Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Castle

Old April 18th, 2016, 6:49 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Re: Castle

Both Stana and Tamala are gone next season.

I have no words for this.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2016, 7:00 am
Curse Breaker

They're cutting their throats to spite their faces. The even weirder thing, they combined the announcements and the portion on Katic was conciliatory and looking forward to future work. Tamalia Jones' section was just a "Here's your hat, where's your hurry" kiss-off. I find this extremely aggravating because they burned half of this season with Beckett's pursuit of this drug dealer and even torpedoed the marriage...y'know the thing that kept people watching...for awhile in service of it. And now, they're burning down the house on a top 15 to top 10 show. So, what? Is the MI-6 going to become a full on PI partner now and Castle's going to be a "man of mystery?" Is he going to use her as a muse for new spy thrillers or for the reimagining of that very special British agent with the license to kill?

Come on!

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old April 21st, 2016, 1:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
They're cutting their throats to spite their faces. The even weirder thing, they combined the announcements and the portion on Katic was conciliatory and looking forward to future work. Tamalia Jones' section was just a "Here's your hat, where's your hurry" kiss-off. I find this extremely aggravating because they burned half of this season with Beckett's pursuit of this drug dealer and even torpedoed the marriage...y'know the thing that kept people watching...for awhile in service of it. And now, they're burning down the house on a top 15 to top 10 show. So, what? Is the MI-6 going to become a full on PI partner now and Castle's going to be a "man of mystery?" Is he going to use her as a muse for new spy thrillers or for the reimagining of that very special British agent with the license to kill?

Come on!
Yep. It's very strange. Just read something via Twitter that gives away a big plot point possibly. I feel really bad for fans right now .

Spoiler: show

It's just become such a bad joke.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old April 23rd, 2016, 5:59 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:

Come on!
One more confirmation that there is no shortage of stupidity at ABC.

....I miss David Tennant....
Old April 27th, 2016, 4:49 am
Curse Breaker

And of course they wait until the season finale is about wrapped to spring this on the cast and crew. Yippee. The season actually managed to recover (or almost recover) from the "split them up to create dramatic tension" brain cramp. And now....this.

Old April 27th, 2016, 6:39 am
Sixth Year

I'm glad you all are keeping me up to date. I haven't seen any episodes since Mar 7 (I'm on a ship just south of the equator.) I'm going to have think hard about if I even want to watch the shows - I've recorded while gone.

I guess ABC doesn't like shows that have a following unless they are 'reality' (??) shows.

Pottermore: MahoganyFrog20318

Pottermore: Ilvermorny: Thunderbird
Old April 28th, 2016, 9:53 am
Curse Breaker

ABC can be downright weird about a lot of things. Way back when, it had two freshman midseason replacements with meh numbers but dedicated fanbases and chose one over the other. And the one they dumped had a greater assemblage of talent and was lauded as the more original show by critics. The year was 2009. The two shows were "The Unusuals" and..."Castle" (which some quippy critics took to calling Murder, He Wrote) Bowman remembered and used it as an ep title several seasons in just to laugh at conventional wisdom. The lead-up to the Caskett marriage is where you begin to see either boredom or panic on the part of the writers. The dress is destroyed, the venue is unavailable, and Beckett is technically already married. And then, Castle vanishes. Then, they rushed the wedding to try to build good will and that didn't work as well as they hoped. And that season became a series of "event" episodes--including "Alternate Universe" episode which was just plain strange. As if one of Castle's wackiest theories came to life and punched him in the jaw. They get through all that and we have a mostly happy finale with the possibility of a continued threat hanging over them. But then, they split the pair up for nearly half a season as if it's the second season of L&C or a meandering season of Charmed! They finally FINALLY move towards recovery from that fiasco, and the axe falls at ABC without warning. At least when CBS cut The Good Wife off, they had the decency to give them 6 months of warning so they could restructure the end of the season into a series finale. Good grief.

Old May 13th, 2016, 3:24 am
Curse Breaker

The madness has officially concluded. After the shockwave and backlash about Beckett and Lainie and the subsequent "I'm returning!" release from Seamus Deaver who portrays Ryan, word has officially come down that Castle is no more after the finale. Now, I have mixed emotions about this. I think they could have had a couple more seasons with the existing formula, but if they were eliminating Beckett, they were effectively killing the show. The end.

Of course ABC showed its true idiocy with twin announcements. Agents of Shield has been renewed (ugh!) and Agent Carter has been canceled. Hopefully after the pilot doesn't get picked up or flames out, someone else will pick up Agent Carter and shame the Alphabet for its idiocy, but that's a battle for another day.

