Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Monty Python

Old May 1st, 2007, 5:37 am
First Year

Re: Monty Python

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Druid View Post
Ah! cool. I found The Brand New Monty Python Paperbok in an op-shop one day, near perfect condition, all of the lift-outs still in it and everything.

Has anybody else seen the 'lost' German episodes?
Yeah i have actually. they did the 1st one entirely in german, including the lumberjack song. pythons speaking german = priceless. the 2nd episode they did in english, then got it dubbed in german but i've seen the english version.

my favourite part was probably the lumberjack song in german. :P and also the german restaurant sketch, and this one scene where cleese runs hand in hand with chapman, complete with slow-motion and a huge fake nose on graham... tho im not sure whether ive seen it in there or some other english episodes.

Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2007, 9:50 am
Too MAGENTA for a UT

I love 'The Merchant of Venice' as performed by The Bad Ischl Dairy Herd

Theater Critic: It is always a joy to see a new interpretation of one of Shakespeare's works. But seldom do we find something so refreshingly original as this production by the Cows of Bad Ischl. The Merchant of Venice has always been a difficult play for animals. I remember three years ago some chickens from Kaiserskauten trying it and failing miserably. But these cows have avoid-ed the pitfalls that the chickens fell into. They haven't tried to dress up. They haven't tried to make it into an allegory about eggs. And they didn't run away all the time. I loved it. I can't wait to see these fine dairy cows get to grips with Wagner at Bayreuth next week.

the tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting.

Old May 1st, 2007, 10:02 am
First Year

they are awsome and stuff.

they are awsome and stuff

Old May 1st, 2007, 8:00 pm
Fourth Year

My absolute favourite is the Life of Brian. I near choked laughing all the way through it. The part where Brian is mistaken for the messaih or when the Judean's peoples front decide to fight for the guys right to have babies hilarious

Always look on the bright side of life do do do do do do do do

No words can describe the beauty of Australia

avatar thanks to m_kelbell on photobucket
Old May 1st, 2007, 11:06 pm
First Year

Why is it that nobody remembers the name of Johann Gambolputty... de von
Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-
dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-
ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-
spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-
nurnburger-bratwustle-gernspurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut-
gumberaber-shonedanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?

This is perhaps my favorite sketch of all:
  • (A cocktail party in Dulwich. Quiet party-type music. Constant chatter.) Host Ah, John. Allow me to introduce my next-door neighbour. John Stokes, this is A Snivelling Little Rat-Faced Git. Ah!
    Mr Git: Hello, I noticed a slight look of anxiety cross your face for a moment just then, but you needn't worry - I'm used to it. That's the trouble of having a surname like Git.
    John: Oh ... yes, yes.
    Mr Git: We did think once of having it changed by deed-poll, you know - to Watson or something like that. But A Snivelling Little Rat-Faced Watson's just as bad eh?
    John: Yes, yes, I suppose so.
    (Mrs Git (John Cleese in Drag) approaches.)
    Mr Git: Oh, that's my wife. Darling! Come and meet Mr... what was it?
    John: Stokes-John Stokes.
    Mr Git: Oh yes. John Stokes, this is my wife, Dreary Fat Boring Old.
    John: Oh, er, how do you do.
    Mrs Git: (in a masculine voice) How do you do.
    (Mrs Stokes appears.)
    Mrs Stokes: Darling, there you are!
    John: Yes, yes, here I am, yes.
    Mr Git: Oh, is this your wife?
    John: Yes, yes, yes, this is the wife. Yes. Um darling, these, these are the Gits.
    Mrs Stokes: (slightly shocked) What?
    John: The Gits.
    Mr Git: Oh, heaven's sakes we are being formal. Does it have to be surnames?
    John: Oh, no, no. Not at all. No. Um, no, this... this... this is my wife Norah, er, Norah Jane, Norah Jane Stokes. This is Snivelling Little Rat-Faced Git. And this is his wife Dreary Fat Boring Old Git.
    Mr Git: I was just telling your husband what an awful bore it is having a surname like Git.
    Mrs Stokes: (understanding at last) OH Oh well, it's not that bad.
    Mr Git: Oh, you've no idea how the kids get taunted. Why, only last week Dirty Lying Little Two-Faced came running home from school, sobbing his eyes out, and our youngest, Ghastly Spotty Horrible Vicious Little is just at the age when taunts like 'she's a git' really hurt. Yes.
    (Mrs Git gobs colourfully into her handbag.)
    John: Do ... do you live round here?
    Mr Git: Yes, we live up the road, number 49 - you can't miss it. We've just had the outside painted with warm pus.
    John: (with increasing embarrassment) Oh.
    Mr Git: Yes. It's very nice actually. It goes nicely with the vomit and catarrh we've got smeared all over the from door.
    Mrs Stokes: I think we ought to be going. We have two children to collect.
    Mr Git: Oh, well, bring them round for tea tomorrow.
    Mrs Stokes: Well...
    Mr Git: It's Ghastly Spotty Cross-Eyed's birthday and she's having a disembowelling party for a few friends. The Nauseas will be there, and Doug and Janice Mucus, and the Rectums from Swanage.
    Voice Over: (and caption) 'And Now a Nice Version of That Same Sketch'
    (Cut to exactly the same set-up as before.)
    Host: John! Allow me to introduce our next-door neighhour. John, this is Mr Watson.
    Watson: Hello. I noticed a slight look of anxiety cross your face just then but you needn't worry.
    (Cut to nun.)
    Nun: I preferred the dirty version.
    (She is knocked out by the boxer. Cut to Women's Institute applause film.)

