Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Novella

Sarahs Tidbits

Old October 25th, 2010, 12:34 am
Second Year

Sarahs Tidbits

I don't actually write stories often, but sometimes I write a few sentences out of nowhere and save them all in one folder. They're nothing particularly interesting, and really quite bad but I thought I'd share whatever I write here.

And she wandered down the narrow street, golden orbs reflecting in her eyes from the streetlights. She didnít know how far she was going, or how far she had been, but she kept moving, hearing nothing but the quiet footsteps reverberating beneath her. An owl hooted softly nearby as she brushed her hair behind her ear and closed her eyes.

When I look back through my life and all the mistakes that I have made, no matter how upsetting, embarrassing or significant they may have seemed at the time, there is not one that I regret. Why? Because everything that happened to me was a moment in my life that I was able to experience, learn from and move on from; I am the person I am today because of these very mistakes. Every single one of us can be seen as a puzzle, someone who can be broken into pieces and fixed back together again. There are pieces of us moulded by past experience, some pieces that we are still investigating, and then there are those we are yet to discover. When my life draws to a close, I want to be able to say that I have experienced defeat, struggle and loss and have found my way out of the depths. I want to be able to say that I have experienced and cherished - whether pleasurable or painful - love, laughter and hope. When my life flashes before my eyes, I want to see that I, the incredibly complex puzzle that I have become, am complete. Because only then will I be contented to say, 'I tried my best. I succeeded and I failed. When the last remaining light falls over the horizon, no matter what has happened, I have experienced life.'

Growing up, Iíve come to realise life doesnít always happen the way we want it to, and although we may feel in control of ourselves and our surroundings, there will come a certain time when you will look back and wonder what the hell happened. That is how I see it anyway. In my mind Iíve always had this visage of life: how people develop, how they learn, progress, communicate, change, and although we are never forced to recognise this aspect of life, it is always there in the corner of our eye, waiting to be noticed. One particular thing that stands out to me is the everlasting effect of ageing we all seem to encounter. Iím not talking about the wrinkles or the grey hair; Iím talking about the innocence, the purity that is taken away as you grow older. It has become very clear to me how time changes people. Take for example, when you look into the eyes of a child, of a newborn baby, the beauty of their innocence is incredible, and you are almost immediately comforted by it. Unfortunately, it only takes one brief look at an adult to realise that the innocence we once had has almost cruelly been taken from us and left us a shell of what we used to be. At the age of 27, I am more than determined to regain back some of my childhood, to look at life as more than just a work-based cycle and to really focus on the things that matter. Let me take you back to my earlier days when it all began.

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart. Their daring, nerve and chivalry set Gryffindors apart.
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2011, 6:47 pm
First Year

Re: Sarahs Tidbits

Cool

Old March 24th, 2011, 1:10 am
Second Year

I think these vignettes are beautiful. Keep writing!

Old March 28th, 2011, 6:17 am
Second Year

These are wonderful! I too have many, many personal writings.
You have quite a bit of talent, keep it up!

From beginning to end, I shall say it again. Twas nice to be amongst the most dearest of friends.-Brynn Ashleigh '11
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Novella