Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Gilmore Girls v.2

Old March 30th, 2007, 4:15 pm
Twilight Princess

Re: Gilmore Girls v.2

Heh, I believe that a new one is going to air on April 17th.

Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2007, 4:22 pm
Curse Breaker

Excellent. Any word official word on contract negotiations? It would be a shame if they had to actually run a Luke-Lorelai elopment to get them married before the end of the series.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old April 18th, 2007, 3:00 am
First Year

i think no matter what luke and loreli should end up together ... I never liked Chris even from the begining..........and i didnt like Logan at first but i really like him now, I hope him and Rory get married, same for Luke and Loreli...but the series is running out of time...ugh

GO CHUDLEY CANNONS!!!

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old April 18th, 2007, 3:26 am
First Year

I don't think that Rory and Logan will stay together, I think that they will probably break up.

I was very upset with Logan when he went back to his old ways and was glad that Rory finally stood up to him.

I think that Luke and Lorali well end up getting back together. But if this season is their last then it will probably be all rushed and forced.I really hope that they stay for at least one more season because they need that just to tie up all the loose ends.

Old April 18th, 2007, 5:44 am
Zonko's Employee

I LOVED tonight's episode.
Spoiler: show
Lorelai's conversations with both Logan and Luke were perfect. I think the writers are doing really well with picking up the pieces they were left with.

Old April 18th, 2007, 9:48 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
I LOVED tonight's episode.
Lorelai's conversations with both Logan and Luke were perfect. I think the writers are doing really well with picking up the pieces they were left with.
I agree. It was perfectly awkward with both Logan and Luke. They have to be pleasant and polite, but Lorelei wants to speak her mind. She did with Logan, which was nice, and -- yay! -- looks like next week she'll talk to Luke..

Bara bap bara ra ra...
Old April 19th, 2007, 5:49 pm
Zonko's Employee

Remember to use spoiler tags for the people who don't want to know yet.
I just really, really hope there's another season after this.... Everything is going so well, and in a TV series, that's always a bit scary!

Old April 25th, 2007, 9:11 am
Curse Breaker

I saw last week, and I liked Lorelai's conversations with both Logan and Luke. However, I felt she let Logan off very easily and the conversation with Luke sort of settled things, but I thought--it took us 10 months to get HERE?! She finally...lamely...admitted that rushing into Christopher's...arms...was a huge mistake. Like, duh! And Luke finally admitted that his freak-out over April was--stupid and also a bit selfish and dishonest (aside from the fact that both April's parents seemed terrified she'd get more attached to Lorelai than to either of them--both justifiable and weird in the case of her mother who'd been raising her alone her entire life). Another Iago-level non-surprise. So basically it took us 10 months to get to the season premiere--"Shiny," as Captain Malcolm Reynolds says.

The current episode was interesting in only one aspect--we learned that Paris is absolutely 100% head-over-heels out of her mind for Doyle and he is similarly smitten with her. I mean, they feel about each other the way that Emily and Richard felt about each other in the beginning and still feel about each other most times. It's like they're an intellectual, OCD version of Jackson and Sookie. When they get married...NOT if, WHEN they get married, I'm positive Paris will spend the fortnight before her wedding getting up in the middle of the night to try on her dress. Equally intriguing, Rory isn't that in love with Logan--she regards him the way her mother regarded Digger Stiles--or, maybe, Max Medina. Rory had to consciously make the decision to agree to factor Logan into her life decisions--Paris couldn't HELP doing that instinctively. Of course, she overreacted which was beautifully neurotic and wonderfully Paris. The Luke/Lorelai thing was cute--Lorelai was partly just being Lorelai and partly trying to provoke a caffeine/junk food spat to get them back to being friends instead of over-formal exes. The fact that Luke went on a Holy Grail quest to find her the perfect engine to stick into the housing of her beloved old Jeep indicated to me that they are warp-speeding through the stages, as they should since they still clearly are soulmates--so while it felt like a waste of time, it served a purpose. The Sookie-Jackson thing--eh, so what? You knew that wasn't totally over, but you also knew they were never in serious jeopardy--I wonder if Luke might be able to fix or improve the dollhouse himself.