On the plus side, The Catch has reportedly been renewed.

Old May 13th, 2016, 4:26 am
Curse Breaker

Really? They're killing off Beckett & then ending the series? How could this get any worse? So very unsatisfying, the writers (can we even still call them that?) should be extremely embarrassed along with the executives steering this show into the ground. Ugh.

Old May 14th, 2016, 5:04 pm
Curse Breaker

This one I think is on the producers. They didn't want to fork over the dough for Stana Katic for next year. That killed it.

Old May 17th, 2016, 5:00 am
Curse Breaker

So, it is well and truly over. And you can see the fingerprints of the EVIL cliffhanger they were going to leave the fans with over the summer before they tacked on the minute or so of unearned slapdash resolution in flashforward. Still a nice episode with an EVIL almost-ending.

Old May 17th, 2016, 5:29 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
So, it is well and truly over. And you can see the fingerprints of the EVIL cliffhanger they were going to leave the fans with over the summer before they tacked on the minute or so of unearned slapdash resolution in flashforward. Still a nice episode with an EVIL almost-ending.
Better than the alternative ending they planned when they were going to try to continue the series.

Old May 18th, 2016, 3:21 pm
Curse Breaker

No, not really. They showed you that ending down to the bloody shirt and handclasp, and then gave a half-hearted effort at undoing it in less than a minute. It wouldn't have even been half-hearted if they hadn't included the reference to the time traveler episode.

Old May 19th, 2016, 4:56 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
No, not really. They showed you that ending down to the bloody shirt and handclasp, and then gave a half-hearted effort at undoing it in less than a minute. It wouldn't have even been half-hearted if they hadn't included the reference to the time traveler episode.
I don't know...continuing the show with Beckett dead would have been the worst move in my opinion, for so many reasons. I'd rather they had both of them die or both of them live. I agree that the "seven years later" part could have been handled better. I missed the time traveler reference as I was too busy counting kids to see if it matched the prediction. But I also thought Kate looked pregnant, so that would make it 4.

Old May 19th, 2016, 1:16 pm
Curse Breaker

I agree about logistics. But they showed you right where the credits were going to roll if they'd gotten a season 9. Right at that handclasp. So you basically got the EVIL ending, and then they said..."Oh, you'd kill us if we let the series end like that? Fine. Just kidding. Here's a minute of the Happily Ever After future the fans want. Happy now?" Answer: Not really.

Old May 20th, 2016, 4:33 am
Curse Breaker

I think that's a perfect summary actually.

Old May 30th, 2016, 8:10 pm

Quote:
I agree about logistics. But they showed you right where the credits were going to roll if they'd gotten a season 9. Right at that handclasp. So you basically got the EVIL ending, and then they said..."Oh, you'd kill us if we let the series end like that? Fine. Just kidding. Here's a minute of the Happily Ever After future the fans want. Happy now?" Answer: Not really.
Word. It was better than it could have been, but it still stunk.

Old May 31st, 2016, 4:47 am
Curse Breaker

If that dude had actually been killed in the car instead of using it as a cover, that could have been a satisfying conclusion. The two of them triumphant and affectionate in their house having conquered all the demons. Nope. Of course not. This writing crew seems to have been afflicted by whatever condition compelled the Bones writers to write EVIL ridiculous cliffhangers and contradictory endpoints in several consecutive seasons. Awful. They saved it, sorta. But it was still something awful pulled from something beautiful and then papered over with a really weak ending to placate the fanbase after torturing them again.

Old June 3rd, 2016, 6:55 pm

Quote:
If that dude had actually been killed in the car instead of using it as a cover, that could have been a satisfying conclusion. The two of them triumphant and affectionate in their house having conquered all the demons. Nope. Of course not. This writing crew seems to have been afflicted by whatever condition compelled the Bones writers to write EVIL ridiculous cliffhangers and contradictory endpoints in several consecutive seasons. Awful. They saved it, sorta. But it was still something awful pulled from something beautiful and then papered over with a really weak ending to placate the fanbase after torturing them again.
Disagree about the writing crew. What they've done is FAR worse in my opinion, than what's happening on Bones. At least they're (the Bones people) are trying. The Castle ones just didn't seem to care.

Old June 6th, 2016, 6:58 pm
Curse Breaker

I think the Bones crew didn't care for about four years and left ugly stupid cliffhangers that trimmed the audience. Maybe they got back to quality after that, but the damage was done by then, at least for me.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television