Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Veronica Mars - TV

Old April 1st, 2014, 6:10 pm
Curse Breaker

Re: Veronica Mars - TV

Oh...sugar. I was never an LoVe adherent. I tendeed to remember Mr. Echolls as the "psychotic jack..." version of himself because he had relapses. Of the explored possibilities, he is undoubtedly the best, but I find myself stuck hoping for more from Veronica's lifemate and partner (as described in previous posts). Of course, that's not in keeping with the dynamics of the show or the film...so, I'll just have to get used to disappointment as Westley would say.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2014, 9:29 pm
Curse Breaker

Okay, look. Even as a non LoVe partisan, I watched the Veronica Mars film and thoroughly enjoyed it....except the inciting incident for the murder in this film could not possibly have happened in the continuum of the show. Gia Goodman is introduced on the field trip that produced the Bus Crash. She's never been to Neptune High (or, presumably, any of the Neptune feeder schools). She's a private school kid so new to the social scene that her father engineered the field trip to get her to mix with classmates (and raise his profile as he amped up his political aspirations). How exactly Gia is so new to Neptune's social system when her father has been a fixture and a little league coach for over a decade is unclear, but based on Season 2, one would not think that she'd be partying with the wilder '09er circles of Neptune High weeks before that introduction. I can overlook that because the movie is highly enjoyable, but that would seem to be not so much a plot hole as a plot crater.

Old September 23rd, 2014, 10:56 pm
Curse Breaker

Apparently, Rob Thomas turned his original script for the reunion movie into a Veronica Mars novel. Any word on whether this project was successful enough that he could convince the studio to get the surviving members of the band back together again for that adaptation?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television