The only thing I absolutely LOATHED about the episode was Rory and Paris doing a flip-flop from their college admissions saga. Back when Paris lost it over not getting into Harvard it was cute and ironic that a person of her intellect and drive could be foiled by her own personality (and I really bought that interview where she exploded at the Harvard admissions counselor and that such a negative impression could outweigh her stellar application because she appeared unhinged--I mean she practically left bone shards and her endocrine system splattered around that office, she melted down that completely). So, at least it was believable. Since Paris wisely didn't interview at any of the places she applied to, it made sense that her stellar academic record and her mastery of the English language could impress and/or bamboozle any admissions committee she chose to tempt. Rory not getting the fellowship at the New York Times was set up earlier in the season when she passed on the Providence paper that she would have loved because she wanted the Times--but it made no sense. She is stupendously overqualified and more impressive than any of the other "best and brightest" who applied for that fellowship--I mean, come on--you have to know that. So, why wouldn't she get selected? The only thing I could possibly think of would be pressure from one Mitchum Huntzberger, but why on earth would he bother? He can't seriously blame Rory for Logan's debacle, can he? Maybe he's trying to force Rory into taking a job wherever Logan lands so she can keep him in line? I guess that could be a possibility and that's definitely devious enough to qualify as a Mitchum maneuver. Really, I suppose, they're keeping their options open so they can have both Gilmore Girls in next season if there is a next season, but still--Rory not getting that fellowship makes not the tiniest bit of rational sense. Also, of course, wherever Rory goes, there shall be Paris, so they gave Paris enough options to stun a team of oxen so the writers can be sure that wherever Rory lands, they can contrive some way for Paris--and her man Doyle--to land there as well.

Last edited by jordmundt6; April 25th, 2007 at 10:47 am.
Old April 25th, 2007, 9:37 am
MODLY CREW

Hmm, I haven't seen the last three episodes, so I can't pass the best judgement, but this "We changed our minds, Logan isn't The One for Rory" is the lamest set-up since April appeared in the series. Are they striving for realism by having one Gilmore happy with her man at last and the other concentrating on her career (because you really, really can't have both )? I'm not thrilled by this development, especially since this season is most likely the last. I'm afraid that the season finale is going to be as disappointing as the season finale of Ally McBeal.

Old April 25th, 2007, 9:47 am
Curse Breaker

Madron, I actually don't think they're making a statement as ridiculous as that--Lorelai is going to have both her soulmate and her career, just you watch. Frankly, I think they're just bowing to the inevitable with Logan--aside from maybe three bright spots (starting with riding in to save the Yale Daily News) he really hasn't been right for Rory. He's been her Christopher, and she's outgrown him much faster (apparently) than Lorelai outgrew Mr. Hayden.

I'm really not sure it's possible for the Gilmore team to write a finale as horrible as the Ally McBeal series finale--though if Taylor turns suddenly philanthropic and announces his wedding to Gypsy as a town holiday (presided over by the Mayor, of course) I'll start to get nervous.

Old April 26th, 2007, 6:13 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
I'm really not sure it's possible for the Gilmore team to write a finale as horrible as the Ally McBeal series finale--though if Taylor turns suddenly philanthropic and announces his wedding to Gypsy as a town holiday (presided over by the Mayor, of course) I'll start to get nervous.
That may just go under the "worst possible ending" category.
This stinks--I was just starting to like Logan and feel like maybe he's good for her after all, but after I just did the research everyone else has apparently been keeping up on much better than I, I might as well have never decided to give the guy a chance.
I really want Luke and Lorelai to be together before we have to say goodbye. If the series is over after a kiss, that's nothing to go on. *pulls hair out*

Old April 30th, 2007, 2:06 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madron View Post
I'm not thrilled by this development, especially since this season is most likely the last.
According to The Globe, the seventh season will be the last. Lauren and Alexis were insisting that they'd only come back if the other came back. Contract negotiations, however, still fell through. Melissa McCarthy has even already signed up to co-star opposite Jean Smart and Christina Applegate in an ABC comedy pilot called Sam I Am.

The last episode will air on May 15th.

You know, I've been watching Gilmore Girls on ABC Family (the Jess re-run thing) for hours now and, I have to say...seeing Jess post-book kind of makes me miss him. If I were Rory, I probably would have cracked and given him a big hug.

Now I'm not so sure Rory is good with Logan...

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf

Last edited by DarkDaysAhead; April 30th, 2007 at 4:35 am.
Old April 30th, 2007, 6:13 pm
Curse Breaker

They better have a SOLID finale--about losing Ms. McCarthy--I haven't been feeling the love or the necessity of Sookie or Jackson lately, so they could theoretically have a season without her if some eleventh hour miracle happened.

The previews for this week look confusing--the last episode looked like it demonstrated a huge difference between Rory (who may sort of love Logan, but it's not a lifetime kind of love) and Paris (who's absolutely addicted to Doyle the way that Emily is and was addicted to Richard), but now they're setting us up for a proposal by Logan--um, WHY? So, Rory can have her very own Max Medina?

Old April 30th, 2007, 6:56 pm
Zonko's Employee

So that there is complete "closure" in all matters, I guess.
It is, in fact, the end then, huh? I will have nothing left to watch on TV. Seriously.

Old April 30th, 2007, 7:00 pm
Curse Breaker

I hadn't heard that--but I'm indescribably sad for the CW--they will have NO quality series with the elimination of GG and the impending demise of Veronica Mars.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 4:32 am
Zonko's Employee

Tonight's episode made me cry! So sweet! (Lorelai and Luke)
I love seeing Lane married and a mom. She has my life. (Though none of mine are twins...)

