Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

The Walking Dead

Old March 26th, 2014, 10:34 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepyHead View Post
Spoiler: show
I think the whole Glenn/Maggi subplot monopolized an inordinate amount of time and attention, and I feel like it was pretty poorly constructed as well. I'm happy they're together, though, because it means we can get on with other stories.

This entire half season has dragged to a point: the creators seem caught between the want to keep characters and motivations ambiguous and the need to draw out the character-heavy emphasis so the final episode of the season can be Terminus.

To me, the convergence upon Terminus seems a bit unrealistic. I realize that the group is basically a bunch of refugees after the prison that are hoping to connect with each other, so Terminus is definitely an appealing option. However, not one character (to my knowledge) has taken a step back and thought "What if Terminus is overrun like the prison?" "What if there are people like the Governor trying to lure us into a trap?" etc. The prison group realized how particular they had to be in the zombie apocalypse with who they could trust: why are they letting their want for a refuge cloud their understanding of trust and safety of other humans?
Spoiler: show
Having Glenn and her be separated for so long only made it take that much longer to get to other parts of the plot. It kind of got old, and I'm glad that they're moving things forward plot wise. How do you feel it was poorly constructed?

Very good point. And it just screams trap imo. Way too convenient. You know what it kind of reminds me of? Wile Coyote trying to catch the Road Runner .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2014, 4:29 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

I've really been enjoying this last half of the season. I didn't realize it until they were out on the road, but the prison setting was played. There were few stories they could continue to tell there. In a real zomb poc, you would, of course, hunker down in a defensible fortress like that and just survive. But that does not make for interesting television. I've liked having them out in the world, dealing with new conflicts. I've also liked seeing new combinations of characters and how they interact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepyHead View Post
not one character (to my knowledge) has taken a step back and thought "What if Terminus is overrun like the prison?" "What if there are people like the Governor trying to lure us into a trap?" etc. The prison group realized how particular they had to be in the zombie apocalypse with who they could trust: why are they letting their want for a refuge cloud their understanding of trust and safety of other humans?
Terminus is clearly going to be bad news, just because we're in a TV show and like the prison, a nice, safe place is uninteresting. It is stretching plausibility that not one character voiced concern over this. But they did evolve from that attitude of not trusting anyone at all that dominated seasons 2 and 3. In the first half of this season, we see that they've taken in multiple new comers just based on their answers to the three questions. And Glenn's storyline with Tara and the other three new characters shows that they recognize they need numbers to survive. They have to attempt to work with others at some point. I obviously don't expect it to work out well, but I understand their reasoning.

Old January 12th, 2015, 4:57 am
Fifth Year

Aww sad to see this thread is dead...to be honest, this site seems so different...hae not been on it for years!!

Lol..just had to say..I love this show! Can't wait for Feb 8th...
There has been some...downers though...I disagree with the writing in some episodes...feel it went against the character...

Old January 14th, 2015, 1:34 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathplce4myhed View Post
Aww sad to see this thread is dead...to be honest, this site seems so different...hae not been on it for years!!

Lol..just had to say..I love this show! Can't wait for Feb 8th...
There has been some...downers though...I disagree with the writing in some episodes...feel it went against the character...
Yea it's been awfully quiet as of late .

I can't wait either.

How do you feel that the writing went against character?

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television