Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Novella

Life of a Flat Character

Old August 11th, 2011, 6:35 pm
First Year

Life of a Flat Character

Hello all! I'm currently working on a piece of a writing, the length of which has yet to be determined. I've got a starting point and a place that I want it to end, but I'm still planning on how much stuff I want in between. For now, here's a very short taster.

Oh crud.
“Run,” Joey whispered. “Now!”
“Good luck, kiddo.”
I bounded down the stairs, out the wooden doors and across the courtyard. I could feel eyes on me as I streaked past the Study Hall and up towards the East Wing. I ripped open my locker and frantically searched for the label “Religion 4-B”. Heart thumping, I seized the pink binder and tore back down the hall as fast as I could. Relieved, I saw that people were still filing into the classroom. Joey and I fist-pounded as I brought up the rear.
That’s about as exciting as it gets. I make an epic dash for a binder and afterwards I feel so proud that I must fist-pound somebody.

--

Now that summer is as near as ever, the atmosphere of the entire school has relaxed. Students break the dress code, the teachers don’t care and certain faculty members are spotted in disturbingly short shorts. The entire school, that is, except for Ms. Thomason. As with any other time of year, fun is the last thing you would expect to have in her classroom.
“We’re going to continue the movie today. Don’t forget to take notes because you’ll have an essay to write later,” she told the class.
“But we’ve only got a week left before school’s out!”
“Yes, and we still have to get through our ‘moral orals’ and debates! So we had better speed it up if we’re to finish on time,” Ms. Thomason answered as she switched on the VCR.
On came the Whoopie Goldberg film about racism we’d been watching for the past four classes. We started when a lot of people were absent for various extracurriculars and when everyone came back we began again. We’re only a quarter of the way in right now. I wonder if Ms. Thomason knows how much time she’s wasting.

That's all I can give away for now. Keep checking this space for more! (May take a while though )

"We Slytherins are brave, yes, but not stupid.
For instance, given the choice, we will always choose to save our own necks.”
- Phineas Nigellus

Sponsored Links
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Novella