Old May 2nd, 2007, 7:47 am
Curse Breaker

I've always been a little nonplussed by Zach--his goofy dependence on Luke was funny the first couple times they touched on it, now it's rather silly. I'm glad that Lane realized she couldn't swing a tour, but is perfectly willing to let her husband go and fulfill his dream for a couple of months.

Lorelai and Luke were silly, sweet, and heartfelt as always--but I'm sure hoping Lorelai's rendition of "I Will Always Love You" wasn't the show's backhanded way of closing the book on them because there isn't time for a reunion--and the panicky disposal of the April trip (another nod to the impending end of the show seemed very forced, very deus ex machina).

Rory is another matter entirely. Frankly, I'm getting fed up with this whole situation. It makes no earthly sense that she didn't get the fellowship at the times and using this whole thing as a "Joey Potter growth experience" is a pile of manure. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I find myself agreeing with Emily, and, when that happens, I know there's usually something seriously wrong. With me. Thank heavens it happens so rarely.

On a side note, it was good to see Dakin Matthews back as Headmaster Charleston, it means that he's still alive and healthy--and that's definitely a good thing.

Additionally, may I just say that the CW's promos are total garbage--the entire promo focused on the last 90 seconds of the episode--just like the in-show promo for Veronica focused on that show-closing kiss (yay!).

Now, next week looks like Rory's graduation and that means two things.

!. Christopher--YUCK!!! WHY?! Things are just barely back on track with Luke! and

2. Logan's proposal. I'm sorry--I just can't get excited about this. It's awful. We've seen that whatever her feelings are for Logan, they don't amount to true love and now her way out of her funk is to get married and basically become a junior corporate wife? That's not her. It's NOT HER! NOT RORY!!! I know Logan's promise that she'd forget her disappointment in a couple days should be sweet and understanding and it is, up to a point, but a little of that attitude looks like 1950s Donna Reed show--Don't worry darlin'; you don't need a job. You'll marry me and I'll bring home the bacon. That's not Rory and it never has been. She's meant for more than that--that sort of marriage might be easy for awhile, comfortable for awhile, but it's not right. It would be different if she really loved him--but she just doesn't. She should marry for love, not security--and right now, marrying Logan would be all about security.

Last edited by jordmundt6; February 15th, 2008 at 6:57 am.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 8:50 am
MODLY CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
2. Logan's proposal. I'm sorry--I just can't get excited about this. It's awful. We've seen that whatever her feelings are for Logan, they don't amount to true love and now her way out of her funk is to get married and basically become a junior corporate wife? That's not her. It's NOT HER! NOT RORY!!! I know Logan's promise that she'd forget her disappointment in a couple days should be sweet and understanding and it is, up to a point, but a little of that attitude looks like 1950s Donna Reed show--Don't worry darlin'; you don't need a job. You'll marry me and I'll bring home the bacon. That's not Rory and it never has been. She's meant for more than that--that sort of marriage might be easy for awhile, comfortable for awhile, but it's not right. It would be different if she really loved him--but she just doesn't. She should marry for love, not security--and right now, marrying Logan would be all about security.
I haven't had the time to catch up with the latest episodes but isn't that a little unfair? When has Logan ever treated her as a little housewife? Rory would have said the same to Logan, that he would get over it and there are more jobs out there. Logan was not happy when Rory tried to play Emily Gilmore and he does not look for a wife like that or he would date a girl his parents approve of.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 9:01 am
Curse Breaker

I'm sorry, it took him awhile to grow, but he's shown more depth than his father--it just seems, the way he talked about his plans hinting at them--that the engagement could stand in for a job, it was like he was reflexively presenting the only kind of married life he'd ever seen, not because he approved of it, but because that's what he was conditioned to produce--and without a job, she'd be sliding into that role whether he expressly meant it that way or not. I don't consider him evil or conniving or controlling, but the way in which he was brought up conditioned him to create a marriage like that--rather like Christopher chafed under the constraints of not being able to "provide for" Lorelai and Rory--her independence and spirit was what he loved most about her and yet he exploded because of the frustration of being forbidden from assuming the role of provider. He has a plan, but I don't know if he's considered what a marriage without some plan for employment would mean for Rory. Becoming an Emily is the path of least resistance and she can exist--even thrive in that world. Logan wouldn't set out to cage her, but she could construct and bar her own cage out of reflex and habit before either of them stopped to consider what their actions meant. Plus, as potentially troubling as that path is, the more disturbing part of all this is that we see that Rory cares for Logan, but she doesn't have that lifetime kind of love--that total package that Lorelai keeps chasing. Marriage to Logan would be like marriage to Max or Christopher--good, well-intended with some love behind it, but ultimately incomplete and unfulfilling.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 5:46 pm
Seventh Year

I've heard rumors of there being an 8th season, but it only being 13 episodes vs. the normal 22 episodes. I think that would be a good idea. I think that would offer enough time to bring closure to us fans. I'm hoping that this rumor I hear is correct.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television