Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Shows That You Know Will Make You Feel Better

Old August 16th, 2008, 10:51 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Re: Shows That You Know Will Make You Feel Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathlyH View Post
The American Idol auditions are always great for a laugh. Your spirits just get lifted by seeing (and hearing) some of the people that show up there.
Yea I've watched some of those before... They're the only part of American Idol that I can tolerate ... They make me laugh my butt off .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2008, 7:42 pm
First Year

Well Friends never fails to make me laugh so I always watch that when I need cheering up!

Old August 17th, 2008, 8:01 pm
Fifth Year

Friends every time. I just love them. I fall asleep to them every night. If hubby gets fed up with Friends I resort to The Vicar of Dibley. I never feel down when watching either program.

Old August 18th, 2008, 4:30 am
Gwen's Auntie

Usually, what makes me feel better is The Office and I Love Lucy reruns.

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton
Old August 18th, 2008, 5:00 am
Animaga terpsichore

America's Best Dance Crew. Dancing always makes me feel better,

Keep On Dancing Til The World Ends
Old September 2nd, 2008, 9:29 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Asian (ie Japanese and Korean or Taiwanese) dramas can be great- Princess Hours and the Japanese Hanazakari no Kimitachi e are my favourites.
If I'm feeling particularly down I might even resort to anime.

Old September 2nd, 2008, 6:47 pm
Qvack...

Friends. There's just always something in it that makes me smile. Otherwise I'd go with Frasier, because I love the snobbery of Niles and Frasier when they're together!

Hmm. I'm trying to think of another, but those would really be my two. I also love the old episodes of Pokémon, the original ones, but those are never on tv anymore.

THE DUCK.

Old September 4th, 2008, 11:12 am
First Year

Whose Line is it Anyway (Uk version preferrably although if I'm really depressed it isn't necessary), Stella Street and QI always make me smile. Spot the common theme! :P

Old September 4th, 2008, 2:30 pm
Registered Animagus

Family Guy and Scrubs always cheer me up

Old September 4th, 2008, 3:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiricduck View Post
Friends. There's just always something in it that makes me smile. Otherwise I'd go with Frasier, because I love the snobbery of Niles and Frasier when they're together!

Hmm. I'm trying to think of another, but those would really be my two. I also love the old episodes of Pokémon, the original ones, but those are never on tv anymore.
I love Frasier !! That show never failed to make me laugh... both Niles and Frasier were so snobby at times that it made me laugh my butt off. And I really loved how Niles finally got Daphne -- yep, I was a Niles/Daphne shipper back in the day .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old September 5th, 2008, 4:38 am
Qvack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
I love Frasier !! That show never failed to make me laugh... both Niles and Frasier were so snobby at times that it made me laugh my butt off. And I really loved how Niles finally got Daphne -- yep, I was a Niles/Daphne shipper back in the day .
Oh, me too! People told me I'd never see my dream come true! Goes to show how much they know. I think the funniest parts of it actually involved Roz. That girl was a one woman comedy club. She got some of the best ever lines, and she also got the more adult jokes within the show, making her funnier today that she ever was.

The best episode for making me feel better is the New Years One, with Niles and the Emergency Break. Does that make sense?

Incidentally, Scrubs is a great show. I love it to bits, but the moral lesson learning sometimes gets me down. I like the comedy/drama line they have drawn in it though.

Also, Recess, that cartoon from Disney, keeps me happy whenever I see it. I always wish my lunch break was like that.

THE DUCK.

Old September 5th, 2008, 4:52 am

Quote:
Oh, me too! People told me I'd never see my dream come true! Goes to show how much they know. I think the funniest parts of it actually involved Roz. That girl was a one woman comedy club. She got some of the best ever lines, and she also got the more adult jokes within the show, making her funnier today that she ever was.

The best episode for making me feel better is the New Years One, with Niles and the Emergency Break. Does that make sense?

Incidentally, Scrubs is a great show. I love it to bits, but the moral lesson learning sometimes gets me down. I like the comedy/drama line they have drawn in it though.

