Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Project Runway - Season 13

Old September 26th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Rocket Scientist

Re: Project Runway - Season 13

I'm still watching. Just glad the judges finally woke up last week...

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2014, 2:44 pm
Rocket Scientist

Wow can I just say I really felt for Korina's situation but I don't think she handled it well at all. I'm not sure I agree with the judges making Korina and Char compete one on one, but after the competition I think they made the right choice picking Char based on the two looks. That said, based on the challenge hands down i think Char should have gone home. Bet Korina is kicking herself now for not speaking up on the previous challenge and allowing Char time to sew in the zipper.

Old October 6th, 2014, 8:30 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

That was very dramatic last week. I felt like it was totally manipulated for some weird reason. I think Char and Sean had the worst looks and Char should have gone home. I don't know why they didn't just let her go. It was really weird. The design-off at the end wasn't quite fair either. Having assistants in such a high stake one hour challenge seems to me that it gives an advantage to the person who had the better assistant. I like Char, but let's be fair, Korina's original look just wasn't that bad.

Korina really handled it bad, and it looks like she's going to burn some bridges in next episode!

Old October 15th, 2014, 4:53 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

I cannot believe they selected Char to be the fourth to show at Fashion Week. She clearly should have gone home. I can't believe the judges didn't even really criticize her outfits. The black one was so poorly made. Heidi held up the saggy middle section and they said, "Oh, that looks better." (And what did Char say when she chose Karina's outfit to work with? It had the most material? And Char's outfit didn't even incorporate any of that material except for the belt-like section. Was it a set up?? Manipulated by the producers so they could make Karina be her assistant?) The petal skirt and print top were also so poorly made. They said nothing. Nina actually complimented it. I'm not surprised they sent Emily home because they've seemed to hate her all season, but Char should have gone, too. I'm starting to think the show is manipulating the outcome in order to give credibility to The Tim Gunn Save. Like they can't let his save be eliminated before Fashion Week. It's ridiculous.

On a less ranty note--I thought the other three made good things that were worthy of Fashion Week. I was surprised at how much I loved Sean's white outfit. And Kini's and Amanda's were great, too.

Old October 15th, 2014, 3:34 pm
Rocket Scientist

agreed... char should not be going to fashion week. The other three deserve it but char is just a mess, she has poor construction and poor designs. I can see why korina was angry. The other three totally deserve to go to fashion week though. I'm excited to see what they do. If char comes in anything but 4th I'll be angry.

Last edited by Spacecadet; October 21st, 2014 at 3:30 pm.
Old October 20th, 2014, 5:33 pm

I agree with you both. I don't think the TG save should be an automatic in to fashion week. I feel like the same thing happened with Justin last season(?). It's should give the person a second chance, but then the judges should be honest after that.

I think this whole season has been set up as the Amanda show, and there is no way that that woman isn't winning. Well, her or Kini. If Sean wins I'll be shocked. His stuff is so hit or miss.

OK, anyone gonna watch the kids version of PR? I'm tempted... And speaking of Justin, an all star season will be starting up soon.

Old October 21st, 2014, 7:46 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
OK, anyone gonna watch the kids version of PR? I'm tempted... And speaking of Justin, an all star season will be starting up soon.
I am not going to be watching the kids version, but I will watch All Stars. Do you guys know who will be on this one?

Old October 21st, 2014, 3:32 pm
Rocket Scientist

I actually think justin deserved to go to fashion week. He improved every week and had some great ideas. Char on the other hand... not so much.

And agreed it's definitely been the amanda show most of this season. Either she or kini should win and I'm perfectly okay with that.

Not sure i'll watch the kids project runway but definitely looking forward to all stars... when does that start?

Old October 21st, 2014, 10:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
I am not going to be watching the kids version, but I will watch All Stars. Do you guys know who will be on this one?
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/16/pr...season-4-cast/

The most notable designers include Chris March of season 4, Jay Sario of season 7, and two past winners: Michelle Lesniak of season 11 and Dmitry Sholokhov of season 10.

Hoping for at least one win is Kate Pankoke, who is getting her third chance to prove herself on the runway; she originally appeared in season 11, then was brought back for season 12 by a fan vote. Here are the rest of the competitors, grouped by season:

Season 10
Fabio Costa, Gunnar Deatherage, and Sonjia Williams

Season 11
Samantha Black, Benjamin Mach, and Patricia Michaels

Season 12
Helen Castillo, Justin LeBlanc, and Alexandria von Bromssen

14 designers will return for redemption when All Stars premieres Oct. 30 on Lifetime, alongside host Alyssa Milano, judges Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman, and mentor Zanna Roberts Rassi.

I'm cross posting the All Stars info in the All Stars thread. I love when they do back to back seasons.

Last edited by HMN; October 21st, 2014 at 10:33 pm.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 5:55 am

Thanks for posting that list, HMN! I honestly don't remember half of those designers. I will when I see their faces, but I guess I'm terrible with names. Honestly, when I return from Christmas break every year, I'm shaky on my own students' names.

I really like Chris March, Dimitry, Michelle and Fabio. And I thought Justin was getting pretty good towards the end of his season. I absolutely love Georgina Chapman as a judge, but I'm meh about Alyssa Milano.

Old October 26th, 2014, 7:39 am

What did you guys think of the finale? Were you happy with the winner? I was pleasantly surprised. I did not expect them to choose that winner, but that's who I was rooting for for quite a while.

Old October 28th, 2014, 2:29 pm
Rocket Scientist

I didn't expect that winner either but based on the final collections I think they picked a good winner. Really between Kini, Amanda and Sean they couldn't go wrong. They are in a completely different league than Char and she really didn't belong in the finale.

Old October 30th, 2014, 10:11 pm

I was shocked Amanda didn't win. They seemed to be plugging for her all season. But then again, Sean could do no wrong. I knew it wasn't going to Char. She's not a bad designer, but she needs more time to develop her craft. Kini also, while he made a lot of dramatic clothes, they're not really for the target market Fashion Week is aiming for. I can see him being a successful fancy dress designer - especially for kids!

Amanda is going to do just fine. With her famous brother and all
Her jewelry was ok, but I did like her looks. Funny enough, there is a shop on my street that has 'designer' dresses. And one of them is totally a black and white version of Amanda's color blocked dresses. So either she's totally current, or a copy cat.

Old October 31st, 2014, 4:51 am

Did you guys catch the reunion episode tonight? Korina...

Old October 31st, 2014, 4:36 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
Did you guys catch the reunion episode tonight? Korina...
I'm watching it now. I don't want to totally generalize, but I feel like she's got typical millennial issues. Total entitlement. Probably was told her whole life how special and talented she was. Can't handle hearing otherwise, and was never taught how to deal with failure.

Wow, I never realized Char criticized Amanda for 'taking wins away from other contestants.' Because she's been invited back, but then Char was in the same situation with the Tim Gunn save!

Old November 1st, 2014, 11:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
Wow, I never realized Char criticized Amanda for 'taking wins away from other contestants.' Because she's been invited back, but then Char was in the same situation with the Tim Gunn save!
Yeah, and that's what Char said later in the episode--that after she was brought back, she saw things from Amanda's perspective and realized what a brat she had been. And then Amanda said the same thing--after she was annoyed that Char was brought back, she realized how the others must have felt when she was brought back.

Old November 3rd, 2014, 2:37 pm
Rocket Scientist

yeah korina... I mean on the one hand, i get it, char got way more passes than she deserved, however she did not act very professional in response at all. She didnt handle her anger well.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television