Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Big Bang Theory

Old November 15th, 2009, 5:37 pm
Fifth Year

Re: Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjanepotter View Post
but I don´t really like the Penny -Leonard couple... not sure why though ...
I'm not a fan of it either... I used to find it cute in the first season, but now it just feels weird and doesn't make much sense... :/

Old November 17th, 2009, 10:37 am
Too MAGENTA for a UT

We're a little behind here in Australia. The most recent episode was where:

Spoiler: show
Sheldon used operant conditioning on Penny.

the tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting.

Old November 19th, 2009, 2:42 pm
Third Year

Remember that chapter, where Sheldon tried to smile but couldn't? I think it was when Raj got that magazine cover and Leonard told him to be happy for his friend.
OMG that was hilarious, the faces he made!!! aahahhahaha I am laughing right now just remembering it!!!! XD XD

Old January 17th, 2010, 10:22 pm
First Year

Big Bang Theory

For those who have regularly watched Big Bang Theory, there have been episodes where the cast members have dressed as Trekkies, Apes (from Planet of the Apes), Renaissance people and various other themes from movies, TV and festivals. It would be awesome if the writers of BBT would come up with a show wherein the cast members dressed up as characters from HP. Just a thought.

Old January 18th, 2010, 1:41 am
Third Year

Meant to look at this for a couple of years...finally got around to it a month ago. I wish I had seen it sooner, it's a real riot! Especially when Leonard's mother comes to visit, and Sheldon tries to make friends.

CoS|Pottermore
ThestralStorm121 is two sides of a coin.
Old January 21st, 2010, 8:51 am
First Year

Some of my friends just introduced me to the show a few weeks ago, and I fell in love with it! Between DVD sets, and searching the internet, I managed to watch all the episodes in about a week.

Besides the humor, though, the Leonard/Penny relationship was actually a big draw for me. I think part of it is I love the opposites attract aspect, and it's just really sweet.

Anyway, I wasn't much of a fan of last week's episode, but I thought this week's was hilarious!

Old January 21st, 2010, 11:25 pm
Fourth Year

I've become a recent fan of the show. Sheldon is my fav character. The episode where Penny gives him a napkin used and then signed by Leonard Nimoy made me laugh hard. Sheldon's reaction was priceless.

Old March 19th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Registered Animagus

I'm a latecomer to this series too but I love it. I just adore all of the characters. The chemistry the main cast has is great and the stereotypes are not overplayed. Like most others, Sheldon is my favourite character, but Leonard reminds me of my boyfriend a lot

My favourite episode is probably the one in season 3 where Howard and Raj go to the goth club. Priceless. Can't wait for season 4 (and the DVDs, I haven't seen them out here).

Old March 19th, 2010, 8:50 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
I've become a recent fan of the show. Sheldon is my fav character. The episode where Penny gives him a napkin used and then signed by Leonard Nimoy made me laugh hard. Sheldon's reaction was priceless.
Whenever I feel like having a laugh, I watch that particular bit. I almost died of laughter the first time.

You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time.
The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it.

—Neil Gaiman

Thank you so much, lilyrose, for the lovely avatar and signature pictures!
Old June 15th, 2010, 11:10 am
Oracle Octopus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
Sheldon is my favourite character
He is the only reason I watch the show, and maybe penny.

Old June 17th, 2010, 3:55 am
Third Year

I just found this series and have to say I am loving it. I just can't get enough. I've watched seasons 1 and 2 on dvd, but am having to catch season 3 on reruns. My family is a bunch of geeks, so we get all the Star Trek, Star Wars, LOTR and comic book references. We don't get all the finer points of the physics jokes as we're more computer people and engineers, but we know enough to find them hilarious as well.

I watched the original un-aired pilot that I found on-line somewhere. It featured a girl named Katie, instead of Penny and no Raj or Howard. It had a darker tone and Sheldon was different. But it was interesting to see some of the lines that they kept when they remade the pilot.

Old June 21st, 2010, 1:54 am
Second Year

I didn't know there was an original pilot different than the current series. Any idea where you found it?

Old July 14th, 2010, 4:41 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaWeasley View Post
I watched the original un-aired pilot that I found on-line somewhere. It featured a girl named Katie, instead of Penny and no Raj or Howard. It had a darker tone and Sheldon was different. But it was interesting to see some of the lines that they kept when they remade the pilot.
I saw that too! It was very interesting, different apartment, different supporting cast. They did keep the bit at the beginning with the high IQ sperm bank though. That was funny. I'd like to know why they changed it, because its so different. I did notice that they were planing to do what they did with Leonard and Penny with Leonard and Katie. I wonder why they changed it, even though I like the current version better.

Old July 14th, 2010, 9:36 am
First Year

Bill Prady and Chuck Lorre have talked about the original pilot, and said that they basically changed it because the audience didn't like how Katie was being so mean to the guys. I bet she probably would have eventually softened a bit towards them, but she was just too harsh from the start, so they revamped it with the much nicer Penny.

Interestingly, Kaley Cuoco originally auditioned for the Katie, and they liked her, but decided she wasn't right for the part. But then when they changed the script to include Penny instead, Kaley once again auditioned, and of course this time got it.

Old July 14th, 2010, 12:35 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherfish81 View Post
I didn't know there was an original pilot different than the current series. Any idea where you found it?
I think I may have found a link to the original pilot on an IMDB chat board for the BBT. Once I went there and it was taken down, but later I checked again and it was back.

Katie was much harsher than Penny; it had a whole different tone. I like Penny better.

Old July 14th, 2010, 7:50 pm
First Year

The original pilot is up on youtube, but the videos are unlisted so you can't find them in a search. PM me for the links (I'm not sure if it'd be allowed to post here or not).

Katie had a few funny lines, but I definitely prefer Penny. And Gilda was interesting, but I missed Howard and Raj. If the original pilot had gotten picked up, I'm not so sure if I would have ended up watching the show, but I loved seeing it now to see what changed and what didn't.

Old September 13th, 2010, 3:49 pm
Second Year

I love this show, and I have seen the first pilot.
I thought it was terrible basically because Sheldon had a "deal", and I like "deal-less" Sheldon.

I can't wait for the season premiere and I am super happy that Shelly won the Emmy!

"Stop it you're making Shelly cry.
-I'll tell you what's making Shelly cry, that I let you name him Shelly!"
hahahahah

Last edited by Hes; September 13th, 2010 at 4:20 pm.
Old October 8th, 2010, 6:31 am
First Year

Big Bang Theory is a laughter provoking show. Season 4 of big bang theory is running high these days.

Old October 8th, 2010, 1:48 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferhomes View Post
Big Bang Theory is a laughter provoking show. Season 4 of big bang theory is running high these days.
I agree, there have been so many great jokes, i loved the line last night about including the whole manhattan project, and the line about fancy feast and it not being very fancy.

So hilarious.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old October 8th, 2010, 4:01 pm
Curse Breaker

I haven't seen the original pilot--though it might be interesting to check out. As a new fan of the show who has only seen bits of Season 3 and the first handful of Season 4 episodes, I confess I'm confused. Parsons is really good at what they're asking him to do, but the series seems to just feature him and everyone else recedes into the background. The situations he creates are quite funny, but to me he seems like the least likeable of the four coworkers/friends. And double-dosing with Amy will get quite old quite quickly (although it was interesting that they found an actress who's a good imitator of a female "Shelly.")

No worries. No spoilers here.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television