Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Blue Bloods

Old October 8th, 2014, 4:46 am
Curse Breaker

Re: Blue Bloods

A potentially intriguing start to the new season. The premiere felt like they were throwing things at the wall just to stir things up. Boredom on the part of the showrunner? Nice to see Jameson coming into his own as a quiet (and maybe not so quiet) leader among the patrolmen in his squad. I half hoped that the friction with Baez might give them a window to bring Jackie back, but no such luck.

Jury's still out on Erin's new direction. Her beau/boss looks familiar, but I don't remember from where. At first, I thought they recast her dreaded ex. Nope. Maybe this will work, and maybe it won't. The only thing we don't know from the first two eps is if there are long-term plans for Nikki's character. I hope so.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2014, 6:24 pm
Curse Breaker

Okay, how many higher-ups in the Catholiic Church does Frank know? I think this makes one cardinal and two archbishops. That doesn't seem possible.

I...really didn't care for their take on the Missouri crisis in last week's episode. That having been said, it was still a decent episode. I'm not sure what they're saving the character of Rev. Potter for, though.

This thing with Jamie and Eddie is starting to become bothersome. She's been around for other smart pretty women hitting on him, now they're going to develop NYPD Blue subplots? Hmm. It could be okay, or it could be a disaster. Mercifully, they haven't discussed Erin's personal life again (yet).

Old November 2nd, 2014, 2:08 am
Curse Breaker

Okay, another two episodes have passed.

1. The thing with Jamie and the twit who terrorized his girlfriend was frustrating. They almost had to break out Judge Wrong Way from the Law & Order franchises for that to be a plot.

2. This thing with Nikki and colleges is bizarrely inconsistent. Two episodes ago. Rutgers, the mighty state school of New Jersey, was turning its nose up at Ms. Reagan-Boyle for social media activity mildly retaliating against a ludicrously drawn "social studies" instructor. The bully who clobbers you over the head to make you agree with her anti-bullying stance. It was the second instance in two seasons of Erin completely asleep at the switch concerning her daughter's education situation.

In this most recent episode, Nikki got accepted into Columbia. Now, Erin's an alum, but if Rutgers won't have you because your a disruptive influence...no WAY is Columbia going to touch you. I can definitely see Nikki getting accepted to Columbia, but the other recent plotline doesn't jibe with the rest of what we know about her character.

Danny's new lieutenant is an interesting addition, but the summary the network provided to TV guide was more misleading than usual.

Old October 5th, 2015, 7:30 am
Curse Breaker

Jamie has a thoroughly competent female partner who's somewhat fiery and very attractive. So, they've thrown in his attraction to her as part of the plot. Their decision this year to get more edge seems to mean that Danny's penchant for taking risks is starting to backfire and some really odious individuals are getting away. Ugh. And in other news, Sammi Gayle seems to be in some sort of hushed up contract dispute with CBS. She's gone from a titles player to being completely absent. She's only been in the family dinner scenes in the first two episodes.

Old October 23rd, 2015, 3:58 am
Curse Breaker

They have another idea for Jamie's character. What if he were the guy who helped the NYPD revolutionize the way they deal with the mentally ill? I thought the storyline was okay and the continuing idea was decent. I'm not sure how I feel about their decision to limit Nicky to dinnertable scenes or their decision to go "darker." Danny almost dies twice, loses a serial murderer. Linda has PTSD. Jamie pulls every string, but the woman he was trying to help committed suicide. Yikes.

Old February 20th, 2016, 6:33 pm
Curse Breaker

Okay, I hope Nikki gets a better subplot than THAT sometime in the season's second half. That was awful. Although it could have been better if we'd seen her approach the guy and lay the deception on him. I have not been impressed with Erin's sense of her daughter or how to approach crisis (although she was a little better this time). Also, the "feud" with that particular DA had very little set-up, unless he works with the gal who tried to crush Jamie earlier this season. I AM glad that we got rid of the Frank/Mayor Poole posturing subplot. That got old the first time they brought it up.

Old March 13th, 2016, 10:05 pm
Curse Breaker

So, Alex Kingston guest-starred as some sort of British deputy commander recently and her character and Frank's "sparked" or we are meant to believe they did. Which is fine, they haven't had Frank actually date in probably three seasons. This was an interesting character to introduce.

Not really a fan of "young hotshot syndrome" as the Reagans' field of acquaintance broadens, but it was interesting to see Jamie as a training officer again, and not as a partner fighting an attraction. It was also interesting to see him lose his temper since he rarely does so.

Old April 20th, 2016, 7:03 am
Curse Breaker

The most boring recurring villain of this season is dead and Nikki's character got traumatized in the bargain. Um, yay?

This is a Top 10 show, and it will probably be back, but I can't tell if they're going to try for a cast shakeup (similar to the corporate idiocy that's happening on Castle). Will Marisa Ramirez be taking a sabbatical when her kid is born? Is Sami Gayle leaving or getting booted? Hmph.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television