Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Futurama!

Old July 31st, 2007, 1:08 am
Fifth Year

Futurama!

I think the first thread got pruned, so here's another because there have been updates since Comic-Con 2007, where there was a Futurama panel. For those of you who aren't yet aware, Futurama is now producing 4 new straight-to-DVD movies that will air as 16 episodes on Comedy Central in the U.S. and nobody knows for sure yet in the UK.

The first new DVD is going to be released a week earlier now! Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...c3f1a3c77a3ff:

"Futurama" is coming back. 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment is expected to announce at Comic-Con International the first original "Futurama" productions since the animated show went off the air in 2003.

"Futurama: Bender's Big Score" will be released Nov. 27 directly to DVD. It's the first full-length "Futurama" feature based on the TV series; three more films will be released individually through 2008, all with the original creative team and voice cast on board.

The plot centers on the "Futurama" crew fighting to save Earth in an epic battle against nudist alien Internet scammers. Bender the robot soon comes under the alien's spell and is sent back in time to loot the Earth of its greatest treasures; at one point he runs into Al Gore, who guest stars as himself, during the 2000 presidential recount. Other guest stars include Coolio and Sarah Silverman.

"Futurama" is the second Fox TV series to spawn a made-for-DVD program. Two years ago Fox's home entertainment unit released a direct-to-video feature based on the "Family Guy" series, "Family Guy Presents: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story."

Also, unbelievable as it may be... there's a video trailer of the first minute of the first movie!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

Last edited by YellowPoofBall; August 2nd, 2007 at 10:45 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2007, 1:43 am
First Year

Re: Futurama!

Awesome I love Futurama!!

Old July 31st, 2007, 6:57 am
Fifth Year

I love Futurama....my favourite character is BENDER!!! HE RULES!!!and Leela

Old August 2nd, 2007, 2:37 am
Second Year

I used to watch Futurama a lot, I always thought it was very clever and had a good and sharp sense of humour. It spoofed many things and issues in every episode and, for me, it was hilarious and clever.
I've always rooted for Leela and Fry, he's so cute...
And the rest of the characters are awesome as well: Bender, the Professor, Amy, Zoidberg! haha and the Jamaican guy (don't remember his name), Captain Zapp Branigan and Kif...
Too bad they cancelled it, i'll never forgive Fox for doing such thing
However, I read somewhere that the new season will be broadcasted on Comedy Central in 2008? Is that for real?

Old August 2nd, 2007, 3:20 am
First Year

YES!!! Futurama is awesome! As a matter of fact, I'm planning on watching it when it comes on cartoon network in 35 minutes

Old August 2nd, 2007, 10:42 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky_M View Post
Too bad they cancelled it, i'll never forgive Fox for doing such thing
However, I read somewhere that the new season will be broadcasted on Comedy Central in 2008? Is that for real?
Fox never actually cancelled it, they just stopped requesting episodes. So they still have the rights to the show if they want it. They're releasing 4 straight-to-DVD movies that will be aired as 16 episodes on Comedy Central beginning at the end of this year. I put a link to a trailer in the first post.

Old August 28th, 2007, 8:58 pm
Fifth Year

How exciting, a DVD cover and plot summary for Bender's Big Score!

Plot Summary: When the evil naked aliens launch a cyber-attack on Planet Express, they make a shocking discovery: the secret of time travel, mysteriously tattooed on Fry's buttocks. Using their devious nudist software to control Bender, they repeatedly send the beer-fueled robot back in time to loot Earth of its greatest treasures. Bender's rampage through history has shocking repercussions when he encounters Al Gore (guest-starring as himself) during the 2000 Presidential recount. Meanwhile, Leela finds true love, a beloved crew member suffers an embarrassing decapitation, and Fry learns deep secrets about his destiny and his buttocks.

Old August 28th, 2007, 9:00 pm
Sixth Year

Futurama is Hilarious! I love bender and Dr. Zoidberg.

- I John 4:18

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart
Old August 28th, 2007, 9:03 pm
Ordo Lebes

Oh man, I love Futurama.

"When do I get my Slurm?"
"Soon enough."
"But that's not soon enough!"

Fry is my hero. Stupid as he is, he's hilarious.

"What's that?"
"It's a sea-cow."
"Oh, cool. We've got those on land. We call them land-sea-cows."

Believe me. I never betrayed James and Lily. I would have died before I betrayed them.
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:12 pm
Fourth Year

OMG YAY! i'm so tired of living off the old ones on cartoon network. but they're still funny whenever i see them, so it's all good. i'm excited now.

Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathise with humans whose experiences we have never shared.-JK Rowling
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:17 pm
First Year

I like it but in Italy hasn't been on since 2003

Old August 28th, 2007, 11:35 pm
Custodian of Hades Vault

Futurama's great, I agree. I have rabbit-ears now so I have to live off my one set of DVD's...in $ saving mode

In case I forget: Opinions posted in the US Political Discussion forum are posted as a member and not as a moderator

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. - Kingsley

Sustainability should be a part of what we do every day.
Old August 29th, 2007, 3:06 am
First Year

Futurama has been my favorite show on the air since its beginning. I remember seeing the pilot episode during my 4th grade spring break and I've been hooked ever since, having seen every episode at least 10 times..

These DVD movies will be MINE! Fry is my #1 favorite cartoon character of all time!

"I used to dream about being an astronaut. I just never had the grades. Or the physical endurance. Plus I threw up a lot and nobody liked spending a week with me."

Love this show.

Please, check out my brother's book:The Egyptian Diamond!
If you have any questions about it or want to know more, feel free to IM or e-mail me!
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:35 pm
Suteki da ne

Eeep! I love Futurama! I always said it was coming back, I think I said it in the last Futurama thread. I do prefer the Simpsons, but this is almost as good!

My favourite Futurama is Jurassic Bark, cos it's really sweet and has a parallel to the true story of Greyfriar's Bobby, the dog from Edinburgh whose owner died and the dog sat by the owner's grave until the dog died, and he sort of became the city's dog.

We asked ourselves, "Can we really fight 24 hours?" And the answer was, "We will fight 8,760 hours!"
- Nobuo Uematsu

Old August 30th, 2007, 6:04 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlubalybub View Post
Eeep! I love Futurama! I always said it was coming back, I think I said it in the last Futurama thread. I do prefer the Simpsons, but this is almost as good!

My favourite Futurama is Jurassic Bark, cos it's really sweet and has a parallel to the true story of Greyfriar's Bobby, the dog from Edinburgh whose owner died and the dog sat by the owner's grave until the dog died, and he sort of became the city's dog.

I waited for you, Fry!

Please, check out my brother's book:The Egyptian Diamond!
If you have any questions about it or want to know more, feel free to IM or e-mail me!
Old August 30th, 2007, 6:30 am
Registered Animagus

I love Futurama but here they keep showing the same series over and over and I now know all of the words to every episode. My favourite character is Zapf Branigan. He knows how to work it

Old September 30th, 2007, 8:08 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knux7 View Post

I waited for you, Fry!

OMG I CAN'T watch that episode anymore...it's too sad. It's truly a heartbreaking one. It was just on a few weeks ago and I had to change the channel

Old October 1st, 2007, 2:25 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

I still like Futurama. It's still one of my favorite shows.

One of my favorite episodes, which I actually saw for the first time this year, was the one where "Fry died", and Leela was hallucinating, thinking that he was still alive. He would only appear in her dreams, though, and at the end of the dream, Fry would always tell her to wake up. I found that episode so sweet! To be honest, any episode where Fry tries to impress Leela I really like.

Oh, one thing I do find off with the series is how inconsistent it is at times. Sometimes Fry is disturbingly stupid, and other episodes, he's normal. For example, the episode where he and Bender messed up the Professor's place and he fired the three of them, and they had to get newer jobs. Leela had their old career chips, Fry looked at her like he was confused, especially after she said that's how they met.

Another episode where it's shown that he does have the ability to think, was like that ep where Kif got pregnant. He was the one who proposed that any of them could've gotten Kif pregnant, since he touched all of them. Seriously, someone completely moronic I doubt would've thought of something like that. There are other incidents like this as well.

They should either have Fry as a slightly immature, average guy with a dead-end job, or either keep him completely moronic.

Old October 3rd, 2007, 6:52 pm
Fifth Year

I can't watch Jurassic Bark anymore either. Luck of the Fryish is really sad too.

I think Fry's level of stupidity depends on how funny it'll be. Most people who like Fry think he's funny because of the dumb things he does and says, but I think it'd get pretty boring if he was always like that.

So a trailer for the upcoming movie was on the Fantastic 4 DVD that came out yesterday. Somebody finally uploaded it!
Futurama trailer
It's much clearer than the link I posted in the first post.

Old October 4th, 2007, 12:41 am
Seventh Year

Ooh, I love Futurama! It's awesome. Bender is my hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlubalybub View Post
I almost cried when I first saw this episode. It breaks my heart everytime I see it

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television