Old May 2nd, 2007, 2:29 am
First Year

my favorite part was them using coconut halves to make it sound like they were riding horses.

"The aurors are a part of the rotfang conspiracy, I thought everyone knew that. They're working to bring down the ministry from within using a combination of dark magic and gum disease."
-Luna Lovegood
Proud to be a Ravenclaw

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old June 30th, 2007, 5:22 am
First Year

My mom got my dad the entire Monty Python's Flying Circus series on DVD and also the Holy Grail. I got my best friend to watch it and now we sing Brave Sir Robin at each other and quote it at random moments. Minstrel: [singing] Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot. He was not afraid to die, oh brave Sir Robin. He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways, brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin. He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp, or to have his eyes gouged out, and his elbows broken. To have his kneecaps split, and his body burned away, and his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Robin. His head smashed in and heart cut out, and his liver removed, and his bowels unplugged, and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...
Sir Robin: That's, uh, that's enough music for now, lads... looks like there's dirty work afoot.
Minstrel: [singing] Brave Sir Robin ran away...
Sir Robin: *No!*
Minstrel: [singing] bravely ran away away...
Sir Robin: *I didn't!*
Minstrel: [singing] When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled.
Sir Robin: *I never did!*
Minstrel: [singing] Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about, and valiantly, he chickened out.
Sir Robin: *Oh, you liars!*
Minstrel: [singing] Bravely taking to his feet, he beat a very brave retreat. A brave retreat by brave Sir Robin.
I love this movie!!

"Dumbledore's man through and through," said Harry. "That's right."
"He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though, keep up with news, check if I'm happy."
"This is night, Diddykins. That's what we call it when it goes all dark like this."
Old June 30th, 2007, 6:40 am
Rex's Mummy

Thanks to them I learned how defend myself against fresh fruit!!!! One of my favorite skits. That and the Cheese Shop... hilarious.

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old June 30th, 2007, 7:03 am
Fourth Year

All you need is a "point-ed" stick!

Old June 30th, 2007, 8:26 pm
First Year

I love Monty Python. I was laughing the entire time while watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail. That movie was really funny. I also have And Now for Something Completely Different.

Old June 30th, 2007, 8:35 pm
First Year

God: What are you doing now?
King Arthur: Averting our eyes, oh Lord.
God: Well, don't. It's just like those miserable psalms, always so depressing. Now knock it off!
God: Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"...

King Arthur: How does it... um... how does it work?
Sir Lancelot: I know not, my liege.
King Arthur: Consult the Book of Armaments.
Brother Maynard: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one.
Cleric: [reading] And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu...
Brother Maynard: Skip a bit, Brother...
Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Brother Maynard: Amen.
All: Amen.
King Arthur: Right. One... two... five.
Galahad: Three, sir.
King Arthur: Three.

