Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Arrow

Old December 15th, 2014, 1:22 pm
Rocket Scientist

Re: Arrow

I'm still gutted from the arrow midseason finale... I'm really curious to see where they take things. There's many routes they could go, but the arrow writes usually go the unexpected route. My question is what's merlyn's game? Why send ollie in knowing he couldnt beat ra's. I know merlyn has a master plan here the question is what... And what will thea do when she finds out the truth about merlyn...

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2014, 3:43 pm
Curse Breaker

I'm not sure what Merlyn's endgame is. Frankly, I don't care. I don't find him interesting or compelling or worthy of my or this series' time. I wasn't overly surprised by the end of the episode because, to my knowledge, only one DC hero has ever bested Ras al Ghul. And Oliver Queen ain't him.

We know Oliver will survive on the mountain somehow because we didn't see a body break apart.

About Speedy--it's a consistent performance from the actress, but I have serious doubts about whether or not she'll ever find out how Merlyn used her--Oliver (and by extension, his team) would clearly go to ANY length to shield her. And that's JUST as stupid (well, almost) as Laurel telling everyone in the world BUT her father that Sarah is dead.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old August 30th, 2015, 2:54 pm
Curse Breaker

I'll have to binge watch the second half of the season (either on demand or after the DVD purchase). I thought I'd be a lot happier now that Oliver is making understandable and enlightened choices about his personal life. But...the cost is very high.

Ras al Ghul is an iconic villain, and seeing how the succession played out...did other elements of the DC-verse absolutely zero favors. I still have a very hard time seeing Laurel as a believable Canary. That's just how it breaks for me. I'm holding out mild hope for the midseason spinoff because it's supposed to be somewhere for Ray Palmer and....another series favorite to go that's separate from both Flash and Arrow.

Spoiler: show
The other series favorite is Sarah, reborn in the Ghul pool as "White Canary."

Old August 31st, 2015, 2:14 pm
Rocket Scientist

I struggle so much with Laurel's character. It didn't have the growth i hoped it would to make Black Canary believeable. It's really the only major issue I have with this show. It's hard cause Sarah was such a great canary and Laurel's character hasn't quite found her footing yet.

Old September 29th, 2015, 4:22 pm
Curse Breaker

The answer they're floating in publications like TV Guide is that

Spoiler: show
While Oliver and his MUCH better half are away recharging and finding a new focus, Diggle will be doing the full-on hero thing and leading...wait, without Roy or Felicity, what is he leading? Laurel?
HAHAHAHA.

I just can't take Laurel seriously.

Also, although Speedy is very competent as of now, she doesn't seem like she'd take direction from anyone very well. So, Dig is supposed to be holding down the fort with a lone wolf and an incompetent? That seems like it wouldn't go any better than the Scoobies trying to Slay without Buffy at the beginning of Season 3. Yikes.

Last edited by jordmundt6; September 30th, 2015 at 4:55 pm.
Old September 30th, 2015, 4:44 pm
Rocket Scientist

I would guess Laurel and Speedy

And I'm so over laurel it's not even funny... I so wanted some redemption and character growth with her transformation into black canary and it just didn't happen Every other character on this show is so awesome and her character is just so so broken (and not in the good way, but in the she has zero motivation for the things she does way). I don't get it.

Old October 1st, 2015, 3:18 am
Curse Breaker

This feels like the first signs that the Arrow/Flash team had problems with casting female parts. It would be uncharitable of me to invoke the name of Lana Lang, but that's where we are. She's the female lead (nominally). In several of the comics continua (and apparently initially here) she's supposed to be Oliver's true match and partner. But they can't write the character, and the actress can't save them from the writing. Be glad they've taken some steps to alleviate this and that Felicity hasn't become Chloe Sullivan. And that they've found a landing spot for Sarah who absolutely deserved better. I'm curious what Colton Haynes is doing now that he's walked away from two successful TV series in four years.

Old October 7th, 2015, 1:52 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
This feels like the first signs that the Arrow/Flash team had problems with casting female parts. It would be uncharitable of me to invoke the name of Lana Lang, but that's where we are. She's the female lead (nominally). In several of the comics continua (and apparently initially here) she's supposed to be Oliver's true match and partner. But they can't write the character, and the actress can't save them from the writing. Be glad they've taken some steps to alleviate this and that Felicity hasn't become Chloe Sullivan. And that they've found a landing spot for Sarah who absolutely deserved better. I'm curious what Colton Haynes is doing now that he's walked away from two successful TV series in four years.
See I like felicity. I'd rather see them follow the chemistry and make this their own then strictly stick to lore and I think that's been one of their forte on this show. I'm not a strict purist in that respect. I'm glad to a point they are making it their own a bit.

I 100% agree Sara Lance got a raw deal and she was definitely hands down the better canary and character so I'm so glad they found her another place. She totally deserves it.

That said yes! I'm really going to miss Colton! His character grew on me so much to the point that he became one of my favorites only for him to leave. I hope he comes back even just to visit. But its gotten to the point where I'm not allowed to like minor characters between this and the flash every time I fall in love with another support character they are gone... **cries**

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television