Also, Recess, that cartoon from Disney, keeps me happy whenever I see it. I always wish my lunch break was like that.
Yea I know, sometimes people can be silly that way . Yep I definitely agree with you on that... she was just funny through and through. How about Bulldog? Man he could make me laugh .

I think I remember that one... but it's been awhile since I've seen it. Did you ever see the one where Roz sees Niles... in a way she never did before ? Gah, that one had me in stitches... Classic Niles all the way.

And as for people saying that things would never happen... I remember when that was the case back when the X-Files was on the air . They thought that Mulder and Scully would never kiss and stuff... boy did they get surprised ...

Awesome!! I loved that show as well .

Old September 5th, 2008, 5:30 am
Qvack...

Quote:
Yea I know, sometimes people can be silly that way . Yep I definitely agree with you on that... she was just funny through and through. How about Bulldog? Man he could make me laugh .

I think I remember that one... but it's been awhile since I've seen it. Did you ever see the one where Roz sees Niles... in a way she never did before ? Gah, that one had me in stitches... Classic Niles all the way.

And as for people saying that things would never happen... I remember when that was the case back when the X-Files was on the air . They thought that Mulder and Scully would never kiss and stuff... boy did they get surprised ...

Awesome!! I loved that show as well .
Bulldog was a total classic. There was actually probably nobody better for pointless laughs. And I do remember that one! It was brilliant! So off key with those two, but really a great episode!

Ah, I was real sad when it ended. But I don't think they could have done much more with it either. Everything can only run on so long.

I remember X Files too. That was never a surprise for me, I have to say. I just... assumed. And I was much younger at that stage, but my dad was a big big fan.

THE DUCK.

Old September 5th, 2008, 5:46 am

Quote:
Bulldog was a total classic. There was actually probably nobody better for pointless laughs. And I do remember that one! It was brilliant! So off key with those two, but really a great episode!

Ah, I was real sad when it ended. But I don't think they could have done much more with it either. Everything can only run on so long.

I remember X Files too. That was never a surprise for me, I have to say. I just... assumed. And I was much younger at that stage, but my dad was a big big fan.
Yea he was . The actor who played him is awesome . Yep I second that. I do too, it's on YouTube if you want to watch it again... it still makes me laugh everytime that I see it. It truly was and still is a great episode .

Yep it was, and I second that as well. It was heading towards the end of its run and was starting to run out of ideas, but it was really fun while it lasted.

Ah, well let me put it this way: there were some who saw the movie (The X-Files: I Want to Believe) this year who were ( a woman who never saw their relationship cross from the professional stage to the personal/romantic one, was in complete shock over it -- when I read that in her review... it had me in stitches; also I saw a comment where this one person thought that they took a scene in the movie too far... I was like, 'hello, that's tame by comparison to what they do in other movies' ) -- it just made me laugh my butt off. Rather ironic to see that some people are shocked by the strangest things...

Nice... I just assumed as well... I got to see it from around the 3rd season onward and their relationship (for the most part) developed nicely... with the exception of some soapy stuff and WHINY Scully . Other than that, it was nice to see the both of them go against what the creator of the show (Chris Carter) originally wanted... basically them never getting into any type of relationship... and NO kissing...

Old September 5th, 2008, 6:55 pm
Qvack...

Quote:
Yea he was . The actor who played him is awesome . Yep I second that. I do too, it's on YouTube if you want to watch it again... it still makes me laugh everytime that I see it. It truly was and still is a great episode .

Yep it was, and I second that as well. It was heading towards the end of its run and was starting to run out of ideas, but it was really fun while it lasted.
I think all of its ability to make me giggle would have disappeared if it had continued- much like Friends. It's just one of those things that happens, and I completely go along with it for the most part. Sometimes it's not even the comedy that keeps me watching, it's the interaction. I love getting attached to certain characters, and the best thing ever is that paramount Comedy run episode after episode of those shows every day of the week. Depressed, me? Never!

