Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Gilmore Girls v.2

Old October 20th, 2015, 5:13 pm
Curse Breaker

Re: Gilmore Girls v.2

Well, I have some bittersweet news. Netflix has announced they are in negotiations to bring back a series of Gilmore Girls mini-movies (90 minute episodes, more than 3, less than 8...also known as 4) with most of the surviving original cast. And the Palladinos, particularly Amy writing it. So, they were only a full presidential term late with this particular idea. Somewhere up there Ed Hermann is rolling his eyes at the hubris that delayed this particular project.

No worries. No spoilers here.

Last edited by jordmundt6; October 21st, 2015 at 5:13 am.
Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2015, 2:30 pm
Rocket Scientist

but it's definitely happening! I had a friend go on the WB studio tour last week and they said they've been at the studio filming! So it's real and coming soon

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old November 21st, 2015, 3:50 pm
Curse Breaker

Well, yeah it's real. But just because it's real doesn't necessarily mean it'll be good. The "Dead Like Me" reunion movie sans Rube was awful. On the plus side

A. Amy's writing it, maybe writing and directing it.
B. They got as much of the band back together as they could.

I'm STILL furious with them that they couldn't get their act together and do this five years ago when Ed Hermann was still healthy and just quietly being awesome narrating stuff for the History Channel and doing alternately avuncular and curmudgeonly parts for the Disney Channel and Hallmark. Come ON!!

Okay, I'm back.

Last edited by jordmundt6; May 23rd, 2018 at 3:22 pm.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 1:45 pm
Rocket Scientist

Yeah I'm going to miss Ed Hermann and I hope they at least pay a small tribute to him in these episodes. But I'm hoping the whole thing will be a good homage to the show.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old November 26th, 2015, 9:44 am
Curse Breaker

These things tend to split half and half. Some reunions are awesome (if frustrating). And here I point to Serenity, Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars, and the Veronica Mars movie. And some are just awful (the last two Highlander "films", the Dead Like Me reunion show). Usually the split of excellent to terrible has to do with whether the creators are involved. The creator of DLM bailed. Rob Thomas was a driving force. But that's not a hard and fast rule.

Even the best have their bumps. I wasn't wild about what they did to Wallace's character. It feels as though ever since the sixth episode of season 2 where the writers realized he could be a threat to the "leading men" on the show--he's been deliberately misused and abused. It's not quite a "Product Placement Pete" situation, but it was close in a couple spots.

And losing Wash was hard on the Firefly fans. Though, in fairness, it turns out to be a lot less painful than what JW had in store for season two. Yikes!!

I'm hoping Amy puts even more of herself into this than she did into the affable, underappreciated Bunheads. If she does, it could be great. If she doesn't it could be a trainwreck.

Old June 8th, 2016, 12:55 am
Curse Breaker

So, this thing is called (right now) "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life." And they brought everyone back that they could. Sookie and Jackson. Mike, Kirk. Babbette. All three men/boys who lusted after Rory plus Logan's crew. Our power couple of Fastidious Freak-Out (Paris and Doyle). Laine and her entire band (somehow Keiko Agena has aged the least in the entire cast. How in the WORLD is that possible??? ).

No official sighting of Miss Patty (though the actress has been looking ill lately). No Digger, no Max, No CHRISTOPHER. Praise be!! Although, I think they might be hiding him in reserve.

No Headmaster Charleston or Taylor or Mayor. Mayor might be deceased, but the other two are still around as far as I know. No official sighting of Gypsy. No Dave.

Still a pretty full boat. I will try to keep my gripes that they waited too long on this to a dull background muttering. Hopefully Ed Hermann is smiling down on this little enterprise.

But apparently Patty is there, even if there aren't leaked pictures of her on set.

Dean 1 episode. Christopher 1 episode. Doyle and Paris 1 episode. Tristan's Girlfriend 1 episode. No Tristan. What? Why? Why Christopher? Why Tristan? Why Tristan's girlfriend? What???

Last edited by jordmundt6; June 9th, 2016 at 3:38 am.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television