MPatHG was awesome.

Old June 30th, 2007, 10:48 pm
Third Year

I love the scenes with God in Holy Grail. That and the frenchman, whose funny slapstick I can't quote. One of my favorites: "Let's not go to Camelot, 'tis a silly place." I love how those guys can speak any inanity with a completely straight face.

UNIQUE: Just because you are unique does not mean you are useful.

MySpace is fun.

Proud member of OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Old July 1st, 2007, 3:22 am
Fifth Year

I hate to say I have only seen one Monty Python movie (Holy Grail), and I actually don't remember it much. It was my first real date with my current boyfriend and I was so nervous about him being there that I didn't really pay much attention to the movie. But what I did really watch of it I thought was really funny.

"Pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays."

~ sllagnire ~

Old July 1st, 2007, 4:38 am
First Year

I am a BIG fan of Monty Python.

I remember watching the Killer Joke sketch way back in 1975 when it first came on PBS and knew right there it made most American comedy obselete.

Old July 9th, 2007, 12:11 am
Purveyor of Prophesy

Just look at one of the lines of my signature!!!!

To the Black Knight: "Look, you stupid *******, I just cut both your arms off!"
The Black Knight: "T'is merely a flesh wound!"

"I'm not dead!" "What'd he say?" "I'm not dead!" "He says he's not dead." "Well, he will be soon enough. He's very ill."

"THE MESSIAH!!! WE WANT TO SEE THE MESSIAH!" "They say they want to see the Messiah." "I'm not the bloody Messiah." "HE'S NOT THE BLOODY MESSIAH! NOW **** OFF!!!"

"This parrot has ceased to be! It is a non-parrot."

When faced with a choice between two evils, I always choose the one I have never tried before.
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:17 am
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

"I played Miss St. John the Baptist in a trench, and I played Miss Napoleon Bonaparte in a trench, and I played Miss Alexander Fleming in a furrow so if you want this scene played out of a trench, well you just get yourself a godda** stunt man. I played Miss Galileo in a groove and I played Mrs Jesus Christ in a geological syncline!"

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Old July 9th, 2007, 2:50 am
[user title]

I thought it was brilliant that they Had Eric Idle do the voice of the parrot in 102 Dalmations. My kids were half way threw watching it when I realized it was him.

Old July 9th, 2007, 9:38 am
Too MAGENTA for a UT

Man: I think it was, "Blessed are the cheesemakers"!
Gregory's wife: What's so special about the cheesemakers?
Gregory: Well, obviously it's not meant to be taken literally. It refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.

Boring Prophet: There shall in that time be rumors of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia-work base, that has an attachment. At that time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer, and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.

the tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:56 pm
Snape Lover

I'm trying to find a particular MP sketch but I don't remember the exact words so nothing's coming up in my searches.

He goes into an art shop and says something like, "Good Morning, I want to buy a painting of a depressed horse."
The shopkeeper says something like, "Oh I'm sorry, we don't have anything like that. What about this lovely painting of a beleaguered ferret."
He responds, "That ferret looks more nervous than beleaguered."
blah blah blah, they go through it like 3 times, and then the shopkeeper calls back to his wife asking if they have a certain painting and she says "Have you shown him the picture of the nervous ferret?"

I think they did the sketch a couple different times. Does anyone else remember it and/or can help me find it online? Thanks

Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:57 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala_way View Post
I'm trying to find a particular MP sketch but I don't remember the exact words so nothing's coming up in my searches.

He goes into an art shop and says something like, "Good Morning, I want to buy a painting of a depressed horse."
The shopkeeper says something like, "Oh I'm sorry, we don't have anything like that. What about this lovely painting of a beleaguered ferret."
He responds, "That ferret looks more nervous than beleaguered."
blah blah blah, they go through it like 3 times, and then the shopkeeper calls back to his wife asking if they have a certain painting and she says "Have you shown him the picture of the nervous ferret?"

I think they did the sketch a couple different times. Does anyone else remember it and/or can help me find it online? Thanks
I'm pretty sure thats Little Britain

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television