Quote:
Nice... I just assumed as well... I got to see it from around the 3rd season onward and their relationship (for the most part) developed nicely... with the exception of some soapy stuff and WHINY Scully . Other than that, it was nice to see the both of them go against what the creator of the show (Chris Carter) originally wanted... basically them never getting into any type of relationship... and NO kissing...
Yeah, I don't know what he was thinking. Doesn't he know that the romanticism is what makes these shows good?! Ooh, that's another thing! Anything that comes out with a good partnership storyline will draw me in. Their happiness pervades through the tv set to where I sit.

You'd swear I watched tv every day. Which is obviously impossible, since I spend the majority of my time on this maddeningly addictive forum.

THE DUCK.

Old September 5th, 2008, 7:18 pm

Quote:
I think all of its ability to make me giggle would have disappeared if it had continued- much like Friends. It's just one of those things that happens, and I completely go along with it for the most part. Sometimes it's not even the comedy that keeps me watching, it's the interaction. I love getting attached to certain characters, and the best thing ever is that paramount Comedy run episode after episode of those shows every day of the week. Depressed, me? Never!

Yeah, I don't know what he was thinking. Doesn't he know that the romanticism is what makes these shows good?! Ooh, that's another thing! Anything that comes out with a good partnership storyline will draw me in. Their happiness pervades through the tv set to where I sit.

You'd swear I watched tv every day. Which is obviously impossible, since I spend the majority of my time on this maddeningly addictive forum.
Yea same here. I definitely do the same -- I just love it when characters interact well between each other. It's what helps to make a show good.

Yep I know... he just didn't have a clue when it came down to it at first. Romanticism is also the meeting of the minds, two people who are in love with each other and would do anything to make sure that the other person doesn't get in harms' way. Me too... I love seeing characters being happy . In the end, he finally did get that much right (in the movie, their relationship was a Mature, Adult one) . And they did a decent job (for the most part) during the show once their relationship moved over to that realm.

Yea same here with me...

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; September 5th, 2008 at 7:21 pm.
Old September 5th, 2008, 9:15 pm
Qvack...

Quote:
Yep I know... he just didn't have a clue when it came down to it at first. Romanticism is also the meeting of the minds, two people who are in love with each other and would do anything to make sure that the other person doesn't get in harms' way. Me too... I love seeing characters being happy . In the end, he finally did get that much right (in the movie, their relationship was a Mature, Adult one) . And they did a decent job (for the most part) during the show once their relationship moved over to that realm.
A true shipper, huh?!

Incidentally, though I don't want to come across as a general "squeeing silly" type, I have to say that a bit of the old romance doesn't exactly go astray with making me feel better. I mean, what better to do on a Saturday night than be hanging around my house watching tv and prying into an imaginary relationship that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!

THE DUCK.

Old September 6th, 2008, 12:21 am

Quote:
A true shipper, huh?!

Incidentally, though I don't want to come across as a general "squeeing silly" type, I have to say that a bit of the old romance doesn't exactly go astray with making me feel better. I mean, what better to do on a Saturday night than be hanging around my house watching tv and prying into an imaginary relationship that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!
Yep -- before the relationship itself had taken that turn... old skool all the way . Even went to see FTF when it was still in theaters... dang bee !! Ruined a perfectly good moment .

I know, same here... -- old romance is awesome. Just watching that makes me feel the same way. Nothing better than that... instead of all of the crud that's on tv these days. We don't really get to see any type of relationship get formed anymore... and none of them even come close to the level where Mulder and Scully's is at now. So I am truly proud to be a fan in terms of that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth83 View Post
Friends every time. I just love them. I fall asleep to them every night. If hubby gets fed up with Friends I resort to The Vicar of Dibley. I never feel down when watching either program.
Woot!!

I love The Vicar of Dibley... Dawn French never fails to make me laugh . That show is just awesome .

Old September 6th, 2008, 4:34 am
Secret Keeper

Most shows bore me quite a lot, so i'd have to say....american idol, because it has music, and Mythbusters, because it's always interesting

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old September 6th, 2008, 4:58 am
Sixth Year

Hmmm...I'd have to say sitcoms like George Lopez, Malcolm in the Middle and Everybody Loves Raymond...then there's in Living color DVD's. A good laugh from all four.

- I John 4:18

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television