Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Novella

Has yet to be titled

Old April 20th, 2011, 7:01 pm
Second Year

Has yet to be titled

Please read, and let me know what you think! Feel free to Owl me if you would like!

You ever had one of those days where it seems that no one is around to listen, and the only ones that are around couldn't care enough to bat an eyelash? Such is the life I live everyday, all day. It's almost as if everyone around is so wrapped up in their blatantly boring, self-absorbed lives, they forget there is an existence of any other human being. Ah, well. It never does much to dwell on the misfortunate ways of life these days. Now, I always thought I was tossed about so much because I was 'nerdy', but it soon dawned on me that my 'nerdiness' was purely a misconception. You see, I am not just your average teenage girl that frolics around school in awe at the male species, twirling her hair in major hopes of becoming the most popular girl in the class. No, I most definitely am not. I am-in a somewhat complex simplicity- Jezibele Vita Renae Crow, and I am just.... different.

Chapter 1
With the chirping of the birds, rang a loud and utterly annoying hum that echoed over and over again in the small confines of the space that I call my room. 6:12 a.m. Not a minute sooner, not a minute later. I hated mornings more then I can recall hating anything else. Well, there are a few other things that I can think of. Every morning-minus weekends and school holidays, I must wake and ready myself for another extensive- and might I add pointless- day at Cheshire Lane Academy. In no way is it an actual academy of sorts-the ratio of brains to imbeciles is almost as grotesque as finding the needle in a haystack. However, there are quite a few with talents.

I rose out of bed with the slightest of disposition to the day at hand-Junction of Qualifications. What is Junction of Qualifications? Well, it is where the Dame Mimsfield, every year, finds it necessary to hound the student body with a full-day seminar and exhibition of schools of continued higher learning. Although rather dull and repetitive, it is probably the easiest time for me to blend in and camouflage my easily apparent 'oddities'.

My hair was long and tussled, a rustic red in color. I brushed it back into a half-mangled ponytail and looked into the mirror. Bronze as the setting sun, my eyes fiercely stared back at me. The complexsion of my skin was creamy tan and I had the faintest of freckles across my cheekbones. Great, I thought, more of a need to attempt at putting on concealer. Scrambling to blend in the blotches already visible on my face, my hand grazed over the 4 inch long, 1 inch deep scar crest on my chin and lower lip. I had had it for years, a souvenir of battle. Trying my hardest to remove my fingers from the always- there- reminder, my brain immediately went into overload, recalling just what exactly branded my face with this most fortunate of victory awards.

I was perched upon the rooftop of a neighbor's home in the town I used to reside in, hiding out from the comradry hunting me down. They had been following me for months, scavenging around every last known place of my existence- no matter how brief it was. They had chased me down block after block, neighborhood after neighborhood, hoping to corner me in and claim me as one of their own-for once and for all. I managed to side track them with cross-thread thoughts. Dinner. The chase. News of my father's promotion. Dinner. Rhys. The chase. Losing my brother. The chase. The new bookstore in town. The chase. Losing my brother to them. And thats when it happened. Out of nowhere, Kielan lurched at me from the perch he kept in the tree. I wrestled with an immense amount of strength, half mine, half the 'pire inside of me. The ferocity in my attempts to block all attacks was running rampant through my veins. I was ****** at myself for not foreseeing the attack, but ultimately more ****** at the fact that I open-handedly let the intrusion in due to an unwavering wash of vulnerability. I thought of Rhys, and how I lost him to them. Managing to slide from underneath Kielan, I cowered over him, gripping his neck with all the force I could muster. His eyes were as wide and dark as the night sky, his brow narrowing, trying to fight off the intrusion into his mind by the others. Had they found out he had ultimately failed in succombing me to the life of a wanderer, a murderer by nature-he would have been obliterated into the farrowing depths of no return. The ultimate hell for vampires.

From beginning to end, I shall say it again. Twas nice to be amongst the most dearest of friends.-Brynn Ashleigh '11
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2011, 6:02 am
Second Year

Re: Has yet to be titled

I like the self-description parts. Not a vampire story fan but it has promise. There is a tempting tone to the first few paragraphs

Old May 1st, 2011, 7:49 am
Second Year

Re: Has yet to be titled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigga View Post
I like the self-description parts. Not a vampire story fan but it has promise. There is a tempting tone to the first few paragraphs

Thank you

From beginning to end, I shall say it again. Twas nice to be amongst the most dearest of friends.-Brynn Ashleigh '11
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Novella