27th, 2010, 8:58 am
MODLY CREW

I think Matt and Karen did both very well with the material they were given. I would even say that Karen got more to do since the first episodes were very companion-centric. I'd like to see and know more about the new Doctor. We hardly know him yet.

And I hope he doesn't turn out to be a companion-mind-sweeping meanie who's mean - like manic!emo!Ten.

Old May 27th, 2010, 8:53 pm

I really don't think he would do a mind wipe again. I really hated the fact he did that to Donna, but appreciated the circumstances under which he did it and the moral dilemma he faced, but doing that to Amy just because the person she loved died would be wrong. It's not up to the Doctor to say what she should and shouldn't remember. Along with the pain of seeing him go, he'd be taking away every good memory they had together. :/

Old May 27th, 2010, 9:01 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

*whistles*

There are several things that might happen to Amy's memories -
1. She forgets Rory because his body is eaten by the Crack. The Doctor being a Time Lord remembers Rory (Time Lords can see all possible timelines, know which ones are fixed and which ones can be changed).

2. Doctor Mind Wipe Donna style or via TARDIS.

3. Amy remembers and the Doctor struggles to keep her inside the TARDIS, resulting in him using the Sonic Screwdriver to lock the TARDIS Doors shut (i imagine Amy punches him to the floor).

That's what i've fathomed from the spoilers and speculation that's raging on Gallifreybase at the moment. Lucky so and so's have access to preview discs, either because they are connected to the show or work in the media.

Don't forget the first Adventure Game is out on June 5th. No idea how it'll be distrubuted outside of the UK. But I'm guessing BBC America might have it for the US market.

I'm lme. Really lme.
or so says Moriath
Old May 27th, 2010, 10:19 pm

Hmm ... also, if Rory is swallowed by the crack, there would be no Rory to go back in time and swap out with some sort of android. Too much to speculate about when it comes to spoilers. I'm just going to have to wait till the finale to think about it, hehe. XD

Old May 29th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaban43 View Post
Hmm ... also, if Rory is swallowed by the crack, there would be no Rory to go back in time and swap out with some sort of android. Too much to speculate about when it comes to spoilers. I'm just going to have to wait till the finale to think about it, hehe. XD
The body may end up in the hands of the Doctor's enemies, as with the fish vampires, they fled through a crack to earth. So Rory's body may end up in another place altogether.

As for the Pandorica ?

It's apparently a prison with a chair inside, big enough for one person (the pandorica might be bigger on the inside). Some have speculated that the Doctor is inside the pandorica or it might be someone entirely different. My random guesses based on nothing but my own fanboy views -
1. Omega - The very first Time Lord, created the blackhole that Rassilon used to create the eye of harmony. Sadly for Omega he ended up in an anti matter universe and went stark raving bonkers.

2. The Master - John Simm popping out would be every fangirls dream i guess. How he'd get into the pandorica is anyones guess. Not likely to happen though.

3. The Beast - Might be a bit lame after all that build up just to reveal the devil at the end of it. That would be the RTD thing to do.

4. The Pandorica contains Gallifrey and all the Time Lords (if that happens my name is Bruce Wayne).

I'm lme. Really lme.
or so says Moriath
Old May 29th, 2010, 6:31 pm
First Year

Rory Spoilers
Yeah Rory dies, and the Doctor lets his body be swallowed by the Crack, so that Amuy won't kill herself again, and forget Rory. He even Sonics the TARDIS so that Amy can't get out after him. It's quite Sad, and he finds a piece of The TARDIS Signage through the crack.

But A Slightly eveil clone Rory returns in the Finale

You all heard about all the Monsters coming back for the Finale?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television